Community > Posts By > Shasta1

Shasta1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 09:32 PM

Those killer rabbits can be vicious.

They also have a nasty habit of leaving the bones of their dinner laying everywhere.

laugh :tongue:

Shasta1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 09:26 PM
I have a Ford 150, 6 cy, 1998 Ed Bauer PU. When you look at the gas gauge and it hits the red part, about how much gas/mileage do you actually have left to drive? It's a 20 (?) gal. tank.

The other question is, there are 2 tanks on the truck. The back one got filled also but when I've switched to use the tank, gas is not getting through to the engine. Any ideas why? And suggestions I might do to fix it before trying to get a mechanic to look at it? <$$$ is always a prob>

Shasta1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 09:20 PM
My home planet, cause this sure ain't it.noway

Shasta1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 11:54 AM

Give up? Hell no! This is like fishing. You don't throw the bait out there reel it in then go home. You start drinkin. You get snarls. You snag old tires. You hook a butt cheek with a treble hook. You keep casting till you are too drunk to fish. Then, when you are passed out and getting a blistering sunburn. The fish that you really want to make love too will bite your hook and practically catch its self.

Duh.

laugh :tongue:

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/21/10 09:13 PM
When all have awaked to Conciousness.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/18/10 07:53 AM

Look, you can see my house...

Can you see me waving? waving

LOL. Hey T, did you know in that pic you bear a striking resemblance to Mr. Bean?

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/18/10 07:47 AM
AWAKE!!!!!

Shasta1's photo
Wed 09/15/10 01:32 AM
Am just wondering, with you talking about how he feels, you've never really mentioned how you feel. Some people can be as dense as logs.
Really tho, it is time for you to just say what you've said here. If you are just friends, he won't be hurt and will totally understand your logic. If he wants more, give him the opportuntiy to talk.
Communication is the biggest part of a relationship that people seem to forget or put last on the list. I used to be terrible at thinking another could read my mind by my actions, well...some can and some can't.
If you think you'd like to have a relationship with him, after you ask him, I'd ask him to bring things up alot quicker that are on his mind now that he's found out you don't bite.
Friendships are the best way to start out relationships, you get to really know the person and decide if they are what you want, works for me.

Shasta1's photo
Wed 09/15/10 01:01 AM
I haven't any idea. When we were married, we loved each other. We still do, but in a different way. In todays world, even love isn't enough to hold a marriage together. Love just doesn't seem to be able to carry it's weight anymore. The world is 'too much with us' and is very distracting, for a marriage to work, the main focus needs to be 'we'. Thats a difficult word for most today, especially in relationships. Everyone has gotten too involved in their own world, with technology and what have you, to put in the energy required to make it last. It's a throw away world, we even throw away people for something better, and it may not be another person.

Shasta1's photo
Tue 09/07/10 03:57 AM
I cannot believe you are in Manhattan and bored? I was raised a hour out on the LI, and went into the city every chance.
Museums,Central park, shows, the Village. Get a small dog from a rescue and take him walking, it'll help him stay calm and you get endorphins to work again.
Take a class, you could learn how to do almost anything there, go to poetry readings, movies, the list is endless.
If you can't motivate yourself, you may want to check and see if you have a slight case of depression. Quite the few experiences it least once in their lifetime, do your homework and look into it.
Being angry at something and not addressing it, a person internalizes the emotions and they come back up as sadness/depression.
Best of luck, keep us posted.

Shasta1's photo
Mon 09/06/10 01:44 AM
Edited by Shasta1 on Mon 09/06/10 01:53 AM

Isn't also telling (seemingly) negative people to "stop being negative" is like telling a sick patient in the hospital of "stop being sick and start being healthy!", instead of just giving him right the medicine?

It's like saying "All those bad experiences you went through? They NEVER HAPPENED, so let go of them because there is nothing to be learned there."

I'm sorry, one person's "negative" is another person's "reality." You don't change that through self-delusions.

I was gonna say that about self-delusions. Now, If I would start posting smileys all day when I'm "dissappointed" due to a certain person crossing my path (like this wrinkle-maniac), the people who know me better would know anyway that just not me. That's one thing.

The other thing is..somewhere I mentioned before, that this is hardly about being negative..but usually when I go through a disappointing encounter with someone. While some surpress their negative thoughts, regardless of what it is, let it be relationships or other things in a daily life..I disagree with that. Get it out of your system. The best thing you could do with it is to discuss it and perhaps just get a confirmation, that there are (still) others out there, who thinks differently.

More on this, as I was thinking..somehow I always disagreed with the supposedly "self esteem"- "ego boost" recommendations such as

-Always smile
-Be happy
-Don't sweat the small stuff
-Be positive

I'm not saying, that these things are not good. No, what i'm saying, that it can become like an epidemic, when true feelings, honesty and expression become surpressed after a while, once these things are not used as a guideline anymore, but more like commands.

Homicidial maniacs made that way. How many times have you read the news, when they say someone went on a rampage, "even his co-workers were surprised, because he was a calm one, who never complained and seemed-to be a happy person".

Now, that's an extreme example I know, but really...what I would teach is something different

-Say what you gotta say
-Be honest and tell what you think is wrong
-Talk to someone if something bothers you
-Voice your opinion, even if you think it's bad
-If you feel pressured, let it out

Aren't those just a lot better instead of trying to force this smiley-mask happy costume on everyone, and tell them how to act and feel even though they don't feel that way and just swallow back their opinion, because it might make others feel bad or hurt the "group image" so it's not as appealing anymore?

Yes, and I agree with almost everything you've written here. While in a forum like this, it can be very healthy to let out how you are feeling, you're among people that have gotten to know you a little and visa versa. I do have a problem when people have become verbally aggressive, while I maintain that am working on being more assertive here it can hurt another and am not sure why. Redundancy also seems to entertain people too but thats a whole nother matter<G>. I didn't know you were making light of the woman's constructive criticism laugh until you said so. My apologies for offending anyone.
I do believe in voicing how you are feeling and thinking (pretty obvious here at times) but quite a few people don't know how to take such releases, and will get defensive.

Shasta1's photo
Sun 09/05/10 03:38 AM
home made chocolate chip cookiessmitten

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/04/10 11:55 PM
Having been here for almost a year and quite alot of the same people are online frequently, am wondering do you date locally? Have you gone out with anyone in say, the last 6 months or are you waiting for your knight or lady to suddenly fall from the roof right into M2's forums?laugh . With some, its obvious but for most, like said, am curious. Before you ask, yes, I date local, chat global.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/04/10 11:48 PM
like unemployed school teachers?

Give up?
Because they have no class.laugh laugh smokin
(yes, that was in poor taste but ya know what? It's the truth and I don't care and next year at this time, the joke will still be true and I still won't carelaugh laugh laugh )

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/04/10 11:28 PM

What of all the women friends and acquaintances you have here, aren't they evidence that that type of woman exists?

Not strictly "evidence," no. Evidence would require a certain degree of substantiation, and this is impossible to do on the internet.

To put it another way, assertions are assertions, they are not evidence. I'm not saying anyone here I consider a friend is being in any way misleading or dishonest; I'm just saying there is no real way for me to know.

At any rate, I don't even think that a full-scale acceptance of all of the assertions would prove that "that type of woman exists" -- because none of my friends here (as far as I've been able to discern) are "that type of woman" to begin with. Add in the inevitable distance factor, etc., and the root problem remains unaddressed.

One or two may have a priority towards babies and booze, for the most part- all I've read is some very well written threads, ideas and responses by alot of very intelligent women.

I'm not denying that -- there are some truly brilliant women here, and many of them are gifted writers. That holds true regardless of what their priorities are (or aren't). It doesn't change the fact that most, if not all, of them have kids and drink.

What you have in these forums is actually a true sampling of what is out there in the real world.

That's the part that concerns me. Because if that's true, I'm pretty much up the creek when it comes to future relationships. I have some theories about the differences between people who are on dating sites vs. people who aren't, but the theories are as yet unproven.

Women today had to change everything from their mothers day and now are forced to be a partner breadwinner and still, by alot of society and family values, are still stuck in the role of mother and housekeeper.

I understand that, but I'm not the one pushing those roles on them. And, to be honest, for as much as some women seem to like to complain about being relegated to those roles, just try to find one who isn't trying to get there (or who isn't already there). I certainly can't.

At this point, all I see is dancing. You simply DO NOT want a relationship and continue to belittle women, insisting we are out to change you/get you/turn you in a different direction.. As I said a month or so back, we keep searching for the same people until we work on ourselves; discover what it is in yourself that actually attracts you to them.
Most women I've encountered in life, from dear frinds, family, co-workers and acquaintances simply do not have the time nor the interest in changing anyone except themselves. (diet, hair, exercise, mind, spirituality, etc). And when a woman does say something to you about something, more than likely her only goal in mind is to make you look better, not change you into her little Ken doll. You guys out there really crack me up when I see the occasional statement like you make. Honestly, whose got the time to work on another, we're just hoping that your sensitive to our needs and wants as we are to yours. them. We got alot more responsibilty in this world, beleive me, then men do- now that the tide is going out, it's still the same. Personally, I think you guys are waiting to be rescued...and dost protest too much.
I also feel for you because with the blinders you may certainly miss out on one of the worlds most beautiful mysteries, that is to love and non judge your life partner (or anyone esle for that matter) by something they say to you out of concern or love.
I'm done, no more of this thread for me. laugh

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/04/10 09:32 AM

Poor Lex, you will NEVER meet some one if you keep sending out energy like that.flowerforyou

It's reverse psychology. So far, nobody understands that part.

on who, lol, actually you keep saying it, you make it happen...worked so far right?

I can only go by what I've seen and experienced. Sure, I'd love to meet someone who was different, but I'm not sure such a person exists. I've seen precious little evidence of it, anyway.

Despite everything I've been told by every woman I've ever been involved with (and I want to emphasize that this is strictly my own personal experience), I can only discern two priorities in their lives: booze and babies. As I have no interest in either, we have a rather insurmountable problem.

I'm hoping that, one day, I will run across someone who doesn't base her life on those two things. I don't think it's very likely, though, given the tyranny of animal biology and societal expectation.

What of all the women friends and acquaintances you have here, aren't they evidence that that type of woman exists?
One or two may have a priority towards babies and booze, for the most part- all I've read is some very well written threads, ideas and responses by alot of very intelligent women. What you have in these forums is actually a true sampling of what is out there in the real world. Women today had to change everything from their mothers day and now are forced to be a partner breadwinner and still, by alot of society and family values, are still stuck in the role of mother and housekeeper.

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/04/10 04:29 AM
tired

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/04/10 04:22 AM

Isn't also telling (seemingly) negative people to "stop being negative" is like telling a sick patient in the hospital of "stop being sick and start being healthy!", instead of just giving him right the medicine?

Actually, visualization is used all over the world concerning health. And life. IP is right, you need to start seeing life a little more better for yourself. Most people still don't believe that we create all our circumstances, and moods. Say you are in a cranky mood and you walk into a room, with the 3 stooges on. You sit down, grumbling, but if you stay long enough, you're laughing. The problem you were grumbling about, when you look back, has a complete different perspective and you might even solve it. Then you'll wonder why you haven't thought that before. We are and do so ourselves, conditioned. If you always have the same response, you'll always get what you think will happen. Don't you? We all do it, yet if you start changing your mode of thinking...things will start changing for you.
Instead of being upset or laughing at the woman who sent you that, try thinking 'in her mind, she thought she was being helpful'.
If you guys think or believe others are not as they should be, then that is saying reality is not the way it should be. Kind of silly.
Things have come a looonnngg way for both men and women. Until the last 40-50 years..men have had the final so so on everything, including attire for women, including wedding gowns and almost all rituals. Women have come in to themselves, the day will come when men will also; when they let go of fear.

Fear of what ?

Fear of women, fear of the changes they mentioned, fear of failure, fear of 'being changed by a woman'. Everything changes.
'If you do what you did, you'll get what you always got.'

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/04/10 12:33 AM
lol

Shasta1's photo
Sat 09/04/10 12:31 AM

That has to be my Mom up there in the sky...laugh

I hope it's yours and not mine....:tongue:

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25