Community > Posts By > lookin4home

lookin4home's photo
Tue 03/13/12 08:32 AM

I find so many of my friends can't find "a good man" but then you get into their requirements and it's ridiculous. I am 41.

At this age, almost all guys have kids who are single/divorced and my friends want to be their only baby momma or to be the focus of the guy's entire life or not have him talk to his ex.

A lot of the guys our age are broke from paying alimony and child support and they want the guys to be wealthy. Also the economy sucks right now and a lot of good men are underemployed.

They will not date a bald guy. Yet at this age, most of them have had their hair migrate off their head, down their back and to the azz.

They want the physically fit super built men. Most of those guys blew out knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, by now playing sports

They don't want the guy with glasses.

Not all women are that way but I know so many and then they wonder why they are disappointed.

Any thoughts?

It's not wrong to want those things. Pretty much everyone wants those things, the perfect mate. It's wrong to expect it though. You can want to date a celebrity but unless you are one or in the circle, just don't expect it to happen.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 03/12/12 10:13 AM

Did I mention I really hated Favre?

..and now I really hate Rodgers. :/

Can't they at least have a good QB I can stand? -.-

lol

Prediction.

Browns make the playoffs this year.

Delusional or possible?

lol

I said the same thing about the Lions before this last season, should have put money on it. The Lions are my second team next to the Steelers. Arguably the best and worst teams in NFL history.

As for the topic, they should have kept Manning and let him finish his career where it started. It is business though and cutting him loose is probably best for their team since they are rebuilding and basically have all new staff. Time to let go of the old ways and that includes Manning. He will be off to another team that probably has the ability to be a contender with him under center, and hopefully good O-line protection. Maybe this way he has a better shot at 2 rings like his little brother.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 03/12/12 09:17 AM
Trying to fix what can't be fixed
I keep pound my head, wishing for softer bricks
When my skull splits, steam pours from the lesion
When I've lost my patients in reason, then you'll see my demons
Like the changing of the seasons, hot comes from cold
When I lose my temper, I've lost control
If only I could stuff this anger back in it's hole
Let it burn, and scoop up the ashes from the coal
Taking my lashes as the toll
A story that's getting old

I feel so lost and hopeless, I'm losing focus
I keep looking behind me
If I run fast enough my past can't find me
Cut off my nose for being too defying
The pain was blinding
Ran off a cliff and thought I was flying
That's what happens when you're running blindly
Hitting rock bottom with a sigh of relief
My skeletons had still found me
In a puddle of tears they drown me
1000 deaths my lies had bound me
Finally, I'm sleeping soundly

Fighting a battle against depession
My morale is in recession
My character is in question
I just can't seem to learn my lesson
Still waging war against myself
My wary life sits on the shelf
Dusty and faded
I'm too distracted by this world I've created
I keep trying to earse it, but the lines are too heavy and the characters are too shaded

Analyzing everything but my equation is flawed
Constantly wondering where it all went wrong
Everyone seems to be singing, but I can't hear the song
Everyone is leaving, but they tell me I can't come along
Sitting and hoping the wait isn't too long
They're not coming back, but can I move on?
You can never been King when you're stuck playing the pawn

I want to tear out of skin and become someone new
The person I'm suppose to be, instead I'm trapped in my cocoon
I'm tired of fighting my surroundings and hoping the end comes soon
I can see through the fog, and I'm starring at my tomb
Only where death looms, can life bloom
This is my way of giving back to you

I don't want to die, I don't want to exist
I can't live a lie in blissful ignorance
Money can't by me what I've missed
It feels so far gone it can't be fixed
If I burn all my bridges I won't be missed

What went so wrong with me?
I want to give back what you lost in me
But you never answer my questions, only talk of destiny
I don't know what the question is but you keep testing me
You took it all and keep coming back for the rest of me
You can't seem to find the best in me
I keep settling for mediocrity
My lifes a mockery of what it ought to be
I don't know where I got so lost but this isn't where I want to be
I want to say I paid the price but it was too costly
I lost my life, and to get it back that's what it will cost me

lookin4home's photo
Thu 03/08/12 08:14 PM

Why is it that when a man treats a girl right (opening there car doors, pay for everything, loves with all there is to love) they walk all over them but when the guy abuses the woman they stay true to them? i have been told that i was to good to be true and had my heart broke to many times because i am to nice. can you please tell me what i do wrong and why yall do that?

Maybe you come off needy and constanly seeking approval. Or maybe I'm projecting.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 03/07/12 09:23 PM

How do we learn to forgive?

how have you MADE youself REALLY forgive someone when you thought you never could? What did you tell yourself to convince yourself?

What did you do after forgiving - ever backslide????

If someone does something just to do me wrong then I have no forgiveness.

If they do something that ends up doing me wrong and apologize, actually feel bad about it, will try to make things right and will actively try not to let it happen agian in the future, I can be forgiving depending on what it is.

If you have to convince yourself to forgive someone then you aren't really forgiving them, you're just throwing a blanket over the problem to make it go away.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 03/07/12 02:14 PM

This seems way strange to me...

Where I live, the employee who gives 2 weeks notice is called.... the norm.
If an employer decides it best to let them go sooner, they're(the company) is still responsible for 2 full weeks pay.

The employer must give 2 weeks notice ALWAYS.... but can release them that day with 2 weeks full pay.

If the employee walks off the job, then it's tough crackers for him.... no pay

That's how it should be. They are potentially leaving me in a finacial prediciment depending on if I can start my new job early. I guess I just expect the same level of respect, from my place of employment, that I show to them. I just want a job I can be happy with, feel like I am being a productive member, and be treated like an asset to the company and not a potential liability.

I guess like everything else, people are the problem. One bad apple and we are all treated like potentially bad apples. I'm just hoping this next job is at a better company.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 03/07/12 11:55 AM
TxsGal333, I didn't think about that. I forget not everyone is a good employee and could cause problems or slack off the last two weeks. It will give me time to work on my own things I've been neglecting. There are 4 people that work here and I've been here 2yrs. I thought it would be in everyone's best interest for me to put in my notice and finish things out but obviously my relationship with the owner was more toxic than I thought. I'm just happy to know its over.

Ticker, I agree, we are losing our way. When the company loses its appreciation and respect for its workers the workers are going to lose respect and appreciation for the job and vice versa. I see it all the time in my age group. The older age group wonders why we don't care, since I've been working, no employer has ever shown they care about me. They work me to the bone until I quit and find something new and the process starts all over. I've never been fired from a job because I always do the best work I can. I just don't see anything from the employer but paying the least wage possible and working me as hard and long as possible, with little to no show of respect or appreciation. It's getting old and it doesn't make me want to put out my best effort but I continue trying because I have to have a job. They seem to know that there will always be someone looking for a job and willing to put up with it for a paycheck, good worker or bad, doesn't matter to them, they can always find someone new to replace you.

Where did it start? Did the employer stop caring, or did the employee stop caring, first?

lookin4home's photo
Wed 03/07/12 09:56 AM
Why is it that, as an employee, it's customary to give a two week notice, but the same doesn't apply to the employer?

I put in my two weeks notice today and was told I should just leave at the end of the week. I was showing respect to the company and my co-workers by giving them notice and not just walking out the door and not coming back. I'm glad I had already found a new job. It bothers me though that I told them I needed to put in my notice and couldn't start for two weeks and now I am going to be out of a job for those two weeks.

It seems wrong that companies can show such little respect to their workers and cut them off like they were never there. I can understand if you break a rule or something that would require immediate removal. If it's just not working out, shouldn't you get the same notice from your employer to find a new job that they expect from you to find a new employee?

lookin4home's photo
Tue 02/28/12 01:56 PM

Tipping has gotten out of control and you are all just paying someone to do their job
THATS RIGHT. YOU ARE. Imagine that paying someone to do there job, where else in the market is that done pft.

Here is the rub buddy. If we changed the way waiters and waitresses get paid the cost of the dinner would go up by that amount.

Maybe we should. But then instead of a 10 dollar meal it would be 15, or even more.

More and more businesses are adding a mandatory gratuity to the bill, good for them!

If you dont like it, DONT patronize the establishment. It really is that simple.

I'm saying, pay them more than 2.50 an hour and quit basing their pay on the variables of the industry. A waiter at a hole in the wall shouldn't make less money than someone doing the same job working just as hard at an upscale restraunt. I find it to be flawed logic and I don't believe in tipping.

If I'm there for an hour and leave a $10 tip, if I'm the only table they had, thats $10 an hour. Meanwhile, the dishwasher is making, whats minimum wage now, like $7. He doesn't get tip share, is his job less important? Do customers not care about clean dishes, silverware, and cookware? Maybe he will get a raise if he stays around long enough and does a good job, that's the way it works. The dishwasher shouldn't get stiffed because his pay comes from the employer and not the customer directly.

A waiter's job should not be based on what the customer is willing to pay but on what the employer is willing to pay. If they don't like that I don't tip, they can take it up with their employer, the person that is suppose to be supplying their income.

lookin4home's photo
Tue 02/28/12 11:04 AM
Funniest joke I've heard from a client. I work in the medical industry.

A nurse is showing a patient to his room in the hospital. As they are walking she is going over some of the aspects of his diagnosis and what he should expect while he is in the hospital. They pass by a room and the man notices one of the nurses giving a patient a HJ. He says "Wait a second, what's going on in there?". The nurse looks in the room and says "Oh, that man has a condition that unless ejaculated every hour his testicles will explode and he will die." the man says "Ok, I guess that's understandable" and they keep walking. A short while later they pass a room and the man notices a nurse giving a patient a BJ. He says "Whoa, whoa, whoa, now this is just ridiculous. What's wrong with that guy?". The nurse looks in and says "Same condition, better insurance."

lookin4home's photo
Mon 02/27/12 01:59 PM

Can you show me where in the article it says he got bad service? Or if you can find that information elsewhere, that would be helpful.

Do you tip, Jermanicus? If not, why go to a restaurant knowing that's the standard practice for good service?

Second paragraph below the picture, second sentence. "So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn’t sufficiently bow down to his Holiness."

That implies he was not happy with the service. Bad service is subjective.

I don't tip period. Pay your workers to do their job, not my responsibility. Why would I tip a waiter anymore than I would tip someone at a fast food place? Because they refilled my drink? Get real. Tipping has gotten out of control and you are all just paying someone to do their job. Has anyone ever given me a tip for going above and beyond my duties to give them the best customer service possible, answer all their questions and fix all their problems? No, because that's why I recieve a paycheck and not a pink slip.

How many other people help make your life easier that you tip? How many have offered a tip to the person that cooked your meal? What about the person washing dishes? They pay their cooks, they pay their dishwashers, they can pay for their own wait staff. Or would everyone just be "too good for that" if they made minimum wage waiting tables. I wasn't "too good" for minimum wage when I was washing dishes and watching the waiters d*ck off every chance they got.

lookin4home's photo
Fri 02/24/12 08:09 AM
We lie for the same reason women lie. To get the outcome we want the easiest way possible. The motive behind it can be any of our basic emotions; anger, fear, lust, ect.

Ask yourself "Why would I lie to get in someone's pants?". It's usually a simple answer, "It's the easiest way to get what I want".

Lying makes you selfish and weak. The real problem comes when you have convinced yourself the lie is the truth. But in the words of George Costanza, "It's not a lie, if you believe it."

lookin4home's photo
Thu 02/23/12 09:50 AM
Edited by lookin4home on Thu 02/23/12 09:52 AM
Life cut short, such a waste.
Your death was like a slap in the face.
I hope you're in a better place, but this rat race isn't the same without you keeping pace.
Life is hard, we all need an escape.
Who would have guessed yours would seal your fate.
At a piont in my life I could relate.
The pinch of the needle and the burn of it's warm imbrace.
You're gone and when it's too late, it's too late.
So many things I had left to say.
Wishing I could help in so many ways.
I know it's hard to watch your life wash away, costly mistakes you can never afford to pay.
Watching the erosion of will power and seeing your sanity slip away.
This was suppose to make things better, and it all seemed ok.
Now you're gone forever, and it's not ok.
I'd give my life, to give you one more day.
I got sober, you were going to rehab the next day.

For my friend. Gone too soon.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 02/22/12 03:01 PM
I woke up this morning, already the thoughts crept into my head.
A bottle of whiskey to wash down the pills, off to bed.
Is this just another dream or am I dead?
Maybe I'm trapped here and I'll never get away.
Is my life just an illusion? Is it a game?
These thoughts are the pollution and my tears are acid rain.
I walk the path of least resistance, to get back from wince I came.
Nonexistance, it's better this way.

The only real goal in life is death.
I'm willing to throw away what's left.
I could care less if I passed your test.
I'm giving life a rest, I just can't go on anymore.
Never had aspirations of knocking on heavens door.
Maybe it's my fear of rejection.
Or maybe it's been so long I no longer need your affection.

lookin4home's photo
Thu 02/16/12 03:35 PM
PIZZA!

I'm a ninja turtle at heart.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 02/06/12 02:44 PM
No I haven't made up my mind.

What I want really doesn't matter to me. I want a lot of things that aren't going to happen or wouldn't be good for me. That's not how I make decisions.

Some of ya'll sound so jaded it's hard to accept what you have to say.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 02/06/12 09:45 AM
Would you date an Ex? Do you believe they are an ex for a reason and you should move on because it didn't work the first time or (after an appropriate amount of time) give it another shot?

Here's my situation. We dated while we were in highschool. I was a senior she was a sophomore and we were together until her first summer out of school. With all the transitioning things were tough and we finally called it quits when she decided to go to a different college 2hrs away from mine.

With her it was like love at first site. I've never felt that way about another person. My feelings for her have never changed. I haven't even been in a commited relationship since we stopped dating about 3 years ago. To me it felt pointless to be with someone else when I really wasn't over her.

We kept in touch. We would talk every now and then over the years, occationally I would see her. She always wished me happy birthday. When I found out she was engaged I decided it was time I stopped talking to her because I wanted her to be happy but didn't want to see her married and the conflict would not have made things easy on either of us.

Out of nowhere she txts me a few weeks ago and we have been talking everyday since. Things obviously didn't work out with her fiance and she moved back about 6 months ago. She said she kept staring at a drawing I did for her and couldn't help but txt me even though I had told her not to.

I'd love to just start over and move on but there are a lot of things that will need to be addressed from our time together before.

My heart says go for it, never stopped loving her. My brain says to be very careful, cuz she will likely end up breaking it.

I don't know if I'm being rational about anything or if I'm just scared because of my feelings for her.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 02/06/12 08:57 AM
I'd give it a shot. It's not like I would be worried she was a gold digger lol.

lookin4home's photo
Mon 01/23/12 12:37 PM
I guess I don't get it. I was on a lay over in Chicago and went outside to smoke and came back in and had to go through the scanner. I set it off and they guy asked me to step out, told me I had set it off, and told me I needed a quick pat down. I wasnt sent to the security room, I got patted down, they couldn't find anything so they put me through again and again I set it off. Turns out I had left a dime in my pocket. I wasn't mad or upset about it, it was my fault for leaving it in there when they asked twice if I had everyting out of my pockets. I, like them, didn't even feel it in there. The whole process of scanning, patting down, rescanning and then checking my pockets once more, took maybe 5 min. I just don't get why it's such a big deal to get a pat down. When I was arrested at 15, the pat down I got was just short of a full cavity search now that I could see getting upset about. That was some REAL groping and grabing. The pat down I got was no worse than entering a concert. With the way people talk about the TSA I was scared to death of flying. Turns out it was just a bunch of people getting in a fuss about something they have SEEN in a video or HEARD about and never experienced, but what's new.

lookin4home's photo
Wed 11/16/11 01:51 PM
It sounds like a bad hang over to me.

Replace doing drugs with drinking and I think you've got a better anti-alcohol poem than anti-drug.