Good Night

prashant01's photo
Tue 10/27/15 11:50 AM
Top Up Voucher

prashant01's photo
Tue 10/27/15 11:23 AM

scared I know... !

The cans pop and the bottles break !

(All Things In Moderation Is The Message Here)

laugh So you won...!!

prashant01's photo
Tue 10/27/15 11:21 AM
Life sucks?

prashant01's photo
Tue 10/27/15 11:19 AM

I guess I'm just saying that the facts can have/be both independent and dependant variables, I guess.

Sorry...never given a thought to it.think

prashant01's photo
Tue 10/27/15 11:07 AM

I mentioned [TRUTH = FACT - PERCEPTION ERROR] then well...let me clear that it doesn't mean that FACT is a variable. We can also put it like TRUTH = K - PERCEPTION ERROR

Perception is understanding. If you completely understand something you know everything that can be known about it. Until you know everything about everything you cannot know any fact.

REALITY = FACT - CHAOS

CHAOS being the random interaction of reality over time.

When everything is known about everything Chaos will no longer be Chaos. Chaos will be fact.
For Chaos to be fact, every interaction of every possible outcome must be known. Not only that but every POSSIBLE interaction must also be known. Then, to really complicate everything, Every IMPOSSIBLE interaction must also be known.
Until Chaos becomes Fact, Truth and Fact cannot be known. Thus:

REALITY = FACT - CHAOS

Well...

if
REALITY = FACT- CHAOS

andif

"When everything is known about everything Chaos will no longer be Chaos. Chaos will be fact."

So,
IF everything is known about everything
Then CHAOS = FACT

Hence REALITY = FACT - FACT = 0 ?

Meaning reality doesn't exists??

Sorry....I'm not inclined to
REALITY = FACT- CHAOS

IMO

FACT = REALITY

prashant01's photo
Tue 10/27/15 10:49 AM

[ Regarding Comment Before Last ]

Independent and dependant variables ?

Better,be more explicit.

prashant01's photo
Tue 10/27/15 10:44 AM

prashant01,
I understand what you are stating. Thank you for participating.

If an asteroid is in space near Jupiter that asteroid is reality.
If nobody on Earth knows of it's existence it cannot be labeled as a fact. It cannot be considered a truth until it is discovered. Until it is discovered it remains a reality but not a fact.

If you search back on the internet you can find many representations of facts that were inaccurate according to reality.

Fact: Light travels 186,000 miles per second.
Truth: The Speed of Light has been measured.
Reality: Light travels at a multitude of speeds depending upon the medium it is progressing through.
Assumption/Theory: Nothing in the Universe can go faster than the speed of light.
The assumption cannot be proven as fact until all things in reality have been measured. Until then, the unknown prohibits the statement's truth as a fact.
Fact: Neutrinos emmited from an exploding supernova have been detected to surpass the speed of photons.
That fact soes not change the fact that light travels at a determined speed. It does challenge the assumption that light is the fastest thing in the Universe.
Fact: Quantum teleportation exceeds the speed of light

50 years ago we had no idea quantum teleportation was possible. Scientists have accomplished this act in reality. Quantum teleportation is a fact, a truth and a reality.

Facts are assessments and values used to define reality as we understand it.
Truths are our attempt to make sense of reality as we see it.
Reality is reality whether we see or understand it or not.

Reality gets in the way of religion but can be embraced in God (or whatever you wish to call it).

Truth is not absolute
Facts are not absolute
Reality is absolute.
Reality never changes, only our understanding of it does.

Thanks to you too and sorry I'm not agreed to consider FACT anyway different from REALITY.

IMO Fact = Reality
and
FACT is absolute
and
FACT(REALITY) is variable ...it changes.

The only thing constant in the universe is the change.

In asteroid's example
Until it is discovered it remains a reality but not a fact.

It remains fact (reality) irrespective of it's discovery by any species.

As I said earlier...FACT is state of the matter ...as the state of matter too keeps on changing Fact / Reality too changes over period of time.

In your light travel example ....

Reality: Light travels at a multitude of speeds depending upon the medium it is progressing through. ( Speed may change over period of time considering the decay & deterioration of the light source itself)

Reality changes.
Change is real.

prashant01's photo
Tue 10/27/15 10:25 AM

[ Regarding Comment Before Last ]

In-short, Your use of the word 'fact' is that it is a controlled variable ?

lol, i was wondering that myself...

"Fact is not synonym of truth." when is a fact not true?

A Fact is always true but a truth is not exact description of fact...it always includes perception error....though difficult to understand,both are distinct.

I don't know...which of my statement made you think that my use of word fact is like a controlled variable....but it's TRUE that FACT is a variable. FACT isn't constant...it changes... (The only thing constant in the universe is the change)

If you thought as above due to the formula laugh I mentioned [TRUTH = FACT - PERCEPTION ERROR] then well...let me clear that it doesn't mean that FACT is a variable. We can also put it like TRUTH = K - PERCEPTION ERROR (Where K is the FACTorial:wink: constant.)

prashant01's photo
Tue 10/27/15 09:41 AM

I mean...

Truth is purely subjective....it isn't absolute like you described MS.

As truth is just a belief...your statements

"A truth is a truth no matter who believes it"

and

"some can believe something , but that doesn't make it truth"

doesn't stand valid.

what you speak of is PERCEPTION, that is subjective

truth is not,,,

I believe there are aliens, that doesn't mean it is true, it may be proven true someday, and someday it may not,,,but if it IS true, it will be true,, period,,,,,

a belief can be true or untrue, most people function from a place where they cant believe without an assumption of truth, but they can be wrong and find out their 'belief' was untrue,,,

Truth is derivative of perception & beliefs....FACT isn't

Being derived from perception and beliefs truth is always SUBJECTIVE whereas fact is purely objective.

Fact is not synonym of truth.

Truth is an attempt to describe fact..& it always include perception error. [TRUTH = FACT - PERCEPTION ERROR]

In broad sense,Fact is underlying state of matter.

If aliens do really exist then it's a FACT....It's a FACT even if they don't exist.

You believe that aliens exists may be true or may be untrue too ( Your belief)......it depends on your integrity.

Your statement that 'aliens exists' is derivation of your beliefs & your perception.....it can be a TRUTH; provided( That's how TRUTH is PURELY SUBJECTIVE) some one some day proves it's proximity to underlying state of matter ( that is FACT)

What you are saying about distant working people is too untrue as it's not the assumption of truth but is the assumption based upon underlying FACTS(readily proven)....it can't be true or false, it can be right or wrong.

prashant01's photo
Mon 10/26/15 01:53 PM
Sovereign

prashant01's photo
Mon 10/26/15 12:41 PM

flowerforyou Welcomeflowerforyou I suggest you put some clothes onflowerforyou good luckflowerforyou

Why are those needed?:wink: laugh

prashant01's photo
Mon 10/26/15 12:19 PM
I mean...

Truth is purely subjective....it isn't absolute like you described MS.

As truth is just a belief...your statements

"A truth is a truth no matter who believes it"

and

"some can believe something , but that doesn't make it truth"

doesn't stand valid.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25