Community > Posts By > knoxman

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 05:11 PM
Just hanging out tonight in the ole apt.

Supposed to go to dinner tomorrow night with a friend.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 04:41 PM
I'd pick up the old lady, and take her to the hospital.

My best friend was selfless enough to save my life. He'll understand that another life is in jeaporady and needs to be saved.

If the woman was TRULY my "perfect partner", she'd understand that I had to save the old lady's life, and I would be back for her ASAP.

That's what I would do.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 04:35 PM
Funny thing about the weight issue:

Amazing that in a place with 30 employees, that it's always the "healthiest, fittest" people who do all the calling in sick, and complaining about how bad they always feel. Meanwhile, the overweight employees(like me) are ALWAYS there, rarely if ever call in, and always seem to feel good throughout the workday.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 03:47 PM
Creativesoul:

Thumbs up to you, my friend.

And justice for all.....all those who can "afford" it, that is.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 09:38 AM
That'd be what it takes, BaseballFanaticdrinker .

I'm sure Belicheck realizes he's playing a dangerous game. One crucial injury and watch out.

I just think that instead of whining about it, these other teams would be wiser to come up with ways to beat the Pats.

I mean, it's broken down simply:

Ethical, no.
Legal, yes.

They fine and suspend you for being illegal--NOT for being unethical.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 09:33 AM
I'm not doubting you at all, Spider.

I'm just asking:

Don't people know that coffee is served "hot".

And the way out court system is screwed up these days, I'm suprised this person isn't running McDonalds now.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 09:27 AM
Hey, Scatterflowerforyou , where's YER common senselaugh :smile:

Thanks for the Thanksgiving turkey idea. Now alls I have to do is get invited to me companies' CEO's house for Turkey day, and I'm in the money! KA-CHING!laugh

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 09:23 AM
Ok, before I begin, let me make two statements:

1. I am a Dallas Cowboys fan
2. I DESPISE the New England Patriots

That being said:

Why is everyone griping and moaning about the fact that New England is "running up the score" on their opponents?

"It's not fair" they whine.
"It's not the sportsmanlike thing to do" others wail.

Folks, it's like this--Pro Football is a adult's game. It's NOT kindergarden T-Ball where "everybody gets to play" or "Everyone's a winner". Just doesn't work that way.

Last time I checked, NFL players were getting paid a lot of money. Offenses are paid to score. Defenses are paid to stop others from scoring.

It is opponent's JOB to stop the Patriots from scoring--NOT the Pats coaching staff's job.

If the coaches want to keep Brady and the offense in the entire game, SO FREAKING WHAT? It's not the Pats' job to "play nice" with others.

And besides, last time I checked, "Margin of victory" ans "points scored" were elements used for tie-breaking purposes for playoff spots. So the IS a legit reason to score as much as you can. There simply isn't an argument against what the Pats are doing.

And yes, I feel I CAN speak on this--after all, my Cowboys were one of the teams that got "blew out" by the Pats. But, hey, they should have stopped them.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 08:56 AM
You bring up a good point, Spider, but didn't the customer have enough common sense to know that coffee is hot? Or am I just assuming she wasn't just trying it for the first time, and thus, didn't know?

Is this case the reason McDonald's is now serving "Iced Coffee"--actual product, no joke.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 07:27 AM
Oh, and before the wingnuts go on their tired attack, Let me state that NO President has done anything about Bin Ladin--Not Reagan, mot Bush,Sr., not Clinton, and not Bush,Jr("I truly am not concerned about him").

Our problems are NOT solely a Democrat problem, they are NOT solely a Republican problem.

We can blame each other to high heaven, and that won't solve anything. America needs to repair itself, then worry about other countries.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 07:21 AM
Hey, Karmaflowerforyou , wasn't Reagen president thenlaugh ?

Just a thought:smile: .

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 05:42 PM
Hi Anoasisflowerforyou

I never said that it was right for employers to tell people that they can't smoke during off-hours. I agree that's wrong. I merely said that I'm glad that we're not allowed to smoke in our apartment building. I'd hate to lose everything because somebody fell asleep with a lit cig.

You're right, tho. I look for the day when employers don't allow employees to be overweight. That puts me in trouble therelaugh .

But I'll eat doughnuts with you any day, Anoasisflowerforyou

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 04:21 PM
11.America: OneNation, under Surveillance.

Man, is THAT true. Traffic cams at every corner. Hell, we're all on TV as much as any actor these days!

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 02:13 PM
So's Movies and TV, Collin.

You don't REALLY believe Bruce Willis is blowing all that stuff up, do youlaugh ?

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 01:22 PM
Are there still people in this country that still watch and enjoy professional Wrestling? If so, I'd love to know what the attraction is.

================================================================I think the question should be,
"Anyone still ADMIT to watching it?" Funny, but a lot of my co-workers who "never watch" seem to know an awful lot about what's going on in wrestling.

================================================================
no i dont watch it, thats y i said no attraction..its the dumbest sport there is..LOL

First off, it isn't a sport. Dumbest? Well, I can think of some that are a lot dumber. Hey, ESPN, "The Total SPORTS Network" is showing FREAKING POKER GAMES!!!!!! How stupid is that? They've also featured such "sports" as spelling bees, scrabble games, and eating contests.

I agree with Realmandrinker , Imblessedklpflowerforyou .
You DO have great legs!love

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 12:55 PM
I started out using this as a dating site.

But--No Dates!

Now, if I meet someone to date, that's fine. But I really am here now to see all my friends in the forums. So I guess it is a community for me.:smile:

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 11:55 AM
First off, I don't smoke.

My insurance policy through my work costs less because I don't smoke. There'san agreement you sign saying you're a non-smoker, and the cost is less.

The apartment I live in is non-smoking. They don't allow smoking in any of the apartments. I understand more and more apartments are going to this policy.

As I said, I don't smoke. So I really don't think about this issue too much. Of course, when I see a news story about apartments burning down because someone fell asleep in bed while smoking, I am glad we have a no-smoking rule.

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 11:48 AM
Could be worse. What if two people showed mutual interest in each other, but they were seperated by the Atlantic Ocean:cry: ?

At least the two of you can drive to each other.

Uniqueflowerforyou , we can give you advice here, but you'll never know for sure until the two of you talk about the relationship. The worst that can happen is he says no. At least that's better than not knowing. Good luck to you, and I hope it all works out for you two.:smile:

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 11:43 AM
I know that this is LONG before the 80s, but does anyone remember a Tex Avery(Droopy cartoons)cartoon called Screwy Squirrel? It was really "out there" to the point that it was almost a parody of the old Bugs Bunny/Tom and Jerry cartoons of the day.

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 11:32 AM
I'm more excited to see the young fresh talent getting their shot, nothing against the legends of old, but they are never going to get any better with time, only worse. I like seeing the rising young stars improve in their craft.

Like who?

The four top stars of WEE right now are the past 40 Shawn Michaels and Undertaker, and the right at 40 HHH and Batista.

Nothing against them, but they DESPERATELY need to elevate others into the mix. randy Orton isn't the answer. He's about one out-of-the-ring incident away from being unemployed.

I just think it's amazing how the WWE is currently following the business plan of WCW, circa 1999-2001.