Community > Posts By > TriniLee

TriniLee's photo
Sun 09/18/16 01:15 AM
Edited by TriniLee on Sun 09/18/16 01:16 AM

I'm not exactly sure how black people started getting called negros. That's how old people called them. Negros. Somewhere down the line it changed to ******. ****** means to be ignorant. I use the word a lot. But I don't use the word as a racial slur. I use it to descibe the actions of someone. Anyone from any color can be a ******. I'd rather also say black person instead of African American. That makes them sound like they just got here..they are Americans like I am. They don't call us European Americans. And I know..they are not black, but we are also not white. It's slang . Its better than using racial names. That's my 2 cents.

Don't you see that even if your intentions for using the word is not as a racial slang but is to describe anyone who is being ignorant...is ignorant of you. The word '*****/******' was given to blacks during slavery and was meant as a derogatory term to describe them. So, saying it to a 'white' or 'Hispanic' or 'Chinese', etc, who in your interpretation of the word is behaving is such manner says a lot. You may not be trying to offend anyone, but can you see how it can? If 'Redneck' is defined as 'stupid' (just an example) and i tell anyone who is being stupid...'you darn redneck'...then i am associating a term used for a race as something not nice. I am not saying that you are a racist...i am just saying how it can be interpreted as racist. Just my two cents. In my country, the ratio of Blacks and Indians are almost on par, and those two group make up the bulk of the population, and there are racial contention among the two groups...it is not as bad as white and black in your country...but enough contention where the words '*****' and 'collie' are used for derogatory purposes. Collie used to describe the Indians. But of all the derogatory words used to describe different races, '*****' is the most sensitive of them all...

TriniLee's photo
Sun 09/18/16 01:13 AM
Don't you see that even if your intentions for using the word is not as a racial slang but is to describe anyone who is being ignorant...is ignorant of you. The word '*****/******' was given to blacks during slavery and was meant as a derogatory term to describe them. So, saying it to a 'white' or 'Hispanic' or 'Chinese', etc, who in your interpretation of the word is behaving is such manner says a lot. You may not be trying to offend anyone, but can you see how it can? If 'Redneck' is defined as 'stupid' (just an example) and i tell anyone who is being stupid...'you darn redneck'...then i am associating a term used for a race as something not nice. I am not saying that you are a racist...i am just saying how it can be interpreted as racist. Just my two cents. In my country, the ratio of Blacks and Indians are almost on par, and those two group make up the bulk of the population, and there are racial contention among the two groups...it is not as bad as white and black in your country...but enough contention where the words '*****' and 'collie' are used for derogatory purposes. Collie used to describe the Indians. But of all the derogatory words used to describe different races, '*****' is the most sensitive of them all...

TriniLee's photo
Sun 09/18/16 12:29 AM
LeeAnna here from the sunny twin isle of Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies

TriniLee's photo
Sun 09/18/16 12:25 AM
New here...trying to get familiar with the site.

TriniLee's photo
Sun 09/18/16 12:19 AM
Edited by TriniLee on Sun 09/18/16 12:15 AM
Pre-Marital sex has become so fashionable now that waiting until Marriage seems odd to many. When indeed sex was made only for within the sanctity of Marriage...we have indeed strayed from what God instructed of us, smh...