Community > Posts By > GreenEyes48

GreenEyes48's photo
Tue 06/25/13 06:45 PM

Great thread!...I know I can get grumpy and crabby when I feel "overburdened." And when I forget to "reward" myself. Or create a little time for fun....I call this being in the "blame/complain" mode. I feel controlled. And "stuck" with all the work. And "sorry" for myself...But when I come to my "senses" I realize that I'm the one who hasn't been treating myself very "kindly."

Selfcare my friend! I'm quick to look after my self.

Selfcare & and whats that other one that starts with self......hey I'm single, ok!
I lost my husband and both of my sons within a short span of time. So I'm still dealing with some grief. And getting used to being alone. (Without my family.)...But I do work to bring myself back "up" when I've been "down" (or grumpy) for too long....I agree with you about the importance of self-care. Thanks for the reminder.

GreenEyes48's photo
Tue 06/25/13 06:39 PM

Great thread!...I know I can get grumpy and crabby when I feel "overburdened." And when I forget to "reward" myself. Or create a little time for fun....I call this being in the "blame/complain" mode. I feel controlled. And "stuck" with all the work. And "sorry" for myself...But when I come to my "senses" I realize that I'm the one who hasn't been treating myself very "kindly."
I think it's perfectly human to find ourselves there on occasion. Just PLEEZE don't get stuck there! frustrated flowerforyou

I try not to get "stuck!" It doesn't feel good to be crabby or grumpy. (For too long anyway.) YUK!

GreenEyes48's photo
Tue 06/25/13 05:53 AM
My parents told me that they talked it over before they got married and decided to only have one child. (And this was back in the middle to late 40's.)...Both my parents had grown-up in large families. And they were Catholics too...My parents told me that they knew it would be easy to spoil an only child. And they made a decision to try to avoid giving me "everything" and "spoiling me rotten." (Because they didn't want me to turn into a bratty kid or "primadonna" when I got older.)...I figured I should "stick" with 2 kids (when I got married) since I wasn't used to being part of a big family.

GreenEyes48's photo
Tue 06/25/13 05:30 AM

GreenEyes48's photo
Tue 06/25/13 05:11 AM
Basically I just want to be friends first and always say so...I want to take time to get to know and trust someone. And see if we're compatible...When I put a pan of cold water on the stove the water doesn't start "boiling" right away...It takes time to bake cookies or lasagna, etc...And this is how I feel when it comes to love too. I don't want to be pushed in a corner or "rushed" into anything. (Right off the bat.)

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 06/23/13 11:10 AM

A "confident" man can still be a self-centered jerk.
So, it is more than confidence that attracts a woman.

I think that's more arrogance than confidence.
I agree with you about arrogance versus confidence...I don't think anyone is totally confident all the time or confident in all areas...Healthy self-esteem involves being honest about who we are. And honest (and in touch with reality) when it comes to our (present) skills and abilities...This is how I feel anyway...Arrogant people seem to be "masking" their insecurities by "puffing" themselves "up."

GreenEyes48's photo
Sat 06/22/13 06:27 AM
If a man is a total "people-pleaser" with absolutely no identity of his own then he is probably being "indifferent" to himself...He is trying to "attach" himself to any available woman just so he won't be alone...Confident and secure men have well-developed "selves" of their very own. They aren't in a hurry to hook-up with just "anybody." They can afford to wait for a compatible mate...And when they find the "right woman" they aren't going to play games or be "indifferent." Or act like a "little kid." (Who needs a surrogate mama.)

GreenEyes48's photo
Fri 06/21/13 05:47 PM
msharmony...We must be on the same "wave-length." Over the past couple of days I've been trying to "own-up" to everything...I like your analogy about "opening the curtain." Really sorry that you were assaulted.

GreenEyes48's photo
Fri 06/21/13 04:20 PM
A couple of years ago my son wanted to try Mingle.. He was a little shy and talked me into signing-up too. (I was a recent widow at the time.)...I said I'd sign-up but I wasn't interested in dating anyone. Just wanted to post on the forum...My son developed brain tumors and passed-away last year. (Sad!)...I'm still not interested in dating yet. But I post on the forum once in awhile...Feel a little bit "out of place" at times since I'm not interested in meeting a new man right now. And I'm not part of the "dating scene."...I haven't been on a date in 30-plus years.

GreenEyes48's photo
Fri 06/21/13 04:08 PM

The Stigma Of The Never-Married Man
He used to be envied. Now the perpetual bachelor is a social pariah.
By Kate Hahn

Does Everyone Think You're Gay?
Did Your Girlfriend Trick You into Fatherhood?

It's 11 a.m. on Sunday, a time that during your single days was reserved for sex or the gym. But for your newly grown-up, coupled-up crowd it means . . . brunch. Now that most of your friends are over 35 and some have children, this kids-'n'-coffee routine is beginning to feel pleasantly familiar. Until he shows up—the guy who's never been married. He's late, fresh from the gym, and accompanied by a woman who's about the same age and build as the aspiring-actress waitress.

You used to envy this man. Sitting there with his hand on a 23-year-old's thigh while he sips his latte, he makes your banana-pancake domestic life feel lame. But lately that guy's beginning to seem—to you, your friends, and your wife—well, kind of creepy. His brazen rejection of the life stage that most of his peers have gotten to is starting to make it look like there's something wrong with him.

Joe (who asked that only his first name be used), a 39-year-old union organizer in New York who's never been married, has been getting disapproving looks from his friends ever since he turned 30. "There is nothing like a group of married people—especially with kids—when you come into their circle with a younger, thin woman," he says. "It's a terrible reaction."

"These guys get labeled playboy, loser, commitment-phobe," says Carl Weisman, author of So Why Have You Never Been Married? According to U.S. Census Bureau statistics, in 1980 only 6 percent of men between 40 and 44 had never been married; in 2008 it was 16 percent. But even though there are more of them around, men with long-term single status still have a hard time explaining their situation to potential dates, who see a guy entering middle age without ever having been married as damaged goods. In fact, a man whose marriage failed spectacularly tends to arouse less suspicion than a straight, still-single 41-year-old. "If he's over 40, you would hope that he's divorced," says Janis Spindel, a high-end matchmaker in New York who gets calls from hundreds of single women asking for setups. Evidence that even unmarried men in their mid-thirties are suspect is in her fee structure: The up-front charge for guys under 35 is $25,000; for those 35-plus it's $50,000.

If you ask a guy in his late thirties or early forties why he isn't married, he'll have his answer—you could call it his defense—ready. For some, the rationale is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Joe tends to date women younger than he, who are less likely to want to settle down than those his own age. "I would still like to have kids," he says. "But if I date someone who's 40, it's going to be chaos, a lot of pressure if we want kids—because we have to start that immediately, and even then you're not guaranteed."

Interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

GreenEyes48's photo
Fri 06/21/13 03:22 PM

Everything is a choice.

This is life’s greatest truth and hardest lesson. It is a great truth because it reminds us of our power. Not power over others, but the often untapped power to be ourselves and to live the life we have imagined.

It is a hard lesson, because it causes us to realize that we have chosen the life we are living right now. It is perhaps frightening for us to think that we have chosen to live our life exactly as it is today. Frightening because we may not like what we find when we look at our lives today. But also liberating, because we can now begin to choose what we will find when we lok at our life in the tomorows that lie unlived before us.

What will you see when you look at your life ten years from now? What will you choose?

Life is choices.

Some may say that we do not choose our circumstances. You’d be surprised. We have much more power over the circumstances of our lives than most men and women would ever admit. And even if circumstances are thrust upon us, we choose how we respond to those circumstances.

read more at: http://www.lifecompassblog.com/lifes-greatest-truth-hardest-lesson-everything-is-a-choice/
Great topic! Thanks for starting the thread.

GreenEyes48's photo
Fri 06/21/13 03:20 PM
A well-meaning friend sort of put me in a "pickle." But I'm "owning-up" to the point where I could have (and should have) said "no thanks!"...Can't change the past. But I'm trying to learn all I can from the experience. (For the future.)

GreenEyes48's photo
Fri 06/21/13 03:12 PM
Basically I don't assume that everyone is going to like me or want me...I think we're better-off if we learn this lesson as kids. This way we won't have unrealistic expectations when we become adults. And expect everyone to go "ga-ga" over us.

GreenEyes48's photo
Fri 06/21/13 02:45 PM

I don't want to get involved in debates on forums right now. (Or back and forth or intense discussions.)...Really want peace and calm right now...I flip the channel if things get "heated" on the news or on a TV show...Trying to "de-stress."...Don't want to take on all the problems in the world right now...Or step into other peoples' issues or problems on a daily basis...Have my own problems to solve and resolve. And I want to stay "clear-headed." Versus becoming "reactionary!" And "freaking" over every little thing. (Making mountains out of molehills!)

flowerforyou flowerforyou good to see you,

happy that you are avoiding stress,,,,
Thanks...I've been "hibernating" lately. Just needed some time to work through my grief.

GreenEyes48's photo
Mon 06/17/13 11:18 AM
The "razor stuff" sounds like something my husband might do. (When he was still alive.)....Sometimes I've had a tendency to be "frugal" when it comes to myself. (Like buying cheap razors.)...If I cut myself a few times with the "cheapies" my husband would probably feel concerned too. And go out and buy me a "better product." (Even though it cost more money.)...I'd settle for commercial chocolate candy (in a bag) from the grocery store. (To save money.)...Every so often my husband would "splurge for me" and bring home fancy chocolate truffles. (Because he knew I had trouble spending "extra money" on myself!)

GreenEyes48's photo
Mon 06/17/13 10:00 AM
To be honest I'm ready to "go" at anytime! I'd love to join my husband and sons (and other loved ones) in the "afterlife."..But obviously it's not "my time" yet because I'm still "here." So I keep going "on."...I have a positive view about the "afterlife" and don't have fears about "burning in hell."...Over the past few years I've been with my loved ones when they made their "transistion" to the "beyond.".. It was a sad time for all of us. But we had a sense of peace too. We knew that we'd all "meet-up" again. (In a "better place!")

GreenEyes48's photo
Mon 06/17/13 09:43 AM
I don't want to get involved in debates on forums right now. (Or back and forth or intense discussions.)...Really want peace and calm right now...I flip the channel if things get "heated" on the news or on a TV show...Trying to "de-stress."...Don't want to take on all the problems in the world right now...Or step into other peoples' issues or problems on a daily basis...Have my own problems to solve and resolve. And I want to stay "clear-headed." Versus becoming "reactionary!" And "freaking" over every little thing. (Making mountains out of molehills!)

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 06/16/13 03:38 PM

I've always been a firm believer of picking my battles. Anything that revolves around drama is not usually battle worthy.

I find that even more applicable the older I get.

I'm not spending the time I have left on stupid. smokin

I feel the same way. I don't want to debate every little thing...Discussions are great as long as they don't get heated or nasty. Or go round and round and round with no end in sight.

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 06/16/13 03:25 PM
I'd be happy with the expensive razors and the caring and thoughtfulness.

GreenEyes48's photo
Sun 04/14/13 09:45 AM
I don't think I could handle being in a boring and bland relationship for very long...YUK! I don't want to walk through life on "automatic pilot" like a robot...But I wouldn't want to be in a relationship that relied on drama and "upsets" all the time to create passion...No thank you to "dysfunctional passion!" And no thank you to boring and bland!...I prefer passion that makes everyone happy and leads to "good times!"

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25