Community > Posts By > chrish

chrish's photo
Mon 02/25/08 04:06 AM
As much as paying for a movie every time you want to watch it on another devices, such as your TV, Computer, iPOD, PSP etc etc etc sounds like a great value for money.

http://handbrake.fr/

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Fri 02/22/08 01:45 AM
Edited by chrish on Fri 02/22/08 01:45 AM
Hahahaha, if a virus burns your C: then its not going to replicate very quickly.

If a virus kills its host too quickly it can't spread.

EVERY damn chain email is a hoax. If it wasn't a hoax, the news would go through normal channels.

Ta,

~C.

chrish's photo
Mon 02/11/08 08:17 AM

Let people do what they want is my belief as long as they

Are Happy bigsmile

What about when the things they do harm other people?

chrish's photo
Mon 02/11/08 06:05 AM
Thought on the current goings on with regards to Scientology?

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Scientology

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Mon 02/11/08 05:52 AM
Nope, I just want to know if there is ANYONE from the South West.

Start your own thread if your looking for just women damnit :tongue:.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Wed 02/06/08 01:27 AM

For whom the bell tolls.........bigsmile drinker
flowerforyou

chrish's photo
Tue 02/05/08 08:18 AM
Any one on JSH from the South West?

(What I really mean is, are there any people who post in the forums from South West UK.)

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Tue 02/05/08 04:25 AM

I'd hang in their & see what happens.
Long distance is against the odds, hard to make work.
She might be testing you, to see if you will go the distance.

I married my best friend & it took us 4 yrs to make the move.

Cheers, but I can't Paypal you any money for beer :wink: I'd be broke by the end of the thread. laugh

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Tue 02/05/08 03:50 AM

i say go for it holmes if u feel so strongly about her dont let it slip away

I did, didn't work - despite all the above all I got was that she loves her boyfriend, and she won't let things get funny between us.

Ta,

~c

you still have feelings though right?, and everyone knows LDR's never really work and u r there in the now so just keep slight pressure on it nothing much that she will get mad just slowly ease on in, it works

Tell you what.... If it does I will Paypal you enough for exactly one beer. :wink:

chrish's photo
Tue 02/05/08 03:34 AM

i say go for it holmes if u feel so strongly about her dont let it slip away

I did, didn't work - despite all the above all I got was that she loves her boyfriend, and she won't let things get funny between us.

Ta,

~c

chrish's photo
Tue 02/05/08 03:20 AM

keep it as friends or you mite lose her friendship

I think to be fair to my little brain, that wouldn't be bad thing. We spend a lot of time together, and I can't have this playing on my mind the whole time.

be careful. try not to get hurt. that long distance relationship is a tough obstacle to overcome.

Too late to not get hurt, but I'm resilient, and that doesn't matter.

Long distance relationship. She probably loves the ideal of the boyfriend as she has created him in her mind. And the times they get to spend together are also idealized, because in many ways, it is like 'honeymoon' time, for a better term.

But you are the emotional support for her when not around him. In a way, it is like two relationships to fill the needs one would normally fill if it was local.

From experience, falling for ones best friend ends badly. They say when it works, it is the most wonderful thing. But when it doesn't it is worse than if the other person hadn't been that close in that way.

Nail, meet head! I think your spot on with what your saying.

I bet she really likes you and she is just afraid to believe it

Thats a lovely thing to say thank you, but I find optimism in this instance is probably a bad thing.

-------

Everyone local to us thinks we are a couple when we're out and about. She told me the other day, that when people say that, she wishes we were.

Hence my confusion.

Sorry for the rant, between that splitting up with my girlfriend of 5 years, and a messy long distance thing myself - I needed to vent.

All gets a bit too much, but give it a couple of weeks, I'm sure normal service will resume.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Tue 02/05/08 01:12 AM
Well, then... I posted a while ago about the above subject.

Last night I got drunk and came clean to her :wink:

She told me she loved her current boyfried, whooops! Apparently she won't let things get funny between us, don't see how.

SHe is in a long distance relationship, and I feel I am filling the void in between trips to see her boyfriend, and emotional affair.

We are going for a meal on valentines day...

(Sound confusing? - I know I'm confused!)

Halp! laugh

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Mon 02/04/08 09:58 AM

nobody said anything about availability the question was government run or private.

Valid point, I apologise for overlooking that.

Surely privately run, but government funded health care is a kind of medium between the two systems?

If it is not government funded, then my point about people who can't afford healthcare remains valid.

If it is, then I am unsure I could trust a commercial entity to look after healthcare (I can barely trust my government too).

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Mon 02/04/08 09:54 AM
Your right, a lot of problems in this world come from people taking things too seriously. Unfortunately bigoted jokes alone are not going to change that, I wish it was that simple. Why should people change their beliefs because they're different? If only people would use belief systems as guidance only, and not take them too seriously.

Every belief system has flaws, mine, yours and theirs.

Does not mean it should not be treated with respect. It is shocking how media / governments is conditioning people to associate islam with terrorism.

I have no problem with the original post expect these points:

3. You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than
setting off roadside bombs.

6. You can't think of anyone you HAVEN'T declared Jihad against.

7. You think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and suicide.

9. You own a $300 machine gun and a $5,000 rocket launcher, but you
can't afford shoes.

chrish's photo
Mon 02/04/08 09:46 AM

you are so right, im glad your not american,flowerforyou flowerforyou

I'm sorry for the rest of your country that you are. flowerforyou flowerforyou

chrish's photo
Mon 02/04/08 09:45 AM
Health care shouldn't be restricted to only those that can afford it.

There are good and bad points to both systems, but I believe availability has to be one of the more major concerns.

chrish's photo
Mon 02/04/08 09:32 AM
First.

chrish's photo
Mon 02/04/08 09:27 AM
Edited by chrish on Mon 02/04/08 09:27 AM
Sigh....

It uneducated jokes about Islamisism (Sunni, Pashtun or any other) like this that make me ashamed to be a Westerner.

There is plenty of odd stuff done in the Western (AKA Christian) lands that is strange; plenty of people believe that 2000 years ago a carpenters son walked on water, people also believe that we did not evolve - we were made, despite the spread of AIDS contraception is still morally wrong. etc etc etc.

It might be just a joke, but it does show fundamental misunderstandings in this world that do give me a genuine concern.

Ta,

~C.

Could be worse, at least I'm not American - where many people believe 'Yee Haw' is a valid foreign policy. laugh

chrish's photo
Mon 02/04/08 05:15 AM
For Whom the Bell Tolls

Preferably this version:

For Whom The Bell Tolls (The Irony Of It All)
Metallica and Dj Spooky

You can listen to it hear - just click preview.
http://www.amazon.com/Metallica-DJ-Spooky/dp/B00136BABS

chrish's photo
Mon 02/04/08 05:07 AM
facepalm.jpg

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 15 16