Community > Posts By > Wolfwalker527

no photo
Sun 10/25/15 10:37 AM
Just wondering if any people are having much luck finding real friends or people to date that are actually local to them? So far, the majority of the contacts I have had are more than 200 miles away from me, on a different continent than their profile indicates, or simply turn out to be fake/scammers(which I do report when I encounter).

I'm basically in the initial stages & am wondering what other people's experiences have been like.

no photo
Mon 09/14/15 08:12 PM
For me, ANY age was/is difficult. I mean, how many guys 1) Don't drink, 2) Don't really give a flip about watching or participating in most sports, 3) Aren't that into organized religion, but are not atheist, 4) Are poor dancers, 5) Are not rich, 6) Are not a hunk with chiseled features that ladies can't take their eyes off & 7) Can't think of where to meet people (since bars are ruled out (#1), tailgating & other sports-related venues are ruled out (#2), church & related activities are ruled out (#3) & clubs are rulled out (#4))? whoa

I feel like I have reverted back to the shy teenage girl I once was not the mature woman I have been for 20 years. it's strange to me dating at this age but hey i dont want to spend my best years alone either so here I am...

no photo
Mon 09/14/15 08:00 PM
Well, here goes ...

The *perfect* (for me) li'l redheaded, freckle-faced Irish lass.

Since I am pretty sure I'll never get that, let me move on to my 2nd choice...

A female that falls within my somewhat broad idea of what is attractive to me. (Mostly younger than I am, but there could be outliers.) A female who has a good personality. (That doesn't mean she is Florence Nightingale, just that she isn't a cruel, selfish or self-centered lady.) Someone I can talk to & who will talk to me & who will be open and honest. (That doesn't mean there is total disclosure. Just that nothing important or harmful to the relationship, whether it be just friendship or a romantic relationship, is kept hidden.) Yes, sex would be part of what I, as a guy, am looking for, but it isn't the ONLY thing. Friends, activity-partners (I sometimes enjoy random road-trips & could enjoy road-trips with a co-pilot.), FWB, hookups, dating, or romantic relations hips are all possibilities in my mind, but I am leaning toward more of the former than toward the latter ones at this point in my life. Next year, next month, or even next week, my priorities could change. Life isn't set in stone.

no photo
Mon 09/14/15 07:40 PM

normally just the remote or that screwdriver that someones moved

Would that be the sonic screwdriver? If so, which version? shades

no photo
Mon 09/14/15 07:34 PM
Edited by Wolfwalker527 on Mon 09/14/15 07:35 PM
I can second that opinion. I haven't actually been approached by any of the scammers here YET ... I am hope I am not ever approached by such. Not all guys here are "young guys looking for sex". There are "old guys looking for sex" too. :tongue:

But, seriously, some of us are for real. Just like some of the ladies are for real. Does that mean these "real" people are right for one-another? Not necessarily, but there are real people out there ... or at least in my fantasy world version of this site, there are ... Who knows. Maybe it's not just a fantasy ... Only time will tell.

I can honestly say, I have not been approached, for sex, by any lady on this site.
Now, does that answer your question?
SMIRK

I have been approached by "supposed" young, beautiful women who fall into the following categories:
Buy me a house.
Buy me a car.
Buy me a motor cycle or scooter
I need money for rent and or food.
Send me money and I will come to you. I counter her request with, I will come get you. That totally ends
the conversation.
Finally, the one that really surprised me was, "I need money to help pay for my daughter's college
education.

I, being more than a few years older then them, aka older than their grandfather, they must believe I am desperate and dumber than a sack full of rocks.

As we all know, all the men in the US are so very very wealthy, with so much money we will gladly give it away without any expectations.

To these ladies, I respond, "I was born at night but not, last night."

I also know, if a beautiful woman knocks on the side of my boat, she want directions to somewhere ELSE.

no photo
Sun 09/13/15 03:32 PM
Anyone else planning on picking up this new Alabama Album when it come out on September 18th?

no photo
Sun 09/13/15 07:20 AM

Are there any good ole country boys left out there????

As Hank Williams Jr. says in his song, "I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4-wheel drive. And a country boy can survive."

winking

no photo
Sun 09/13/15 07:06 AM

You all make it sound so easy

It is easier for some and harder for others. Part of it has to with how much of an Introvert or Extrovert you are. It is just easier for some people to go up and talk to an attractive person. For some, like me for example, if I find someone attractive, that literally slams the breaks on my being able to comfortably approach & talk to them. I often have had to force myself to talk to someone, but I have done well enough that even people who are well-acquainted with me have a hard time believing that I am actually very shy.

no photo
Sun 09/13/15 06:52 AM

Jump straight into what? A relationship? Bed?

I second this comment. It can vary actually (if you are talking friend or dating). In some cases getting to know someone as a friend will help build a stronger relationship if you both decide to pursue that, BUT, if one person has romantic feelings for the other that are not reciprocated, that can sometimes destroy a good friendship.

If you both have some interest in one another from the start, then it might be better going straight to dating. It is really one of those things where there is no RIGHT answer as it varies from person to person and even from situation to situation with the same person (In one situation it might be best to go straight to dating, but, with the same individual, in a different situation, it might be better to become friends first.).