Community > Posts By > buttercrisp

no photo
Sat 12/25/10 10:47 AM
1) Right click the Vista Desktop
2) Click on Personalize
3) Select: 'Change desktop icons'
4) At the Desktop Icon Settings, place a tick next to: 'Recycle Bin'.

Problem solved!:)

no photo
Sat 12/25/10 09:48 AM
I'm not sure if that's it, I need to permanently delete the files sent to the recycle bin or they won't be scheduled for overwriting.. it has to be in there somewhere but there are so many folders I'm not really sure where to find it. I'm checkin' out the site right now.

no photo
Sat 12/25/10 09:23 AM
Lol, well I really wish that it would but it stopped working about six months ago.. it just starts up, tells me everything's a go, and then stops before restoring anything!!! I'm not too sure about what's going on in there but I can still send things to the recycle bin, I just can't permanently delete them :(

no photo
Sat 12/25/10 09:06 AM
I deleted my recycle bin icon in a hasty move and now I can't seem to figure out how to get it back! Any good ideas?

no photo
Thu 12/23/10 12:39 PM
If the drinking and driving laws were there to make the roads safer they'd be inforced by people watching the bars and checking people leaving the parking lots. A statistic that I read says that for every accident caused by alchohol there are 1.4million miles driven under the influence.(I'm not sure where they came up with that but at 20000 per year that's every day for seventy years) The law's there to take your money, if you have enough you won't get charged.. but on the lighter side I also read a statistic that says that you're more likely to get hurt drinking and walking, so for heavens sake be carefull!

no photo
Sun 11/07/10 02:27 PM

So you don't want any kind of relationship, just sex as it's obviously available to you at any time, and then your life can continue on leaving anyone who cares about you behind... how shallow.
(just the kind I'd expect to find online, sad but true)

wow just the kind of insensitive crap I would expect on a lesser forum filled with pre teen boys. You are wrong. I wont bother to prove you wrong because that would take to much time and effort and I have a feeling it would be wasted on you.
The weirdest thing is that you are not a woman. Who would have thunk a man would think getting laid and moving on would be shallow. LOL!

Well if I am wrong it wouldn't take much time or effort to point out the obvious. I'm not sure I understand what being a man or woman has to do with it except that if a man posted the same thread he'd get roasted. It's not at all shallow to move on when you know a certain situation is not for you and is going nowhere, but in my opinion you have to be a little shallow and self centered to move on beforehand... you don't have to agree.

To be honest after reading that I think you got a different conclusion out of what I posted than what I had meant to portray. I am not in a relationship therefore I am not leaving anyone or in fact "moving on" at all. I just feel that due to my own personal experiences that due to a combination of my own strong personality and life in general that a life long relationship is out of the question for me. I don't personally enjoy random sex but I have found happiness in a FWB. I don't think that me taking an honest look at myself and my experiences, and then making a life change to suit myself for success is selfish or shallow. Oh and BTW I cant just get laid anytime I want. I am a certified nerd, I spend all my free time AND my work time online. I spend my weekends on forums debating politics or just searching random topics online like Arabian horses, orca whales and pit bulls...oh and lets not forget my favorite the Yellowstone super volcano. LOL I am shy and closed off so don't assume that just because I take good pictures in my boredom that I have men lined up.

Lol, ok that's fair. I was under the impression that you were simply dtf(down to f, that's what they call it these days), and nothing else. I'm finding myself annoyed by that when I go out and actually find someone I want to get to know it's really not an option, even if the sex is really good and she still doesn't want to know anything about me.. for whatever reason..(probably because she doesn't know me..) I've met alot of crazy ones in my day and at some point, they get pissed at you. You don't know why or even that they're mad, but once they decide that things are over they'll use the relationship to f you over as hard as possible. Basically the more you like them the more it hurts so I've personally dealt with the idea that maybe it's better not to like them at all, and that's taken me down a road so to speak. I just didn't like what I found there and I don't think you would either. Actually in my opinion a fwb situation is a relationship of sorts.

no photo
Sun 11/07/10 11:03 AM

So you don't want any kind of relationship, just sex as it's obviously available to you at any time, and then your life can continue on leaving anyone who cares about you behind... how shallow.

wow just the kind of insensitive crap I would expect on a lesser forum filled with pre teen boys. You are wrong. I wont bother to prove you wrong because that would take to much time and effort and I have a feeling it would be wasted on you.
The weirdest thing is that you are not a woman. Who would have thunk a man would think getting laid and moving on would be shallow. LOL!

Well if I am wrong it wouldn't take much time or effort to point out the obvious. I'm not sure I understand what being a man or woman has to do with it except that if a man posted the same thread he'd get roasted. It's not at all shallow to move on when you know a certain situation is not for you and is going nowhere, but in my opinion you have to be a little shallow and self centered to move on beforehand... you don't have to agree.

no photo
Sun 11/07/10 06:27 AM

no photo
Fri 11/05/10 04:30 PM
Edited by buttercrisp on Fri 11/05/10 04:30 PM
OMG, he didn't really read your profile!!!(I hates that!) I really like the blurb you wrote on yourself but I'd also like to point out that by stating that you're looking for friends first you may confuse some women about your intentions.(but aren't they already confused?lol...) I think you may be seeing it in the glass is half full sense which is totally cool but I also think that many women may get a different impression, maybe that you don't already have friends or that's not what they're looking for = you're incompatible or whatever.. anyways I'd change the wording a bit, maybe something like "I yearn to find that special someone who ignites a spark inside me, but I'm ok too with making new friends."

no photo
Fri 11/05/10 04:15 PM
I give you a six,(not bad) but only because you aspire to be an english teacher, they rock!(but you might want to look over your last two sentences)

no photo
Wed 11/03/10 04:49 PM
Once you go white, you're never quite right!:)

no photo
Wed 11/03/10 04:30 PM
Well sure honey, it's all the rave! You should try it.

no photo
Wed 11/03/10 04:22 PM
While toasters are definitely more dangerous, I'm pretty sure sharks eat toasters... sharks win!

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 09:04 AM
It seems as if your man is a little shy about making the first move. It's also possible that by asking you if you 'needed' him to walk you to the door he was trying to feel out the vibes as to whether or not you 'needed' a goodnight kiss. This is pretty much the make it or break it part of the date(determining attraction) and with many guys will determine the likelihood of possible second dates. But what if your man doesn't have the balls to kiss you? Ask yourself if you're really interested in this guy as a bf or are you just stringing him along?(we both know you already know he's interested) If you are still interested in him despite the possibility that he's already been neutered then I reccomend making the first move yourself, call him up right now to tell him what a good time you both had on your date and plan another one, then when he picks you up or when you meet just take his hands in yours and lean in and kiss him, it's as simple as that.(this will tell him in man talk that you like him and that it's ok for him to like you back)
Of course you might just decide that you don't like him romantically and continue to let him open doors for you and pay for your dates together, it's always nice to have a doormat to wipe your feet on whenever it's convenient. And he'll always be there for you when you break up with your real bf's. The choice is yours!

no photo
Sun 10/24/10 08:29 AM
Be direct, guys like that.

no photo
Mon 10/18/10 06:53 PM
"That We Ought Not to Spend Our Feelings on Things Beyond Our Power"

"If a thing goes against another's nature, you must not take it as evil for you. For you are not born to share humiliation or evil fortune but to share good fortune. Prove yourself affectionate, but see that you observe this rule: If this affection of yours or whatever you call it is going to make you a miserable slave, it is not for your good to be affectionate. We ought not to let anyone make us miserable, but let everyone make us happy."
happy

no photo
Tue 10/12/10 03:39 PM
That's a very common thing to happen when meeting people off of the net for the first time. I reccomend keeping first dates simple for that very reason, and don't judge people just off of their online info, if you haven't yet met him in person then you can't truly know if your ideas about him are true.

no photo
Tue 10/12/10 03:20 PM
I'd add more content about the woman you're looking for and about your relationship goals. This will help you not only get more dates but will also tell the women you want to meet a little about what's motivating you in this area. Alot of people say more pics will help too, try one with you on top of a waterfall or something of a dramatic nature.:)

no photo
Fri 01/08/10 06:10 AM
Yup, been there/done that one! Lets be friends is womanese for f-off, not the best way to get the point across but it does burn which is the whole point... ooo, anybody got any burn ointment?

no photo
Wed 12/16/09 04:58 PM
Don't worry Nate, I've talked to lots and it's not all it's cracked up to be. I find most that I've chatted with don't really have all that much to say.. or worse!~

Previous 1