Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/18/10 04:00 AM
Edited by papersmile on Tue 05/18/10 04:02 AM

So, the norm is younger women are generally hung up on bs, not enjoying life and playing games huh? Good to know what I'm expected to be like. laugh

i don't know about norms, but i post my comments based on general personal perceptions that i've made through life.

if i had to cough back an opinion based on generalisations, i wouldn't be able to say much at all.

My response was to Oldsage who said it was the norm.

yes, i realize that.

and i was responding to your post to him.

(since i have such good words, i thought i'd help him clarify!)

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/18/10 03:57 AM

So, the norm is younger women are generally hung up on bs, not enjoying life and playing games huh? Good to know what I'm expected to be like. laugh

i don't know about norms, but i post my comments based on general personal perceptions that i've made through life.

if i had to cough back an opinion based on generalisations, i wouldn't be able to say much at all.

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/18/10 03:27 AM
Edited by papersmile on Tue 05/18/10 03:27 AM

Older women have the life experiences to really know men.
Not hung up on alot of BS, enjoy life & less games.

agreed and, knowing there is always an exception or two, there's usually less self-centredness and selfishness going on and we're more able to give pleasure without concentrating so much on what it is we're going to get out of something - or someone.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/16/10 06:22 PM
oh i didn't mean YOU in my post, but rather the girl you were speaking of. there's always someone talking about cliques.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/16/10 06:18 PM
Edited by papersmile on Sun 05/16/10 06:19 PM
every site that i've been on has someone complaining about cliques and about how they are excluded from them.

i liken it to a bunch of friends who've known each other for years and are comfortable with each other. a newcomer doesn't walk into the relationship and immediately become intimate with the other people. it'd be presumptuous of them to expect it.

i never paid that too much attention, i guess because i don't care if i'm liked, or even accepted. i make whatever posts i want, and then get on with something else.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/16/10 06:38 AM
My last job was everyone's dream job.

it's not my dream job. indifferent

MY dream job is to be a lottery winner. drinker

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 05:53 PM
i don't drink much. 1 beer and/or 1 glass of wine and i've got a small buzz going on and feel my legs getting weak. laugh

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 05:20 PM
that, and he's old enough to be your grandfather!

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 05:11 PM
Edited by papersmile on Sat 05/15/10 05:12 PM

A dude's car can be a deal breaker for me. For instance, if some guy picked me up for a date in a Ferrari, I would be super embarrassed and refuse to go.

If you're going to spend $400,000 on a ridiculous CAR (that you would probably never drive when it's snowing or raining), you and I have very different priorities. I can think of about a million things to donate some of that money to, or far more practical things to spend it on.

hmmm my dad's cousin WON a ferrari - purchased on a $100 ticket to support cancer research.

things aren't always what they seem...

I would sell it in an instant!

well he didn't. his reasoning was that his house was mortgage-free, he had money in the bank, and after a hard life deserved a little decadence and some fun. i say kudos to him. we all have different wishful pleasures.

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 04:54 PM

A dude's car can be a deal breaker for me. For instance, if some guy picked me up for a date in a Ferrari, I would be super embarrassed and refuse to go.

If you're going to spend $400,000 on a ridiculous CAR (that you would probably never drive when it's snowing or raining), you and I have very different priorities. I can think of about a million things to donate some of that money to, or far more practical things to spend it on.

hmmm my dad's cousin WON a ferrari - purchased on a $100 ticket to support cancer research.

things aren't always what they seem...

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 01:14 PM
i'd never, ever get bored either. i love, Love, LOVE staying home and could do it forever, if i could afford to.

when i wasn't working, i used to say 'if i won the lottery, the first thing i'd do is go out and find a job - so that i could quit!'

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 01:09 PM

What most people don't realize is that even if you tell people you are smart, funny, and charming, they won't believe you until you prove it.

i think that, instead of just writing it, one needs to try to demonostrate it in their writing. use humour to write the profile if, indeed, one think they are funny.

we are all smart, funny and charming, to a certain degree anyway, and with a grain of subjectiveness too i suppose.

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 10:35 AM
i've always been drawn to guys who work on their cars. usually the guys who work on their cars do so cause they drive cool cars.

i'm not talking the flashy, expensive, preppy stuff, but rather old muscle cars.

it's funny though, the cars were always in the garage being worked on, and i never actually got to ride in any of them. laugh

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 10:08 AM
to clarify my earlier posts, i don't necessarily think that dating sites are a poor choice for those looking.

i actually think they are a fabulous place for busy, single individuals looking for a match. it's an easy way (almost too easy) to weed out those who are incompatible and a convenient way to meet other single people who are also looking to date.

~~~

to get back to the OP, i look at the profile as a resume. i wouldn't dare sumbit my resume blank and walk into the interview telling my prospective employers 'ask me whatever you want to know'.

it's my business to make myself sellable, indispensible and irreplaceable. why should my making myself attractive and interesting to the opposite sex be any different? if i want to date, and i have my eye on a particular man, i'm going to do everything i possibly can to make myself the most attractive girl on the market, right?

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 10:01 AM
i had been working casually in schools for the past year or so (since having a wonderful 6 years home with my kids).

i've recently been hired full-time in an elementary school just minutes from my home and couldn't be happier. i've the best of both worlds: a little bit of extra cash and all the holidays off with my kids

myrtle beach, here we come drinker

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 09:55 AM
i hardly ever drink regular coffee - maybe a cup or two a year. i don't particularly like it.

but i DO make a small pot of expresso almost every morning, froth my milk, and have a latte (or two, or three embarassed).

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 07:14 AM
I bet you'd rethink that Lisa, if push came to shove. Because you would close the door on the medium where you met the LOVE OF YOUR LIFE :wink: flowerforyou So it became the Yellow Brick Road bigsmile

i'm very thankful that i met robin and, as you know, we did meet on one of these sites. we are completely compatible and suit each other quite well.

i'm just saying that if i had to do it all again, i don't think i'd choose a dating site as the way to go. with my luck, he'd end up on a different continent rather than just a different country.

while i don't doubt there are serious and normal people out there looking for true love, i've come across mostly wackoos and idiots so, unfortunately, the majority would win in this case.

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 06:15 AM
i get you point but what am really afraid of is putting stuff up what i like and want and the list goes on what if there nobody to meet my particular interest

i'm not trying to be argumentative. we all get to complete our profiles in the manner in which we choose. i'm just trying to show why 'i' want a profile that's full of information and why, if i'm looking to date, i put as much in mine as possible.

i've had guys write to me saying that that my profiles were too long so there's different strokes for different folks. we're all attracted to something different.

i find it hard to believe that anyone would have interests that not one other soul would like as well. flowerforyou

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 05:51 AM
i do enjoy reading a few profile but don't wanna put stuff up people judge you according to what you write i rather they find stuff out for themselves rather than me stuffing information down their throats

writing a profile IS a way for them to find out stuff about me, isn't it?

i'd rather someone exclude me as dateable by reading what it is i've written, rather than waste both our times by this sort of dialogue:

'hi, how are you?'
'good, thanks. and you?'
'so tell me about yourself'
'well what do you want to know?'
'what interests you?'

what interests me is reading what someone else is interested in so that i know whether or not i'll share any interests with them at all. bigsmile

i WANT to be judged based on what i've written. that way, i'll have people write to me who are attracted to my sense of style and character rather than those who are interested in the surface stuff only.

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 05:28 AM

but how will i abandon farmville? sad

Now that's the only annoying thing about Facebook- the constant invitations to play or get gifts from people playing Farmville or Yovillefrustrated :laughing:

that's what i thought too, til i started playing them!

(you can block all application posts so they don't appear on your page)

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25