Community > Posts By > NoCatfish2

NoCatfish2's photo
Mon 01/25/16 04:31 PM
Edited by NoCatfish2 on Mon 01/25/16 04:31 PM
VioletTigress wrote:

If anyone paid attention to mine, I’d read their. I know they don’t pay attention, and that my filters don’t work (if they are using the app.) because I mostly only get messages from California, or other countries. Mostly from men in their twenties.
I wish we could fix all those guys up with the 20- and 30-something (years old) women who've been clicking "Like" on me.
I've never really found that to be flattering, and now it's tiresome. The ones that really tick me off are the ones who use a location name that the state they're supposedly in doesn't have, but my state does. I've reported some, but it's kind of like Whack-a-Mole.

I signed in after a couple of weeks away, and there were 46 new "Matches." whoa

NoCatfish2's photo
Wed 12/23/15 10:00 AM
"Eleanor Rigby" --The Beatles

NoCatfish2's photo
Sun 12/20/15 04:52 PM
Annierooroo wrote:
Chocolate all the time because you can get new stuff every time.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Actually, life is like a jar of hot peppers. What you do today could burn your a** tomorrow. bigsmile

Time for the "candy is dandy, but . . . " jokes. I guess that could be a whole new thread. biggrin

NoCatfish2's photo
Tue 12/08/15 01:21 PM
"King of Nothing"--Seals and Crofts

NoCatfish2's photo
Mon 11/30/15 03:01 AM
Edited by NoCatfish2 on Mon 11/30/15 03:02 AM
I just rolled my eyes so hard I saw my brain.
Good one. :laughing:

And another gem from TMommy. :laughing:

NoCatfish2's photo
Wed 11/25/15 10:42 AM
Well, I can't speak for what "most" men do, but I'll admit that guys might be less likely to actually read profiles.
But from the almost-daily "MutualMatches" I've been getting, a lot of women don't read profiles, either. (Or maybe they're just scammers.)
I'm now on a second page of "matches," and all those blonde 26-year-olds from California are messing up my game of "collecting" all fifty states. bigsmile

So those of us who want to know if there are shared interests, etc. will continue to read the profiles. I mean, if you don't see a real potential match there, why waste time and electrons contacting someone, or even just blindly clicking the "Match with Him/Her" button?

I guess the people (both genders) who don't read profiles will just continue with their "to whom it may concern" ways. As Bruce Hornsby said, "That's just the way it is." {shrugs}

NoCatfish2's photo
Mon 11/23/15 06:46 PM
"Knockin' on Heaven's Door"--Bob Dylan

That's probably been posted already, because there really aren't all that many English words that begin with 'k', but I couldn't search the forum to find out. ('K' is fifth from the bottom in frequency tables, but more frequent than j, x, q and z.)

NoCatfish2's photo
Mon 11/23/15 05:57 PM
The family wants $10 million from the City of Irving and $5 million from Irving ISD for damages it claims Ahmed and the family suffered after the teen was arrested.
Damages? The little germ became a celebrity, a darling of the left. (Meaning the "useful eejits" who couldn't see it as a probable ploy cooked up by one or both parents.)

The letter demanding money from the city and district says that the family wants “more than anything to come home” to Irving.
Why, so they can b¡†¢4 that many people in town dislike them?

And a bunch of people in hell want ice water, too. pitchfork

Conrad_73 wrote:
so,that was the Purpose of that whole exercise!laugh
You nailed it.

Here's some music-on-hold they can listen to when they call to ask if they can "come home."
"You cain't always git whatchoo wa-ant" tongue2

NoCatfish2's photo
Wed 11/18/15 09:36 AM
NO, THEY DON'T!! THEY JUST LOOK AT YOUR PICTURE.. I'VE 19,30,45,50 YEAR OLDS THAT WRITE ME. I'M 61 YRS OLD. WHY WOULD I WANT SOMEONE IN THEIR 40'S ? MY OLDEST SON IS 42 YRS OLD.
Well, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I got another one today from a thirty-something in another state. At least she was in a town that I might have been to once, although it would have been decades ago. whoa

And I haven't even worn my "Stud Muffin" t-shirt in any photos. (Actually, it says "Geezer--formerly known as 'Stud Muffin'.") bigsmile

NoCatfish2's photo
Wed 11/18/15 09:23 AM
"Gun control" does not equal "crime control," but Michael Bloomberg's puppets in the groups with names using words like "Gun Sense" and "Gun Safety" will never accept that.

It's more about "control" than about guns, anyway.

NoCatfish2's photo
Tue 11/17/15 08:10 AM
^^^ Good one. laugh
All those terms of endearment are better than "hey, you." bigsmile

NoCatfish2's photo
Tue 11/17/15 08:06 AM
The conundrum I'm dealing with right now as a new member (2 days - I'm talking NEW!) is how much do I want to include in an initial e-mail. I don't want to inundate a woman with a tidal wave of information about myself but I'm trying - like every other guy here - to kind of separate myself from the pack, as it were. Any feedback is appreciated, BTW.
If you include a comment or question about something you read in her profile, that can be a good start. It helps show that you actually read the profile.

NoCatfish2's photo
Sat 10/31/15 08:13 PM
I should be practicing my music, but the rest of the household is asleep, so I'm here instead.

Some nights, Mingle2 is better than anything on TV. (Which led me to go watch the video for that Springsteen song, "57 Channels (And Nothin' On).")

NoCatfish2's photo
Sat 10/31/15 10:24 AM
1-Why don't the number of hot dogs match the number of buns?
Yeah, George Carlin or somebody once asked "Do you realize how many of each you have to buy to make that come out even?"

Although some bakeries are now making packages of eight buns.
Breakthrough! bigsmile

NoCatfish2's photo
Fri 10/30/15 09:23 AM
Edited by NoCatfish2 on Fri 10/30/15 09:25 AM
More than likely those people are scammers, with fake profiles. That's my experience so far on here and it's only been about 5 days since I've joined this site.

If you don't want to communicate with them, set your filters to block messages from anyone beyond a certain distance. I'm still getting "Matches" from women in faraway places (the latest a 27-y/o in Denver), but the only lady (big difference) who's further than 50 miles from me who I receive mail from is SassyEuro. (I hope that makes her feel "special." :wink: )

NoCatfish2's photo
Fri 10/30/15 09:05 AM

Life is a circle

At age 60 success is about having sex

* anonymous* happy
laugh
Which reminded me of the old "I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." bigsmile

NoCatfish2's photo
Thu 10/29/15 11:46 AM
I know if I laugh, it'll just encourage you guys, but I can't help it. laugh

NoCatfish2's photo
Thu 10/29/15 11:43 AM
Well, we don't want the two worlds to collide do we? Independent You and Relationship You..
yea.. its from Seinfeld.. Worlds Theory..
I don't want my worlds to collide either..
Good one. I hadn't heard of that before, but Googled "Seinfeld worlds theory," and there it was. All ooooover the Interwebz.
Once again, I've learned something new just by reading this forum. laugh

And another classic from TMommy, too. laugh

I got another "Match" today, the first from Washington state.
It's not one of my favorite ZZ Top songs, but it's the first thing that came to mind:
"I'm bad, I'm nationwide.
Girl I'm bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, I'm nationwide." smokin

NoCatfish2's photo
Thu 10/29/15 11:24 AM
"Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" --Steam
One of the writers was the guy who wrote and produced "Green Tambourine" and other numbers for The Lemon Pipers. There actually was no group called Steam at the time the song was released, but its sales eventually exceeded 6.5 million copies.
"The song's chorus remains well-known, and is frequently used as a crowd chant at many sporting events, generally directed at the losing side when the outcome is all but certain." bigsmile

NoCatfish2's photo
Wed 10/28/15 07:28 PM
"Juke Box Hero" -- Foreigner

I wanted to go with "Just an Old Fashioned Love Song" by Three Dog Night, but it turns out it's actually called "An Old Fashioned Love Song." But I still get to mention that it was written by Little Enos Burdette from the Smokey and the Bandit films. bigsmile

Previous 1 3 4 5 6