Community > Posts By > curioso186

curioso186's photo
Wed 04/26/17 05:43 AM

Hi Funzy, nice to meet you and thx for you post, was very interesting.

I love too the Alvear PX 1927 Pedro Ximenez, it´s spicy ( i apologyze again, i don´t know the tasting terms in english) and with a great coffe and nuts aroma and bouquet, the only default that i found in this wine is that has hight acetaldehyde.

The wine called Suertes del Marqués (2010, white wine) making with malvasía and listán blanco is marvellous, perhaps one of the best white wines that i tasted in the last years. Try to taste somes wines with the grape "Listán Negro", it´s not so expensive (20 €) and spectacular wine for it´s price is the wine called "Ariadna" Bodegas "El Grifo".

If you like sweet wines i can recommend you the wines making in Ribeiro (Galicia, Spain) called "Tostados de Ribiero", they don´t do it like Tokaji or Sauternes wines ( with Botritys Cinerea), the desiccate the grape with wind.

Will be a pleasure taste your sparkling wines, i´m sure that will be so tasty.

Hi there " curioso186 "

All wines have preserv or " acetaldehyde " these days ( Poison ).
Can't escape from that unless one makes his/her own.

Thanks for directing me towards Ribeiro ( Galicia ) region .

Tostados by Ribeiro or Adriana by El Grifo ?? :wink:

Will try to find it when I go visit my daughter
in the big smoke city of Sydney next time :thumbsup:

I live Far Out West country, and the SPECIALTY WINE SHOPS
ARE ONLY WHERE THE BIG MONEY FLOWS :wink:

Pleasure talking with you :thumbsup:

Oh..Forgive me for not minding my own business :wink:

I suggest you add some sparks & spices to your profile .
Looks dry and empty as it is :wink:
I am sure you can easy find a gal to have an Intelligent,
decent and interesting conversation/s .

Looks to me you have the potential ( For now )

GIVE IT A TRY :wink:

The hight presence of acetaldehyde means that the wine has been oxidized to excess, but this is not uncommon in PX wines, but in this case ( Alvear PX 1927) it makes me very noticeable in the nose. Perhaps you would like to say sulphurous gas (SO2), which is used to prevent the onset of fungal, bacterial, oxidation and oxidase reactions.

I personally prefer the Tostados de Ribeiro, but they are much more expensive (around € 50 a pint) than the Ariadna (like the Greek myth of Ariadna).

Thanks for the advice on my profile, I am new and I still do not dominate the web (and I am not premium)

curioso186's photo
Tue 04/25/17 03:26 PM
Hi Funzy, nice to meet you and thx for you post, was very interesting.

I love too the Alvear PX 1927 Pedro Ximenez, it´s spicy ( i apologyze again, i don´t know the tasting terms in english) and with a great coffe and nuts aroma and bouquet, the only default that i found in this wine is that has hight acetaldehyde.

The wine called Suertes del Marqués (2010, white wine) making with malvasía and listán blanco is marvellous, perhaps one of the best white wines that i tasted in the last years. Try to taste somes wines with the grape "Listán Negro", it´s not so expensive (20 €) and spectacular wine for it´s price is the wine called "Ariadna" Bodegas "El Grifo".

If you like sweet wines i can recommend you the wines making in Ribeiro (Galicia, Spain) called "Tostados de Ribiero", they don´t do it like Tokaji or Sauternes wines ( with Botritys Cinerea), the desiccate the grape with wind.

Will be a pleasure taste your sparkling wines, i´m sure that will be so tasty.

curioso186's photo
Tue 04/25/17 05:22 AM
Metal on metal (live)-->Anvil

curioso186's photo
Tue 04/25/17 05:19 AM
Edited by curioso186 on Tue 04/25/17 05:19 AM
Hi Blondey and Dodo, nice to meet you.
NZ has importants cellars (Like Gibson Bridges), very thecnified, working vey well with the grapes Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling, but I think in their wines with Shiraz (Syrah) they are very flat and all with the same style, and it's a shame since they have the conditions (soil, climatology, tecnique) to work with shiraz.

Which wines of NZ do you recommend me?

curioso186's photo
Mon 04/24/17 03:23 PM
Rebellion--Grave Digger

curioso186's photo
Mon 04/24/17 03:12 PM
NightCrawler--Judas Priest

curioso186's photo
Mon 04/24/17 03:10 PM
Good night, I'm new here and I do not know if I'm making a mistake when I open the thread in this section, if it is so that the moderators move it where it corresponds (science, etc). The topic is to discuss new trends, advances in winemaking,cellars, new wines, etc.

I apologize for my poor level of English, I do not know if you can open the thread in Spanish.

curioso186's photo
Mon 04/24/17 02:55 PM
Hallowed be thy name-- Iron Maiden