papersmile's photo
Sat 12/19/09 08:57 AM
haha

okay, you win

i'll shut up

(this round) :wink:

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/19/09 08:53 AM
yeah i understand that, but it think it's more of a lack of creativity on their part than it is that they are solely defined by one particular person, or role.

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/19/09 08:43 AM

With that said, your comment about team concept; and the part about individual identities really got my attention....why is it, at least I have found, some people depend on others' for their identity?...

Good Post Lex...flowerforyou

I've always wondered about that, too -- mainly because almost everyone I've ever been with has (eventually) tried to mold me into being an "adjunct," which is something I seem to be totally allergic to.

I don't see any particular value in defining oneself as an adjunct to another person. If anything, it's a not-so-subtle indicator that he/she atrributes a significant level of importance to defining himself/herself by that relationship to the other person, which says something to me about the mindset of the one doing the self-adjuncting.

When I see user names like "irvingsmother," I end up asking myself if this person existed before Irving was born....and if so, what was the adjunctive frame of reference then?

Some of us just want to be seen/known as ourselves.

is there any reason why we can't be doubly, or triply, defined.

sure i'm defined by myself - but also by attitudes i've developed by being in relationships, as part of relationships. that isn't necessarily a bad thing, provided it isn't the entirety of one's existence.

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/19/09 08:37 AM
it's the insisting part with which i have a problem. maybe it's a 'beat my chest i can take care of myself' attitude and/or a control issue.

i don't mind offering to chip in and/or to treat, but if the guy wants to pay, i'd much rather just smile, say thanks and be gracious and appreciative about it.

papersmile's photo
Fri 12/18/09 01:37 PM
maybe those are just generic fill-ins for an otherwise empty profile?

papersmile's photo
Tue 12/15/09 04:01 AM

Glad you are doing well Q!

Sorry to hear about your testicles.

No really, i am sorry! I really didnt need to know about that!

hey, speaking of numb nuts...

... how ya doing dan? laugh

papersmile's photo
Sun 12/13/09 04:05 PM

glad you are doing better...and no you can't ask anyone to kiss it and make it feel better laugh

oh yes he can! blushing

papersmile's photo
Sun 12/13/09 02:27 PM
but i thought everything was bigger in texas honey *batting eyelashes*

papersmile's photo
Sun 12/13/09 02:11 PM
all three of my kids were potty trained before age 2, i started at about 17 months for the 1st, just because it was over the summer months, making it easier.

based on most of your posts, it sounds to be as though you could use 'nanny 911'.

papersmile's photo
Sun 12/13/09 02:07 PM
and here in Canada it seams they just let people have drugs around kids and beat the crap out of them

and you've seen instances of this?

sorry, but i find that hard to believe, working as i do very closely with various children's aid societies.

papersmile's photo
Sun 12/13/09 12:49 PM

I guess, I'm the only person who couldn't care less of what Tiger Woods do or doesn't.

Maybe because i don't watch TV.

me neither

but i've got to admit the visual is pretty funny if i think about his wife chasing him down the driveway in the middle of the night with a nine-iron.

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/12/09 08:14 PM
do you have a job or do the ladies just have to hand out money on an as needed basis?

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/12/09 07:45 PM
i think it's more about free will than it is about just letting them go without making any attempt to woo them.

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/12/09 05:20 PM

My wife and I split, and I have the kids. Is it harder for a single father to find a woman ready to take on that kind of luggage or is it harder for single mothers to find a man to take on that responsibility?

luggage? i hate when people refer to children as luggage.

i've heard that it's one of the hardest things to do; blend families.

why do someone's kids have to be someone else's responsibility anyway? my kids already have a dad, they don't need another one. all i would hope for is that the kids and the guy like and respect one another.

Just because your children already have two parents does not mean it isnt the incoming significant others responsibility as well. In a dream world, it would be great if it was like that but if you start dating someone and then they move into your house or vise versa, your kids become part of their lives. Once you make that commmitment to someone, you commit to every aspect of their lives. So while the main parenting might be taken care of, your new man/woman will eventually have to put in their part.

I totally agree. It takes a village and rarely is it only the parents who have responsibility for children. It always concerned me about my brother who was involved with a woman, lived together with her and her kids, payed the bills, helped the children with their studies, took them to their appointments,, but then when it came time for discipline,,was given no say. I think that is a dangerous example to set for the kids. whomever cares for the children, has the responsibility for the children and that usually involves consideration of who the children are living with.

are we talking about getting back into dating scene or about being in a committed relationship such as marriage?
the
i took the OP as meaning casual dating of recently separated/divorced parents.

of course there's a responsibility when one person is living with the other and there are children in the house, and of course any responsible man wouldn't refer to his partner's children as 'luggage', or at least anyone i'd get involved with wouldn't.

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/12/09 03:54 PM
get a job?

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/12/09 03:53 PM
ewwww sharing a toothbrush is gross. ill

i always have new ones on hand so it wouldn't be a problem at my house. if i were at his place, i wouldn't ask him to go out and buy me one, i'd just use some mouthwash in the morning.

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/12/09 03:50 PM

My wife and I split, and I have the kids. Is it harder for a single father to find a woman ready to take on that kind of luggage or is it harder for single mothers to find a man to take on that responsibility?

luggage? i hate when people refer to children as luggage.

i've heard that it's one of the hardest things to do; blend families.

why do someone's kids have to be someone else's responsibility anyway? my kids already have a dad, they don't need another one. all i would hope for is that the kids and the guy like and respect one another.

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/12/09 03:43 PM
haha quiet doesn't need ANY backup, against anyone.

baiting? nah, sometimes it's just impossible not to laugh at someone.

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/12/09 03:30 PM
Edited by papersmile on Sat 12/12/09 03:30 PM

But let's take YOUR PERSONAL PERCEPTION of public opinion for argument sake's.

people who do anything for "arguments sake" annoy the crap out of me

every little thing is not subject for argument for arguments sake

if you don't agree just say so

I don't play debater games

'... I don't play debater games...'

Well then, share your wonderful opinions with yourself and stay out of discussion forums.

This is not a polling station, it's a DISCUSSION - ARGUMENT - DEBATING FORUM !!! It is intended for those whom wish to discuss, exchange, argue and debate opposing views and ideas.

And no offense intended, but get real about your tantrums:
'... annoy the crap out of me...'.
I have no personal interest in 'your crap', nor do I have any personal interest in you. We don't know each other. I responded to a comment you posted, with an OPPOSING view. It would appear you missed that too.

it sounds to me as though it's YOU who is having the tantrum. laugh

i've nothing to add but that; wanna tell me to FO too? bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Fri 12/11/09 03:21 PM
can you hurry up and heal cause i've got this plasma screen that needs moving. bigsmile

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next