Community > Posts By > InfinityG37

no photo
Tue 07/26/16 06:29 PM
Having a background in I.T. and programming, the fix is simple and mingle and is just being lazy. It's a database meaning there is SQL language. This forum for instance is a database.

Why not ask two more questions when creating a new members profile. Do you wish to search beyond your country/state/province/city? Do you wish to be visible to members not in your selected search area? It is so stupid the way they set these up, for us, that is. It's all about the mighty dollar.

Look at what you see on the homepage, there are adds for Asian and Russian and so on.

Wonder if they'll delete this post, as seems to be the norm around here.

no photo
Fri 07/22/16 07:07 PM
I would move to Peachland, British Columbia in a heartbeat. In the mountains, it's warm, fresh fruits and vegatables this time of year. Tons of local wineries, and the people are great.

no photo
Thu 07/21/16 07:46 PM
I have friends all over the US, good people. And I have traveled a lot in the US and one thing is for certain, Americans, and sorry to generalize, know very little about Canada to the north, rather than any other country. I have met Americans who barely know what's going on beyond they're state. To each their own, just speaking my mind, not meaning to be critical. I mean no offense by this but I always tell it like I see it. From up here, you're elections are comical and there is way too much money spent.

I really shouldn't go here but here goes anyway. I think how you're government is now is far from how it was intended when you're country was conceived. I would like to think that they intended that any American who greatly cared about their country and wanted to serve as president could. Now with the 100's of millions spent, favors owed, etc, government in the US is run by LOBBY.

A comical look at what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhTZ_tgMUdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHON2Zub_2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZE0TuKTpo4

You may want to get out a map of North America

You'll get a laugh I hope....

no photo
Thu 07/21/16 02:38 AM
Online dating is a very cold place from what I can tell from my limited time here on Mingle. Losing my faith in this type of concept very quickly, the streets are a warmer environment.

no photo
Sun 07/17/16 07:52 PM
I'm addicted to breathing, a good cup of coffee my morning ritual, the occasional spirit, or two, getting out in to the real world with real people, some good rock, loud or not, and the sweet sound of a vintage Fender Stratocaster, and writing/recording my music.

Dam, sounds like I'm addicted to life and living. Dating sites, forms, and so on, a nice but quick in and out distraction.

no photo
Fri 07/15/16 06:16 PM
@ CatinIdaho and JustAnotherUserName, You shouldn't give up. I am 3 and 1/2 years removed from when my wife passed away, literally in my arms. Now I am a strong person, but that event knocked the crap out of me, took me to a very dark place, but here I am. That event had me start smoking again, there's one strike against me, but here I am. And I will quit again, but still living life, one step at a time. The phrase, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger is true.

I am most certainly new to this online dating, I live in a small town where the average age is around 70+, which is why I am here. My job has me away from home a lot, I live a busy life. I had the perfect life up until 3 and 1/2 years ago. I know it can happen again and believe that. Just believe in yourself and like me, I'm out there whenever I can hoping lightning strikes twice and I will meet my significant other. This site is but one tool.

When I met my wife I had literally tripped over her in a coffee shop. That is my hope, that chance will find me once again, and by some circumstance, beit online, or in the real world we be provided the opportunity to make something happen.

no photo
Fri 07/15/16 03:24 PM
First off, not looking for sympathy, **** happens to everyone, but I have never been afraid to express myself so here goes. When my wife died, a part of me died with her. Been a hard battle to get where I am now, moving forward. In a way, I am currently reinventing who I am by retaining in part, who I was, and who I would like to be. Just piecing things together as I go. Looking to fill a void, a lady to complete me and inspire me to be better than I am today.

no photo
Fri 07/15/16 03:12 PM
First, the obvious, I would purchase a new home, nothing special beyond on the water. Would purchase maybe an 18 foot aluminum boat with a 50hp motor, and of course, quit my job. Now here is where it gets weird.

I would create a company, buy maybe two additional houses that I would renovate at my leisure. You flip 2 houses a year and if you can't make at least $60,000.00, you're doing something wrong. I would do this every year to keep busy. The rest of my time would be spent writing and recording songs, something I have been doing for over 40 years now. I guess my studio would get an upgrade.

For R&R, I would go fishing, mountain biking, hiking, and get a couple of pets. Only extravagance would be either an Audi R8 Spider, a Nissan GTR, or a Porsche ???? Spider. I would also take my Infinity G37 in, up the HP to 700hp and have some fun with it.

Would I want to flaunt my money no. Only wish is that I stay true to myself, easy going, down to earth, anchored in reality. And yes, if it were a big purse, would donate to helping children, to cancer, which took my wife, and do whatever I can in my new community.

no photo
Thu 07/14/16 05:15 PM
Wow, wasn't expecting this much response, but communication and expressing yourself is a good thing, RIGHT! The more general information a person provides allows the viewer to be better informed and at least in my case, entices my curiosity. Imagine going to a book store and there are 1,000's of books. Many have great pictures on the cover, a little description of what the book is about, etc. Then there are a bunch of books with a catchy picture, but the same title, and nothing to tell you what the book is about.

Which ones would perk your curiosity and would you think, would most likely purchase. Information is power, the power to make an informed decision, the power of choice, and so on.

I think this post best expresses where I am coming from and why, think it's a turn off.

no photo
Tue 07/12/16 05:01 PM
Well thanks for the posts, like I had sated, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Definitely a turn off. Thanks again.

no photo
Sun 07/10/16 08:14 PM
For me, as soon as I read that, big turn off. I'm sure some think it leaves an air of mystery, but really it doesn't. My take, it either shows someone as being too lazy, or lacks the confidence to commit to the process. And a lot of women, maybe men as well, with "I'll tell you later from my short time here have been scammers, or at least, misrepresenting themselves.

We are all entitled to our opinions, so what's yours?

no photo
Sat 07/09/16 05:10 PM
Thank you for the replies, very appreciated. The most confusing part was how they got there. I do agree, from what I am seeing, some are placed there by the site when you click yes on someone. And thank you Blondie111, as some of the women here appear to be a bit snobbish, but of course not all. Good luck to you all.

no photo
Tue 07/05/16 08:39 PM
Edited by InfinityG37 on Tue 07/05/16 08:40 PM
In the search tab, off to the right there are white hearts, some are red. How did the white ones change to red?