Community > Posts By > JustScribbles

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/26/15 03:09 PM
Wonderful date Little Lily of the Seacoast~flowers Thank you!

I've got to scoot. Have a splendid sort of day, Lady. waving

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/26/15 02:56 PM
We've got Macadamias, Peanuts and Pistachios - Lady's choice. Fair warning, Spring (the dog) loves ice cream. Prepare to be slurped. tongue2

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/26/15 02:43 PM
Hiya! flowerforyou I wonder if our blind date buddies would watch the Pied Piper with us?

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/26/15 02:41 PM
Made me laugh my tail off! My ex mom-in-law only liked ONE thing about me - she couldn't always beat me @ Scrabble. The Wicked Witch of the East did have a weakness.

After Scrabble, it's time for the Slip'n'Slide under the sprinkler in the yard. It's getting warm here, y'know.

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/26/15 02:31 PM
Let her snooze. It's a looooong swim from her house to mine. :wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Tue 05/26/15 02:29 PM
stay. We'll get a whole bagful of kitty treats and wander the neighborhood 'til we've got a parade of cats wandering with us! rofl

JustScribbles's photo
Mon 05/25/15 12:03 AM
quirks, quirks and more quirks :banana:

JustScribbles's photo
Mon 05/25/15 12:02 AM
youth

JustScribbles's photo
Mon 05/25/15 12:00 AM
Nitrites

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 11:58 PM
Psssst! Ana's not wearin' her flowers! love

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 11:55 PM
Yikes! Ana! You've got no flowers on! surprised

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 11:49 PM
Nahhhh, it makes what sleep I do get soooo much more restful. tongue2

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 11:47 PM
We don' need no steeeeenkin' friends!

Ooooops, some movie or other got under my fingers.

The only thing I've ever asked from a friend is 'Don't let me become invisible.'

Don't need anything else, and I'll give sooooo much more. Sometimes, it even works. :wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 11:41 PM
waving Howdy from a fellow Owl. My silly heart won't even start beating before 11 a.m.

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 10:39 PM
Ahhhh, nutz. Hack to your heart's content. If ya gotta see me with a mutt tryin' to type at the same time, be my guest. (Spring's not very bashful, either.) :banana:

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 10:16 PM
I see Spring (the dog) having either a nightmare or a rousing chase through the woods. It's gonna take me a minute or two to decide whether or not to wake her...

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 10:08 PM

I know I'll never be hot, but I am ok with that, some guys like lukewarm:tongue:

*Warbling Joe Cocker's rendition of 'Youuu arrrre so beautiful, toooo meeee!* flowers

Bunny rocks! waving

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 09:44 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Sun 05/24/15 09:52 PM

Why should other people's feelings not matter? Why not just be considerate to those that might be uncomfortable with it?

It's not just the choice involving the mom. In a public place, the public has a say too. In a business, the business has a say.

Mom's can completely take off her shirt in her own home if she wants to, but if it's in public...it makes it the publics business too.

Holy cow

The answer to that for me was that I was more concerned with my child's well-being than the nearsighted opinion of the public's. I'm responsible for my kid's care. I'm not responsible for other's opinions.

When my wife chose to cover, I was ok with that. When she didn't/couldn't, I was ok with that, too. I was proud of her courage.

I'm ok with modesty. I'm not ok with my child being hungry or my better half being seen as some sort of 'creature' because others are squeamish.

Not sure how that is courage. I'm not saying someone should go to the bathroom to breast feed are anything.

The child isn't going to die from lack of milk in the time it takes for a blanket. Concern for the child is food parenting but let's face it, the child didn't stop breathing or anything

It's about being considerate of others in public.

Would you want strangers staring at her and watching the baby breast feed?

I would be creeped out

Rose, that sometimes happened. Folks look. But what you're describing is separate from the act. And it comes down to courage, no doubt about it.

There are LOTS of folks who think that - what do I call it? blatant breast feeding? Is that gonna work for y'all? - is somehow distasteful.

What you're describing is how YOU feel about the act: 'creeped out' that others might watch and some other observations from your prior post regarding 'the public'.

And that's precisely the point. If it's something that you don't want to do, don't. If you'd rather not see it, don't look. It's your choice. YOU have the choice. We, those who are focused otherwise, have our own choices to make and act upon.

Y'all also have the choice, and the right, to bark about it. *shrugs*

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 09:33 PM

Why should other people's feelings not matter? Why not just be considerate to those that might be uncomfortable with it?

It's not just the choice involving the mom. In a public place, the public has a say too. In a business, the business has a say.

Mom's can completely take off her shirt in her own home if she wants to, but if it's in public...it makes it the publics business too.

Holy cow

The answer to that for me was that I was more concerned with my child's well-being than the nearsighted opinion of the public's. I'm responsible for my kid's care. I'm not responsible for other's opinions.

When my wife chose to cover, I was ok with that. When she didn't/couldn't, I was ok with that, too. I was proud of her courage.

I'm ok with modesty. I'm not ok with my child being hungry or my better half being seen as some sort of 'creature' because others are squeamish.

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 09:15 PM
If that's Mom's choice, that's fine. She can choose to cover or not. No quibble.

It's Mom's choice, though. At the end of the day, she's the one that is responsible for the child's care, in this situation.

If she's comfy with it, the baby's comfy with it, the only people that aren't simply don't count.

Look Somewhere Else

Holy cow.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25