Community > Posts By > IndyLdy

no photo
Tue 06/28/11 02:44 PM
I believe.

no photo
Tue 06/28/11 06:12 AM
I'm definitely not in hiding. However, there are things that I don't share because it would serve no purpose. I've lived a long and interesting life, very blessed. My past is a part of me. It's made me who I am.
But I don't wear it like a banner. My life is an open book, but not everyone wants to read it. I share parts of me, but does anyone really ever share every little bit of themselves? I doubt it. I think we all have secret places, whether good or bad.

no photo
Tue 06/28/11 05:59 AM
Some things may be better learned as you go along. As you get to know each other, there are things you may be willing to accept that you may not have in the beginning. I don't want to know all, at first. I want some things to be left to discover. I think any physical or mental problems that would have a direct effect on the relationship should be discussed early on.

Other than that, a little mystery can help keep a relationship exciting and interesting. If something of a deal breaker is learned later, time enough to walk away.

no photo
Fri 06/24/11 09:12 AM
Edited by IndyLdy on Fri 06/24/11 09:12 AM
If I decided to talk to them by phone after the first message, and we decided there may be enough interest to possibly take it further, why not? I've never done that, but would prefer it over spending weeks or more deciding if we wanted to meet. The sooner, the better.
I would never meet anyone without talking first.

no photo
Fri 06/24/11 06:50 AM
Elvis! glasses

no photo
Fri 06/24/11 06:22 AM
I try to tell them all I want them to know, that is of significance, once I realize there is definitely a connection there that could lead to something. Do I tell my whole dating history? I don't think they'd have the time nor inclination to read that tome! Nor would I want to know theirs.

Maybe you should be a little quicker about letting them know you have only one child at home, if knowing you have eight seems to be a recurring problem.

no photo
Fri 06/24/11 06:11 AM
Communication is the key for a good relationship. If one is being made to feel that they are not a priority, and they have communicated this to their partner, and nothing changed, maybe it's time to move on.indifferent

no photo
Fri 06/24/11 05:57 AM
For many years I would not date younger guys. They were and are persistent. I finally gave it a try and the rest is history.

Point is, they would have had no way of knowing how strong my resolution was not to date younger, until they tried.

Older men have the right to go for what they want, the same as younger men. We all hear from people on a regular basis that we could no way be interested in. That's the nature of dating sites and in the "real" world. We learn to weed out the ones we are not interested in. But we can't blame them for trying. There are young women who prefer older men.

no photo
Thu 06/23/11 01:42 PM
And I keep hearing from guys closer to my son's age. Same as for any other reason, if I'm not interested, I just let them know.

no photo
Thu 06/23/11 11:06 AM

The answer is simply yes. It is cheating because you are taking away from your partner and giving it to someone else. If you want to talk, share feelings, have fun, etc then you should be doing that with your partner. Your partner is special, as he or she is the only one who gets that privledge. If you are going around giving that to other people as well, then it's not special anymore and the relationship becomes meaningless and loses it's value. Things that are abundant and easily obtained are not valuable, rare things are valuable and you have an obligation to your partner to uphold that value. If you aren't getting enough attention, maybe you should break up with him instead of ruining your credibility by cheating.

Good answer! Couldn't have said it any better.

no photo
Thu 06/23/11 10:58 AM
This doesn't sound like sex addiction, but something far worse. Sounds to me like he needs help that should come from a professional.
You can't force anyone to get help. It has to be what he wants.
More than likely, rather than being able to help him, you may end up getting sucked down into his darkness if you're not careful.

If he wants to get help, why is he not getting it?

no photo
Wed 06/22/11 07:44 AM
That would depend on what other attributes he may have.
A relationship should be based on more than just that one thing.
If someone is boring, maybe they can be livened up a bit and
bad boys can sometimes be tamed. If one feels a man is worth the effort, there's always compromise.

no photo
Wed 06/22/11 05:24 AM
Wow! That was beautiful!

no photo
Tue 06/21/11 02:01 PM
I'd say that for every man who stinks, there are probably 3 or 4 who are really wonderful. love

no photo
Tue 06/21/11 06:45 AM
Because they're curious about something you said. I do it. Has nothing to do with whether or not they're interested in you. Just sort of a reflex. You say something, they look to see more about who said it.

no photo
Tue 06/21/11 06:40 AM
Edited by IndyLdy on Tue 06/21/11 06:41 AM
If I dislike someone, I don't kiss them, and I know how to avoid being kissed by them.

no photo
Tue 06/21/11 06:36 AM
It happens to all of us, and on every free dating site.
You learn early on how to spot the scammers. It amazes me how so many people actually fall for some of the scams.

no photo
Tue 06/21/11 06:29 AM
Hi!
Hope you enjoy your stay here.

no photo
Mon 06/20/11 11:16 AM
Edited by IndyLdy on Mon 06/20/11 11:18 AM
Indianapolis. A great place to be!:banana:

no photo
Mon 06/20/11 11:06 AM
I'm here in the forums because I enjoy seeing how other people think, how they respond, and how much they actually reveal about themselves by their attitudes and words. And if this forum is like most, probably for the laughs. Laughter is good for the soul. laugh rant

Previous 1