NavyRETIRED's photo
Tue 06/20/17 11:06 AM
Yep scam.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Tue 06/20/17 02:28 AM
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the nose..for me anyway lol

NavyRETIRED's photo
Tue 06/20/17 02:26 AM

This is a topic that I think needs to be covered! As we get older some will in my opinion, lose their natural beauty to vanity. I am not so shallow to say I would never care for a person with grey hair. Actually truth be honest, I like grey hair and to me its a symbol of maturity over time like a badge to be worn. I actually posted three pictures on my profile of women(models) with grey hair just to say for me anyway, "its okay to be grey." It's not a fetish its a statement. And honestly also to me hair dye smells, and the ton of perfume to cover it over.

Why models? Why not post an ordinary woman with grey hair? It's okay to be grey, but you should put on tons of make-up and look like a beauty queen?

Hmmm, well like sybar said, it's a personal preference. And while I respect your right to your own preference, I disagree with you!

Just because someone has grey hair, it does not mean they have maturity. Your equating it to being like a badge to be worn. Badges are earned through actions and honorable performance, not due to the color of our hair, eyes, etc. What about those who never grey? Does that mean that they never reach maturity?

And as far as hair coloring goes, I have never had a man tell me my hair smells funny, quite the opposite actually.

I for one would not want someone admiring me or thinking highly of me because I have grey hair. I actually do have grey hair, but I color it. Not because I'm ashamed of it, or because I think it makes me look old. I do it because it's my choice to and I like having brown hair.

But this is just my opinion, you have a right to your own.

Good luck in your search.

I chose models off of Printerest cause they are public pictures, If I used just anyones photo I would have to use a release statement. As far as hair odors with hair dye, I have a picky nose I guess or that it was done at a beauty shop with hot curlers styling or something and it almost took my breath away but that was only on a couple of women that I could smell it and the only experiences I have had with hair coloring. I have a sister that went through chemo she lost it all and it came back Grey and I thought it was stunning. And I felt why color it when it has a natual beauty and of course if you want to color it that is fine for you, but some women panic when the see that first grey hair and they think they need to have it colored because they feel it is unattractive, my point is in saying this is it looks great to me.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 07:18 PM
This is a topic that I think needs to be covered! As we get older some will in my opinion, lose their natural beauty to vanity. I am not so shallow to say I would never care for a person with grey hair. Actually truth be honest, I like grey hair and to me its a symbol of maturity over time like a badge to be worn. I actually posted three pictures on my profile of women(models) with grey hair just to say for me anyway, "its okay to be grey." It's not a fetish its a statement. And honestly also to me hair dye smells, and the ton of perfume to cover it over.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:59 PM

Topic: looking for old man

Here you go:

By the way, as I write this, your Mingle2 profile says that you are a man looking for woman for dating.

:thumbsup:

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:55 PM

Topic: 55-70 is dating fun?

whoa I almost didn't make it sad2

Dating is fun at any age.
It's not how old you are.. it's how old you feel.
If you feel like a pimply faced kid again, that's wonderful.
Go for it and may the force be with ya.

I just want to remind you that there are some bad people in the
internet who might want to take advantage of you. Keep your
guards up all the time. It's a jungle out there.

Welcome to Mingle2
and good luck in your search
smile2

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:53 PM

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I have some advice to all the men out there who might be wondering why they don't get a response for the women they message. 1. Give your marital status. If you don't the woman will probably assume that your either married or separated and believe it or not, most women to looking to meet someone online don't want to date men who are married or separated. 2. List your interests. Saying I'll tell you later says you either don't have any interests, you don't want to mention them or you can't take the time to list them. Listing your interests will give the woman something to talk about if she wants to have a conversation with you. 3 Don't just say Hi. I know it's hard to put your self out there, but look at the woman's interests and ask her a question. If she says she likes to travel in her profile, ask her if she's done any traveling lately etc. Just saying hi makes it very difficult for either of you to start any sort of conversation. And this is just my pet peeve - you've never met me so do not call me sweetie or honey I can't think of a bigger turn off - plus it sounds really condescending. Thanks for listening.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:50 PM

Finding love over 50 is more than possible. Psychologically and emotionally it can be fairly stable, depending on realistic expectations and an awareness of the human condition. Love is possible at any age.:smile:

I agree with this whole heartedly, and take your time no rush, there is no biological clock ticking at our age lol

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:45 PM
Its good you ask and take a step to learning about a person, you are correct in your feeling this, don't ever let someone tell you otherwise. For whatever reason you get snubed, pick your self esteem up and move on man, don't doddle on it.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:42 PM
Good luck Dan, I don't know where toody got the idea your on a date mission I did not even see that word in there. I hope most people here are looking for a life partner, but I have been approached by a lot of scammers and it is disheartening. Again good luck.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:33 PM
Edited by NavyRETIRED on Mon 06/19/17 06:36 PM
I try to think the glass is half full rather than half empty. Trust issues come and go. I lived through divorce(S) and come out okay except the emotions involved with it afterwards. I kind of think this, get to know each other over the length of a year, then pop the question and become engaged. And, be engaged, the couple should come to the conclusion after three years whether or not if you can trust this or that person for the rest of your life. I don't ever recommend something fast. Just my opinion in for a penny, in for a pound. Just remember to let her know how much you care and appreciate her, and that would be the emotion talking here, not some multi-dollar gift like your trying to buy her.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:23 PM
Edited by NavyRETIRED on Mon 06/19/17 06:24 PM
To me a deal breaker would be the loss of trust in a relationship. But I think with communications for whatever reason can be gained back. Relationships will be pull and tug okay. When going into a relationship get the cob webs out of the closet, this is a time to come clean, wipe the slate and start. Be honest up front cause hopefully your choosing a partner for life. That is what I would do when I feel the time would be right and say it that way.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:15 PM

I think a little karma is in the mix, I don't believe in the saying love at first sight especially at my age. Soul mates, just my opinion, are wondering souls, you might even pass one another at the mall or going down the street, or pulled up to a traffic light and looked over to the person at the light next to you. I think if I see my soul mate I would recognize her and approach straight up. Excuse me mam, and ask the question about soul mates, I know it sounds a little weird but....etc. You never know till you check out your feelings with another.

I would know, I am a reader, not as in a book, but body language and cues. Your ever watch the TV program "Lie to me"......don't I would know. And when I go out to play billards, I watch and study people. I am not freaky I just find it interesting.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:09 PM
I think a little karma is in the mix, I don't believe in the saying love at first sight especially at my age. Soul mates, just my opinion, are wondering souls, you might even pass one another at the mall or going down the street, or pulled up to a traffic light and looked over to the person at the light next to you. I think if I see my soul mate I would recognize her and approach straight up. Excuse me mam, and ask the question about soul mates, I know it sounds a little weird but....etc. You never know till you check out your feelings with another.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 06:01 PM

Thanks Mike, but I feel it will take more than luck or a few pass say remarks to find the kind of woman I am looking for. I frankly even hired a professional match maker and that didn't work well either, I fired them after the first meeting they set me up with. So I am back to the one person I trust the most, is myself. If I cant trust myself to find what is right for me then I might as well hang it up, I put a lengthy profile here for a start without the glam and glimmer, and it is not unrealistic. The demographics of our country support what I am looking for. It will just take her to realize I am here, and that I am looking for her, and that I am real and not a scammer, spammer, cat fisher, or data miner. Latter pard.

You hired a professional matchmaker? Oh wow, that is serious, navy man.
Are you also trying paid dating sites? Those might be worth your money.

Join us in the forums and meet the community... most of us are fun and friendly. Make friends while you're looking.

Welcome to Mingle2 and good luck in your search

.... oooooh I forgot to mention, I suggest not including beautiful women pics in your profile.... might scare off women not so beautiful... but hey, it's your call.

Cheers drinker

I put those pics there as a grey hair standard as to what I think is attractive and beautiful to me anyway. I do not look at it as a fetish, I look at the person as they really are, with no hair die, trying to be what they are and it is earned not covered up, sort of like a badge of honor. I will be glad to explain if anyone ask, I myself am graying and proud of it.

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 05:50 PM
TY

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 05:48 PM
,,,, 61love

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 05:47 PM
boo lol

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 05:45 PM
They be hiding behind the tree's lol

NavyRETIRED's photo
Mon 06/19/17 01:44 PM
No thanks Rosey, I am winging it on the fly girl and no putty tats for me, I mention cats and he thinks lunch lol