Community > Posts By > oldsage

oldsage's photo
Tue 01/28/14 05:30 AM

6 degrees here this morning. tomorrow in the 60s crazy weather and like Don says.. no rain or snow in sight!

6 BELOW ZERO here. Wind chill 17 below.

This is supposed to be our last deep cold this year.

Seldom get snow when this cold.

oldsage's photo
Mon 01/27/14 09:31 AM
Weather people say; this will be our last really hard cold spell, this winter. Hopefully that means we will get some snow. Need the water, sub-zero & no snow, looks bad, is hard on city water systems & not good for any plants.

COME ON SNOW.

oldsage's photo
Sun 01/19/14 08:05 AM

Morning everybody..bigsmile Cold again (down to 12 last night) and a dusting of snow.. Good day to stay in bed...lol

Nah, better to go out & make life happen.

Supposed to warm here, at least the wind has calmed down.

"NOW, GO OUT & MAKE THE DAY"

oldsage's photo
Sun 01/19/14 05:21 AM
Life just seems busy this time of year.

Post holiday dulldrums. Weather is being weird all across the country. Very little snow here, have the feeling we will get hit HARD, late in the season. Oh well, mother nature IS a will do as she wishes & we live with it.

Viv, I hear Texas is going to be dry again this year. SORRY.

Mo, your weather is like here.

oldsage's photo
Tue 01/14/14 03:35 PM
Some people's kids; just didn't get the manners lessons their parents taught.

This thread is rather senseless.

Opinion of an Old Sage, with manners.

oldsage's photo
Mon 01/13/14 09:12 AM
Life could ALWAYS be better.

Nothing is ever perfect.

Happy as I can be, with where things are RIGHT NOW.

COULD BE BETTER.

:thumbsup: slaphead tongue2 rofl rofl

oldsage's photo
Fri 01/10/14 03:38 PM
Age might have slowed me, but not till after 50.

62 has slowed me a little, but not that much.

oldsage's photo
Fri 01/10/14 05:39 AM
Anger control is a CHOICE.

Do you realize that when you get angry, you give control of yourself to SOMEONE ELSE.

Question, if you learned how to control your bladder, WHY NOT learn to grow up MORE & learn to control your anger?

Want to learn more, e mail me.

I learned.

Sage

oldsage's photo
Thu 01/09/14 06:36 AM

Hi. Just thought I'd check in to make sure everyone is OK and keeping warm. Anyone want to go to Hawaii with me. It's the only place in the country that is warm right now!

Ready, Willing & Able. After OUR last experience, just say when.

:banana: bigsmile drool drool flowers :thumbsup: waving winking

oldsage's photo
Wed 01/08/14 06:43 AM
TRUST is earned.

TRUST does NOT mean CONTROL.

RELATIONSHIP does NOT mean control.

To many men think control comes with relationships/marriage.

If a guy is to controlling, then he has to handle other issues BEFORE a GOOD/HEALTHY relationship, will happen.

Opinion of a guy that learned, Old Sage

oldsage's photo
Tue 01/07/14 06:41 AM
Proper composition might help, there guy.

oldsage's photo
Tue 01/07/14 06:40 AM

Morning minglers...:smile: Wow, 3 days and no one posting...Weather here is COLD as is a lot of places, down to -16 last night. Hope you all are warm and safe..hugs

Yes, things have been VERY quiet.

Hope you get things under control.

oldsage's photo
Sun 01/05/14 10:03 AM

This story brought me very close to home OP. Thanks for sharing.

I too work in an overly priced area the West Texas oilfield. Summer before last was servicing a well on a large Ranch when I looked out in this pasture and saw what looked like a vintage mobile trailer house. I must have past it 20 times over next week. The shape and size memorized me soi went to town and bought a pair of binoculars. Next day I went back and caught the most beautiful image. It was a Royal Spartanette rv. I was familiar with the brand made in Tulsa Oklahoma post world war 2. History shows that the Spartan Aircraft Company produced these trailers only couple years after the war.

Long story short I drove up to the ranch owners home and offered her $600 dollars for it. I pulled it to a friends shop and proceeds to inspect. The interior was only slightly worn and still had all original equipment. Best thing was all worked like a champ!

I currently live in this 50% remodeled trailer that after searching previous owners was purchased by Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez for $4000 dollars in 1950.

What a find it was!!!

I have seen a movie, they did with a trailer. If you found it, could be worth a pretty penny, esp. restored. FYI. do some more research

oldsage's photo
Sun 01/05/14 05:50 AM

Hummm hopefully he drove running could have made it a tough trip on the Bulldog....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bull dogs ALWAYS ride.

oldsage's photo
Sun 01/05/14 05:27 AM
Navy,YOU are totally correct, age can bring limitations. Those limitations are what each individual allows in their life. There are older people doing unusual extreme things, that they CHOSE to do. So that tells me, each individual SETS their own limitations. We LIMIT ourselves. I like to push my limits. IF & when I die?

I LIVED MY WAY. PUSH THE LIMITS & LIVE.

Opinion Old Sage

oldsage's photo
Sat 01/04/14 06:58 AM
What I used to do, ALL nite.

Now takes ALL nite, to do.

My point is, I can still do it.

oldsage's photo
Fri 01/03/14 07:09 AM

It, seems like I having looking for a friend, partner forever.. I cannot understand why it is taking so long for me to find someone.. am, I doing something wrong? Or, is because men are so damn picky? I, am running out of patience here.. any advice, or ideas here.

Maybe trying to hard, going to fast? Maybe slow down, look for "friends" first. I think we BUILD relationships like a building. Find your solid footing for your foundation, build with QUALITY material & precision.

Think about it.

Opinion Old Sage

oldsage's photo
Fri 01/03/14 07:03 AM
It ALL boils down to "Different Strokes, Different Folks"

We all have different approaches to life, food, living habits, age, etc.

Some chose to fret & worry, some just accept & LIVE.

I prefer to Do what I can, Learn what I can & Bend with the wind of life. Like nature shows, GO WITH THE FLOW. Survive the most terrible storms & keep living.

Opinion of Old Sage

oldsage's photo
Thu 01/02/14 05:19 AM

OK Don it is time to tell them the truth. We both ran off to the island together for a hot timepitchforkdrool Details will not be revealed!noway

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!happy

SHHHHHHHH, thought that OUR SECRET. Now the questions WILL start.

THANKS for the MEMORIES WOW

bigsmile blushing drool flowers flowers :thumbsup: waving :angel:

oldsage's photo
Wed 01/01/14 06:17 PM

I call it "the little voice inside me"

Has saved my life a few times, helped with solving problems & made me money.

I BELIEVE.scared :thumbsup:

A little too scarey sometimes though isn't it? At least it's that way for me. Sometimes I think I would rather not know...but in the long run it usually was worth its weight in gold, not just for me but for others as well.

NOTHING really scares me. Saved my life.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25