Community > Posts By > murphysstrings

murphysstrings's photo
Thu 11/17/16 03:22 PM
I can't believe I read the whole thing. But I did it for you, Rock, because you requested that we read the article before commenting. But frankly, I had difficulty getting past the first few paragraphs. As a whole, I found the article difficult to read/poorly written; I.e, passive voice, gerunds, confused present and past tense sentence construction, irrelevent info, too much info; And the author failed to provide a single credible attribution. Who is JC Collins, and why should I take his word on any of this? On a lighter note: I sure hope they nail Soros.

flowerforyou

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/13/16 05:35 PM
Happy B-day!

waving

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/13/16 05:32 PM
Denver

smokin

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/13/16 05:18 PM
Obamacare was designed to deplete American financial reserves. Traditionally, no $ means no political voice.

The elite began buying up media outlets --in earnest, circa 2000. Traditionally, no media outlet means no political voice.

What nobody expected was Trump's ability to circumvent both suppressive strategies, resulting in his delivering his message and securing the presidency via alternative media, at minimal cost. :laughing:

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/13/16 04:42 PM
waving

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/13/16 04:26 PM
Edited by murphysstrings on Sun 11/13/16 04:29 PM
Censor myself? Who me? Whatever for? And to those of you compelled to ask why I say 'because I know me, and how it's all just a vicious cycle... and unfricknbelievable some of the $h!t I say. And I really don't give a flying fig newton' --unless of course somebody walks by, upon which time I realize I've been speaking outloud, queued by their mentioning meds and always about how I'm three hrs late for mine. Then it occurs to me ever so fleetingly how at times like those, I really should censor whatever it is I have to say. But only fleetingly mind you because after all, and by that time, I'm the only one still speaking to me anyway.

whoa

Edited because Mingle censored the way I spelled the vernacular word for feces.huh

murphysstrings's photo
Sat 11/12/16 11:55 AM
Uncle Ted

murphysstrings's photo
Sat 11/12/16 11:54 AM

:smile: Women may be able to fake an orgasm. But men can fake a whole relationship.

laugh rofl rofl laugh

murphysstrings's photo
Sat 11/12/16 06:31 AM
Love is not wanting to be with anyone else. Love between two people is neither wanting to be with anyone else.

murphysstrings's photo
Fri 11/11/16 03:12 PM

Yeah. I'll pass.

You'll pass on innocence?...
naughty naughty

So which are you today? The pot or the kettle?

shades

murphysstrings's photo
Fri 11/11/16 01:30 PM
Yeah. I'll pass.

murphysstrings's photo
Fri 11/11/16 04:17 AM

I've been called Daddy...but I have no children.tongue2

Case in point, my 13 yr old daughter happened to glance at your post as she walked by. "That's just stupid," said my little gatekeeper. laugh

murphysstrings's photo
Thu 11/10/16 04:58 PM

What is the "hotwife lifestyle"?

Per google. Basically the wife gets to sleep with who she wants. While the husband sleeps only with his wife.

hotwife? ... sounds like a slut to me..

Yeah.

murphysstrings's photo
Wed 11/09/16 02:03 PM
Change your perspective.

murphysstrings's photo
Mon 11/07/16 05:52 PM

http://www.inverse.com/article/23268-naked-black-hole-streaks-through-space
Black holes are mysterious cosmic monsters, shrouded in a thick veil of gas and dust. They lurk in the heart of galaxies, waiting to gobble up stars that get too close, before belching deadly x-rays in satisfaction. However, astronomers recently spotted a strange black hole, streaking through space.

At first glance, this rogue specimen just seemed out of place, but upon further study, astronomers realized they had stumbled upon the remains of a grisly cosmic scene. Unlike most black holes, the subject in question — dubbed B3 1715+425 — was not in the center of a galaxy. Even more surprisingly, it appeared to be "naked", meaning it was devoid of a black hole's typical stellar shroud.

"We've not seen anything like this before," James Condon, an astronomer at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory and lead author of the study, said in a news release.

B3 1715+425 is a supermassive black hole residing on the fringes of an unusually small, faint galaxy. Like most supermassive black holes, it was doing its thing, munching on stars and spewing out deadly x-rays when it overindulged. That routine continued for billions of years until B3 1715+425's host galaxy slammed into a larger galaxy.

This type of cosmic collision is commonplace, especially within larger galaxy clusters, like ZwCl 8193, where B3 1715+425's galaxy lives. Astronomers think that the largest galaxies in the universe formed through galaxy mergers. Typically when galaxies merge, the two black holes within those galaxies take part in a dramatic orbital dance, with the pair orbiting each other until they eventually combine. (The LIGO experiment saw proof of this last September).

Most of the time, this merging process seems to go rather smoothly, as nearly all galaxies host a supermassive black hole, the majority of which are located at the galactic center. However, in the case of B3 1715+425 something went very wrong. B3 1715+425 was stripped of its stars as it tried to escape the clutches of a larger galaxy, and astronomers caught it in the act.

Using the National Science Foundation's Very Long Baseline Array (VBLA) — a network of ten 25-meter dish antennas spread across the globe and operated out of New Mexico — astronomers clocked the rogue behemoth racing away from the cosmic collision at more than 2,000 miles per second.

"We were looking for orbiting pairs of supermassive black holes, with one offset from the center of a galaxy, as telltale evidence of a previous galaxy merger," Condon said. "Instead, we found this black hole fleeing from the larger galaxy and leaving a trail of debris behind it."

As it streaks through space, B3 1715+425 is steadily hemorrhaging ionized gas — the fuel needed to form new stars. Once that gas supply is gone, the galaxy will become invisible, which astronomers expect to see in the next billion years.

Are there other black holes like B3 1715+425 out there? Condon and team think there are, and they will be scanning the cosmos with the VBLA to find them.

I'm confused by the term fleeing. Given the gravitational pull inherent to mass, which causes bodies to attract-- and accounts for the stripping, how does one conclude that the smaller is 'fleeing'? Aren't they just continuing their incidental trajectories, with the larger consuming the smaller's satellite bodies as they're overtaken by the gravitational pull of the larger, which is travelling at a higher velocity?

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/06/16 03:53 PM
:cry: If Hitlery wins.

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/06/16 03:41 PM

Yeah. That's true that most profiles aren't worth reading and it's also true that even if you have read it you might still ask questions like, "What are you looking for?" because you're trying to have a conversation and just maybe you want to see if their messages match their profiles.

I'm sure that we would all love to have all of someone on the internet's attention and may even feel entitled to it but that's not really the way it works. Don't assume that your profile or emails are well written or that interesting. You may as well be a man and quite possibly could be for all I know.

I'm sure that we all get annoyed by poorly written emails that we get but why does someone's ability to correspond like this matter so much if you're looking for a real person with real interests and not just a penpal? You can't both have someone that likes spending a lot of time on the internet and somebody that isn't an undatable loser.

You make valid points, tawtstrat.

Pic or not, I weed out potential matches according to whether they meet minimal age, non-smoking and location criteria. Also I like men who are a little reserved and even occasionally cantankerous, so their merely saying hi could be just because they're slow to warm up. Hence, I'll message them too. But once we've talked for a while, if the guy doesn't prove to be intelligent, articulate, ethical, capable, reliable, moderately health-conscious, apprized of world events, emotionally available, witty and reciprocatively tolerant of my own Gemini quirkiness, I'm not interested. Soul mate location outlook: Glum.

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/06/16 05:03 AM
I am here to be... difficult.flowerforyou

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/06/16 04:58 AM

I am here to be... difficult.flowerforyou

Allow me to elaborate:

dif·fi·cult
ˈdifəkəlt/
adjective

needing much effort or skill to accomplish, deal with, or understand.
"she had a difficult decision to make"
synonyms: hard, strenuous, arduous, laborious, tough, onerous, burdensome, demanding, punishing, grueling, back-breaking, exhausting, tiring, fatiguing, wearisome; More
characterized by or causing hardships or problems.
"a difficult economic climate"
synonyms: inconvenient, awkward, inopportune, unfavorable, unfortunate, inappropriate, unsuitable, untimely, ill-timed More
(of a person) not easy to please or satisfy.
"Lily could be difficult"
synonyms: troublesome, tiresome, trying, exasperating, awkward, demanding, perverse, contrary, recalcitrant, unmanageable, obstreperous, unaccommodating, unhelpful, uncooperative, disobliging; More

...hope that clears things up for everyone.

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/06/16 04:49 AM

You know men don't know how to read. Men can't read but three letters: S,E and X.
Don't ask me why, I don't know... Maybe you can WOMANSPLAIN it for us? huh

Men read the pictures then wonder why they're ignored for asking stupid questions like, 'So what do you like to do?' slaphead

spock You know, then... explode They're just damn f'n asking for it. smokin