Community > Posts By > debbie1980

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 12:18 PM
Edited by debbie1980 on Fri 09/11/15 12:19 PM

When my father would lead the wee red wagon my sister and I were
in downhill to the bank, I had to sit in the back (being younger
and smaller) then when we went back home I had to sit in front
of the wagon so as not to fall out, my sister behind me.

This really ticked me off.
I wanted to sit in the grown-upperish spot!

I was less than 3 (as we moved to our growing-up house
when I was 3.)

awwwwwww, I hope you got your grown up spot when you got bigger. flowerforyou flowerforyou

I don't think I can remember anything from when I was 3.

you have got a very good memory, its those presents I keep sending you. ha ha laugh laugh :wink: flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 12:14 PM
Edited by debbie1980 on Fri 09/11/15 12:24 PM

My first memory ever, I was 2 and a half.
I'm sure it cannot be a false memory for the people I was with can't remember that event.
I can put an occasion on it from I always kept it in mind and the circumstances I lived this couldn't be placed at any other time of my early life.
I clearly stated that recall when I was around thirty, when I decided to re-orient my profession to something else, to mechanics.

It was summer time, some holiday spent on the sea side, we were three, my mother, my grandmother, my younger sister and I. It was time to have a rest and a snack after some walk. We stopped in a public park and if grandma complained about the lack of shadow from the surrounding trees, the summer on the northern coast of France is never too rough even in its hottest days. We sat on a bench and started to pic-nic.
Not long after we settled there, a street cleaning car came around the place, made a round and steered further in the park. All the time it was under my sight I was wondering "how the hell does it work ?" and "what makes its brushes turn on themselves and so gather the dirt ?"
Someday I'll know !... was my only conclusion.

Back to my thirties, I had studied literature, communication and advertisement, I used to work as a department manager in a DIY store but for the first time unemployed, my car broke down from its timing belt.
Without knowledge at all, just a repair manual and the tools I bought on the occasion, I fixed it.
Then I acknowledged the answer to my own question : how does it work ?
Then I followed a professional training course to learn more about all that stuff.

In the end, I just would say that my first memory is so early because it was yet about what makes us wondering the most : how does it work, whatever it can be, life, things, others....
I feel lucky I've found the answer.

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

2 and a half, wow :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 12:10 PM

LOVE + HAPPINESS + SHARING = ?

well let's see now
if you take the

LE from love and the AP from Happiness and you add ing from sharing

you get leaping

if you take HA from Happiness and add SH from sharing you get Hash

if you take SH from sharing and the E from Love and the EP from Happiness

you get Sheep

of course if you add them all you get
lovehappinesssharing

that don't make no kind of sense grumble noway

:laughing: :laughing: sheep :laughing: :laughing:

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 11:56 AM
The best thing this summer, seeing my niece come back home after she spent 6 weeks in California. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

She gave me the biggest hug and kiss, it was lovely. We didn't want to let go of each other. We had missed each other so much. Im glad she's back home and so is she. :heart:

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 11:49 AM

Never should we forget what happened that day or the reasons it happened.
Forgive yes forget NEVER

Why should I forgive?

I posted above you.

You shouldn't have to is my answer to you.

sorry for what you went through and for those you lost. :heart:

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 11:40 AM

Never should we forget what happened that day or the reasons it happened.
Forgive yes forget NEVER

If I lost someone that day, I don't think I could forgive. Even though I didn't loose anyone I know, so many did, and for that reason I couldn't forgive. just saying, sorry flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 11:31 AM
Im thinking one of the posts/quotes in the ''quote of the day'' thread is so true and this happened to me. flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 11:27 AM
You have no text in your profile? so what do you want rating?

I do agree with everything star said and im glad you have removed your i.d card.

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 11:10 AM

TO Your earliest memory? what's yours?

I don't know.

Whenever I'm around family we tell stories about our past, what we remember about each other, what we think of each other, our history, teasing and bonding, supporting the family group.
There are lots of times family tells stories to others which I overhear.

The brain is a wonderful and evil thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory

But, I have no idea if my "earliest memory" is actually a memory, or a memory based on 40 years of family interaction, storied history, and my brain just creating pictures in my head throughout the years to please that social group and validate their memories.

Could be when I was 12 my mom asked me what my earliest memory was, and if I remembered something that she then describes.
Then I forgot that she asked me that, but I do remember the built memory.

There's a reason why eyewitnesses and children give horrible testimony.

Im sure if I really thought about it, I would have earlier memories than the one I said, I remember that one because it was funny.flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 11:07 AM

Picking up whittling shavings as I set between my Elder Father's long legs while he carved me toys with his elk bone pocket knife. And giggling when he played with my long braids and said if I were hungry we could cut some of them off and fry them for supper. And how he cried inconsolably when he saw me later when the state had cut my hair.

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowers

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 10:42 AM
Edited by debbie1980 on Fri 09/11/15 10:49 AM

Think it is just wishful thinking. In Fla. military and ex military are a dime a dozen but they get in front of a civilian female they are usually strutting their stuff and it is funny. Like watching a baby sauntering around with a load in their diaper doing the "John Wayne" walk. Sorry to burst your ego bubble. (Not) laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh

This isn't just because of the color of your eyes. Are you a happy character, smiley, friendly, flirty?

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 10:40 AM
TO Your earliest memory?

Mine is being in hospital and my parents had to bribe me with money for a injection. I kept going up with the money even when the needle was done, I didn't realize. laugh laugh laugh

I was probably about 6 and I made 10 pound ha ha laugh laugh laugh

what's yours?

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 10:24 AM
flowerforyou :heart: :heart: flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 09/11/15 08:32 AM

british weather!rant rant

Its been a lovely day here today. :smile: flowerforyou tongue2

no photo
Thu 09/10/15 11:28 AM
Sinister. scared scared

no photo
Thu 09/10/15 10:49 AM

I'm new from her

see above for instructions from soufiehere (moderator)

no photo
Thu 09/10/15 10:32 AM
Happy Birthday flowerforyou flowers flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 09/09/15 04:22 PM

Right now ... I would like to be kissed, properly and thoroughly and with the chemistry right, sparks flying, fireworks, the lot

and meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bigsmile

Read previous answer, pub night!!
If only we could!!

im thinking we could :banana: :banana: :banana:

no photo
Wed 09/09/15 04:16 PM
Long day.yawn yawn

Night peeps waving waving

no photo
Wed 09/09/15 04:13 PM

wow thats way off, people can be wierd

if that's to me, that's only part of the story. omg laugh laugh I cant disclose the rest. grumble grumble

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next