Community > Posts By > MrRight2008

MrRight2008's photo
Tue 09/18/07 11:32 AM
Tatum Bell and T.J. Duckett? how do they not have a running game? lol

MrRight2008's photo
Tue 09/18/07 10:31 AM
the stories of the year seem to be the Texans and the Lions.....

MrRight2008's photo
Tue 09/18/07 10:07 AM
in the UPC we have tons of liscenced women preachers, pastors, missionaries. there was lady by the name of Pauline Gruse. she was a missionary to kenya or libya i believe. died twice and God brought her back from the dead both times. once struck by lighting dead on in the face. and the other bit by a spider. we even have Ladies Retreat in all the states here where there's only women preaching and its to other women.....

MrRight2008's photo
Tue 09/18/07 09:31 AM
hey, dont get me wrong. Im not saying ANYBODY is wrong. im just quoting what the Jesus Himself said. and a few other scriptures that back it all up. I'm not gonna try to "convince" u to convert to anything. the choice to live a live devoted for God is totally up to you. i cant make that for u. the way i see it, is that if you want to convert someone, or see someone converted, telling them isnt going to convince anything....if you believe that something is the truth, then you have to live it. the Bible talks about how we'll know a true believer by the fruits of their spirit. if they're living right like the Bible tells us to, then ppl are going to know there's something different and be like: "There's something different about them. They're always happy even during struggles, their marriage isnt doing so well, but yet they're happy as can be. They've got this, this and this goin on, but that doesnt seem to phase em..I wanna know what they have, cause I gotta get ahold of it."

MrRight2008's photo
Mon 09/17/07 08:21 PM
He didn't have to do it. He could have said: "Oh well, you guys messed up, not me." but no, He CHOSE to do it all in the name of a little four letter word that is so overused, that in most cases today has no meaning, that yet even some people have such a hard time using.......L...O...V...E. Love.

So, I'm curious here, not bashing u or anything...just wondering......where can you find, and prove, that the bible has no unique view on love?

MrRight2008's photo
Mon 09/17/07 08:19 PM
Another unique Biblical claim to love, is the fact that God Himself that created the universe, and all of us, came down to the same earth and human kind that He created, and suffered great humiliation, got spat on, had rocks thrown at Him, took a beating that no normal human could withstand and live, took a crown of thorns on His head, and hung on a cross carved out of a tree. why? BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU.

MrRight2008's photo
Mon 09/17/07 08:17 PM
abracadabra wrote: "The Bible holds no unique or special claim on love."

But the Bible DOES hold a unique or special claim of love.

1 John 4:8 - He that loveth not, knoweth not God for God IS love.

He also wrote: "If Jesus were here today I would greet him as my brother and he would embrace me and kiss me on the cheek."

Jesus would greet you as His child. Why? Because Isaiah 9:6 says: For unto us a child is born; unto us a son is given. And the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

Right there, is a prophecy of the birth of Jesus Christ, a direct biblical claim that Jesus Christ is THE God.

John 1:1, and 14 also supports this claim.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God, and the word was God. Verse 14 states: And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

MrRight2008's photo
Mon 09/17/07 10:48 AM
There IS only one way. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto God except by me." Matthew 7:13-14 says: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

MrRight2008's photo
Mon 09/17/07 10:00 AM
they wont win the National Championship now, unless by some miracle, but Michigan WILL win the Big 10, and go on to win the Rose Bowl. Go Blue!

MrRight2008's photo
Sun 09/16/07 08:11 PM
i dont understand where scripturally man can obtain god status...

MrRight2008's photo
Sun 09/16/07 08:01 PM
As far as I know, the Mormon church does not believe this, and they do believe that man will eventually become a god of his/her own planet. they also believe that you can purchase baptism for the dead, which none of this is supported in scripture. the Bible also says in Psalm 119:89 - For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

And it also says in Galatians 1:8 - But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

The doctrine Paul was speaking of here was that which was originally taught by the Apostles that Jesus had given them knowledge of. The mormon church does not preach this doctrine. As they have added new scripture (the Book of Mormon) which is also stated in the Bible that if any man adds or takes away from the Scripture, that there will be punishment.....

MrRight2008's photo
Sun 09/16/07 07:55 PM
the Bible says that we will know TRUE believers by the fruits of their spirit. the Bible also says that the ONLY way to obtain true salvation is to repent of your sins with Godly sorrow, be baptized by full emmersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the REMISSION of sins (meaning that your sins are completely washed away, and not even remembered by God), and to recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues. this is found in Acts 2:38 as Peter is preaching when he tells the people "That God made that same Jesus which ye have crucified both Lord and Christ." the people then ask "Men and bretheren, what shall we do?" "Peter said unto them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins and ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, unto your children, and all those that are afar off even as many as the Lord our God shall call." the evidence of Jesus name baptism is found in Acts 4:12 - For there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved. Baptism in titles (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) is not spoken of here. Matthew 28:19 is the only place. And that was Jesus giving a command to the Apostles. If Peter was wrong for saying "In Jesus Name" the other Apostles would have stood up and told him that that was not what Jesus said. When Jesus gave his command, the Apostles understood what He was speaking of, and did as He had commanded them. When you say "I now baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." You are only repeating the command, not following it as in Acts 2:38, and Acts 4:12. The first outpouring of the Holy Ghost is found in Acts 2:4 - 4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

MrRight2008's photo
Sun 09/16/07 11:34 AM
by default, i gotta agree with what shadowdog says......

MrRight2008's photo
Sat 09/15/07 09:16 PM
them Kentucky boys beat that ass! haha!

MrRight2008's photo
Wed 09/12/07 06:21 PM
hey, dont forget, we still gotta play wisconsin, penn state, michigan state (who is so far on a roll), and Ohio State who is always good.....but WHEN we smash on them, and go ridin on into the Rose Bowl, ALL the Wolverine haters and critics out there are gonna be silenced. Dont write off Lloyd Carr and his Wolverines just yet....Hail To The Victors!

MrRight2008's photo
Tue 09/11/07 08:37 AM
that is hilarious! and that kid gets madd props for that one lol

MrRight2008's photo
Sun 09/09/07 05:25 PM
im a michigan fan, but the way they're playing right now, they can kiss my ass anyway lol it's over for Notre Dame tho. Michigan's gonna whack em

MrRight2008's photo
Sun 09/09/07 05:24 PM
its either gonna be USC, LSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, or Nebraska

MrRight2008's photo
Tue 09/04/07 02:32 PM
Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!

MrRight2008's photo
Thu 08/30/07 10:59 AM
hey, if someone could tell me how to do the whole rate ppl thing so i can get up on that, id appreciate it