Community > Posts By > shanefromnola

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 12:07 PM

Unfortunately, it depends how compassionate each human being is. I live in a block of flats, not everyone living there will respect the rules of the housing company. You can tell, by the way some tear down posters, throw exit signs onto the floor in
the hallway, some shout abuse at others, it's just stupid. And it's a housing company that is designed for mentally ill people. It's not shocking. It's just all very immature. I wasn't ever expecting anyone to consider my peace of mind anyway. These are neighbours who don't even like each other. Because I don't get involved in their arguments, I'm always having to listen to their complaints. The tenancies are only short-term though, so it won't be long til we get more well-behaved people, hopefully. laugh. I absolutely refuse to involve myself in their scuffles. Humanity is good at ruining neighborhoods. It makes me feel
ddisgusted to be human. Humans may never get it, until it's too late. It may take a very overwhelming event, to shock them into caring more. I REALLY hate admitting this, and I don't want sympathy, not at all. I was once suicidal, and I'd took an overdose. My mum was very suddenly scared into listening to me more. Not saying she cared less, before it happened. It's just painful that some things have to end up tragic, before people begin to see life the way they could have done, before the tragic stuff happened.

I think you're correct in comparing humans as a whole / the planet with you / your mother. You're right, people won't care until our actions have a direct impact on them.
And I feel like the problems you mention about your neighborhood, go back to how people choose to raise (or to not raise) their children. I see this in my city as well, lots of kids raise themselves, it's pretty messed up. I may be criticized for saying this but, some people just aren't fit to have kids. They're should be some sort of requirement, prove you're worthy of being a parent, for the sake of everyone.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 09:35 AM

I think we oughta be hollerin' "Save the Humans"...the planet, and plants, will survive us and thrive once again, but once we're gone, we're gone! So if you don't quit using plastic bags for the benefit of pigeons, sea otters, or daffodils, do it for yourself.

I agree to an extent. Sure, all these things will most likely survive humanity, but how are we to survive if we alter our only habitat beyond the point of the earth being able to support ourselves, esp with our sheer numbers. Humans remind me of yeast making wine. We consume our resources as fast as possible then toxics ourselves in our own waste. This is because of our infinite growth economic model. We're not a rational species, the system can't go on forever, as you can't have infinite growth on a planet with finite resources, unless we move industry to space.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 07:46 AM

Absolutemently. We all need to stop breathing because CO2 causes globull worming. And what we exhale is CO2 which according to all the so called climate change experts is the cause of globull worming. Yes, CO2 is what these experts call carbon. I hope they all stop breathing. And Al Bore should really stop flying around in his private jet and sell one of his many estates. But he buys and sells carbon credits through his own trading company. Hypocrite much?

Oh and yes, lets decrease the world population by increasing the number of abortions in the world. No problem killing innocents in the womb to keep the number of humans down on this planet.

And no I don't think the USA is a irresponsible about the environment. I'd say look to China which builds a coal plant a week which has no pollution controls on the coal power plants. That's why large cities in China are a haze of pollution. But then China is excused from all pollution controls by the supposed great minds of the Useless Nations (UN). It's all a farce.

Well the original post was about not cutting down so many trees, or perhaps planting them. The simple fact is, it doesn't matter one bit if al gore or anyone else lied, as in the amazon for example, the lungs of the planet are being slashed and burned for cattle pasture. And this is happening everywhere in the tropics.
The fact is, humans are pumping exponentially more carbon and other pollutants into the air (esp. China) each decade, meanwhile we destroy the woody forests which is our only hope of controlling levels of these gases. Trees breathe carbon and exhale oxygen, it's a perfect symbiosis with us humans, there's a balancing act there.

oxygen is created in plants and used up by animals. But the oxygen cycle is not actually quite that simple. Plants must break carbohydrates down into energy just as animals do. During the day, plants hold onto a bit of the oxygen which they produced in photosynthesis and use that oxygen to break down carbohydrates. But in order to maintain their metabolism and continue respiration at night, the plants must absorb oxygen from the air and give off carbon dioxide just as animals do. Even though plants produce approximately ten times as much oxygen during the day as they consume at night, the night-time consumption of oxygen by plants can create low oxygen conditions in some water habitats.

http://water.me.vccs.edu/concepts/oxycycle.html

This is true, but perhaps goes over many peoples heads. I find that most people intuitively grasp the simple idea that animals and plants share a symbiosis, therefore humans should value plant life.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 07:31 AM
I read the rules and I'm pretty sure this is allowed, if I'm wrong please correct me. Anyway, I was raised catholic, then drifted toward being an atheist. In the past couple of years I've had some experiences with altered states of consciousness, using entheogenic plants, such as this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

These experiences showed me that I'm just a human and I didn't know anything really. So now I call myself agnostic, as I don't know. But there does seem to be some sort of higher level consciousness in the universe, what native Americans call the great mystery, or the Greeks called the logos. I've come to think that all religions basically come from shamanism, and that for whatever reason, somewhere along the way, they lost the main sacrements. In other words, religion was once experienced based and not faith based. Also, I would say that based on these experiences, I don't think humans don't know much of anything about consciousness, or where it comes from. As far as belief goes, I like to say that I don't believe anything, as believing in something automatically excludes you from accepting that things opposite, if new evidence emerges.

Has anyone else here had such experiences, and how did it effect what you think about the possibility of some sort of god (or something) or lack thereof?

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 08:20 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I'm just going to be myself, I'm not an average guy, that's for sure

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 07:00 PM
Inspect the profiles for simple spelling and grammar errors. Do they even take the time to write one? After a while it gets pretty easy to spot fake profiles.

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 06:57 PM
There are real ones, I can assure you.

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 06:55 PM
Yeah, I'm in nola. I actually have a job and a car as well.

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 06:45 PM

Is anyone familiar with the Gaia philosophy by james lovelock ..

he theorises that earth is one large living cell with a biologically mediated control system not dependent on consciousness but on microorganism equilibrium .

For example .. Over recent years there has been a significant Increase in algae blooms able to affect changes in the atmosphere ... He theorises this is a biological mediated response to man-made induced global warming .

Man may have consciousness but we are not exempt from biological mediated equilibrium either ... as an organism our internal Homeostasis needs to be maintained at a ph between 7.35 and 7.45. Outside of this range .. illness .. disease and death occurs .

His theory has been ridiculed as being non scientific ... But from a biological stance an interaction between earth .. the atmosphere and beyond makes sense . think think

Another bizzare theory .. Human consciousness developed from the spores of magic mushrooms .. Spores which are said to be alien and able to survive outside of earth . Animals whose diet was contaminated with spores showed improved abilities ... :banana:

Man may feel superior when it comes to consciousness and his place in nature but microorganisms have the ability to change this status and affect the equilibrium of earth in a way we could not imagine . Overpopulation could be the catalyst for such a reaction pitchfork

I'm familiar with the Gaia hopothesis, and happen to agree with it, based on personal experiences that I've had.

As far as the mushroom theory, is more popularly known as the stoned ape theory, created by terence mckenna. I won't go into detail but here's a link to a lecture he did on the topic. He was quite the orator.

http://youtu.be/z5xfjjJJ-_I

I could be totaly wrong, but
I would say that anyone can have the experiences that he talks about in the lecture, and once you do, it seems pretty plausible that the earth isn't simply a living being, but is quite aware and has it's own intentionality as well. There's intelligence there ime.

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 06:23 PM

Absolutemently. We all need to stop breathing because CO2 causes globull worming. And what we exhale is CO2 which according to all the so called climate change experts is the cause of globull worming. Yes, CO2 is what these experts call carbon. I hope they all stop breathing. And Al Bore should really stop flying around in his private jet and sell one of his many estates. But he buys and sells carbon credits through his own trading company. Hypocrite much?

Oh and yes, lets decrease the world population by increasing the number of abortions in the world. No problem killing innocents in the womb to keep the number of humans down on this planet.

And no I don't think the USA is a irresponsible about the environment. I'd say look to China which builds a coal plant a week which has no pollution controls on the coal power plants. That's why large cities in China are a haze of pollution. But then China is excused from all pollution controls by the supposed great minds of the Useless Nations (UN). It's all a farce.

Well the original post was about not cutting down so many trees, or perhaps planting them. The simple fact is, it doesn't matter one bit if al gore or anyone else lied, as in the amazon for example, the lungs of the planet are being slashed and burned for cattle pasture. And this is happening everywhere in the tropics.
The fact is, humans are pumping exponentially more carbon and other pollutants into the air (esp. China) each decade, meanwhile we destroy the woody forests which is our only hope of controlling levels of these gases. Trees breathe carbon and exhale oxygen, it's a perfect symbiosis with us humans, there's a balancing act there.

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 05:14 PM
Nice thread, I've found my people. I feel like it's important that more people have direct experiences of nature, nature can heal human beings. Society can change only when enough individuals have changed. It's all about individual experience. But I think everything unfolds as it should, the message is spreading.

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 04:56 PM
Thank you my friend

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 04:52 PM

I will never dispute a person's own experience.

I find more often than not if someone can not find what they are looking for then often they are looking in the wrong place and attracted by things that should signal you that a person has different values and behaviors than will ultimately make you very unhappy happy in the long run.

Generally people who are loyal, honest, and can maintain a long term relationship demonstrate that in their day to day lifestyle.

They have good family relationships, they stuck it out in school, they hold down a job, they pay their bills, and live with in their means. They use their brains and personality to catch you and keep you. There sexuality is reserved and the icing on the cake not the whole flavor of the minute.

Many years I have worked with younger vets and asked them what they really wanted? What would they want to come home too after the new wears off; say a year, five years, even when twenty years goes by? Did they see that in the women they were dating? I ask them are the words and actions that are falling out of that person the ones you will be able to live with? Do you even LIKE that person?

You don't pick a woman like you pick a running buddy. You don't pick a woman because she is a right now gal. And if she clearly doesn't like you the person she isn't ever going to stick around just because you help her or entertain her for the moment.

Chances are the woman that will make you happiest is someone you work with, lives in your neighborhood, and even knows the significant people in your life. She will be the one who remembers your work routines, your Momma or kids birthday, and tells you when you forget to roll the window up on your car door. It will be the little things that show she is considerate and not making you a slave to making her the center of the world. She isn't a Princess, and she might not even be picture perfect, but the words Thank You, please, may I help, and no are part of her da to day
vocabulary.

You want a woman with standards look for the standards then look at the woman and I bet money you will see plenty of "keepers".

They are certainly out in the world and even well represented her on Mingle. Good luck.

P.S. This guide is not gender specific . It applies just as well to men.

Great advice... I know there was a few years a while back all I could seem to date was men that just didn't want the same things out of life.
I took some time off the dating field and worked on me...
Because what I was projecting was what I* was attracting...

Agreed. You can never truly love another unless you truly love yourself. And if you want real love, you're gonna need to feel at peace around that person, that is, you have no need to put on an act, you can both be yourselves.

I'd say, when I first started online dating I talked to a few ladies long distance, it didn't work. How can you trust anyone? Then I started to focus on my area. If you live in a city, this is key, as all that time you've been chatting or texting, you could be out having coffee, or drinks, or hiking, or whatever you both enjoy. But I'm not saying long distance can't work. If two people have the means to travel, that could work as well, but eventually you have to be in each other's presence to know for sure.

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 04:27 PM

It's possible to win the lottery.

It's possible to get hit by a bus,
on your way to collect the lottery
winnings.

Most things are possible.
But, the real questions are;
Is it probable? Is it plausible?

Shore it's possible. The probability increases dramatically if one can land real dates, with real people, in their local area. Of course this is much easier if you live in a major city.

no photo
Mon 05/25/15 04:04 PM
Hey, I'm new here. I have a bit of experience with this on another site, but came here for the forum. I'm simply looking for an amazing woman.

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next