Community > Posts By > Dempcey

Dempcey's photo
Sun 01/17/10 01:12 AM
Now it is all coming back to me, as to why I choose to remain single. So much negativity, judging, intolerance, self righteousness and over the most simplest subjects that have been going on from the beginning of time. Only the names and terms of crap has changed.

Not everyone is cut out for the long haul of a relationship and not just because they are selfish. It can be due to career, life style, need their own residence (space), unselfishness, mature enough to know what they are capable and not capable of dealing with such as long term relationships, married, children and in some cases family.

Just because two people enjoy sex with one another doesn't mean they are sleeping around. A mature FWB's are often exclusive. It doesn't mean they have to have a LTR, nor plan to be married and or trick the other by becoming pregnant (and this last one applies to some men too that will sabotage a womans birth control method).

As far as sex goes,..yes I think it is most beautiful between a married couple of the opposites sex, however as I've said before if sex is the worst people can do then this would be a much better place. Not everyone has sex out of lust and immediate self gratification.

As far as I see it, two people that care for one another truly, share their world, there for the other in times of real need and sometimes or regularly share their bodies HAVE a relationship, but don't label what they have between them. The best place to start in any relationship is taking the time to become friends.

Dempcey's photo
Sat 01/16/10 09:14 AM
That old song just popped into my head "Don't ask my neighbor, come to me".

I'd have to say the bartender has some real interest in you or he surely wouldn't have asked all those questions and those kinds of questions.

Dempcey's photo
Sat 01/16/10 09:12 AM
When you say "Self...that's about enough to be getting on with. Let's have some fun now!"

Yeah I know it sounds lame, but to a degree that's what it boils down to. Rather than dwell on the negative replace it with something positive until you don't have to force the good thoughts and you wake up one day and realize the good thoughts just are.

Dempcey's photo
Sat 01/16/10 09:09 AM
FWB can be a wonderful thing if the two are mature and know full well that there will most likely never be a relationship between them.

Friends means that the two general care for one another and in some cases might even love one another and due to this they can enjoy sexual relations with one another without the fear of the other taking the act for more than what it is...sex and enjoying one another in the moment.

People have been FWB ever since people became, the name and or term for it just changes with the times.

Dempcey's photo
Sat 01/16/10 09:03 AM
At the top of my list:
1) Cockroach
2) A tongue in my ear
3) Someone, anyone spitting on someone else

Dempcey's photo
Sat 01/16/10 08:57 AM
Would have went into the military and retired from the military.
Done my 20 years and been done with it all.

Dempcey's photo
Sat 01/16/10 08:54 AM
Edited by Dempcey on Sat 01/16/10 08:55 AM
As long as it doesn't require my car being on the rack I'm game.
Wont fool with the oil change though, just easier to let the shop do it to dispose of the oil properly.

I'll take an auto shop over a mall any day.

Dempcey's photo
Thu 01/14/10 10:46 PM

WELL, I am 62 years old so, fellas, long-term isn't a life sentence anymore LOL!

biggrin Absolutely adorable you are flowerforyou

Dempcey's photo
Thu 01/14/10 12:21 PM

Does age really matter, I mean if two people are consenting adults, what is the matter with being too old or too young? Why does it matter?
The only thing that should matter is if 2 people share the same outlook on life, have the same interests and really click, physically and mentally. Age just doesn't matter. it only matters if you make it matter!:smile: I think the people who limit themselves to those closest to their own age are limiting their possibilities of finding a soul mate, or at least a near soul mate.
what do you all think?

Uh yes it matters. I'm 41 and I have had some rather young men approach me and after 5 minutes of talking with them my mind aches with teenage agonizing and immaturity blues.

Men much older than I are going to a place mentally my young heart is not willing to follow.

Not to mention either way there is compromise in the sex department I'm just not really willing to give up or teach.

Then there is the fact that young folk need time to get some life experience under their belts and apt to grow, change and most of us older folk have been there and done that. I wouldn't ask a young man to be in a relationship with me because at some point he might want children and with me this can't happen and wouldn't even if I could bare more rugrats.

I'm not saying that there aren't exceptions, but on the whole -10 or +10 for me is pushing it. Either way a fun place to visit and share some time with, but not somewhere I would want to live.

Dempcey's photo
Thu 01/14/10 12:09 PM
Rules? What stinking rules? I was never given a handbook in school or in sex ed. I wasn't given a top secret manual when I became a woman either. Did I miss an important memo? spock

I could have taken your post as a "joke" had I not read your profile after.

Dempcey's photo
Thu 01/14/10 11:34 AM

Both young and mature ladies I want you opinion. Is marriage the only way you can see commitment. I see a lot of forum comments about commitment & marriage Why isn’t a LTR as a commitment. What is your definition of LTR. Married or living together (with nor without a life time commitment). I've always wanted to be marriage, but since a few states (including mine) allow gay marriages or civil unions, marriage has been. I know marriage sounds more permanent,but with divorce rates so high, it's not so permanent after all. Having a committed
Life Time Relationship, whether living together or maybe separate residences, in my opinion, is just as permanent. At least with me, marriage and LTR's both
are committed relationship. In marriage a lot of couples pre-nup, why not a
pre-co hab?

I still like the idea of marriage, but interference from the state & mocking of it turns me off.

Ron

Well at my age the only thing marriage offers is some security for both mates should one pass, timely or untimely. Possibly the married couples children if any. You know benefits and or wills and all.

pre-nups are insulting to those that are truly in love, it shows a lack of trust and faith and furthermore not what marriage is all about. Marriage is "supposed" to be about "becoming one", not about his is mine and will remain mine. If one feels they need a pre-nup that one ought not marry at all IMO.

LTR to me is one that means I am exclusively seeing one man for all my relationship needs and wants. Love, sex, companionship etc etc. It does NOT however mean I would or want to marry the man. A LTR is still "getting to know you" time for even after a few years have past people can grow apart, discover unattractive things with their partner that will mean the relationship is coming to a halt.

For me LTR does NOT = marriage. Just exclusive.

Dempcey's photo
Thu 01/14/10 07:54 AM

to be a woman on here searching for someone to go out and have fun with (nothing serious) and find a man who doesnt just want SEX?!?!

brokenheart

A man that doesn't want sex?
I swear men just can't freaking win. If they want sex, then that's all they are after, if they don't want it or don't initiate it then they are homosexual and or don't find the woman sexy or appealing. No matter there is "something" wrong with them if they don't.

Just because a man wants it doesn't mean he should get it. Why must some look at a man's sexual urges as a bad thing? Personally I find it rather humorous and to some degree admirable. I mean there are worse things to be getting on with. If sex is the worst thing a person can think to do then these world would be a much better place. Perhaps more populated, not much getting done, but better.

Forgive me, rant over.

Yes you can find such a thing for I already have here at Mingle2 and I have been here what a month? And there are still other men in which I fully intend to share some time with without any expectations whatsoever. If those men should have some expectations and or a hidden agenda, that's their problem not mine.

I just think it boils down to our attitudes we march in with and what we are or are not "expecting".flowerforyou

Dempcey's photo
Thu 01/14/10 07:42 AM

Amen! My thoughts exactly.
Refer to me as thus: A secure way that I should not respond nor seek.

Dempcey's photo
Wed 01/13/10 03:58 AM
Change?
Oh dear it wouldn't change it would halt.
I wouldn't want to be with anyone at all for I would be a miserable, whining, hateful, twit! I use my eyes for so much. Losing my eye sight at this age would make me dependent and that is something I couldn't bare to well. Now if I lost my hearing it would be different, nothing would change.

Dempcey's photo
Wed 01/13/10 03:50 AM

I lived my life full of things that i should be proud of but no matter what i do i dont feel happy. It feels like nothing is ever enough and iam always confused in what i want! no one really understands me but the worst thing is that i dont even understand myself!!!!frustrated

What is it that you should be so proud of at 18? Raised healthy, wise children to maturity? Had a long successful marriage? Finished college? Yes yes I'm being a bit of an (_!_) but understand my point please. You haven't lived long enough to really be "proud" of anything yet.

You don't understand yourself because your brain and body aren't even fully matured yet (done growing), because you haven't enough life experience to really get to know yourself.

Hon I have three grown children older than you and I have once been a teenager, give yourself time, room for error and learn to love yourself. Everything else will eventually fall into place flowerforyou

You are the ruler of your brain, not the other why around. When you start having negative and or confusing thoughts make yourself find something pleasant to ponder on, get busy doing something to take your mind off the blues.

Dempcey's photo
Wed 01/13/10 03:43 AM
Not to be rude, but I just read 3 pages of the same thing this topic is complaining about.

I find ignoring such people makes life far easier and teaches a lesson. Ignore the negative behavior and they will find another approach hopefully for the better. If not well they are on ignore mode and will eventually slink away.

Dempcey's photo
Tue 01/12/10 01:34 PM

what is it about a nice guys that drive women into making them be just friends? girls always say they want to meet some one that just sweeps them off there feet with poems and flowers or with there sense of humor... they say that but when it happens they change there mind about it, y is that?? r they afraid to let that guy get close to them? r they afraid that if they enter a relationship with that person they might scare them off?? i have heard girls say "awe ur a nice guy, but i want to b just friends." and not even 10 minutes later that same girl says she wishes she could meet a nice guy... did i miss something?

Well I can tell you for the most part I hate romance, so flowers and poems would sorry bore me. Humor now that will catch my attention, but after a nice guy has my attention is there chemistry? I like men that have an aggressive sexuality. Meaning he doesn't have to tell me that he wants sex (we already know that) but it's how he expresses it that will make or break the chemistry.

Nice guys I'm afraid for my taste tend to be far too passive, too understanding if you understand what I mean and too hen pecked.

Oh now don't look at me like that!!!
I love "nice guys" and I haven't any real time or effort for "bad boys", but until the chemistry is there my heart will wonder.

Dempcey's photo
Tue 01/12/10 05:36 AM

If today I said a truckload of soldiers would be blown up or like a gangbanger would get shot, nobody would panic because it's all part of the plan. But I say one little old mayor will die, and everyone loses their minds!!
Too much JoKeR makes the mind go all fuzzy :tongue:

Dempcey's photo
Mon 01/11/10 10:33 AM
I would fight (contest) any ticket I got in that situation till they were sick to death of me and either threw me under the jail or dropped the ticket. I would also have a little walk over to one of the officers and ask him / her politely but firmly where exactly was the plow?

One can also call their watch commander (supervisor) onto the site if one feels intimidated or feels that foul play is at foot.

As for police, I love em, God bless em, but it seems we only ever really see, hear about the bad ones. Every job has "bad ones". The good cops are hardly ever praise or seen.

Dempcey's photo
Mon 01/11/10 10:21 AM
Spend the day getting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on opinion on my sentence.

Forewarned is to be forearmed, if I was given a few days in advance to know then I would spend time with those that I love, and then I would just disappear on everyone. I wouldn't want to see them sad or in mourning. In fact I wouldn't even tell them my time was up. I came into this world boohoo'ing I'm not leaving it the same way :wink:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6