Community > Posts By > JustScribbles

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 09:07 PM
The thought, the very idea, that someone ought to 'hide' while caring for their offspring to protect the tender sensibilities of others is just ludicrous in my eyes.

If they aren't adult enough to deal with it, that's THEIR problem - not mom's, not the child's, not society's.

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 09:03 PM

we can pretend its the same situation, but its not

IMO, you're mistaken. The other alternatives you've described HAVE alternatives. A mom that chooses to breastfeed has made a different choice, that's all.

Again, if it rubs folks' fur the wrong way, they have a choice, too - pay attention to something else.

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 08:59 PM

its really not about whether natural is bad,, its about appropriate ways to be 'natural'

pooping is 'natural' but people dont want to witness others doing it, and it takes little effort to agree on an 'appropriate' place to be natural in that case

scratching an itch in a sensitive area is 'natural' too, but also something that seems a bit tacky to do in front of others

,,its just a matter of consideration for others in HOW we do 'natural' things,,,,nothing about whether they are bad things or not,,

Your first example is a matter of health and welfare - bodily waste is not meant to be shared.

Your second is a question of propriety and self-restraint.

Feeding a hungry child is an imperative.

Where's the correlation?

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 08:47 PM
When real life conversations end with, '...y'know ____ on Mingle wouldn't have said THAT!' grumble

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 04:28 PM

Because much like sex whether or not you get it is entirely dependent upon the whims and feelings of another person.

I disagree, whole-heartedly.

Love does NOT depend on whether or not someone returns it. It's independent. It stems from personal feelings and it need not be reciprocated.

Of course, it's a lot more palatable - and much less frustrating - when it is. :wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 04:09 PM
We are coming, bit by bit, thanks to courageous (and assertive) souls, to recognize that natural is not an inherently bad thing.

Breast feeding in public is still something pretty 'new.' That very newness is a goofy thing. Some folks do take advantage of the shock value, it's true. Some folks 'use' it as a sort of bludgeon to get their point across. Some folks simply have a hungry infant and want to fix that.

If it's uncomfortable for anyone, they might keep in mind that breast feeding does not include handcuffing all of those who might be less comfy with it.

If it bothers you, direct your attention elsewhere.

And, look at the bright side, it's lots less attention-getting than a balky, crying, hungry infant intent on letting the world know how they feel. rofl

JustScribbles's photo
Sun 05/24/15 03:00 PM
The other thing about this is: If someone shows interest in you when you have your kids along it might not be a bad thing, at all, to return. There are lots of guys that find kids intimidating. If he thinks that's ok, that could be a good thing, one less hurdle, y'know?

Keep safety and security in mind, for you and your little ones, but I wouldn't rule out flirting a bit in this situation. :thumbsup:

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/23/15 01:22 AM

i do not agree with your reasoning .. we have all seen how religion can be and is used as a means to slaughter .

^^^This is spot on. More folks die violently in the name of religion or because of religious beliefs than maybe ANY other cause...and it never stops.

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/23/15 01:08 AM

I may have broken yet another heart.

Silly girl. rofl

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/23/15 01:02 AM

As in not into swirl. Thanks for the inbox. Who is this poem for?

I know who I'd send it to. Does that count? :wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/23/15 12:53 AM
Hiya, 3F. waving

C'mon out and wander the Zoo with us. Keep an eye on your cotton candy though! tongue2

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 11:49 PM

flowerforyou :thumbsup:

Hey, you. Long time, no see. drinker

.flowers

tongue2 Smooochy li'l critter.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 11:41 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/22/15 11:43 PM

flowerforyou :thumbsup:

Hey, you. Long time, no see. How's Lb? drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 11:37 PM
Hey, partner...Going bottom to top: There is more done on this story. In fact, there's more of this prologue and it's more polished. This is working copy from an outline.

I hadn't really thought about making it saucier. In my head (and in the stuff that's already written), it's more rough and tumble than that. Your idea makes sense; sex sells. I'm nowhere near done with this critter. I'll keep that in mind.

Your comment about having to 'go back and reread' in some places is precisely why I put this out here. Be more specific? You won't hurt my feelings. I put it here for feedback. We've talked, you know I value your input.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Criticism is not a negative im my eyes; it's a tool to be used. :thumbsup:

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 09:46 PM
I'm in Texas and have been paying some attention to this debate. And I'm torn. As an avid Constitutionalist and an even more avid 2nd Amendment supporter, my heart says, Good!

I also see that binding law enforcement's hands regarding liberal oversight of open carry will result in a nightmare waiting to happen.

It's been said that 'an armed society is a polite society' but I wonder...

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 09:35 PM
^^^One battle at a time, partner. *sigh*

Having been a former member of that very media - and not anymore, precisely because of what you've posted - I sympathize. 'If it bleeds, it leads' is a preposterous and self-serving policy. That said, every little step forward is a win. In this particular case, a judge made what I believe to be the right call.

Got to take progress as it comes. Wish I could hurry it, but that's not gonna happen.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 09:30 PM
The thoughts and prayers of an old fella go out to you and yours, 'Star.

Sounds like he's making progress. Good to hear.

And he's got a great Gran. flowerforyou

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 09:07 PM
And, personal issues aside, none of that has any bearing ahead of the trial. That's why we HAVE trials. A jury of our peers, sequestration from potentially biasing information and, in the end, justice. You're fond of the Constitution; is that only when it doesn't affect you personally?

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 08:59 PM
As it should be. The court is where trial should be held and evidence presented. The court of public opinion is both unregulated and ignorant of all the related facts. No doubt, the vid will be a part of the official proceedings and that's the way it ought to be. To put it into the public domain ahead of the trial potentially taints the jury pool.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/22/15 08:53 PM
Ohhhh, you're just bein' silly. I can prove it. Post your number right here. You'll soon see that all your fears are unwarranted and all of the Mingle world is populated with only those folks you'd like to know.

Go on! Try it! I'm sure it'll all turn out ok. :wink:

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25