Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Thu 06/03/10 03:52 AM

Its just facts.....I'm a realist...and im good looking....:)

rofl

let's just say that 'good-looking' is definitely subjective!

papersmile's photo
Thu 06/03/10 02:59 AM
i find that when i'm into someone, and i'm talking to them, i usually lean forward and find my chin cupped in either one hand, or both.

papersmile's photo
Tue 06/01/10 06:27 PM
sometimes the things that happen force us to take the time to sit back and really smell the roses and enjoy what we DO have.

when we're so wrapped in our jobs, deadlines, goals, etc., it's hard to notice the important stuff right before our eyes.

i've found that 'living below your means' means i'm focusing on things that are much more valuable to me than fancy shmancy vacations, square footage larger than my monthly salary, etc.

i've no idea where i'm supposed to be, but i'm exactly where i want to be. i'm at a good point in my life and am relaxed and content.

papersmile's photo
Tue 06/01/10 06:17 PM
do silent ones count? bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Tue 06/01/10 03:35 PM
a few years ago, i was registering my daughter for a swim team and i heard a 'hi lisa' and when i turned around, it was my high school sweetheart - registering his daughter for the same team!

our daughters became fast friends, swam together for a couple of years, and even visited each other's homes.

he's the only real boyfriend i had with whom i'd stay in touch and/or remain friends. no hard feelings with any of the others, just that he was the most special.

papersmile's photo
Tue 06/01/10 12:34 PM
Geesh, I know Papersmile (Lisa) and she is one of the finest women I've been friends with on this site. Her status is her business.
ummm, actually you don't know me.

no one, except robin, knows me at all on this site, and that includes being privy to my personal life. dan and lisa are a close second.

papersmile's photo
Mon 05/31/10 01:51 PM
at least he's not scratching his balls.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/30/10 06:14 PM

What's your take on those who are separated looking to find luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv love on here?

I mean comeon. huh

Could ya finish ONE thing before starting another? whoa GEESH.

i was separated when i started dating again.

all ya'll can kiss my arse if you don't like it.

i think providing that you are open and honest about your situation, it's up to the person who is interested in you to make a decision about your sincerity - not some people on a dating site who mean nothing to me.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/30/10 06:06 PM
then there are the guys who try to flirt with anything and everything and those ones are repulsive and it doesn't matter what they do or say.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/30/10 03:04 PM
i personally like the type of guy who flirtatiously grins at me and, in a non-verbal way, beckons me to come on over.

i prefer to make the first move as that way i am guaranteed at least physical attraction.

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/29/10 06:03 AM

tell the difference between a $20, $50, or $250 pair of jeans or shirt?

i can see the difference and feel the difference in the quality of the material.

'seven's' are worth every single penny and they run at about $200
and i wouldn't hesitate to buy more than one pair. bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/27/10 05:44 PM
thanks. i think i'm putting mine on the market this weekend and hopefully that'll sell quick enough allow me to make any offers without the worry of having to still sell. i'd really like to close this summer. if not, and i make an offer, i'll make it on the condition of finance and inspection.

i found another hot spot with a pool (an above ground placed in the ground) and am going to take a look inside tomorrow night. taxes are running at about 4,000/year which isn't much more than my current home.

the mortgage won't be any more than the existing one now. i'd like to just port it over to the new house but because i'm already on a variable rate, those aren't portable and i'm not willing to lock in. so i might get zinged for a grand or so transferring it.

i'll have to look into my existing house insurance to see if it covers flooding (i believe it does). thanks, another good bit of advice flowerforyou

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/27/10 03:26 AM
i don't know a lot of this (thus my reason for asking).

i see the possibilities, i look at the layout, the yard, etc.

i had my brother-in-law come with me, as he's a pool owner, and this had an inground oval. the electrical was apparently illegal and the liner was shot (which the real estate agent told me) and basically said it might just be a fill-in. he suggested i look for a home in better condition and just add a few bucks and put in a pool myself.

there was no leakage, some of the windows didn't open (my own are going to have to replaced soon too anyway), the a/c, furnace, and roof were a couple of years old.

i still loved the layout and the garden. it's very difficult to find property here with 4 bedrooms on the top floor as well as a backyard bigger than a postage stamp.

i just may put in a really low offer and see what happens. however, first i'll get mine on the market and find a buyer then i'll be able to make offers without worrying about getting stuck. hopefully, i'll find something that we all like.

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/26/10 03:07 PM
it's not THAT fresh a start (we've been apart a LONG time) laugh

i've never heard of a warranty that you can buy on a resale; i thought they only existed with new home purchases.

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/26/10 01:29 PM
Edited by papersmile on Wed 05/26/10 01:29 PM
i can't say that i take great care of my body, but neither do i abuse it.

i'm sort of moderate about exercise and about caloric intake.

i eat what i want, when i want, but only overdo it sometimes. i don't go to the gym but i do walk whenever possible (which is a lot).

i love candy and cookies but i balance it out with fruit and vegetables.

i enjoy life without a control issue. when i take off my clothes at night and look in the mirror, i think to myself, 'while i don't look like i did at 20, i DO look pretty darn good for a 43-year-old-mother-of-three.

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/26/10 03:15 AM
i AM in love with someone who is in full kidney failure and have been since the day he began dialysis.

what would it say about me as a person if i walked away from him and the relationship because i worried about whether they'd die? heck i could be in a car accident today and go first. we never really know when it's going to be our time, do we?

there might exist other reasons to possibly end the relationship, but his health, or lack of it, wouldn't be one of them.

i don't necessarily believe in forevers anymore anyway. i think that people pass through your lives at certain moments when you most need each other and that they might fulfill a huge need, and leave a lasting impression on you, but that your time together might be short-lived, or lengthy. i take each day as it comes and cherish each day that i do have his love, and that he does have reasonably good health.

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/26/10 03:01 AM
since i started this new job (a school secretary) i've discovered that i can collect employment insurance for the periods that the schools are closed (summer, christmas and march breaks).

i haven't taken advantage of it yet (and not sure i will) but i understand it's all an online process here and is just a matter of opening a new claim, via computer. it takes away the possible shame of standing in line with everyone else. i don't know how anyone else feels, but i collected once in my life, for a period of about 5 months and i felt terrible every single time i walked in the building.

you've paid into this all your life judy; you ARE entitled to it, just as much, perhaps more, than anyone else in that office. times are tough and, if i recall, you lost your job; you didn't just walk away from it and wait for someone to take care of you. push for a new appointment, whatever it takes. and good luck.

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/26/10 02:44 AM
Edited by papersmile on Wed 05/26/10 02:47 AM

i'm THIS close to getting my house on the market and making a conditional offer on a home with larger property, larger square footage, nicer backyard, and further north of the city.

i'm going for a second look tomorrow night. what sort of questions should i make sure i ask and/or what things should i be looking for?

i'm just taking my daughter to dance class now and will check back for any suggestions in a couple of hours.

thanks for any advice.

Don't you like your current digs? Perhaps not? How's the housing market up there? Ask your daughter what she thinks. She has to relocate as well. She will be leaving friends behind. Not trying to discourage you.

i don't NOT like my house (i'm very fortunate to have a roof over my head, etc.)

however, i never really wanted to purchase it - it was more my ex's choice and since we'd already sold and were anxious to find something, anything, this was an okay choice.

i bought out his share during the divorce and now that we've lived in it awhile, i'd like to start fresh somewhere else. the housing market is way overpriced and i'll make a good profit on this house. however, i'll obviously have to buy high as well, thus part of the reason for moving further north as prices are substantially cheaper.

the area currently is not bad. i'm on a fairly private street. i'd just like for them to have a bedroom each (2 share currently) and give them a backyard big enough to enjoy (although ours is cute, it's not very big and this has a nice-sized inground pool in it, as well as a lot of grass and gardens. my feeling on our current area though is that within the next 10 years, or less, it's going to become very run-down and seedy and i'd like to get out while the value is high(er).

the kids might want to move more than i do. my oldest has just asked that i do it before she starts high school so she at least has a chance to make a friend before doing so. next year is her last year in elementary. the middle one wants to change schools too, but doesn't like to deal with change. the little one was the most upset, but offering her $20 and getting to sleep in my bed for a month fixed that up!

I would also cruise by about 11-12 at night on a friday or saturday. If you got neighborhood teens next door with thier stereos bumping the latest gangsta rap....you may want to know about it before you pay to live next door to them.

that's a good idea; i've only ever gone there in the day time and everyone i see looks old and possibly retired. calling the police department is another thought (do they provide that sort of information?)

yes, property taxes are something i totally meant to ask and it just slipped my mind. i doubt they'll be as much as mine are since i'm in an over-inflated area as it is.

thanks everyone, i appreciate all your ideas. flowerforyou

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/25/10 05:49 PM
Edited by papersmile on Tue 05/25/10 05:50 PM
i've scoped the area. it seems that it's quite quiet with a lot of old, retired people in the neighbourhood.

the high school is walkable, the elementary requires free bussing. there is definitely a mall within 5 minutes (i couldn't do it elsewise!)

i've been told the roof is 2 years old, as well as the furnace. the pool needs a new liner. there is a LOT of re-decorating to do but i like stuff like that and am in no rush to accomplish it all at once.

i will make note to check the ceilings for water damage although i'm told the current owner is a plumber and has kept up the structure of the house quite well.

a home inspector is a definite and his approval is one of the conditions. i also won't make an offer unless mine is sold (which i imagine it'll go like a hotcake since real estate is still hopping here in the city). the current mortgage will just be portable to the new house and i might just be charged a small fee for doing so.

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/25/10 03:29 PM
i'm THIS close to getting my house on the market and making a conditional offer on a home with larger property, larger square footage, nicer backyard, and further north of the city.

i'm going for a second look tomorrow night. what sort of questions should i make sure i ask and/or what things should i be looking for?

i'm just taking my daughter to dance class now and will check back for any suggestions in a couple of hours.

thanks for any advice.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25