johnmorrissey501's photo
Thu 02/23/17 06:00 PM
Interesting...
Yeah, someone being blind wouldn't be an issue. Deaf more so, as I never bothered to learn sign language.
Physical disabilities would be an issue, only in a much as I'm not young anymore. I remember assisting my mom when she was alive with her wheel chair. Lotta work and I don't have that kind of muscle any more.
I know this will sound cruel, but I really couldn't be involved with autism, congenital defects, or Down's syndrome.
Mental illness I'm more open to. Myself, I suffer from Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and suicidal obsession. A LOT of others do too. We take our meds, and deal with it. Being with someone in a similar situation might actually be not too bad.

johnmorrissey501's photo
Thu 02/23/17 05:43 PM
No I don't.
Here's why.
At one point, I lived near Alsea, Oregon, right around Mary's Peak. While hiking one morning, I encountered an example of a well known large hairy hominid at close range.THAT is immaterial. What is, is that when discussing this with others who had similar brief encounters, woo people would insert themselves and their BS beliefs into our discussion of trying to analyze what we'd seen by comparison the the fossil record.
They'd jump right in like they were invited, and despite never actually seen anything, assure us that the cryptid hominids in question were telepathic (they call it "mindspeak" because they never read a sci-fi book or saw an X-Men movie), can turn invisible, can become immaterial and walk thru walls, can levitate and fly, could heal with a touch, and could cross over into other dimensions. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Here we were, trying to make sense of some weird thing we saw, and these tree huggers come along shoveling their excrement
No, woo people are worse than religion people. Woo people's tales of woo change from telling to telling, while religion, equally excretory, at least has a consistent dogma.
Now, kit I true that religious people get defensive, and potentially confrontational, when you laugh at there BS, but I can deal with that, hey, I'm from Chicago. But woo people get hurt, like when you tell a child you don't believe them. Then I'm the as for at least pretending to go along with their crap.

johnmorrissey501's photo
Thu 02/23/17 05:15 PM
I used to get guys like that at my apartment door. Which sucks because it's a security building, which meant one of the retards that lives in the building keeps letting them in.
Anyway, I got Pentecostals (the goofs that handle snakes and talk in tongues), Jehovah's Witnesses, Baptist "missionaries", Evangelical "witnesses", and Mormons. Bothering me, wasting my time, not taking a hint and hitting the road.
So, I started answering the door naked. Usually they'd move along. When one wouldn't, I'd pee. Not look down, not aim, just pee. On them, on the floor, whatever. Now, the do not come to my building.

johnmorrissey501's photo
Thu 02/23/17 05:05 PM
Hell No!

Years back, my sister in law tried setting me up with some woman that was a born again. I was younger then, much more svelte, and drowning my pain of being dumped by a hottie by crawling in a rye bottle. They thought this wa a good idea for some reason.So, my sister in life set it up but didn't tell me she was a holy foamer.
We had a first date, and religion didn't come up. She had the chicken, and I had a Manhattan and aspirin. She wasn't as hot a the ladies I usually dated, but he was nice, so we set a second date for the next Saturday.
For some reason, I don't know why, she chose to show up at my apartment door on Friday at 6 pm. I was enjoying my second rum and coke, and answered the door.
"Denise, I asked, "what are you doing here?"
"I thought I'd drop by." She replied. "Have you heard the good news about Jesus?"
"What, does he have the twenty buck he owes me?"

That went over like a fart in church.

johnmorrissey501's photo
Thu 02/23/17 04:52 PM
Could be, but zombies just shuffles around and pick pineapple for Del Monte. A vampire is more likely. Rises three days after dying. Drink of my blood. Turns invisible, rise in the air, yup, a vampire.

:

johnmorrissey501's photo
Thu 02/23/17 04:31 PM
I dunno...

If the evangelicals are right, I'm going to hell.
If the Catholics are right, I'm going to heaven.
If the Muslims are right, I'm going to hell again.
The Jews don't worry about it.
If the Mormons are right, maybe I'll get my own planet.
If the Hindus are right, I'll be reincarnated, and with my luck, probably as a house fly.
If they're all wrong, I'll cease to exist, and nothing can change that.

Hell would suck, but eternity with evangelicals would be worse.

What WOULD be cool is if quantum physics is right, and there' all these alternate Earths in other dimensions. Being reincarnated THERE as a human would be great, especially if the laws of physics are different and there's super heroes and giant monsters and ray guns and such. Especially if I looked like Alexander Skarsgard instead of Fred Flintstone. Which I do now. Fred that is.

johnmorrissey501's photo
Thu 02/23/17 01:08 PM
Foghorn Leghorn

johnmorrissey501's photo
Thu 02/23/17 01:06 PM
Oh, let's see...
The Exorcist, the original Carnival of Souls, I Walked With a Zombie.

johnmorrissey501's photo
Wed 02/22/17 12:49 PM
Sure, I'd like o boast about MY favorite author, ME!
Hi, how y'all doing? My name's John Morrissey. I have currently three books available on Kindle and paperback from Amazon. "Johnny Frankenstein: the Undying Detective", Johnny Frankenstein: the Night Chicago Died", and "Johnny Frankenstein: the Anachramis Project and other Summer Fun". They're a lot of fun, dealing with horror, noir detective tropes, the supernatural, the mob, weird science, mental illness, love, loss, and the quest for a decent Italian beef sandwich.
Try 'em. They're pretty inexpensive.