Community > Posts By > Nyteplay

Nyteplay's photo
Sun 07/06/14 11:26 PM
Would that be considered an act of war or a terrorist attack? Deportation does not work- the majority of illegals cross the border again. Amnesty is a bad idea and a bad policy. It's akin to giving a child a cookie after bad behavior. As a country, we need to address both sides of the issue. Let's first secure our borders, starting with the states that are hardest hit by the influx of illegals. Electric fences, guard dogs, land mines etc. Use whatever works to prevent this mass incursion. Secondly, go after those that are all ready here. Round em up, write em up, and lock em up. It may cost the taxpayers money but in the end, it's cheaper than uninsured illegals requiring medical care,school districts absorbing the costs of illegal enrollment, or risking a serious TB outbreak
No easy answers but we need to create a solution to the problem. I agree all bleeding stops eventually- one of two ways-one either bleeds out and dies or the cut clots and stos
Just saying

Nyteplay's photo
Sat 01/29/11 09:29 PM
Hmmm.
Race card? Obama's mother was white, which by default classifies him as white by birth.so which race card is being played here?
I don't think the mid-term losses were a reflection of rampart racism in this country but rather a call for change that has been too long in coming from both parties.
In my opinion, the Tea Party is a viable alternative choice
Love her or hate her at least Sarah Palin speaks her mind and does not back away from the issues. She also did a hell of a job for Alaska as governor

Nyteplay's photo
Fri 01/28/11 10:09 AM
Hmmm...if he hadn't been a Muslim cleric would this have even made the news? Just a thought...

Nyteplay's photo
Fri 01/28/11 09:51 AM

Not supporting stupidity, just defending the right to be. Stupid without government intervention or regulation.
I too am a conservative,but there is no question our rights are slowly being eroded by knee jerk legislation.
The Brady Bill comes to mind,which has done nothing to stem the illegal ownership of weapons. Having to show identification to buy spray paint, nail polish remover, or model glue is another. Let's suspend a five year boy from school for kissing his classmate on the grounds of sexual harassment. Yep it happened
.oh let's not forget the attempted ban on Happy Meals in California.
Just saying that if individual
rights are not safeguarded and held sacred, pretty soon there will not be any individual rights left to worry about.
Counterpoint?

Nyteplay's photo
Wed 01/26/11 02:22 PM
Unbelievable!
The mother only will serve 7 years?!
The death penalty is even too lenient for these parents!!

Nyteplay's photo
Wed 01/26/11 12:00 PM
Personal responsibility and accoutability cannot be legislated by the government.
A few isolated cases of sniffing bath salts does not constitute a drug crisis anywhere near the same level of meth or alcohol abuse in this country
Should we ban presription pain killers or tranks due to reported cases of abuse?
How about prohibiting the sale of rope,vehicles and golf clubs since all of these have been used to commit suicide or murder at one time?
Should the goverment require all sales of condoms to be registered and reported?
Once government begins to intervene and legislate private choices and free will,
We risk losing our most intimate freedoms
Bedroom police anyone?

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 01/24/11 01:07 PM
I would seriously question the veracity of that data.for example NV has the highest unemployment rate in the nation, the highest foreclosure rate, the state budget is in shambles, state workers are on forced furlough days. What criteria did they use to rank AK second worst after CA?

Nyteplay's photo
Fri 01/21/11 01:34 PM
INS,politcal asylum or amnesty? It seems to me the kids are not the issue here since they have US citzenship
The problem of illegal immigration would remain unchanged.

Nyteplay's photo
Fri 01/21/11 12:57 PM
The food stamp program is admimistered and overseen by the USDA which means federal
money. Every state also receives educational funds from the federal government
It would stand to reason that in some way the federal government is supporting and funding illegal immigration knowingly or not
While the children who were born here have citzenship, the parents do not and are subject to deportation under the law.
The true costs for illegal immigration cannot be tallied
and estimations are based on variable data.

Nyteplay's photo
Fri 01/21/11 11:32 AM
only one out of ten Americans support health care reform?
It could be they don't support
the current legislation,not reform in general. Where did those poll numbers generate?
Access to health care has become a privilege to far too many people instead of a basic right.
Why should those in the senate and the house have access to the very best the system has to offer when the average person is denied the same coverage? Lest we forget it is our tax dollars paying for
that medical access
Health care reform has been debated and argued dating back to the early 1900's.
Whether you agree with the current legislation or not,
it is at least a start to fix
a system that focuses more on beaucracy than on providing health care services

Nyteplay's photo
Tue 05/11/10 07:08 PM
lol.That opens a whole other set of problems tho-think of the sanitation issues.

Seriously, about the fence-How many trillions of dollars will it take after it is built to maintain it and man it?
is the fence the most feasible way to stem the illegal immigration problem? And the fence is not going to stop the underground tunnels either.

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 05/10/10 11:50 PM
Texting while driving? No one is able to multi-task that well. i was also involved in an accident caused by a texting driver. It was minor but it should have never happened. You do not come to a dead stop in the middle of a busy highway to text someone. Texting while driving is just plain idiotic, not to mention dangerous. For what is's worth calling someone while driving---hands free or not __ is
not much better. Distracted drivers are unsafe drivers.

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 05/10/10 11:40 PM
Lewis Farrakhan?! Indeed. First time in a long time, I have been rendered speechless.

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 05/10/10 11:38 PM
Vengence? Where does that come into play here? Arresting people for breaking the law is not vengence. Making jail time a punishment, as it was intended, isn't either. All Sheriff Joe is doing is ensuring those who break the law are being held acountable for doing so.

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 05/10/10 11:02 PM
Nice- Thank You!

Why is it that Freedom of Religon seems to only to apply to mainstream religons and not to those whose choose to follow a different path?

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 05/10/10 10:40 PM
Crime Suppression sweeps or arresting illegal immigrants for violating the laws of this country? Being P/C does not change the fact that Sheriff Joe is actually enforcing the laws that are already on the books. Whether people agree with his methods or not, he at least making a difference in how the laws are enforced and holding the people who break the accountable for thier own actions.

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 05/10/10 10:31 PM
Why Thank You!

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 05/10/10 09:01 PM
Prohibition did not work the first time around. Illegal speakeasies sprang up all around the country, the feds could not keep up with with enforcement, bathtub gin was being brewed in homes around the country. Let's not forget that Al Capone, Bugsy Malone and that ilk also got involved in rum-running.
Re-instating prohibition for either alcohol or pot or both will not work.

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 05/10/10 07:25 PM
Actually check out the CDC website.I don't think anyone is arguing the validity of the medicinal uses of pot. I think that what is being lost in all of this is that just like any other drug, people can and do have adverse physical and psychological reactions to pot over long term use. To say that it has never caused any long term damage or deaths is misleading at best. That is not opinion but fact. It's not a question of alcohol vs pot. It's not the fact that alcohol is legal and pot is not. There have been 2 deaths that have been posted in this forum that can be at least be linked indirectly to prolonged pot use.To say that no deaths have ever occurred is just playing fast and loose with logic. It's like saying that alcohol is not responsible for drunk-driving accidents- it's the drivers fault. A tad disingenious wouldn't you say?
Pot-or more accurately THC- can cause damage to a developing fetus, causing birth defects, and in some cases loss of the pregnancy.The damage in this instance is documented.
Facts, statistics and reports can all be manipulated by the issuing agency to show exacty what the agency wants them to, be it pro-pot or anti-pot.

Nyteplay's photo
Mon 05/10/10 05:00 AM
I'm torn on this argument. I had a family member killed earlier this year when he drove his ATV off a cliff.The tox screen came back positive for both pot and alcohol.Had he not been under the influence of both I doubt the accident would have occurred.He had a "prescription" for the pot.
Pot does in fact causes depression and yes there are studies to back it up.If the depression becomes severe enough, suicide will occur. Pot will be a secondary contributing factor to the death.
To say that pot has never caused a death is either an outright denial or ignorance.

To dismiss a death as non-related to pot is unjust without knowing the full facts.

To dismiss a person's emotional response to the death is outright wrong on every level.
Would you feel any differently if they had been killed in a drunk driving accident?

Has anyone addressed the issues of social vs chronic use of cannabis?
Most social users( weekend users) fire up and care only about having enough Doritos and Pepsi to make it through the weekend. The only thing that might motivate them to get argumentive is whether to listen to the old Hendrix records or watch Pink Floyd's The Wall.
Social users very rarely escalate to using harder drugs.
Hardcore chronic users present a very different problem. They are very apt to be using other drugs and very often are unemployed. The probability of these users committing crime is high. I am not sure how many banks have been robbed by people high on pot, but let's address the neighborhood gas and sips. Good chance that drugs were involved.
There are places in Northern California that have been taken over by the pot growers that make it unsafe for people to go into our national parks and forests. The Emerald Triangle comes to mind.

Now for the other side of the arguement.
Pot does have documented medicinal uses. It has been proven effective in the treatment of glaucoma, combating the side effects of chemo, chronic pain, and eating disorders, and in treating the effects of HIV/AIDS in individuals. Pot has less side effects than prescription tranks by the way.
The argument can be made that if it was legalized and controlled by the Federal government, the quality would be regulated and the amount of THC present could be standarized.
THC attaches to fat cells throughout the body and it's presence can be detected for up to a month after use. A contact high will do the sme thing.
The sale of pot would be taxed and business licenses would generate a further revenue source. Having a age requirement on the buying, or possession of the pot would reduce the underage use.
I cannot resist commenting on Reefer Madness. Has anyone other than me actually seen it? Remember this movie was brought to you by the same people who lied to us about so many things such as the Gulf of Tonkin incident, the lone gunman theory, etc. The US Govt. was testing LSD on our own military, sometimes with fatal results.
To imply that one hit off a joint is going to cause an individual to become a mad criminal or into a sex-starved maniac is almost funny.
Maybe one should light up before watching. It would probably make more sense, not to mention be really fun to watch.

Previous 1