Community > Posts By > shanefromnola

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 11:07 PM

well maybe if more people paid to be on here... they can afford to fix things faster.... but then again it wouldn't be a free site then... would it.?...spock

I've been considering it. I think I'll pay tomorrow, it's not too much

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 11:04 PM
I enjoy dating in general. My favorite part is intellectual conversation. Intelligence turns me on quite a bit. I've met some really sharp ladies lately. I also enjoy the whole meeting at a bar and having drinks, getting lost in each other's eyes once we've drank a few and holding doors and paying for it as well. Actually the last one I went on, we hit it off and she wouldn't let me pay for it, told me to pay next time. I didnt know women pay for dates these days

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 10:51 PM

what is indecent in humans is not the fault of religion,, it would exist within any ideoloty

allegiance to a country, allegiance to an ideal or a symbol,, allegiance is the name in which people do awful things

religion can be something people feel allegiance to, but its not the root of their indecency towards one another,,,

Let me rephrase what he said, various ideologies have destroyed everything decent in humans.

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 10:47 PM

Religion is like a mothers womb that gave birth to everything spiritual in this world.And society without religion is nothing but a herd of wild beasts,that although endowed with reason,is always ready to slaughter and destroy.
I dont believe we can have an advanced civilization without notions of God,souls immortality and future life.But thats just my opinion. :smile:

I would say you have it backwards. Spirituality have birth to religion. You get religion when man molds spirituality to fit his own ego needs

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 10:41 PM

so what if you start to chat as friends and you see you really like that person.12hour drive isnt that big of a deal,,do that twice a month,,if thay are worth it,its easy to pull off,jmho

My ex and I started out in person, then she moved 500 miles away for 2 years, I drove every weekend then we moved in together. Of course gas was ~$1.00 per gallon then, it was 98-99. But I would for sure do something like drive 500 miles every two weeks for the one I love.

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 10:32 PM
The entire Middle East is crazy about conspiracy theories. They even have a name for their influence on people, it's called, "the hidden hand."

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 10:20 PM

Personally I think the match feature is a waste of time....
when I was still searching I would look through for fun....
I only exchanged mail with one woman out of so many...
most were scammers that probably clicked yes on me fishing for a bite...
I found it much more rewarding finding my match via an interesting and unique profile...

I agree. The quick match sucks. Another thing I've noticed is that mingle doesn't remove deactivated profiles from the seach results when you use the search fucnction. If they fix these small issues the rest will fall into place, mingle has a lot of potential imo, esp with this forum.

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 10:14 PM

you really like the person?

TBH, Most ( people or) most women want real dates, real men, real contact.
Myself, I would not even attempt a long distance relationship. So I wouldn't never get to the point of "really like ".... and I don't think words on a screen or a face or voice would ever be enough for me to bond with... or anything else blushing

Well let's say one or both of you has the means to travel, you see each other every couple months and the plan is to move into together at some point. This could work.
I prefer real dates myself, but if I met a woman here who I really dig, but who lived within 8 hours drive, I could swing that. As long as it's close enough that I can drive, hang out and drive back within 3 or 4 days at least for the first meeting, I think that would have a shot.

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 10:03 PM

Actually, "needing a sub" means needing a loan in the UK but I'm sure that these sandwich jokes are funny if you know what that's supposed to mean there.

But seriously, I've just drawn up a long list with the attributes that my perfect woman has to have and wiped my dirty arse with it because there is no such thing as perfect and anyone that thinks that there is is either deluded or just looking for excuses to keep serial dating and messing people around.

Yep. Having too many expectations is a recipe for disaster. Besides, sometimes we don't know what we're looking for until we find it.

And you just made me wonder how I'm ever gonna kick this addiction if I ever do find the (almost) perfect woman.

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 09:55 PM

What has always bothered me about "searching for a cure" is the amount of greed and piggybacking institutions are allowed to do supposedly helping when all they are really doing is duplicating procedures/research that has already been done to pad budgets.

What makes me furious is when I see pink ribbon products that have seriously marked up price tags but give only pennies to legit research or treatment. I would be happy if I thought that even 10% went where it was suppose to go.

What I also do not understand is how the fraudsters get little more than a cease and desist form our judicial system. When I think if the people who die because we don't cure cancer I feel like the charges should be more serious. It is bad enough my pocket is allowed to be picked but some of these online "patients" are a total fraud. Really sad is cancer treatment often bankrupts true patients and their families.

I think a lot of people say they want a cure when they are in the midst of dealing with it personally but it is amazing how fast the passion fades when the cancer crisis abates. Maybe it is just exhaustion. I know cancer is what took my Dad and other loved ones too soon but there are so many demands on my energy it is easy to get distracted.

Totally agree. I couldn't be shore what I would do unless it happened to me, but I often tell others that I wouldn't want to know if I had cancer. A couple of years ago, my aunt, who was around 70 at the time, and seemed to be in great health, was diagnosed with some sort of cancer. Within 2 months she deteriorated and passed away. My intuition tells me that had she not found out, she would have at least lived longer. I wonder what I would do, go into debt and be poisened along with the cancer, or try to live the fullest life possible in the time remaining.

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 09:11 PM
"Your intention creates your reality."

-Wayne dyer

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 09:08 PM

would women rather have a nice guy like me or be in a bad relationship being treated bad and disrespected?

A nice guy....and a good man...are two very different concepts... Think about it.

Neither men or women can be stereotyped like that anyway. There's so many variations of personalities. Everyone has a unique set of experiences that make them who they are. This used to be my problem, I thought all women were like my ex, lol. But since I started dating again, Ive found that women really fascinate me, they're all different.

True that. But the prevailing concept of what a "nice guy" is, doesn't seem to live up to what a "good man" ought to be. But like you said...each to their own. I will admit "bad boys" have their appeal, but bad treatment and disrespect are unacceptable behaviors and a big turn off -- just to address the OP.

Lmao. The whole notion of prevailing concepts is ridiculous. Just like conventional wisdom. If I had a dollar for everytime someone told me it won't work I'd be retired 10 years ago. If I've learned anything in life, it's that conventional wisdom is wrong at least 51% of the time lol

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 09:00 PM
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words the world is made up of, you can make of it what you wish."

-terence mckenna

"Nature loves courage, you make a commitment and nature responds by removing impossible obsticales."

-terence mckenna

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 08:52 PM

Haaaahaaa...nooooo not bipolar and homely. Good guy somewhere in middlehappy

That's just it mommy, that's what in the middle is. Mediocre, boring, regular, homely, not special in any way except for being bipolar. You never met anyone that was fattishly skinny, they were fat, skinny, or medium build. Same idea applies here, good guys, a-holes, and bipolar. I still haven't found that finish line yet...

Can't argue with this. But an amazing person can still be nice. In fact a bad boy or girl can be nice. Like I appear (almost) normal if you saw me on the street, but in reality I'm some sort of scientist/ philosopher/ plant junky/ hippy. I don't conform to anyone's expectations, and I generally don't have expectations of others, I think expectations are selfish. I also break the law quite often, so I'm a bad boy, but I'm nice, I treat others the way I wish to be treated. I know I can't be put into any sort of category. Anyone who can be put neatly into a box is conforming to some group or mode of thought or ideology imo. I think most can't be put into a box, when you look at them closely

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 08:41 PM
No problem. Anything original and creative is always refreshing

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:51 PM
Love it

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:44 PM
So I'd i understand correctly, and I'm pretty sure I do, in reality it's the sub who's really in control

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:42 PM

would women rather have a nice guy like me or be in a bad relationship being treated bad and disrespected?

A nice guy....and a good man...are two very different concepts... Think about it.

Neither men or women can be stereotyped like that anyway. There's so many variations of personalities. Everyone has a unique set of experiences that make them who they are. This used to be my problem, I thought all women were like my ex, lol. But since I started dating again, Ive found that women really fascinate me, they're all different.

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:37 PM
It wasn't for me, but we're still friends, maybe I can ask her for advise for you

no photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:35 PM

rofl

I only ask because this girl I was talking to schooled me pretty good. I wish I could copy and paste her texts, but I won't do that. But one thing she told me was this, "say you hate when I roll my eyes at you, then we're at a party, and I roll my eyes, you might whisper in my ear that you're going to punish me when we get home, then you have to follow through, you can't let me get away with it, I'll laugh at you." Lol. So even though she may be her own person, and not bow down in public, the whole time, 24/7 I have to make shore she's not breaking the rules, and punish her if she does. So I asked her, "do you ever break the rules on purpose?" She said, "of course I do."

And all this was non-negotiable btw