It's at the X upon my heart
Where I wait to tell you more

SDF May 12, 2010

Mystique42's photo
Wed 05/12/10 06:49 AM
Very nice T!flowerforyou

Mystique42's photo
Wed 05/12/10 06:03 AM
Looks like rain here today so I thought I'd repost this poem I wrote awhile back.

Trickling streams flow down the pane,
Pouring, slowing, dancing rain,
Tip toeing in joyous harmony...
Tapping out vaudeville melody.

Glorious drops, escalating tune,
Lively miracles birthing soon,
Flowers forming below streams,
Rainbows in a child's dreams.

Puddles explode, toddlers play,
Stomping, giggling, rainy day
Melancholy moms sip tea,
Unaware what beauty be.

Stop! Listen! Feel the storm,
Brilliant miracles being born,
Life exploding beyond a pane,
Pouring, slowing, dancing rain.

SDF

Mystique42's photo
Wed 05/12/10 06:01 AM
Rainbow... thanks for reading and leaving feedback! flowerforyou

teasingbrunette, have a great day!flowerforyou

Mystique42's photo
Wed 05/12/10 04:51 AM
Curling up in bed
Securing the big blanket beneath my chin
Drawing on memories
Feeling alone a little grim

Comforted by a comforter
A soft pillow beneath my head
Wishing to just dream it different
Thoughts whirling about my head

Passionate moments lost
Living in the past
Of what was or use to be
Some how the love didn't last

Fingers once intertwined
Magic moments behind a smoke screen
An intense meeting of the minds
Now it seems all like a dream

Years of solitude
Living life behind a veil
Have I wandered off the path
Lost my way upon the trail

Afraid to take a chance
So safety comes within a dream
A comforter my companion
Always stuck in the inbetween

A warm and cozy lonely place
Where memories prance around my head
Putting off my hearts desire
Telling myself the kids matter more instead

Perhaps one day it will all change
One day is the answer to my prayers
For now I'll quietly cuddle up
Dreams will find me safely there

SDF May 12, 2010

Mystique42's photo
Wed 04/21/10 07:30 PM
That's just my luck... MY romantic date has a date? Am I reading that right? Never fails!ohwell

Mystique42's photo
Wed 04/21/10 07:21 AM
realtors who can hurry you to put money down on a deal, but then can't seem to get the money back when someone out bids ya

Mystique42's photo
Wed 04/21/10 07:19 AM
One of those priceless treasures... memories!

Mystique42's photo
Wed 04/21/10 06:02 AM
No problem, heavenlyboy! You know I don't speak up very often, but when something hits home... well I can write a book! LOL

This morning I was thinking how it's easy to send our kids to public school and to me that seems lazy in a way. It's only because I now do know how much WORK is behind homeschooling.... coming up with goals for your child, submitting all you do to the school district, having your child evaluated, and then there is the day to day learning which sure isn't always easy. To me, homeschooling is far more work for a parent than sending their child to public school. Yet the bond between my one son and I is a much closer bond because I gave him my time each and every single day.

You know I didn't get into homeschooling because I just decided it was the route I wanted to go. I asked the school district to move my son out of the classroom where this teacher lost her cool but they refused. I felt I had no choice but to find an alternate path for him. My son has stomach aches all the time and he was a nervous wreck.

I can not tell you how many people sit back and think.... "The poor child has no socialization." This is the first band wagon most people jump on, but they don't think about all the bullies in school or negative experiences which a child may be subject to which includes peer pressure. Some may say that you are not preparing your child for the real world because this world can be a cruel place. All I can say is my son and I had some really happy and worth while experiences that no amount of tax dollars can recoup. We went on field trips and I did things I know I would not have done had he been in the public school district. He had an interest in dolphins at the time and he was able to focus on that and learn about it and the jobs. Would he have done this if he were in public school? I don't think so.

Perhaps some unschooling parents can give us some idea of what life is like for them. I think we might all be surprised. Yet I wouldn't pass judgement on unschooling due to one family that you see on the internet. That is the whole idea here.... to learn and to open yourselves up to learning new ways of doing things.
I'm sure we could easily pass judgement on the teacher who threw a desk and I could say the public school system is a nightmare due to ONE person. JMO

Mystique42's photo
Wed 04/21/10 05:35 AM
I honestly would like another cup of coffee! drinker
I believe if you want a good relationship then being tactful is certainly the way to go. I think you can be honest without being cruel. I guess we all have our own way of handling issues... so to each his own!

Mystique42's photo
Tue 04/20/10 02:25 PM
One thing I've learned about schooling is that all children to not learn in the same manner. School districts do not have the time or money to teach each child in the manner that suits their learning ability. Many people don't think about different learning styles.

As for socialization in our schools today. I don't know about you but I believe schools today are a scary place with guns, drugs, teachers who don't believe in God, and I guess I could get on a soap box on this subject. There are good homeschooling parents who really do get their children interacting with the community and such. Many people are just misinformed and may not even understand. There are also support groups for homeschoolers. I know because at one point in my life I pulled one of my children out of school when a teacher threw a desk against the wall and my child hid under beds and really was terrified to go back to school. He was an elementary student at the time.

We all have gifts and interests and it really does depend upon the student. Unschooling is really about finding that childs interests and letting him or her learn in their style of learning. As a child you instinctively want to learn and explore just as a child learns to crawl then walk. He or she is curious about their surroundings.

Not everyone is into sports anymore than everyone wants to learn a musical instrument. I'm sure parents can agree that not ALL interactions with other students is good either in public schools.
I do know that from my own experience, homeschooling does make you closer to your children. You are aware of what they are learning on a daily basis and you can nudge them along. With my other kids who were not homeschooled I really didn't know much of what they were doing on a daily basis.

I believe that people should be allowed to decide how their child is schooled. Often it can be a religous choice as well because many homeschoolers do teach their children about the bible. They teach their kids about every day living. You know I was surprised when my daughter who went to public school didn't have a clue how to do a check or checkbook. I had counted on the public school system to be teaching my child and didn't even realize she didn't know things she should have known.

What I don't like is people who just pass judgements on others when they have no clue what homeschooling is. You can even do charter schools from home where a child has a teacher and does their work online and yes they do have opportunities to meet other kids who are just like them. The thing is there are many ways to school a child, but when you grow up in public school often you don't think outside of the box unless you know someone who is doing it.

We are all individuals so what works for one child, may not work for another. I don't know much about unschooling and I guess I just preferred to have a set schedule because it just seemed easier for me to keep track of things. I do know that as a proactive parent who schooled from home you are doing things with your kids that other parents aren't. Each day can be very exciting and you really don't know until you try it. It's not easy, but what in life worth doing comes easy anyway? Homeschooling was a fantastic experience, although I can't speak about unschooling since I didn't choose that route.

Mystique42's photo
Tue 04/20/10 01:56 PM
Thanks Terri! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! I haven't been doing much writing lately. drinker

Mystique42's photo
Tue 04/20/10 06:25 AM
I have a son with Down syndrome who is six years old and has decided to take up spitting. He seems to just spit for no reason. Yesterday I was putting him on the potty and he just spit right into my hair. He's been in his car seat and done the same thing. He'll be watching tv and spit at it so now I have plexi glass on my tv. Any ideas?

Mystique42's photo
Tue 04/20/10 06:21 AM
Good morning all.... looks like sunny day here! YAY!!!!flowerforyou

Mystique42's photo
Tue 04/20/10 05:51 AM
Edited by Mystique42 on Tue 04/20/10 06:46 AM
Oh to just have a dinner date,
A place where lovers mingle,
To feel the butterflies within,
As if he were Chris Kringle.

Someone who is a present,
A gift from God above,
One who longs to embace life,
Sharing who he is with love.

Alone I set the table,
Two place settings did I lay,
With hope for the future,
That magical some day.

A table set for two,
Vanilla candles kissing the air,
A lace topped cozy table,
A mountain view for two to stare.

Beautiful concoctions,
Wafting of homemade apple pie,
Warm bread in wicker baskets,
A feast filling the eye.

A table set for two,
All in the minds own eye,
Wishing to only share it,
With one spectacular guy.

Dust settled on the table,
Still I know the dream awaits,
In God's time it will happen,
Just have to keep the faith.

SDF April 20, 2010

Mystique42's photo
Tue 04/20/10 05:27 AM
Hello! I think I need some more coffee... forgot the topic. Oh well?ohwell I've been gone awhile as well.

Mystique42's photo
Tue 04/20/10 05:22 AM
Good Morning all! Hope you have a super day! How are you doing Charles???? flowerforyou flowerforyou drinker