Mystique42's photo
Sat 01/21/12 08:47 PM
drinker

Mystique42's photo
Sat 01/21/12 08:47 PM
pin

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/20/12 07:56 PM
This is one of my favorite poems..... love it.

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/20/12 07:51 PM
Prayers are being sent! Hope things continue to improve. Hugs...

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/20/12 12:49 PM
My mom was diagnosed with MRSA after being in a nursing home awhile back. Now they are saying she has active MRSA and can't be in the same nursing home/room with my stepdad who has dementia. Anyway, they were together not too long ago in this same home, but then she was hospitalized with pneumonia again. Now he had pneumonia before entering the nursing home too. The nursing home is saying this last hospital tested her positive for MRSA.... and I just don't get it because I would think he'd have it too considering they have lived together with both of them being on oxygen.

Another thing how do I protect my child and myself from MRSA? Last I knew her MRSA was related to her lungs, not outer skin.

The nursing home told my sister that they could not test my stepdad for mrsa because there is no reason to. I just find that to be an excuse. Their 40th anniversary is coming up in Feb. and he had asked her to marry him when she was in the hospital. He may forget things, but he never forgets her... he always says "I love that girl and I want to make sure she is taken care of."

I feel there is an injustice happening considering he served in three branches of the armed service and has done public service as well. They deserve to be together.... she is in the ending stages of COPD. (lung disease)

Mystique42's photo
Thu 01/19/12 07:51 PM
A bit of a set back today. Last night I went to see my stepdad and the admissions girl came in and said she had great news... she told him and I that my mom would be coming tomorrow and she gave a time. Then today I was told that my mom did not come and that they put her in an entirely different nursing home. I am very upset with this. They say my mom has MRSA.... but ya know, she had MRSA years ago with the first nursing home... they are saying the MRSA is active and since he has a catheter they can't be together. I think this is nonsense and I am very upset because their 40th anniversary is approaching and he seems to do so much better with her around. He tells me how he 'loves that girl and just wants to know she is taken care of... he asks if she still has that house (their home)." All I know is that this is heartbreaking.... they both had pneumonia and the nursing home is saying it's the state law to test for MRSA and that no record of MRSA came with him.... but the thing is they were together in this nursing home before she ended up in the hospital again.... something is amiss. I'm having a hard time buying the MRSA excuse because common sense says they have hugged, kissed, and shared germs.... both were on oxygen too. Am I wrong?

Mystique42's photo
Wed 01/18/12 07:25 PM
Edited by Mystique42 on Wed 01/18/12 07:29 PM
Update: My mom is suppose to go back to the nursing home with my stepdad tomorrow. A few days ago he went to the hospital and asked her to marry him again... their 40th anniversary is coming up on Feb 12th. He always talks about my mother and how much he 'loves that girl'. He mentions how he just wants to know she is taken care of, and boy she is such a lucky lady! Even though my mom will go back to the nursing home, I know she is in the ending stages of COPD... which is lung disease for those who don't know.

I think my parents should be able to renew their vows. It's admirable that they have been together so long... through thick and thin.

The student I was working with who was such a high risk with biting, and grabbing heads is now in a new place for treatment. I was given a child who is far from my last student and biggest behavior is hugging, kissing others or speaking out loud and interrupting teacher or getting off task. I'm actually feeling quite out of place since I am use to one on one teaching now, and today I watched an entire class for one teacher. I also go from room to room and attend specials which I never did before. It's a huge change for me, but it's a good thing knowing I won't be attacked. Principal mentioned he just feels the other student will be back in a week.
I am thankful for the break, but also feeling like I need to go back to sixth grade again! lol I guess I'm getting a second education and boy have things changed since I've been in school.

Mystique42's photo
Mon 01/16/12 03:28 PM
:angel: waving

Mystique42's photo
Sun 01/15/12 08:15 PM

Went to get my stepdad to take him to the hospital to see my mom... he has dementia. I saw my mom and boy she was looking really good, and then she said she had to use the bedpan.... she has runny stools now.... but when I went back in to see her.... what a huge change! She was out of breathe and struggling and boy this just stinks to high heavens watching her like this. I walked in that room with so much hope and left feeling horrible. Her memory isn't good either because she forgot my stepdad saw her yesterday with my aunt.

She doesn't seem to understand why she is where she is either. They say she has pneumonia.... so that must have never cleared up since they had released her to a nursing home.

I embrace the little things, and I am praying for a better job because that has me all stressed out to high heavens. I deal with an autistic students who grabs heads and tries to bite people, she self induces vomitting, smears feces, and my coworker left last week with a dislocated shoulder. All I can say is I need a much better paying job with less risk since my little boy needs me to take care of him and being hurt is not an option. Sigh... I dread work tomorrow since the strongest member of the team is now out for a few days.

Mystique42

God's Blessings to you and yours!!!

May The Lord give you strength for each new day.
And shed His light upon your way.
May He bring others to relieve you of your heavy load.
Lots of hugs and hands to hold.
Above all, His Spirit upon you rest as a dove
and give comfort and peace to those you love.

In Jesus Name,
Amen!

CeriseRose

Thank you CeriseRose for that wonderful poem! Beautiful!

Mystique42's photo
Sun 01/15/12 04:42 PM
Went to get my stepdad to take him to the hospital to see my mom... he has dementia. I saw my mom and boy she was looking really good, and then she said she had to use the bedpan.... she has runny stools now.... but when I went back in to see her.... what a huge change! She was out of breathe and struggling and boy this just stinks to high heavens watching her like this. I walked in that room with so much hope and left feeling horrible. Her memory isn't good either because she forgot my stepdad saw her yesterday with my aunt.

She doesn't seem to understand why she is where she is either. They say she has pneumonia.... so that must have never cleared up since they had released her to a nursing home.

I embrace the little things, and I am praying for a better job because that has me all stressed out to high heavens. I deal with an autistic students who grabs heads and tries to bite people, she self induces vomitting, smears feces, and my coworker left last week with a dislocated shoulder. All I can say is I need a much better paying job with less risk since my little boy needs me to take care of him and being hurt is not an option. Sigh... I dread work tomorrow since the strongest member of the team is now out for a few days.

Mystique42's photo
Sat 01/14/12 08:28 PM
flowerforyou :banana:

Mystique42's photo
Sat 01/14/12 08:08 PM
Four am I received a call from my sister saying my mom was being rushed to the ER because she couldn't breathe. She is now in a hospital. I went to her house to retrieve her cat who is huge and reminds me of garfield... and boy was that an experience! The cat has always been one to hide and not really get too involved with people. I just hope she feels safe right now with me here. The poor thing has been staying under my bed and it's a big adjustment since she use to have my mom's dog to play with on occassion. My sister told me that before she decided to send my mom to the nursing home that hospice was mentioned as an alternative. Yet noone said she was terminal exactly. I guess hearing that this is the worst case of COPD that a doc has ever seen is something else.... and it reminds me that miracles do happen. My mom has been ill for a long time.... since 1996 when she almost died then. We have been so blessed to have her. Hugs to all of you who are praying... means a great deal to all of us.

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/13/12 08:55 PM
Terry.... another fantastic write! You are so right, and it seems to be so sad.

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/13/12 08:43 PM
Welcome to Mingle.... many wonderful people on here! I, too, am a BBW.

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/13/12 08:35 PM
Take my hand and walk with me, In a forest deep, Thicket laid in harmony, Serenity there I keep,

Birds come calling as I wait, Knowing HE will call, I feel the grandour all around, For the Lord he's made it all.

Escape the pain and burdon, Run with me through the fields, Of daisys in a meadow, When we escape what life did deal.
Come with me through bubbling streams, Sleigh with me through the snow, Where ever that we choose to go, May my loved ones always know...

Love has no time or place, It has no specific season, It's one thing we can't erase, No matter what we think our reason.

Find some laughter in a song, Feel the breeze blow through your hair, Know one day when heaven calls, Love remains in memories here.

Sparkling stars will light the sky, In heaven just for you, So wipe away your tears of grief, For one day HE comes for you.

For today-this moment, Inhale the beauty of a life, Nothing will wipe away memories, Of Mother, sister, friend... wife.

Oops needed to make some corrections to this. My mom is in a nursing home and struggles to breathe. I wrote this with her in mind.

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/13/12 08:11 PM

Hello... today was Noah's birthday and so I took the birthday cake to my parents in the nursing home... they are at least united now. Thing is my mom is not doing well at all. She told me she can't eat and they had her on the cpap mask before dinner. I find this to be heart breaking and I guess I'm just afraid she is slipping away. I know right now she'd tell me she lived a good life, cus I've heard her say this to me before. My stepdad is in his own world, but he amazes me every now and then with a joke or what have you. I know he is very happy to see us when we come.

I am certainly praying for God's best right now.
:heart: :heart: :heart: May I say first HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR LITTLE MAN NOAH..Big HUGS,,and then Please know my PRAYERS are being said for you and your mom,,and lastly let me TRY and tell you that reading your words here in your post,,and of your mothers terrible fight and struggle to just live and breathe..I have NOW,,after forty years of waiting I have stopped smoking, even witnessed my best-friends death,,at his bedside,,I was never moved more to DO,,than in your words here for your Mom..Thank you,,and its only been two days now,,that I've stopped,,but THATS the first two days NOT,,in Forty years...MAY YOUR MOTHER FEEL GOD'S MERCY AND PEACE,,AND BE FREE FROM HER PAIN...:heart:

Terry, I will keep you in my prayers because I know it is not easy to stop smoking, but I do believe you CAN do it. If I wished anything for others, it is that they find the strength to quit smoking so that the future isn't the same as my mom's has been. It is horrible watching my mom suffer as she has, and she takes anxiety pills because when you can't breathe it is a very scary thing. Last time I saw her she said she couldn't eat... and I told her that isn't good and she said "I know". Terry, one day at a time!

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/13/12 08:06 PM
Prayers being sent for your Dad, and family.

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/13/12 07:08 PM
Take my hand and walk with me, In a forest deep, Thicket laid in harmony, Serenity there I keep,

Birds come calling as I wait, Knowing HE will call, I feel the grandour all around, For the Lord he's made it all.

Escape the pain and burdon, Run with me through the fields, Of daisys in a meadow, When we escape what life did deal.
Come with me through bubbling streams, Sleigh with me through the snow, Where ever that we choose to go, May my loved ones always know...

Love has no time or place, It has no specific season, It's one thing we can't erase, No matter what we think our reason.

Find some laughter in a song, Feel the breeze blow through your hair, Know one day when heaven calls, Love remains in memories here.

Sparkling stars will light the sky, In heaven just for you, So wipe away your tears of grief, For one day HE comes for you.

For today-this moment, Inhale the beauty of a life, Nothing will wipe away memories, Of Mother, sister, friend... wife.

SDF 1/13/12

Mystique42's photo
Thu 01/12/12 07:06 PM
Hello... today was Noah's birthday and so I took the birthday cake to my parents in the nursing home... they are at least united now. Thing is my mom is not doing well at all. She told me she can't eat and they had her on the cpap mask before dinner. I find this to be heart breaking and I guess I'm just afraid she is slipping away. I know right now she'd tell me she lived a good life, cus I've heard her say this to me before. My stepdad is in his own world, but he amazes me every now and then with a joke or what have you. I know he is very happy to see us when we come.

I am certainly praying for God's best right now.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25