Community > Posts By > Illusion_of_me

no photo
Wed 11/21/07 10:03 PM
drinker

no photo
Wed 11/21/07 09:00 PM
haha... yeah pizza sounds good, but meh, I love a good turkey dinner and I haven't cooked for awhile like this. I'm really looking forward to it. i can understand not wanting to be alone though. I usually love Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner with the whole family, but my family really is all doing there own things, and I want some time to chill by myself.

Honestly I would say, it can't hurt to be friends with an ex. If you're still cool with her atleast, then go for it. However, if you think she's doing it to possibly try to get back together, then I would say no.

no photo
Wed 11/21/07 08:43 PM
That's up to you really. As for me, I'm looking forward to some ME time. I'm staying home alone baking and getting baked all day long haha. I'm going to buy a couple movies in the morning, come back, start the turkey and stuffing and smoke out all day...

no photo
Wed 11/21/07 08:39 PM
What's the difference between a opossum and a possum? lol

no photo
Wed 11/21/07 08:37 PM
Sounds awesome, I'd be there if I was in the area... to bad I never see stuff like this around here.

no photo
Wed 11/21/07 01:08 AM
(insert serious cat here) Sorry, I had to do it once more before bed. Goodnight! (btw, the irony here is my initials are CAT, so I guess I AM serious cat... hmmmm....)

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 11:13 PM
It's only 11 here too :wink: Futurama is on! To bad I've seen this one like 3 times... sad Family Guy is on next though, woot!

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 11:01 PM

Here's one could be a toughie what is the meaning of life and why are we here Or is this one too heavy

42 is the most basic of answers and is very acceptable. However I feel the meaning of like is one giant learning experience that prepares us for the next life. (yes, insert serious cat pic here) glasses

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 07:15 PM

Ok, I think I'm in love! We haven't been together but a couple of weeks, but I really think this is going to go places. What's a way to say "I think I love you" with actually using those words, and so I don't make an awkward moment?

I would say feel it out before you speak the words "I love you". I believe in love at first sight, however it really could potentially scare him off. I say just pay alot of attention to his body language and actions and what he says and feel it out before you tell him anything. Who knows, maybe he feels the same about you but he's scared to say it for fear of scaring you off. Play it by ear is the best advice I think.

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 07:08 PM
to SDM-

It was late, and I was tired when I originally posted so I wanted to kinda reiterate what I wrote before to help you better understand someone's mind that went through basically a similar situation as your son faces and will grow up with.

My mom and dad were engaged to be married when my mom got pregnant with me. She would have been his second wife, as he already had a son with his first wife who he did keep in contact with to an extent, however only when it was convenient for him. Anyway, the basic story I was told when I was little and grew up believing was that my dad broke up with my mom after she got pregnant with me. My mom still kept in contact with my grandma and aunt for a bit after I was born, but then lost contact with them as well. That's the story I was told from the time I was old enough to remember. Just recently since I came in contact with my father's family was I told the entire story by my mom in detail.

My mother never went after him for child support or anything, because she didn't want to bother with it or put me through anything, knowing how he was with his other son. So anyway I grew up looking at my father as a sperm donor too. I had no feelings for the man. He didn't exist in my mind, only as a donor. I wouldn't acknowledge him as a dad or father. I still really don't, I only use the term loosely to speak of him to others. However around the time I was 15 the state went after him for child support because of my mom receiving AFDC etc. He put me through a paternity test. This really pissed me off, like a slap in the face. Not only is it like second guessing who my dad is when he knew I was his, but I'm deathly afraid of needles to where even to this day I, my mom goes for blood tests due to diabetes, and I can't stand in the room or even listen to them talk because I get light headed. Anyway back to my point, from the on I really did start to resent my dad. Like why would he do this?

Well, looking back now that I'm grown, I don't regret anything. If anything I'm stronger for it, yet more sensitive when it comes to women's feelings. The only thing I do regret is not having the rest of my family, especially grandparents and aunts/uncles in my life. Really the only advice I can give you is to make sure your son knows and understands the full truth when he is old enough. As well if your son does meet his father, as I'm sure he will, tell him the truth. Don't introduce him as a friend or uncle or anything. Your son needs to know the full truth regardless even if you think it will upset or hurt him, it's better in the long run. My mother told me what (in her mind) she felt a needed to know, and now I find out there is so many details left unsaid that it's really disapointing and upsetting that stuff was kept from me. Your son will find out the truth eventually regardless, so it's best to be upfront from the start.

I hate to go into another example, however this may even relate to you a little more. My cousin got pregnant at 18. She had a girl and the father left before she was born. He wasn't there for the birth or anything. However the grandparents still kept in touch and wanted to see her and be grandparents still. Naturally it could only be avoided for so long, till the father saw his daughter. He was introduced as an uncle, as my cousin met a man and married a couple years later. So my cousin's husband has always been known as dad to the girl. Well now that little girl is 9 years old, and she found out in a very disapointing way that this man who was introduced as an uncle, is her real father. Her half sister (the man's daughter from another woman) told her that he was her dad and they were sisters. I cannot even fathom the thoughts running through her mind or the potential trauma she could suffer from wondering why she was "lied" to all these years.

Anyway I just hope you take these experiences and use them in your decision of what to do. Good luck to you.

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 10:20 AM
I like Blood+ alot, although it's hard for me to catch it when it's on. I'll probably end up just buying it on DVD or something. I like Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, and Bleach.

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 02:45 AM
smarts, common sense, sense of humor, similar interests, honesty, faithfulness, trust, dependability, affectionate, passionate, a little attitude and decisivness, goals, a good idea of self worth, ability to communicate.

As for looks, hmmm, I'm in love with Jessica Alba... haha. Gwen Stefani is another HOTTIE... but we are talking IDEAL though...

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 02:15 AM
SDM let me tell you something. My dad left my mom before I was born. I NEVER met him. Then this past year I actually found my dad's myspace page, and through it, the whole rest of my family. It turns out I not only have a grandma that loves me as if I was there all my life, and I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters, whereas before (with my mom and me only) I was an only child growing up. I do not regret anything or feel resentment to my dad because he was never there. I have no feeling for him whatsoever, however I do wish I had the rest of my family (particularly my grandparents) in my life.

Now, I have no regret, because it was my dad's choice not to have anything to do with me, however if I found out he did, but my mom kept me from him, I would be pretty damn pissed at her. So yeah, keep this in mind from someone that grew up with this exact experience in mind.

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 01:21 AM
Not wanting a relationship is just as normal as wanting one really, regardless of what society says is "normal". However I feel deep down, everyone is always searching for that one person that makes them feel they will never be alone again.

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 12:56 AM
Sex is not the answer. You find someone that's really into you and not just for sex. Once you find that, you will find yourself consumed with thoughts of them as well, and in turn forget about your ex.

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 12:46 AM
You're young and attractive, move on and find someone new. Do you have girlfriends? Go out and have some fun, you're sure to meet a guy.

no photo
Tue 11/20/07 12:41 AM
Edited by Illusion_of_me on Tue 11/20/07 12:41 AM
2. He is not a "BAD DANCER" - He is "OVERLY CAUCASIAN."

I do not consider this PC, as it is racist, saying white people can't dance. My cousin is living proof that caucasian people CAN dance. I think the correct PC term would be rythmically challenged maybe? laugh laugh laugh

However "STUPID PEOPLE" are now just "AWARENESS IMPAIRED." makes up for your lack of PC terminology. haha I love that one.

no photo
Mon 11/19/07 09:32 PM

Whats a bob?

ROFL! I'm a guy and I know what this means HAHA! laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Mon 11/19/07 09:07 PM
I came up with Illusion_of_me about 10 years ago as my second screen name ever for anything online related. I sat for awhile and contemplated, what is a screen name? Well, it's and Illusion of you, or in this case, it's an Illusion of me.

PS: My first screen name was Sircat69... lol Sir, just to add a sir name to it, CAT is my initials, yes my initials really spell CAT lol... and 69 was my favorite number at the time, hey I was only 16 what can I say... haha

no photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:10 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh