Community > Posts By > murphysstrings

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 12/04/16 12:43 PM
It's not your fault. I have some healing to do.

murphysstrings's photo
Wed 11/30/16 05:19 PM
:heart:

murphysstrings's photo
Mon 11/28/16 04:26 AM
Because I like to observe, closely analyze and either interpret or reproduce subjects to exacting detail. It's my way of interacting with the environment. No other field would allow me to do that.

murphysstrings's photo
Thu 11/24/16 07:26 AM
I think the connectivity the movie Avatar depicts, i.e. between each other and the elemental universe, is pretty accurate. I surmize that some people are more aware than others, though, and animals are more aware than humans. I love this topic.

murphysstrings's photo
Wed 11/23/16 02:57 PM
Edited by murphysstrings on Wed 11/23/16 03:04 PM

Um who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sQKJlR9aTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fGiLEl43M4

Here's a nicer one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEH_ZjyMs7I

murphysstrings's photo
Wed 11/23/16 02:43 PM
I got a little pile of tin.
I ain't sure what shape it's in.
Gots four wheels and a running board.
It's a four door. It's a Ford.
Honk Honk, rattle rattle, crash, beep-beep!

This isn't mine. I plagiarized it from someone; I know not whom. Just thought it fit real well here!

:smile:

murphysstrings's photo
Wed 11/23/16 02:40 PM
Yes, this is true. He even met with them before announcing his intention to run for office.

murphysstrings's photo
Wed 11/23/16 02:26 PM
I've tried soapstone and alabaster. They're both soft, and you can actually carve them with just a needle or even a harder wood like maple or oak. You could use toothpics for that matter. You'd just wear them out really fast. I've done mezzo-relief, bass relief and in the round. Very nice once you've added beeswax, linseed oil or olive oil, etc. Granite is too hard for me to work. So is jade. I don't have the strength in my hands for either. Power tools are an option, but in my opinion, less personal. Sedimentary rock, like limestone and sandstone are easy to work but, because they're so porous/absorbant, you can't get as lustrous a finish as you can get w/ soapstone or alabaster.

murphysstrings's photo
Mon 11/21/16 07:42 PM
Eating right and staying active are important for men and women. That said, I find confident men attractive; six packs, like batteries, not required.

murphysstrings's photo
Mon 11/21/16 07:12 PM
I do Pilates along w/ a youtube video. Some of the moves are from Yoga. It's addictive.

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 05:05 PM
I just tried to watch the OUIJA Summoning movie Friday night. Point in fact, it really, really sucked. Horrible Acting. None-the-less, it scared the bejeevers out of me. (I can't do scary anything. My imagination is too vivid.) As far as actually trying to use a OUIJA board, I did when I was young. It moved, and I didn't cause it. I wouldn't try it again, though. Not knowing what I know now.

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 04:31 PM
Edited by murphysstrings on Sun 11/20/16 04:45 PM
Love Runs Out - OneRepublic

Counting Stars - OneRepublic

Where the Devil Don't Go - Elle King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sQKJlR9aTI
:tongue:

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 09:50 AM
I agree w/ NotPay.

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 09:36 AM

flowerforyou

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 07:14 AM
Some threads one just knows to leave alone...

ohwell

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 07:08 AM

The winter Olympics in Lake Placid

And the " miracle on ice", when the American non pro hockey team beat Russian professional team..

And I don't even care for hockey... but that was spectacular, as was the rest of the games.

Yeah, I agree re: Miracle on Ice

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 07:07 AM
Garfield the Cat

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 07:04 AM

i can see theres a meeting of the tongues here lol

I may be a bit "Superficial" but Maxsterx tongue needs to choose an area not occupied by my tongue

noway laugh flowerforyou <<<-----You Win the graphic imagery prize for the day!!! Now, all I have to do is get it out of my head!!! frustrated

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 06:38 AM

in the context of this thread, 'brain' is being referenced literally

an adolescents brain is more developed than a toddlers but not nearly as much as a senior citizens

and a senior citizens brain is no longer 'developing', therefore much less open to learn or retain new things

Human brains are 'plastic', which means neurons perpetually prune and reroute throughout the lifespan.

American Brain Foundation - americanbrainfoundation.org‎
Adwww.americanbrainfoundation.org/‎
Funding the best researchers dedicated to finding cures.
Highlights: Trusted Resources, Funding For Clinical Research…
Search Results
Image result for about brain plasticity
You may have heard that the brain is plastic. As you know. the brain is not made of plastic…Neuroplasticity, or brain plasticity, refers to the brain's ability to CHANGE throughout life. The human brain has the amazing ability to reorganize itself by forming new connections between brain cells (neurons).Feb 26, 2008

murphysstrings's photo
Sun 11/20/16 06:34 AM
The America wherein I grew up realized that words don't hurt and fingers aren't loaded. Therefore, the only appropriate measure in determining illegal/censurable activity is whether you've physically harmed someone, stolen from them or destroyed their property. Everything else is PC BS.

Previous 1 3 4 5