Community > Posts By > knoxman

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 07:05 AM
I'd like to see the Rock AND Jericho--and Rob Van Dam back. But Rock's said over and over that the's through with pro wrestling. And with the success of his movie career, I guess I can't blame him.

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 07:01 AM
Did anyone see CNN's one hour special last night called "Death Grip", about steroids in Pro Wrestling, most notably in the WWE? If so, what did you all think about it?

Here's my thoughts, in random order:

1.It's obvious that Hillary Clinton took answer-dodging lessons from Vince McMahon. At times, McMahon looked ablosutely frightened up there. Wife Linda's total lack of personality and charisma caused her to come across as cold.

2.I knew that Tommy Billington(Dynamite Kid)had fallen on hard times--I've read his biography. But Even then I never imagined exactly how far he's fallen. A fate I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

3.John Cena's "I can't sat I've never taken steroids, but you can't prove I have taken them, either" exposes him as a total douchebag. side note: theparticular injury Cena suffered is exceedingly rare among normal people--but VERY common among steroid users(source:Wrestling Observer)

4.You really have to feel bad for Michael Benoit. During his segments, he was openly blaming himself for what happened to Chris, Nancy, and Daniel Benoit. He had no way of knowing.

5. Chris Kanyon is one of the true "good guys" in this world today. I'm glad he's got wrestling out of his system, and wish him the best. Tho I'll miss his wrestling. In WCW, he was known as "The Innovator of Offense".

6.Every medical professional--except the one employed by WWE--said in no uncertain terms that the "WWE Wellness Policy" was an absolute joke.

7.Vince talks about suspensions. Funny how the top guys look like the worst offenders, but never get suspended. I guess the "foolproof" part of the Wellness Policy means, "Only the fools get caught". Of the 10 recent suspensions(not for failing a drug test, they were for appearing on a steroid doctors' customer list), the only one who could even be construed as a main eventer was Ken Kennedy, who they were planning to elevate. Umaga was already being phased down, and is only in main events now because the roster is depleated due to injuries. Others on the list, such as Chris Masters and Chavo Guerrero were at best mid-card.

8.They did a segment on C.M. Punk, who's "Hard core Straight Edge" gimmick means no alchohol, no smokes, no drugs. It's kind of sad, really, when a clean lifestyle is reduced to being a wrestler's gimmick.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

MUCH better show than I expected going in. I was kind of expecting a "fluff" piece, complete with softball questions. Needless to say, I was pleasantly suprised. The hosts treated wrestling as a serious business, and were really objective.

Thumbs up.

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 06:40 AM
Sounds good to me, TheMobScenedrinker .

I just hope they're paying Jericho lots of money to lie in the ring and count ceiling lights for Triple H and Shawn Michaels.

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 06:37 AM
Tyhronndrinker , Mr. Perfect was like a lot of guys in the mid-90s who ended up in WCW. They were great for the first couple months, then they saw the main-eventers for the most part half-assing their way through their matches. Guys like Hennig figured that if Hogan, Nash, savage, ect., could get away with this, why not him? And he was right. There were only three qualifications needed to be a pushed star in WCW. And you only needed to possess one. They were:

1.Be a former WWE wrestler.
2.Be good friends with WCW execs(think DDP, Jeff Jarrett).
3.Be a member of the FOH(friend of Hogan) club.

Just thank God that most of the undercard still had enough pride in their performances to put on great matches. I still think WCW missed out by not putting Psychosis and La Parka together as a tag team. With a manager talking for them, they could have been the late 90s version of the Midnight Express.

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 06:25 AM
I'd date you, Natassiaflowerforyou .

Except for two things:

1.I'm too far away.
2.I think I'm too old for you.

Good luck in your search, and i hope you find what you're looking for.:smile:

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 06:08 AM
Flair.........Hennig..............Von Erich, the list goes on and on.

Thank GOD for DVDs and old tapes. Makes it that much easier to relive the magic.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 05:05 PM
Welcome, Carlosdrinker .

You want fun? OK. Just jump into these here forums, and post away. You'll have all the fun you can handle in no time.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 05:02 PM
I do, everyone knows that.........

......until the need arises to set someone straight.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 04:53 PM
Howard was based on a Marvel Comic that came out in the early/mid 70s. They're currently doing a 4 issue limited series with Howard.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 03:27 PM
That's like the time I was a cook and "invented" the Vegetarian Patty Melt.embarassed

Yup, forgot to put in the meatlaugh embarassed laugh !

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 03:12 PM
Whitenightsdrinker

Men have been asking that question for decades now, and the answer's no closer to being found now than it was 60 years ago.

Of course, change the "men" and "women" positions in your post, and ladies can say the same thing. Works both ways.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 03:08 PM
I agree with Bigbayhrsriderflowerforyou

She is a good woman!

DeWaynedrinker :

Just because a woman makes "bad choices" in choosing men, that doesn't mean she's not a good woman.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 03:06 PM
Welcome, Jesscamdrinker , from your neighbor down here in Knox Vegas! Enjoy your stay here, and I hope you have fun & find what you're looking for!

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 03:04 PM
John(if I may call you John):

People don't have pics of themselves on here for various reasons. Believe it or not, some JSHers actually have jobs that have rules against posting photos on sites like these. Some people choose to just have "other" photos up. Still others do put there pic up.

I'm just saying it's a personal choice of the individual. If I had my druthers, everyone would have a picture of themselves on their profile. But it's not up to me. Everyone is allowed a choice, and agree or disagree, I respect their decision.

I agree with you when you say it's best for all of us to move on. Personally, this will be my final say on this subject. I'm moving on to some fun topics. So let's all go have a drinker or 12 and enjoy our evening.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 02:21 PM
Fine, Jessflowerforyou , and you?

I made another post in the Disneyland thread. Apparantly our young friend didn't understand what I said in the first one. Hopefully he'll re-read it and ask me to clarify. I guess I'll have to brush up on my one-syllable wordslaugh --easier to comprehend, you know.

Well, time for dinner. Chicken tonight. I'll check back later and see the status of this issue. Later, all.:smile:

no photo

I made another post in the Disneyland thread. Apparantly our young friend didn't understand what I said in the first one. Hopefully he'll re-read it and ask me to clarify. I guess I'll have to brush up on my one-syllable wordslaugh --easier to comprehend, you know.

Well, time for dinner. Chicken tonight. I'll check back later and see the status of this issue. Later, all.:smile:

no photo

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 02:17 PM
Read your response, BS.

You didn't get my message one bit.

Please go back and re-read my post--slowly if you have to. Feel free to take notes. After re-rerading it once more, please post any questions you have about it. I'll be more than happy to go into greater detail with my points.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 02:13 PM
Hi again, Cutieflowerforyou

Hi Jessflowerforyou ,

It does seem that some of our younger folk here are a bit lacking in the social graces. Must come from being raised on 16 hour television dayslaugh . Maybe we should have an introductory class for our youngsters here on manners, civility, and tactfulness.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 02:09 PM
Sorry, Snowboard, but there's no way you can call me a "bandwagon jumper".

If you'd read my previous posts in these forums, you'd know that. I took INCREDIBLE heat for staying with my 'Boys in 89 when they went 1-15, and durung these last lean 9 years.

Besides, wouldn't it be "the trendy thing to do" to jump on the Patriots bandwagon? Lord, I'd rather pull for the Eagles than the Pats!

Hi Winnieflowerforyou . Hope you're doing great today.
Beat Wahington this weekend, OK? I hate the 'Skins!

GO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next