thecomebackkid26's photo
Sun 10/18/15 11:38 PM
Umphreys Mcgee

thecomebackkid26's photo
Fri 10/16/15 12:28 AM
People are on here for different reasons. I'll break down the classic stereotypes:

Men are here because:

They can't get dates in real life
To socialize
Boost their numbers/ game
Or maybe they actually do want to find a compatible partner

Women are here because:

They want extra attention
They are searching for superman
They view the whole experience of online dating as a science experiment sort of like how you wonder how people think

thecomebackkid26's photo
Thu 10/15/15 11:50 PM
I was a bit encouraged by chronicliar75's post until I read their screen name.

I'm all for personal growth. I've read many books and content on self improvement.

It just seems like a lot of people have the paparazzi following them around taking pictures of everything they do. I don't get this obsession with taking so many pictures and I think that's a big part of online dating too. I was definitely born in the wrong generation.

thecomebackkid26's photo
Wed 10/14/15 11:09 PM
While online dating might be useful for some people, it's definitely not everybody's niche and you shouldn't feel bad if you don't have success on a site like this or okcupid. Obviously humans are programmed to mate with the most attractive person they can find and online dating is like a supermarket. I feel as though people miss out on a lot of good opportunities because they have this mind set that they have to impress their friends or whatever. I've been there before and in hindsight I definitely regret missing out on getting to know a couple of people because I was too scared about what my friends would think. I think that the majority of people on here are just looking for fun but nothing serious. If you have a 6 pack and are 6'2 or if you are a really attractive girl these websites probably work good for you as far as meeting people but for the average people trying to meet people online might have less benefits than you think. I would try to do it the old fashioned way and face your fears and go talk to people. That's how my relationships always started. Goodluck!

thecomebackkid26's photo
Wed 10/14/15 10:57 PM
It can vary really, obviously everybody is different but there are some more common trends regarding women and race.

For example Northern European women don't really find darker men as attractive like southern Europeans do. The Italians, spain, southern france, romania, etc. Those women have culturally dated darker men for ages. Where as northern European people tend to stick to their on more. The evidence is when you go to the coasts or the northeast of the United states IR dating is way more common than a place like Omaha nebraska or Colorado for example.