Community > Posts By > scttrbrain

scttrbrain's photo
Mon 06/22/09 08:35 PM
So there I am...minding my own business.
Doing nothing...just sitting and watching tv. This really nice guy who tries so hard to be something. Touches me...makes me think. My heart melts, it races....

I feel things that I rarely feel these days. I laugh, smile...have tender moments. A tear here and there.....then the hope I wish for this guy to have his dream...becoming mine,all the while...sharing a broken heart and missed chances. I feel for him...I want for him....I get excited....I want him. I want him to fulfill his dream. I dream for him. Every fiber in my being pulls for his strength to be recognized as a great man. I cry...then cry again. Wiping away my tears ever so often.
My face wet and my heart fulfilled....His journey is complete.....barely able to see through the my glistening eyes....I wonder.....................................
........................................Ten times...TEN TIMES I have done this-----------------------------

Can anyone really watch "Rudy" without crying?

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Sun 06/21/09 08:59 PM

Gotcha Kat. Point well taken.

flowerforyou

scttrbrain's photo
Sun 06/21/09 08:56 PM

Interesting. All the addicts are united-and angry. And no one's taken away their smokes. This is not even a new tax. Tobacco will just be regulated like any other product that currently falls under FDA's domain. Why all the hostility? You can each still continue with your "suicide on the installment plan".

Watch yer mouth gent. ALL OF THE ADDICTS??? Do you hear me whining about it? Addict here.........knowing the killing nature of the beast. Wishing to escape the reach of the poison.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Sun 06/21/09 08:51 PM
I know a fabulous Aussie. Hi Lee. What'cha been up to baby girl? More of you running around? NO!!!!! Just one of you please. I just wanna like YOU....not more of you....? like you...? who of you? Whatever.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Sun 06/21/09 07:38 PM
I agree; there are plenty of dads out there who do not wear the title well. Same for some moms.

But, To all you dads...and you know who you are.................100% of the equation.... Good job fellas.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!

I didn't send my son a card this time...or the last. I sent him another poem.(he likes it when I write them for him)
I haven't heard back as to whether he got it yet or not. They shut down all communications after an incident. I will probably hear from him tomorrow.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Sat 06/20/09 09:34 PM
Edited by scttrbrain on Sat 06/20/09 09:36 PM

just a thought....has anyone thought about the harms of household cleaners, air freshener, perfumes, etc?

there are perfumes I can't be around or I get a bad headache and nauseous

I have actually. I do not use store bought cleaners. It causes asthma and hurts those with it feel worse. It also has put me in the emergency room with breathingf problems. I only use what is safe. Air freshners are not good either. The arosol is bad.
Some peoples perfum gets to me so that I can't hardly breathe.

A couple of my boys began to smoke. They used to preach to me daily. They have since quit. None of the others do. They all stay on me about cigarrettes. My youngest has cried trying to get me to quit. As much as I want to, I have a hard time doing it. I live with my mom who smokes and coughs all the damn time. She is always seeing a Dr for bronchials and lungs.

She keeps saying she is going to try, but hasnt done it yet.
I want so to please my children. I am even punished for smoking by not having my grandsons in my house. But that is okay by me. I do not want then to see it or be around it. I see them...and we spend time together. I go to their house when I can get a ride. I never smoke before or while I am there.
I do not want to kill my own kids with my crazy habit. My stinking cigs will kill them. Not just me.
My late husband died of lung cancer as did my step dad and my dad.
My other late husband died of blood clots causing reperatory arrest and miocardio infarction.
Think that would be enough......

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Sat 06/20/09 03:19 PM

Lovely...the government is "looking" out for our health again...

it's for our best interest since, we adults, need to be told whoa

Adults could actually learn some things from their own kids. Ask any kid living with a smoker what they want? How it affects them. Go ahead ask them...they will have no problem telling you.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Sat 06/20/09 03:14 PM

Adj, the other was posted a couple days ago. With a link, too.

Yup, done twice, one by Queene and uh...uh...I can't remember the other one. A couple of hours apart in the correct forum.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 09:42 PM
Oh...and I do believe it is all about the money...money that they would save trying to keep us alive by getting rid of them, they would save save save. Our smoking habits cost the government and non smoking citizens billions.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 09:40 PM
I don't believe for a minute that we all do know the absolute dangers of cigarrettes.
The number one poison found is nocotine. The numer one. Afetr it is lit it becomes even more so. It actually becomes many more and much higher in its poisonous effects.

We do have a right to kill ourselves, but we do not have the right to expose others to our deathwish.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 09:35 PM
Condoms have an 85% (annual) success rate in protecting against pregnancy. That's 15% a failure rate. But remember, a women can get pregnant only about six days per month. HIV can infect a person 31 days per month.

Latex rubber, from which latex gloves and condoms are made, has tiny, naturally occurring voids or capillaries measuring on the order of one micron in diameter. Pores or holes five microns in diameter have been detected in cross sections of latex gloves. ( A micron is one thousandth of a millimeter.) Latex condoms will generally block the human sperm, which is much larger than the HIV virus. (A human sperm is about 60 microns long and three to five microns in diameter at the head. But the HIV virus is only 0.1 micron in diameter. A five- micron hole is 50 times larger than the HIV virus. A one-micron hole is 10 times larger. The virus can easily fit through. It's kind of like running a football play with no defense on the field to stop you or shooting a soccer ball into an open goal. The hole is huge!

In other words, many of the tiny pores in the latex condom are large enough to pass the HIV virus (that causes AIDS) in its fluid medium.

One study focused on married couples in which one partner was HIV positive. When couples used condoms for protection, after one and one-half years, 17% of the healthy partners had become infected. That' s about one in six, the same odds as Russian roulette.

One U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) study tested condoms in the laboratory for leakage of HIV-sized particles. Almost 33% leaked. One in three.

One analysis of 11 studies on condom effectiveness found that condoms had a 31% estimated failure rate in protecting against HIV transmission. In other words, as the report stated, "These results indicate that exposed condom users will be about a third as likely to become infected as exposed individuals practicing "unprotected" sex.... The public at large may not understand the difference between "condoms may reduce risk of" and "condoms will prevent" HIV transmission. It is a disservice to encourage the belief that condoms will prevent sexual transmission of HIV.
Condoms will not eliminate risk of sexual transmission and, in fact, may only lower risk somewhat."
Burlington County, New Jersey, banned condom distribution at its own county AIDS counseling center. Officials feared the legal liabilities if people contracted AIDS or died after using the condoms the county distributed. They were afraid the county would be held legally responsible for the deaths.

Latex condoms are sensitive to heat, cold, light, and pressure. The FDA recommends they be stored in "a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight, perhaps in a drawer or closet." Yet they are often shipped in metal truck trailers without climate control. In winter the trailers are like freezers. In summer they're like ovens. Some have reached 185�F (85�C) inside.
Are you thinking of entrusting you life to this little piece of rubber?

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 09:06 PM

While I think some of these are good ideas, like listing all ingredients and eliminating the misleading labeling of lights, low tar and mild. Do the warning labels really need to larger? Will that help anything? And do flavored cigs really cause children to want to smoke? We have fruit flavored alcohol and no one accuses those of being marketed at kids. And are store advets really that horrible?

Gonna have to be a really big pack of cigs. There are 599 added ingredients. Wow....
40 % tobacco and 60 % other.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 09:02 PM
Edited by scttrbrain on Fri 06/19/09 09:03 PM
I sometimes volunteer with the aids force and the infected here. My son is a worker involved so deeply. I also sit in on the teaching of safer sex. It is recommended by the "cdc" which we are working with. I have a link somewhere and can't find it right now. I have been looking, but I have so much stuff. I even went to a mail I had sent, then pasted info to a person to help them understand. I can't find it.

So, anyway..if I do...I will post it. It says one is good...but that the hiv is so much smaller than sperm or other deseases that it can get through the tiny microscopic holes in the condom.Latex, not sheep.

Anyway...I am one that hates a condom..it feels strange...but, if I want to play....unless one wants to get tested, wait three months get tested again then wait three more months get tested again...then it may be safe. It is taught to be tested when you think you are going to be in a sexual relationship , then again and again. But must be monogamous in that time frame.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 08:14 PM

**** i like condoms i dont want any pregnant girl friends...

I've heard guys complain about them...but sorry...I'd rather have them bag it but if they need to double bag it....something is wrong laugh

Double bagging is actually recommended. It is the safest way. Those pesky liitle hiv germs get through most condoms.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 08:11 PM
I have actually heard of people doing that. Stealing neighbors water to fill pools with.huh

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 11:33 AM
In all due respect; Teamsters ****! They ruined the livelyhood of my family when they came into town and made all sorts of promises. They replaced the other good union and closed down a large and profitable trucking industry my husband worked for. A company that took care of it's workers. It and the union that was booted out to false and huge promises.
Sorry...had to tell it.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 09:11 AM
FYI; I had one felony..(conspiracy to commit false pawn, 20 dollar vcr) add to it pot (tiny tiny amount in someones house), intent (seeds), paraphanelia (illegal use)(all came later, but added on)...all became felonies.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 09:03 AM
Edited by scttrbrain on Fri 06/19/09 09:04 AM

thanks Kat flowerforyou

Can anyone in laymans terms explain concurrent and consecutive sentences to me plz?

Well, I think concurrent is all charges run together
consecutive is run one out then the other kicks in.

Kat

charges or jail time? (warned ya) I don't know much legalize

The sentences running back to back is consecutive. When they all run together, it's concurrent.
Also, jail is for people that have either not been convicted and sentenced to due time in prison(felony convictions of one year or more) or those that have been convicted of a misdemeanor charge(less than one year).

Uhhhh...what?? I have several felony convictions....did a few weeks in jail, then convicted, then my sentence was run concurrent..all charges to be served at once...5 years probation. After completing 5 years and no tickets or any other thing happening...the time was dropped. The charges stayed. If they had been run consecutive...I would have had to do longer probation and paid more fines.

Kat

That's what the law is, but your judge, and the prosecutor gave you minimal jail time, and maximum probation, and fines. I'm talking about someone that cannot get out of the charges with a fine, ie.. murder, rape, burglary, or whatever else falls under the no-probation laws. Prison is for felonies, and jail is for either pre-trial, or misdemeanor convictions.

Oh, gotcha. I misread. Yes.

Also another thing is; many charges may be misdeamor, and one be a felony. They will take the felony and it automatically brings the other charges to felonies.

My time run concurrent assured me having less real time served probation or otherwise. Had it been consecutive..I would have had more time be it probation or jail or prison. It totaled 15 years with ten dropped upon completion. If I completed my probation clean of any problems...nothing...if I had got as little as a ticket, it could have been picked back up and I would start doing 5 years. But, if it had been the 15 concurrent, I would have to run out 15 or do the 15.

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 08:42 AM
Edited by scttrbrain on Fri 06/19/09 08:44 AM

thanks Kat flowerforyou

Can anyone in laymans terms explain concurrent and consecutive sentences to me plz?

Kat

The sentences running back to back is consecutive. When they all run together, it's concurrent.
Also, jail is for people that have either not been convicted and sentenced to due time in prison(felony convictions of one year or more) or those that have been convicted of a misdemeanor charge(less than one year).

Uhhhh...what?? I have several felony convictions....did a few weeks in jail, then convicted, then my sentence was run concurrent..all charges to be served at once...5 years probation. After completing 5 years and no tickets or any other thing happening...the time was dropped. The charges stayed. If they had been run consecutive...I would have had to do longer probation and paid more fines.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 06/19/09 08:37 AM
Edited by scttrbrain on Fri 06/19/09 08:44 AM

thanks Kat flowerforyou

Kat

?? the charges are one thing, the jail time is the concurrent or consecutive .

kat

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25