Community > Posts By > voileazur

no photo
Mon 03/08/10 04:28 PM
Edited by voileazur on Mon 03/08/10 04:37 PM

everyone is entitled to their opinion, again, acting on words is different than speaking them. Penn seems to have some violence/anger issues clearly, although I dont completely disagree with him regarding the way we, as a country, tend to buy into popular labels like 'dictator' and 'terrorist'

If Chavez wasn't a dictator then I wouldn't call him one, just the same if Mockmood ockmadiderod wasn't a terrorist dictator I wouldn't call him one either. But you are right, Penn has the right to say what he want's.

'Mockmood ockmadiderod' !!! ... a terrorist dictator!!!

WHO the heck is MOCKMOOD OCKMADIDEROD ???

Never heard of MOCKMOOD OCKMADIDEROD. Could you please enlighten me?

Especially if that person is a 'terorist dictator', I sort feel silly not knowing who this dangerous person is!!!

And something else that has been on my mind: when you say '... If Chavez wasn't a dictator then I wouldn't call him one...'.
Well, I can't seem to be able to make my mind up about the man.

I know it would simpler to go with 'Fox, and settle the case once and for all, but it just feel too sleazy to me. I mean easy!!!

The US really seems not to like this guy Chavez. And I know he has different views on different things, but I would appreciate, since you have done your homework, if you could share some independent opinions on 'Chavez' which helped you come to the conclusion you have.

Thanks.

P.S.: By the way 'boredinaz06', in your opinion, would Greg Palast be a good independent source of information for such matters?

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 02:42 PM
Edited by voileazur on Sun 03/07/10 02:51 PM

Facts really DO bother you, don't they ... ?

MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS, WHICH I AM ENTITLED TO....THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR ACKNOWLEDGING MY ENTITLEMENT (ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC.)flowerforyou ...........

The true facts, reliable sources, bother them all ......... LOL ...... and, it is amazing that they still want to blame President George W. Bush and his supporters for everything imaginable.

Does it not make one wonder when they shall come about to living in reality?

Does it not make one wonder how they can manipulate the facts to their own liking?

Does not everything about them and their agenda make you wonder?

AGAIN, THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR AGREEMENT THAT I AM ENTITLED TO MY OBSERVATIONS......flowerforyou

Congratulations on having 'voiced' your opinion Lady 'lindyy' !!!
'... ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC...'

Now, my turn!!!

You wrote of '... the true facts and reliable sources',
... and yet, you have only posted erroneous and false statements throughout this thread, without any sources, ... never mind reliable ones!!!

Yet, you swing back with more general statements, all of them false, based on nothing, as your basis to counter argue facts and figures, diligently posted to rectify your false statements and errors.

Of course you have '... ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC...' to voice all generalities you wish, but 'generalities' will allows lose when confronted to facts.

Instead of doing some research and counter arguing with facts, your next move inexplicably fell on posting these priceless 3 lines of personal 'observations':

« Does it not make one wonder when they shall come about to living in reality? »

« Does it not make one wonder how they can manipulate the facts to their own liking? »

« Does not everything about them and their agenda make you wonder? »

My observation on those observations is:

PURE PROJECTION!!! Mirrors right back at your series of general observations, false statements, and persistence in providing no supporting sources for your 'observations'

Look 'projection' up!!! I feel confident we will both agree on this observation at the very least.

PROVE PROVE PROVE THAT WHAT I HAVE POSTED "You wrote of '... the true facts and reliable sources',
... and yet, you have only posted erroneous and false statements throughout this thread, without any sources, ... never mind reliable ones!!!
COME ON MR. V.............PROVE WHAT I HAVE POSTED IS WHAT YOU CLAIM ERRONEOUS AND FALSE.............LET US SEE YOU DO IT.

I have done it. Maybe you missed it. Simply review the thread a few posts back and read attentively.

P.S. WHERE ARE YOUR PROOFS OF FACT?????????????????????

I posted the links. Again maybe you missed it. Back step through the threads a little. It's quite simple.

YOU NEVER SEEM TO COME UP WITH ANY....WE JUST ARE TO TAKE YOUR WORD AS THE GOSPEL TRUTH.....

MAY I REMIND YOU THAT ANYONE ON THIS EARTH CAN MAKE UP, FABRICATE ANYTHING............SO THEREFORE, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR PROOF..........

You should be ashamed of making such false accusations, when the very accusations you make all apply to you Lady 'lindyy'.
You haven't provided any back-up information whatsoever for any of your FALSE CLAIMS, just self-serving opinions and observations.

You have no legitimacy in 'requesting' any such information of others when you yourself only toss around false information and made-up stuff.

In my case, I did provide links, WHICH IS A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN YOU HAVE EVER DONE, and, I shared my 'google secret' with you, such that you could verify everything your little heart desired.
flowerforyou

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.......KINDLY SO......flowerforyou

Again, I urge you to look up 'projecting'!!! I feel very confident we will agree that it sums up your style perfectly. flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 12:39 PM
Edited by voileazur on Sun 03/07/10 12:43 PM

THE CURRENT SITUATION.

All economic indicators pointed in the direction of an imminent TRAIN WRECK, as BUSH jumped off the train in January 2010.

Since then, THE BUSH TRAIN WRECK WAS AVOIDED, as all economic indicators are up!!!

GDP is out of recession,

NET JOBLOSSES under BUSH, have turned into JOB GAINS under OBAMA,

Stock Markets are back in the green,

Debt and deficit have stopped their staggering rises.

AND,

... The nightmarish 'deficit' status (tens of trillions) of the Medicaid and Medicare programs, as 'Babyboomers' getting holders start massively hitting those very programs, is finally being COURAGEOUSLY addressed BY the current administration, IN SPITE OF A FOE'S PERSISTENT DENIAL VIRUS !!!

FACTS, for those whom favors those over delusional fiction, suggest that the train wreck was avoided.

Now, REPAIRNG THE DARN TRAIN AND GETTING IT BACK ON TRACK is going to require the USA putting its childish partisan games aside and COMING TOGETHER, as it as shown possible in the past.

President Obama IS the current administrator in chief. For those whom must, PINCH YOUR NOSE, drop your petty partisan quarrels, and HELP THE RECOVERY PROCESS.

You'll always have the option of picking-up your biases as soon as the 'CURRENT SITUATION IS FULLY FIXED'!!!

Mr.V., I am extremely interested in why you are so intent on blaming President George W. Bush for everything imaginable under the sun.....and applauding to the greatest lengths of the earth possible the current acting president and administration.

I do find intrigue in your intense interest in U.S.A. politics, economy, religion, etc.

WHY, you never said the same as you have stated above, for President George W. Bush, since you CLAIM to be sooooooooooo 'fair and balanced' and since you project yourself to be a bipartisian individual, WHY, again, did you NOT render to we citizens of the USA the SAME ADVICE THAT YOU ARE NOW FLINGING OUT TO THOSE WHO OPPOSE THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION, TO ALL OF US HERE IN THE USA WHEN PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH WAS IN OFFICE?

Perhaps you are hiding behind a FACADE and your truly are NOT so open minded, bipartisian and fair and balanced as you ATTEMPT to project yourself as being. JUST AN OBSERVATION FROM WHAT I HAVE DERIVED FROM YOUR POSTINGS.

I mean, you have emitted very unkindly and derogatory and judgmental words and opinions to those of us here in the USA who OPPOSE this current administration, AND I, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, CANNOT, TRY AS I MAY, COMPREHEND YOUR TRUE MOTIVATION FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS POSTED HEREIN.......

AND A QUESTION OF EXTREME, AND I DO MEAN EXTREME CURIOSITY, DO YOU GET INVOLVED IN THE POLITICS AND ECONOMY OF THE COUNTRY THAT YOU ACTUALLY RESIDE IN, THE WAY YOU DO IN MY COUNTRY'S POLITICS AND ECONOMY?

QUITE FRANKLY, I AM NOT OF THE LEAST CONCERN OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND THEIR POLICIES.....THE POLITICS OF MY OWN COUNTRY IS WHAT I DESIRE TO IMPROVE AND PARTAKE IN......THAT ALONE IS MORE THAN WHAT ONE CAN HANDLE, LET ALONE TRYING TO TACKLE POLICIES AND ECONOMY OF ANOTHER COUNTRY ..........

SO, AGAIN, WHY THE INTENSITY OF OF INTEREST IN THE USA, AND DO YOU HAVE THE SAME INTENSITY OF INTEREST IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, AND IF NOT, WHY NOT?

OH, BEFORE PEOPLE START SCREAMING IN YOUR DEFENSE, I AM MERELY ASKING WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY....AND, MUCH TO THE DISMAY OF YOU AND OTHERS, I AM ENTITLED TO ENQUIRE OF THIS...

I AM ENTITLED.........RIGHT? RIGHT......flowerforyou

Oh, one last remark, if I may........your facts above are so inacurrate, ridiculous, assinine, and seems to self-created.....as I can find no evidence of the proof and accuracy of your allegations/fact......therefore I ask that you PLEASE PROVIDE THE CURRENT AND CORRECT DATA AND DIRECT SOURCE OF WHERE YOU GOT THIS INFORMATION. OR DID YOU PLAY MAGICIAN AND PULL YOUR REMARKS OUT OF A LITTLE BLACK HAT?

I HAVE NEVER READ SUCH BIZARRE REMARKS AS THOSE YOU MADE ABOVE.....TRULY RIDICULOUS, IN MY OPINION, AND MAY I REMIND YOU EVER SO KINDLY, THAT I AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION, AND LIVING IN A COUNTRY WHICH PROVIDES FREEDOM OF SPEECH THROUGH THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUION, I AM ALLOWED TO SPEAK MY FREEDOM FREELY AND WITH NO BLOCKAGE OR HINDERANCE OR DENIAL OF SAME FROM ANYONE. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH.......flowerforyou

IT IS ONLY PROPER AND FAIR TO PROVIDE CORRECT INFORMATION ........ YOUR OPINION IS JUST THAT, YOUR OPINION AND YOUR ARE ENTITLED TO IT.flowerforyou

BUT I DO ASK THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM SUCH NEGATIVE REMARKS TOWARDS THOSE OF THE USA WHO ARE IN OPPOSITE OPINION OF YOURS........

I MEAN, I COULD START ON YOUR COUNTRY...........SHALL I START A POST ON YOUR COUNTRY AND EMIT THE SAME NEGATIVENESS AND DISTAIN THAT YOU HAVE PROJECTED TOWARD MY COUNTRY?

THANK YOU EVER SO KINDLY FOR YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER.flowers

Dear Lady 'lindyy',

WOW!!! What an ocean of observations!!! I wish I could address it all for your sake, thinking of the time and effort you spent writing it all up!!!

Unfortunately, I make every effort to respect the rules of this forum, and since all your comments are general, 'off-topic', and most 'personal' in nature, I must decline your 'subtle' invite.

P.S.: with respect to your false accusation (again), regarding the apparent difficulty you have had in reconciling the FACTS AND FIGURES I posted, I have a special tool I use, I will share it with YOU, it's called 'GOOGLE'!!! Use it!!! You'll find it amazing, and you'll thank me for it I'm sure.
BUT PLEASE, LET'S KEEP THIS A SECRET BETWEEN US!!!

P.S.2: I find it so ironic that you Lady 'lindyy', never providing ANY facts, much less 'reliable sources', would so preciously insist on such when it comes to others. Remarkable.

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 12:29 PM

I will not attempt to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man ...

Yes of course: generalities, posturing, baiting, insults, we've covered your introduction and are clear about your style 'kings_knight'.

Now, anything pertaining to the topic of this thread???

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 12:23 PM

THE CURRENT SITUATION.

All economic indicators pointed in the direction of an imminent TRAIN WRECK, as BUSH jumped off the train in January 2010.

Since then, THE BUSH TRAIN WRECK WAS AVOIDED, as all economic indicators are up!!!

GDP is out of recession,

AND,

... The nightmarish 'deficit' status (tens of trillions) of the Medicaid and Medicare programs, as 'Babyboomers' getting holders start massively hitting those very programs, is finally being COURAGEOUSLY addressed BY the current administration, IN SPITE OF A FOE'S PERSISTENT DENIAL VIRUS !!!

FACTS, for those whom favors those over delusional fiction, suggest that the train wreck was avoided.

Now, REPAIRNG THE DARN TRAIN AND GETTING IT BACK ON TRACK is going to require the USA putting its childish partisan games aside and COMING TOGETHER, as it as shown possible in the past.

President Obama IS the current administrator in chief. For those whom must, PINCH YOUR NOSE, drop your petty partisan quarrels, and HELP THE RECOVERY PROCESS.

You'll always have the option of picking-up your biases as soon as the 'CURRENT SITUATION IS FULLY FIXED'!!!

Mr.V., I am extremely interested in why you are so intent on blaming President George W. Bush for everything imaginable under the sun.....and applauding to the greatest lengths of the earth possible the current acting president and administration.

I do find intrigue in your intense interest in U.S.A. politics, economy, religion, etc.

WHY, you never said the same as you have stated above, for President George W. Bush, since you CLAIM to be sooooooooooo 'fair and balanced' and since you project yourself to be a bipartisian individual, WHY, again, did you NOT render to we citizens of the USA the SAME ADVICE THAT YOU ARE NOW FLINGING OUT TO THOSE WHO OPPOSE THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION, TO ALL OF US HERE IN THE USA WHEN PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH WAS IN OFFICE?

Perhaps you are hiding behind a FACADE and your truly are NOT so open minded, bipartisian and fair and balanced as you ATTEMPT to project yourself as being. JUST AN OBSERVATION FROM WHAT I HAVE DERIVED FROM YOUR POSTINGS.

I mean, you have emitted very unkindly and derogatory and judgmental words and opinions to those of us here in the USA who OPPOSE this current administration, AND I, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, CANNOT, TRY AS I MAY, COMPREHEND YOUR TRUE MOTIVATION FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS POSTED HEREIN.......

AND A QUESTION OF EXTREME, AND I DO MEAN EXTREME CURIOSITY, DO YOU GET INVOLVED IN THE POLITICS AND ECONOMY OF THE COUNTRY THAT YOU ACTUALLY RESIDE IN, THE WAY YOU DO IN MY COUNTRY'S POLITICS AND ECONOMY?

QUITE FRANKLY, I AM NOT OF THE LEAST CONCERN OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND THEIR POLICIES.....THE POLITICS OF MY OWN COUNTRY IS WHAT I DESIRE TO IMPROVE AND PARTAKE IN......THAT ALONE IS MORE THAN WHAT ONE CAN HANDLE, LET ALONE TRYING TO TACKLE POLICIES AND ECONOMY OF ANOTHER COUNTRY ..........

SO, AGAIN, WHY THE INTENSITY OF OF INTEREST IN THE USA, AND DO YOU HAVE THE SAME INTENSITY OF INTEREST IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, AND IF NOT, WHY NOT?

OH, BEFORE PEOPLE START SCREAMING IN YOUR DEFENSE, I AM MERELY ASKING WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY....AND, MUCH TO THE DISMAY OF YOU AND OTHERS, I AM ENTITLED TO ENQUIRE OF THIS...

I AM ENTITLED.........RIGHT? RIGHT......flowerforyou

Oh, one last remark, if I may........your facts above are so inacurrate, ridiculous, assinine, and seems to self-created.....as I can find no evidence of the proof and accuracy of your allegations/fact......therefore I ask that you PLEASE PROVIDE THE CURRENT AND CORRECT DATA AND DIRECT SOURCE OF WHERE YOU GOT THIS INFORMATION. OR DID YOU PLAY MAGICIAN AND PULL YOUR REMARKS OUT OF A LITTLE BLACK HAT?

I HAVE NEVER READ SUCH BIZARRE REMARKS AS THOSE YOU MADE ABOVE.....TRULY RIDICULOUS, IN MY OPINION, AND MAY I REMIND YOU EVER SO KINDLY, THAT I AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION, AND LIVING IN A COUNTRY WHICH PROVIDES FREEDOM OF SPEECH THROUGH THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUION, I AM ALLOWED TO SPEAK MY FREEDOM FREELY AND WITH NO BLOCKAGE OR HINDERANCE OR DENIAL OF SAME FROM ANYONE. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH.......flowerforyou

IT IS ONLY PROPER AND FAIR TO PROVIDE CORRECT INFORMATION ........ YOUR OPINION IS JUST THAT, YOUR OPINION AND YOUR ARE ENTITLED TO IT.flowerforyou

BUT I DO ASK THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM SUCH NEGATIVE REMARKS TOWARDS THOSE OF THE USA WHO ARE IN OPPOSITE OPINION OF YOURS........

I MEAN, I COULD START ON YOUR COUNTRY...........SHALL I START A POST ON YOUR COUNTRY AND EMIT THE SAME NEGATIVENESS AND DISTAIN THAT YOU HAVE PROJECTED TOWARD MY COUNTRY?

THANK YOU EVER SO KINDLY FOR YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER.flowers

Dear Lady 'lindyy',

WOW!!! What an ocean of observations!!! I wish I could address it all for your sake, thinking of the time and effort you spent writing it all up!!!

Unfortunately, I make every effort to respect the rules of this forum, and since all your comments are general, 'off-topics' and most 'personal' in nature, I must decline your 'subtle' invite.

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 12:15 PM

THE CURRENT SITUATION.

GDP is out of recession,

AND,

It's refreshing to see that the Left still utilizes the 'Winston Smith Memorial Memory Hole' trick to cover for the shortcomings of 'The ONE' and his sacrificial minions ... Malignant narcissists are SO cute until they stop letting you think they actually like you, aren't they ... ?

'kings-knight',

Now that you have introduced yourself, do you actually have something to say!?!?!?

Night-night 'kings-knight'.

Follow the bouncing ball, grasshoppah ... I will impart wisdom to your parched mind ...

Yes I understand, but do you have something to say that is on topic and factual!?!?!?

I mean other than generalities and off-topic posturing!?!?!?

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 12:11 PM

Oh dear ... you're gonna be SO disappointed when I don't rise to your bait ... I always defer to those more self-important than I ...

MY BAIT ?!?!?!

You truly are a funny guy 'kings_knight'.

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 12:02 PM

'Balance' is irrelevant. 'Rationality' is relevant. I consider a person 'rational' when they can describe those circumstances in which they are willing to change their belief system.

Alrighty then 'kings_knight'.

You go first!!!

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 12:00 PM

Facts really DO bother you, don't they ... ?

MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS, WHICH I AM ENTITLED TO....THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR ACKNOWLEDGING MY ENTITLEMENT (ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC.)flowerforyou ...........

The true facts, reliable sources, bother them all ......... LOL ...... and, it is amazing that they still want to blame President George W. Bush and his supporters for everything imaginable.

Does it not make one wonder when they shall come about to living in reality?

Does it not make one wonder how they can manipulate the facts to their own liking?

Does not everything about them and their agenda make you wonder?

AGAIN, THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR AGREEMENT THAT I AM ENTITLED TO MY OBSERVATIONS......flowerforyou

Congratulations on having 'voiced' your opinion Lady 'lindyy' !!!
'... ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC...'

Now, my turn!!!

You wrote of '... the true facts and reliable sources',

Yet, you swing back with more general statements, all of them false, based on nothing, as your basis to counter argue facts and figures, diligently posted to rectify your false statements and errors.

Of course you have '... ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC...' to voice all generalities you wish, but 'generalities' will allows lose when confronted to facts.

Instead of doing some research and counter arguing with facts, your next move inexplicably fell on posting these priceless 3 lines of personal 'observations':

« Does it not make one wonder when they shall come about to living in reality? »

« Does it not make one wonder how they can manipulate the facts to their own liking? »

« Does not everything about them and their agenda make you wonder? »

My observation on those observations is:

PURE PROJECTION!!! Mirrors right back at your series of general observations, false statements, and persistence in providing no supporting sources for your 'observations'

Look 'projection' up!!! I feel confident we will both agree on this observation at the very least.

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 10:58 AM

THE CURRENT SITUATION.

GDP is out of recession,

AND,

It's refreshing to see that the Left still utilizes the 'Winston Smith Memorial Memory Hole' trick to cover for the shortcomings of 'The ONE' and his sacrificial minions ... Malignant narcissists are SO cute until they stop letting you think they actually like you, aren't they ... ?

'kings-knight',

Now that you have introduced yourself, do you actually have something to say!?!?!?

Night-night 'kings-knight'.

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 10:24 AM
THE CURRENT SITUATION.

GDP is out of recession,

AND,

no photo
Sun 03/07/10 09:09 AM
Edited by voileazur on Sun 03/07/10 09:29 AM

George bush may have spent a lot of money but I felt like what he was spending it on made sense and would be doing something good for America.We never had these huge job losses,record high foreclosures,and a general sense of hopeless and depression.I think although George bush may have not been popular I felt like the general public did not think he was a man that was interested in destroying America from the ground up like Obama has been doing.

13 months is a long time to get something done.I follow politics pretty close and I am scratching my head to figure out what Obama has done in that time.I know he has spent a tremendous amount of time on this health care bill which the general population largely ignores and could care less about.I know he spent a lot of time and money to give terrorist the same rights Americans have.

I honestly believe if George bush had a third term this county would not be in the mess it is now.

'thomas',

You write: «... I follow politics pretty close and I am scratching my head to figure out what Obama has done in that time...».

Well, maybe you should take a step back!!!
It might allow you to put things in focus, and notice that what you have been imagining as the 'Bush'-light at the end of the tunnel, was nothing other than an out of control 'mad train' destroying everything in its tracks!!!

Let me try and provide FACT BASED perspective, and help you see the real nature of that 'BUSH-light' you have been imagining!!!

The backfiring HIGH SPENDING ILLEGAL Iraq war:
The Bush Admin. basically set off an Economic Neutron Bomb. I would say their highest priority task was to STEAL trillions of dollars from the American People :
Iraq war,
War profiteers,
No-bid contracts,

FAILED (on purpose) government programs:
Census bureau hand held computers,
IRS failed programs, etc,
The Oil Monopoly price gouging.

Presiding over and refusing to regulate ILLEGAL FINANCIAL PRACTICES
The purposeful economic treason of failing to regulate and stop the unbelievable illegal practices of...
Private Mortgage Bankers,
Investment Bankers,
Insurance Companies, and
Investment Rating Companies.

Under Bush’s admin. MILLIONS of Americans have been tossed into the streets (foreclosures).

Under Bush’s admin., the stock market was TANKED, ripping off TRILLIONS from AMERICANS’ Retirement Funds and Safety Nets.

Under Bush’s admin., Not only the US economy, but the WORLD’s economy CAME TO A HALT. The Bush admin. has left America and a large number of western world countries with ‘roof-blasting’ RECORD DEBT LOADS, and a GALLOPPING JOB DECLINE.

The Bush years, with the collusion of …
… The GOP,
… A good number of corporate tyrants,
… Wall Street,
… Bankers,
… Oil companies,
purposefully set into place policies, procedures, and acts that STOLE almost every last drop of American people's wealth, ALL at the expense of DESTROYING the US of A.

The DOW:
On Jan 20, 2001 the DOW was 10,587.59
On Jan 16, 2009 the DOW was 8,281.22
Net Gain/loss -2,306.37
In 8 years, the DOW LOST .78%

The NATIONAL DEBT NEARLY DOUBLED UNDER BUSH:
The National Debt basically Doubled under GW Bush. I am not sure if the Cost of the Iraq War and TART is included in the National Debt (remains a mystery of the Bush legacy). If it was not, then you can add in $1.4 trillion (+/-).

On Jan 22, 2001 the National Debt was 5,727,776,738,304
On Jan 16, 2009 the National Debt was 10,628,881,485,510
Net Gain +4,901,104,747,206

The USA was in RECESSION as early as Dec. 2007, UNDER THE BUSH ADMIN.
The National Bureau of Economic Research has stated that America has been in Recession since December 2007. This is backed up be US Department of Commerce figures.

Real GDP:
'07, II, -0.1
'07, III, -4,8
'07, IV, -4,8
'08, I, -0.2
'08, II, -0,9
'08, III, -0,5
'08 IV, -6,2

Since President Obama took over, WE'RE ARE OFFICIALLY OUT OF THE RECESSION HANDED BY THE BUSH ADMIN., and have AVOIDED A FULL DEPRESSION as warned by a large number of analysts.

UNEMPLOYMENT ROSE UNDER BUSH, DECLINES UNDER OBAMA
http://www.bls.gov/http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet?data_tool=latest_numbers&series_id=LNS14000000 (if someone could post the actual graphs - that would be great)

I posted 12 months for both 2007 and 2008, and January of 2009 (end of the Bush era). It clearly dispels the lies and dishonest blame laid on President Obama for the unemployment nightmare.
While stable between ’07 and ’08 of the Bush era, the rate of decline (jobloss) was clearly running full steam during the last year of the Bush mandate, a full 3 points increase YTY.

4.6, 4.5, 4.4, 4.5, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.7, 4.7, 4.8, 4.7, 4.9

4.9, 4.8, 5.1, 5.0, 5.5, 5.6, 5.8, 6.2, 6.2, 6.6, 6.8, 7.2

Facts and numbers of the first 13 months of President Obama’s taking charge, as opposed to lies and unfounded calumnious charges from disingenuous foes, clearly show a STABILIZATION and a REVERSAL of the unemployment loss rates.

(if someone can post unemployment and recession graphs of past 15 months or so, it will clearly back-up the 2 paragraphs above).
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/Economics/Unemployment-rate.aspx?Symbol=USD

As though that weren’t enough, the first 13 month of President Obama’s mandate, MARKS AN EARLY END OF THE SEVERE RECESSION HANDED OVER FROM THE BUSH ADMIN.

The Bush admin. FAILED on all counts that can be measured, thus backed-up by numbers and facts.

Again 'thomas' and friends, facts and reality are steadfastly obstinate in DISAGREEING with your 'creative' view of things.

Regardless of your delusional interpretation, ALL THE ECONOMIC INDICATORS ARE SCREAMING THAT THE OBAMA ADMIN IS DOING AN OUTSTANDING JOB!!!

As far as I am concerned, I'll take facts, over delusional and dogmatic fiction, EVERYTIME!!!

no photo
Sat 03/06/10 06:40 PM
Edited by voileazur on Sat 03/06/10 06:43 PM

Err...wasn't the deficit there when he arrived?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

no it wasn't . and the bankers that he saved aren't going to vote for him either .

False statement again.

Is it an obsessive compulsive reflex???

Does your religion forbid you to make the simplest of searches through 'google'???

Or are some people just enjoying being annoying???

The premise of this whole thread is founded on a false premise:

«... The deficit Obama inherited on taking office last month was $1.3 trillion.» Hans Nichols, Bloomberg.
(see full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aei7Fn0ISrwo&refer=news )

As Lady 'lindyy' orders you all : Be honest and GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

P.S.: I also trust that the Lady will follow her own counsel form this point onward.

no photo
Sat 03/06/10 03:59 PM

Oh. You mean like OBAMA exploited the gullible's fear of REPUBLICANS ... ? Or CONSERVATISM? Or AMERICANISM? THAT kind of 'exploitation' ... ?

Yep.

Would the other side do the same? Already have.

Politicians corrupt and self serving? Na, never....

Dragoness,

It would appear some folks welcome, and possibly enjoy being manipulated and played by their masters.

Go figure!!!

no photo
Sat 03/06/10 03:48 PM
Edited by voileazur on Sat 03/06/10 03:51 PM

Dear Lady 'lindyy',

With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that you started this thread «... hoping for intelligent, honest opinion and debate...»

In closing, many here 'hope for' intelligent, honest and facts backed opinions and statements, potentially leading to stimulating debates.

Now, let the teachers apply their own lessons.

Well, Mr. V....for someone who does not reside in the USA....that is all that needs to be said........

BUT, is it not a little demeaning on YOUR part to ".....With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that you started this thread «... hoping for intelligent, honest opinion and debate...»

What a clever way to demean someone's intellect......just what are you insinuating Mr. V?

Dear Lady 'lindyy',

I will forgive for you what could easily be taken as a most uncivilized comment you wrote at my expense:

«... for someone who does not reside in the USA... that is all that needs to be said...».

With the busy life you must lead, you most probably forgot that you were posting in a PUBLIC forum of the WORLD WIDE WEB!!! That's WORLD, Lady 'lindyy', NOT the USA-WIDE-WEB!!!
Now, 'that is all that needs to be said...' ... on that one!!!

As for your suggestion that I might be demeaning in my statements, ironically, that is exactly what characterizes your own overall 'demeanor' on this thread, to only name one of several.

You state that you 'hope for' and request from others, specific standards of honesty, accuracy and rigor (rather pretentious and arrogant IMO), yet you, through your own opinions, comments, and counter arguments with others, consistently fail to observe those very standards.
In this specific instance, where you suggest my statement to be demeaning, is a perfect example. A typical case of projection.

With respect to your last question, I want to reassure you. I am not insinuating anything.

If one authentically 'hopes for' an 'intelligent, honest opinion and debate', 'CIVIL response', 'with correct and current information and facts being cited', as you stated yourself, one MUST first adhere to such standards.

Thus, when you invite us to participate in this specific thread, with an opening statement that is both false and calumnious, you are failing, in this instance, to follow your own standards Lady 'lindyy'. No insinuation.

no photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:39 PM

I started this thread hoping for intelligent, honest opinion and debate....whether it opposes my opinions and debates or not........but it just seems that on this website, that cannot be accomplished.

People do not give an intelligent, honest, CIVIL response ...... with correct and current information and facts being cited ...... with nothing substantial to contribute........

This is my country and I love it and care what happens to it.......and from the current deficit alone, and the past year being spent on health care reform, that the public has SCREAMED out that it DOES NOT WANT obama's plan........it appears that obama just DOES NOT CARE....HIS EGO, TO ME, APPEARS TO BE MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM.

Obama, on national television, has admitted that people feel that he seems to think that HE knows what is best for the USA citizens, and it appears that it matters NOT to him what the USA citizens KNOW IS BEST FOR THEM. So, someone PLEASE TELL ME....why does obama not listen to the USA citizens that have been speaking out so loudly?

Dear Lady 'lindyy',

With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that you started this thread «... hoping for intelligent, honest opinion and debate...»

You accuse people for allegedly not giving «... intelligent, honest, CIVIL response ...... with correct and current information and facts being cited ...... with nothing substantial to contribute...».

Again, without meaning to show any form of disrespect to you personally Lady 'linddy', I found your opening statement totally lacking on each of the following counts: «... intelligent, honest opinion, with correct information and facts...», which you allegedly seemed to 'hope for', and accused OTHERS of failing to live up to.

An opportunistic 'false' statement (unsubstantiated) is hardly the path to an intelligent and HONEST discussion or debate.

Your OP:
«... Is obama's 'change' and 'hope' what the American people thought it was?
I sincerely do not think so...........I do not think the people who did vote for the individual expected to have a deficit in the trillions of dollars the first year he was in office...»

The facts unfortunately do not agree with your statement Lady 'lindyy'. The deficit WAS 1,3USD (trillion) on the day that President Obama took office. Be my guest and check the following link:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aei7Fn0ISrwo&refer=news
... one of several links you could have visited, instead of erring further.

What's more, 'fearandloathing's most pertinent and 'intelligent' question might have allowed you to verify your sources, and rectify your error:

His question:
«... Err...wasn't the deficit there when he arrived?...»

Your answer:
«... Errrrrrr not in the trillions that obama has created! ...»

You chose to reiterate the false information, in spite of an intelligent question which could have corrected the situation.

And yet again, you come back with a variation on the same unfounded, unsubstantiated and flat out false statement on the deficit:

«... obama has done nothing but increase the deficit to an ungodly amount...»

Your 'editorial' statements should have been addressed to President Bush, while HE was in office, since it is HIS deficit that we are all 'stuck' with at this point. As I recall though, you didn't speak out back then!!!

In closing, many here 'hope for' intelligent, honest and facts backed opinions and statements, potentially leading to stimulating debates.

Now, let the teachers apply their own lessons.

no photo
Fri 03/05/10 12:29 PM
Edited by voileazur on Fri 03/05/10 12:38 PM

Respectfully, I just dont see that silent "ANYTHING' (praying, meditating, reading)is provocation, unlike setting a house on fire.

This is just silly!!!

You disregard all facts, but keep insisting that YOUR version of reality is the right and only one!!! That starts sounding like the 'fundamentalist' speech:
'... don't bother me with your human facts, my direct line with my personal 'god' is all I need!!!...'.

Julian Raven is a 'militant christian fundamentalist preacher'. He goes into a park after convincing 6 other 'monkeys' to join him, in spite of warnings from police, whom know him well for his confrontational preaching approach.

Now 'msharmony', read ALL the information at the link I provided earlier, and see for yourself.

We are not talking about an innocent silent prayer here. The man, Julian Raven, is a known agitator whom happens to have a 'fundamentalist christian' agenda. Law and order officers are paid to manage 'agitators', whether they are 'christians' or 'Moonies'!!!

You are correct in that I do not have all the details. If there are other specifics about the arrest which warranted it, I can concede that but my concern is in giving people in authority to dictate that any behavior,, from silent prayer, to verbal insult is disruptive enough to warrant arrest,,,opening that door just MIGHT give people the idea that they should dictate what people talk about in public as well,,,,

but i will read the other details and get back to it,,

Overpowering law enforcing!?!?!? How can that be deducted from this case???

We're dealing with the complete opposite here. Officers, knowing Raven's 'testing' reputation, showed formidable discernment.

Julian Raven is anything but a victim here. HE IS THE ONE DICTATING, OVERPOWERING AND 'TESTING' the authorities, not the other way around.

The authorities, in spite of the man reputation did not suggest he couldn't go into the park, or TAKE PART at the event. But knowing his confrontational style of 'preaching', which had lead to incidents in the past, they warned that he was not to confront the participants.

Raven proceeded to enter the park with his 'followers' in single file, and authorities did nothing.

It is only later on, when leader Raven and his minions made their way to center stage that the officers starting paying attention, and eventually decided to call the agitator's bluff.

Here is an eye witness account from an article of the Star Gazette, an Elmira (local) newspaper covering the scene:

'... Seven protesters wearing T-shirts that said "Liberated from Sin" tried to disrupt the celebration by blocking the stage and putting on a show of praying and scripture reading...'

A clear disregard for the reasonable warning: 'don't confront participants', and a clear disturbance of the peace: blocking access to the stage; 'MINOR DETAILS' left out by the WDN account of events.

That's when the law officers moved in, ... AS THEY SHOULD!!!

no photo
Fri 03/05/10 09:31 AM
Edited by voileazur on Fri 03/05/10 09:32 AM

I have good health insurance. Many people don't. I only wish President Obama had done this sooner. Health insurance shouldn't be a "luxury." It should be enjoyed by ALL Americans, just as it is in most first world countries. America needs to stop it's slide into third world status. It's obscene for a few people to enjoy incomes like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet while many people have no health insurance and/or are homeless.

How then do you feel about a man or woman ENJOYING THE FRUITS OF THEIR LABOR?

Aye do something about those who have not.

But don't do it by stuffing LIVE bodies in the hole in the dam... and striping them of their well made cloak cause yours is homespun.

'USmale' is not talking about one right to 'enjoy the fruit of one's labor'!!!

He's suggesting that the richest country in the world, shouldn't leave its people's health at the mercy of the exclusive control of 'strictly for profit' insurance companies.

Nothing wrong with 'for profit insurance companies', but they have a serious conflict of interest, as it should, when it comes to choosing between 'their profit' and 'your heath'!!!

no photo
Fri 03/05/10 09:20 AM

Respectfully, I just dont see that silent "ANYTHING' (praying, meditating, reading)is provocation, unlike setting a house on fire.

This is just silly!!!

You disregard all facts, but keep insisting that YOUR version of reality is the right and only one!!! That starts sounding like the 'fundamentalist' speech:
'... don't bother me with your human facts, my direct line with my personal 'god' is all I need!!!...'.

Julian Raven is a 'militant christian fundamentalist preacher'. He goes into a park after convincing 6 other 'monkeys' to join him, in spite of warnings from police, whom know him well for his confrontational preaching approach.

Now 'msharmony', read ALL the information at the link I provided earlier, and see for yourself.

We are not talking about an innocent silent prayer here. The man, Julian Raven, is a known agitator whom happens to have a 'fundamentalist christian' agenda. Law and order officers are paid to manage 'agitators', whether they are 'christians' or 'Moonies'!!!

no photo
Fri 03/05/10 04:14 AM
Edited by voileazur on Fri 03/05/10 04:33 AM

I agree with Ms Harmony.I think this story is a prime example of our Government starting to decide who is special,who should be allowed to protest,where they can protest,and what they can say.There is no where in the Constitution where it says you have a right not to be offended.

I think the key point to consider in this debate is that this was a public festival in a public park permit or not.The general public has every right to say what they want in this park.Everybody owns it and everybody should be able to use it as they see fit(legally speaking of course).I know these people were annoying the gay crowd by praying in front of the stage.I think if so many people were offended and this was upsetting so many people the crowd could have asked them to leave or picked them up and sat them down somewhere else and prevented them from entering the front of the stage area again.If these protesters pushed,shoved,yelled,or was generally creating a hostile situation then I think it would be a good idea for the police to remove them.I do not think the police should be playing big brother and assume that just because they are praying all Hell is going to break loose.

What is next?Should the police remove cheerleaders in parades because their shorts are too short and offending mothers?If Christians were standing on the corners on gay pride parades should they be arrested and thrown in jail because there is a possibility they could cause a disruption?

I think the point of this post is to prove that if you hold parades and events that are controversial such as Gay events or Religious events in public places you are going to have to deal with the general public and what they have to say about it like it or not.If you want the public and protesting out of the picture you should hold these events in private buildings.

Much like Julian Raven, the 'christian fundamentalist predicator' sought to 'test' and 'provoke', and then pull the old 'victimization' act FOR THE GLORY OF 'HIS GOD'!!!
... 'thomas3474', with this thread, is digging up a 3 year old piece of news, to raise some controversy (stir-up and provoke some tihs), while pulling the same '... PLAY THE POOR LITTLE VICTIMIZED AND PERSECUTED CHRISTIAN ACT...' as Raven!?!?!?

If you intentionally set your own house on fire, don't come to us crying that you're a 'VICTIM OF ARSON'!!!

In the typical style of 'chrstian fundamentalists',
... whom almost appear to have this 'apologetic quota', addicted as they are to stir-up 'fires' only to claim persecution and 'victimization', as in the first days of christianity, 2000 years ago,
... this OP sets the stage-up in a most opportunistic and misleading manner, by carefully selecting a single and grossly biased information source: World Nut Daily (http://www.wnd.com/), a renowned 'opinion 'maker' and spin-meister' catering to the religious far right.

Much like our pyromaniac-victim describing a 'fake' arsonist, when asked by good Samaritans trying to sort out the facts of the crime, this OP chooses to post only a self-serving part of the event.

For good balance, here is a link...

http://jthughes.blogspot.com/2008/03/prince-of-peace-followers-guilty-of.html

... giving a much richer perspective (from different sources including WND), where in the end, Julian Raven, a 'christian fundamentalist' preacher, clearly comes across as having sought to test and provoke in the typical "... Our only reward is being right in a wrong world...", christian fundamentalist fanatical style!!!

It is high time that we start recognizing 'christian fundamentalists' for the persistent tihs-disturbing, provoking and intransigent (no possible debate or compromise) fanatics they are.

How one can tell the handfull of 'fanatical/fundamentalist tihs-disturbing christian' from the very vast majority of true christians???
Pay attention to this singular obsessive and compulsive drive to provoke and test the limits of 'Separation of Church and State', in their mission to IMPOSE 'THEIR CHURCH' OVER THE '... WE THE PEOPLE...' STATE.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25