Community > Posts By > Mystique42

Mystique42's photo
Tue 08/13/13 08:53 AM
Just thought I'd drop in to say hello! I'm raising my son with Down syndrome who recently was given a P.D.D. diagnosis. Anyone else have a similar situation?

Mystique42's photo
Sun 08/04/13 08:29 AM
:banana: :heart: :banana:

Mystique42's photo
Sat 08/03/13 06:26 PM
Always hoping to win... so far "nuttin honey"

Mystique42's photo
Sat 08/03/13 06:23 PM
Smurfs 2.... took my child to see it and it was pretty good.

Mystique42's photo
Sat 08/03/13 06:21 PM
I was told recently that they learned what strength was through watching me deal with my life.

Mystique42's photo
Sat 08/03/13 06:19 PM
My little boy with Down syndrome gave me a big squeeze and tons of kisses.... quite a bit of love and I could feel the wealth in his little arms. I am SO blessed.

Mystique42's photo
Thu 12/06/12 03:14 PM
I think I'm stuck in the 1940's to 1950's as I still believe a stay at home mom is a huge asset to her children. I'm also old fashioned when it comes to courting and beaus.

Mystique42's photo
Thu 12/06/12 03:12 PM
I definitely find intelligence to be a turn on along with wit! I need to be able to converse with someone who understands what I am saying.

Mystique42's photo
Mon 12/03/12 07:27 PM
add me please.... thank you! My address did change.

Mystique42's photo
Mon 12/03/12 07:18 PM
I have had guys who are as old or even younger than my own children try to talk to me. I am not interested in dating anyone as old as my kids... wrong answer for me. I think it really is a personal choice and 'to each their own'.

Mystique42's photo
Mon 12/03/12 07:13 PM
thinking I should be reading my college class material... oh well.

Mystique42's photo
Mon 12/03/12 07:11 PM
I am single because I deserved honesty and a loving relationship. My little boy deserves to feel safe, secure, and loved and to have good examples... and that is reason enough.

Mystique42's photo
Sun 12/02/12 06:41 PM

I repeat my last entry, if a guys worth his salt at all
Then he's doing what it takes.

I could not agree more... And if they are not or being with them makes you feel as if your missing something...most likely you are..

I'm one that normally if it is not there within the first few months then it is time to move on.

As far as doing the little things those are the things that keeps a relationship alive ....that is along as it is done by both...

Myself I'm not to much into the flowers heck just do something nice ask me if I want a glass of tea when they are getting one..it is things like that in the long run that means the most. As far as opening the door I don't expect it but I do enjoy it...A man/woman that can not show another kindness or can show that they think about the other on can make or break a relationship...whoa
I totally agree with this and it's the thoughts that count. I stuck a note in his pocket for him to find after he left.... but I feel like I'm the only one doing this stuff and I guess it worries me.

Mystique42's photo
Sun 12/02/12 06:38 PM

not about the paying so much as leading. Im not for sale n such. Oh, I see you may have misread me when I said 'planning' maybe you thought it said paying.

You said: "going dutch is the best way to enter the friend zone."

So, from that, I would think that you want him to pay, so that it won't go into the friend zone and that you know he's interested.

Sure, it's nice when guys can plan great dates. I can't speak for others, but I like planning dates sometimes, too. And sometimes, it's fun to plan them together as well.

Ya, but you seem to be stuck on money. the dutch comment was in reply to the other comments about it. Sometimes things that cost money are less interesting to me. I asked one date if we could just pack sandwiches and go to the river to hang out and he insisted on a restaraunt. We werent such a good match and this kinda illustrated that. I hated the restaraunt and even told him so. I never needed him to pay for anything, just to show interest in making me happy too.

I have to say I wasn't exactly thrilled to go and see the movie Lincoln but I figured I'd let him choose the movie cus I believe it is about wanting to be together. However my old fashioned values are still intact. Yet I am reexamining those values cus my ex was Prince Charming and in the end none of that mattered. I am seeking the fella who communicates and is willing to weed out the garden when the relationship needs tending to. We live in a throw away society and I certainly hoped for that relationship that lasted fifty years.

Mystique42's photo
Sun 12/02/12 03:09 PM
smoking, being late and not calling, lying

Mystique42's photo
Sun 12/02/12 03:04 PM
family

Mystique42's photo
Sun 12/02/12 02:58 PM

going dutch is the best way to enter the friend zone. flowers are great. reciprocation is great too. every 4th dinner you could plan but the other 3 should be his or he is not taking on a masculine role which you seem to be ruminating on. Its a matter of preference tho. Know what you want and if he wants something else its just not a match, nothing to be hurt over...you both are at a loss, not just him, and both of you should get back on the market.

I disagree. Though if you're spending too much time worrying over who is paying, chances are you aren't a great match. I just don't agree that him paying or not makes him more or less masculine, or that going Dutch means you're friends.

I agree that who pays doesn't constitute a relationship or a friendship, but the question is on the little things when dating... perhaps flowers, opening doors, the little things that say I AM THINKING about you. A card, a phone call or a text... those kinds of things.

Mystique42's photo
Sun 12/02/12 02:51 PM

italianman maybe ur right. I told him something feels off before seeing him yesterday. I have seen him for a month and a part of me is just real unhappy cus of the lack of these little gestures which can be superficial in some ways. I say this because I married a guy who acted like Prince Charming, but then he lied and had compulsive issues so it wasn't even real.

We went to Hershey yesterday and he didn't even offer to pick up my ticket. He wants to come for Christmas but I guess Im afraid Ill be paying for dinner and putting forth all the effort.

maybe he feels the long commute is enough of a contribution. have you gone first and made small gestures that he had not reciprocated? If so it may not work for u....

main thing is if ur not happy - take a break

u could suggest meeting 1/2 way during the holidays & see if he offers any suggestions then the burden would not be on u to play hostess every time. He also needs to realize that playing hostess is just as large a contribution as commuting.

Yes I have made invitations for a romantic dinner with a menu with choices for him, I took him out for seafood for his birthday, and I set up a sitter so we could go dancing but he didn't want to go dancing so he chose a movie to go to... Lincoln. I told him it would be nice if he could cook once/ even if we cook together and he stated he could make pancakes the next day but then my son ate sausages and he said my son ate. My son has Downs and doesn't eat pancakes. He did buy Reeses for my son. Yet I feel like he is dating my son.

Mystique42's photo
Sun 12/02/12 11:50 AM
Edited by Mystique42 on Sun 12/02/12 11:54 AM
flowerforyou my question is based on flowers and small gestures. What is popular opinion on such things?

Mystique42's photo
Sun 12/02/12 10:42 AM
italianman maybe ur right. I told him something feels off before seeing him yesterday. I have seen him for a month and a part of me is just real unhappy cus of the lack of these little gestures which can be superficial in some ways. I say this because I married a guy who acted like Prince Charming, but then he lied and had compulsive issues so it wasn't even real.

We went to Hershey yesterday and he didn't even offer to pick up my ticket. He wants to come for Christmas but I guess Im afraid Ill be paying for dinner and putting forth all the effort.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25