Community > Posts By > Drivinmenutz

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 03/07/17 11:15 AM
Honestly they just need to repeal ACA. It was designed to fail, yet pave the way for a universal system. It forced people to buy coverage and also gave insurance companies monopolizing power in their respective states.

If you want to fix healthcare in our country, you have to pretty much get rid of insurance companies, look into some sort of tort reform, and all but abolish the FDA.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 03/01/17 11:19 AM

I agree his downfall is his ego,,,

he struck at everyone out the gate, ESPECIALLY media, and he doesn't seem capable of taking what he dishes out

To be fair, the media has been harsh. I believe his striking out is the result of being bombarded. He needs to develop skin think enough to rival military armor. Even then, there are many, many, powerful people who want to see him fail. They are playing him hard, and he is jumping to their tune. The unfortunate thing is the media is losing credibility as they are attacking EVERYTHING he, his family, or any of his associates are doing. So if he actually does something deserving of legitimate concern it will be hard to filter through all the noise.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 02/28/17 04:20 PM
For starters I would like to point out that there is much more to our government than the presidency.

And for those that are worried as MsHarmony already explained, we do have checks and balances (although as years progress they are considered less and less).

Trump does have qualities to bring to the table that can help our country. He has negotiating skills that involve more than just rolling over and bending to the will of every other country in existence. I used to think he had an eye for talent, but I am left wondering about some of his cabinet choices (although he hit a home run with General Mattis). "The wall" is a foolish notion, and a complete waste of time and energy. He is working with businesses to get them back here, so that is definitely a plus. His biggest weakness is his ego. You poke at him, and he gets defensive. The media knows this and is playing him like a fool. I personally have not seen them be nearly this harsh or critical of anyone in office. This will be his downfall, and may, in turn, be our country's downfall. There are a lot of good ideas I read from his 100 day promise, but only time will tell if he holds true to them.

So I guess we wait and see.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sat 10/29/16 01:52 PM
I could be wrong, but doesn't it disqualify anyone running for office if they are under federal investigation?

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 11/03/15 02:02 PM
drinks

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 09/17/15 12:02 PM

Although I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, Bernie Sanders has been reducing Hillery Clintons lead, in fact, as of today, he actually has a slight lead.

Besides her obvious shortcomings, to what do you attribute Bernies apparent appeal?

Would you vote for him if you are a republican?
Would you democrats vote for any of the republican candidates?

Well meaning, with no sense of cause/effect. I would much prefer him to Hillary, however.

But no, I would not vote for him.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 09/01/15 03:20 PM

I think in any job,, understanding the job is one of the qualifications,,lol

coming to the interview and just spouting off all the stuff you believe you an do or want the company to do , ,doesnt get the job

know the role of the job, the authority that is and isnt there, the resources that are and arent available,,,,,

thats a good start,,,

Very true. I remember when the same was said about Obama before he was elected. He too had no military experience, and very little political experience. I know many people from different countries who believed Americans were foolish to vote Obama, for he knew little about the job.

I have a suspicion that Trump may prove himself worthy in picking his cabinet though. Could make a huge difference. I like what he says, but I'm still not ready to trust him yet. Actions speak louder than words.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sat 08/22/15 11:49 PM
In my opinion, yes. We coddle, and shelter, we protect and censor. We invent games without competition, so "everyone's a winner". Kids are growing up in a world where an appropriate response to being offended is to ban or censor the offending object. We cater to childrens' wants, not needs. As my grandmother would say; "The road to hell was paved with good intentions". It seems by protecting children from feelings of disappointment, offense, and discouragement, they are not developing coping skills to deal with life.

In other words, Lookin4home said it best in the previous post...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 08/04/15 09:20 AM
Whats sad is the situation of gun violence is actually improving on its own. Has been for decades.

I am reminded of a movie "Wolf on Wall Street" When Leo Dicaprio is teaching a lesson on salesmanship. "Sell me this pen" he would request of his student. When a student would try talking positively about this pen he would cut him off with "Next!". This was until he asked someone who took the Pen and requested Leo write something down. The lesson, of course being; You have to create a need for something in order to sell it. This, ladies and gents, is how politicians get elected, and how media sources get paid.

Very few, democrats or republicans have actually tried to help with issues as of late. Again, anyone serious about decreasing gun violence would have taken the NRA's offer of helping to fund mental healthcare. The media posting assailants' photos all over the world, making attackers infamous and forever remembered, would also be discouraged.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 08/04/15 09:06 AM

and I dont believe gun regulation wants to take 'everyones' guns

but rather make sure not EVERYONE is nonchalantly armed with anything manufacturers dream up,,,

Really doesn't matter what you believe,listen to Obama,the rest of the Gungrabber-Crowd,or perhaps read Crazy Bernie Sanders' Proposals!

I have listened to him,, and still havent heard anything REMOTELY close to taking everyones guns'

It's called "incrementalism". They have passed 400+ gun laws on the books in the last 100 years. Each time violence occurs involving a firearm everyone has to give a little. Whether it be extra taxes/fees, waiting periods or outright banning some. Look forward to the next couple hundred years and they will be all but banned.

In fact we currently have more gun laws on the books than can be effectively upheld. Would more really help this situation?

somehow I think the rate that new guns are manufactured far exceeds the rate laws aer being passed,,,,

so Im doubting they will ever be all but banned,, especially not in only one hundred years,,,

Laws are not passed for each individual firearm. They cover categories. Full auto weapons are banned. Short barrels are banned. Suppressors are banned. Illegal to own or possess a firearm if you were ever a felon, or have a restraining order, or are considered a danger to yourself or others.
There is now a push to prohibit those receiving disability from purchasing firearms. There are also pushes to ban pistol grips, heat shields, adjustable gun stocks, flash hiders, Magazines that hold more than 7-10 rounds, and certain types of ammo. Also a push to greatly increase taxes on ammo and limit how many bullets you can buy at a time. There has also been talk on limiting how much ammunition you should be allowed to store in your home. Not to mention pushes for laws that make the owner of a firearm responsible to crime committed with said firearm AFTER IT HAS BEEN STOLEN.

There are strict carry laws that almost make it not worth carrying. But more importantly, many view guns their own evil entity and great prejudice is given to those who own them. Meaning, you are carrying and reach for something on a high shelf in a grocery store, handle of the gun is now visible through the shirt, people panic and call police. Police are told you have an armed suspect and they come into the situation with weapons drawn, ready to shoot. You have broken no law, but are treated as criminals because of the irrational fear of firearms.

We are currently unable to enforce current regs and laws on guns. Government agencies don't communicate with each other and our government has grown so big, it can't effectively manage things like background checks (I have examples). Passing more laws under these conditions is not only foolish, it's reckless. It also follows under several foolish ways of thinking. #1 The reason we are in danger is because we have too much freedom. #2 People are not responsible for their actions.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 07/29/15 08:02 PM

There is historic precedent for reducing gun carry in order to reduce gun crime, throughout the Old West. Every town which was infamous for gun crimes, was "tamed" by gun control laws. Not by having everyone packing.

You are right, gun crime has decreased quite steadily since the 90's with a small increase, then decrease again in recent years (crime tends to correlate to economics).

But in the statement above you are assuming that gun control was responsible for decreasing crime in "gun free" towns. We do not know that. During that time your local sheriff knew pretty much everybody, and often ruled with an Iron fist. A repeat rapist or a murderer would likely be hung within days of a crime, after a brief local trial. His body was sometimes put on display as a message to potential offenders. Perhaps the same sheriff so quickly to order all citizens to surrender all arms may practice this extreme authority over criminals too. I am not advocating such behavior by any means. But it would potentially and drastically cut crime rates, perhaps much more so than simply taking everyone's guns.

Nope, I'm not assuming anything. I'm reporting facts which contradict one of the favored fantasies of the more rabid Second Amendment-as-word-of-god crowd.

I am a gun owner too. I'm also a devotee of factually based logic, and not wild emotional nonsense masquerading as patriotism.

The Iron Fist Rule which you describe, included what would now be called gun control.

My point, is only that allowing anyone and everyone to carry guns, doesn't cause crime to fall. There is no historic support for that claim, and that is what has been claimed in this thread. That some large organization of "liberals" all declared that Texas would erupt in gun battles, is also false. SOME people may have said that, but SOME people say crap no matter what happens.

If we are going to discuss a subject, any subject, I want the discussion to be factual and logical. Not just exchanges of emotionalized political bombast and self-worship.

I agree that there is no substantial evidence supporting that less gun control causes violent crime to fall.

However there is no substantial evidence supporting that increasing gun control causes violent crime to fall either.

I suppose we agree, I was just emphasizing the flip side of the argument...

My apologies. I desire the same as you; a logical discussion vs slinging slogans and random stats (which can be easily manipulated).

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 07/29/15 07:55 PM

and I dont believe gun regulation wants to take 'everyones' guns

but rather make sure not EVERYONE is nonchalantly armed with anything manufacturers dream up,,,

Really doesn't matter what you believe,listen to Obama,the rest of the Gungrabber-Crowd,or perhaps read Crazy Bernie Sanders' Proposals!

I have listened to him,, and still havent heard anything REMOTELY close to taking everyones guns'

It's called "incrementalism". They have passed 400+ gun laws on the books in the last 100 years. Each time violence occurs involving a firearm everyone has to give a little. Whether it be extra taxes/fees, waiting periods or outright banning some. Look forward to the next couple hundred years and they will be all but banned.

In fact we currently have more gun laws on the books than can be effectively upheld. Would more really help this situation?

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 07/29/15 10:40 AM

There is historic precedent for reducing gun carry in order to reduce gun crime, throughout the Old West. Every town which was infamous for gun crimes, was "tamed" by gun control laws. Not by having everyone packing.

You are right, gun crime has decreased quite steadily since the 90's with a small increase, then decrease again in recent years (crime tends to correlate to economics).

But in the statement above you are assuming that gun control was responsible for decreasing crime in "gun free" towns. We do not know that. During that time your local sheriff knew pretty much everybody, and often ruled with an Iron fist. A repeat rapist or a murderer would likely be hung within days of a crime, after a brief local trial. His body was sometimes put on display as a message to potential offenders. Perhaps the same sheriff so quickly to order all citizens to surrender all arms may practice this extreme authority over criminals too. I am not advocating such behavior by any means. But it would potentially and drastically cut crime rates, perhaps much more so than simply taking everyone's guns.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 07/29/15 08:36 AM
There should not be a single increase in gun regulation in this country until we start enforcing current regulations. Increasing its complexity will not fix it's downfalls. Simple knee-jerk reactions vs critical thinking will get us into trouble in the long run. Eagerness to trade freedom for "safety" will also do the same.

There is no evidence that gun regulation or gun control is effective vs gun violence in its entirety (although it may SHIFT certain demographics). Think about it. Drugs are illegal. Almost anybody can get their hands on cocaine or heroin on a street corner. Laws are designed to effect those WILLING to be effected. On the flip side I must admit there is also no real evidence supporting less regulation equating to less gun violence either. Although I do question the wisdom of disarming those who are trained to defend themselves (such as soldiers in a recruiting station).

I say we focus on things that can help everyone, most likely curb violence, and few will be opposed to, thereby making it achievable.

Hint: Mental healthcare + Cultural influence

Probably should take a look at our foreign policy too (But that may offend some people)...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 07/23/15 10:14 AM
A flag is merely a symbol, which is intended to represent something. To some, it represent brotherhood. Others, independence, or even racism.

But hear this. The north often treated immigrant workers much worse than the majority of slaves were treated in the south.

These issues are not so black and white.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sun 07/19/15 06:33 AM

terrorist isil wannabe can buy them too. That, neighbors, Americans, is the point

That same terrorist can go to Mexico and buy whatever they want.

It is a brilliant idea to limit the targets capacity to fight back by limiting their options.

Looks like you want flintlocks for the targets and fully auto assault rifles from Mexico for the jihadists..

Great plan.

No, our police and military have theirs and the Chattanooga PD proved their efficiency. This was a moving hostile target firing on them and they limited the number of casualties ending THIS threat. Great job Chattanooga PD. Look at what a static Major Nadal did with a handgun13 dead and 32 wounded. This proves that you don't need a 100 round drum if you are proficient with your weapon. This guy wasn't accustomed to placing his shots or target selection or there would have been more casualties. 4 dead one wounded is no where near the hit miss ratio Nadal did. This is bad but it could have been much worse.
My plan makes too much sense, it'll never work.

I see your point and respectfully disagree. You are not taking into consideration the fact that the market is already flooded with high capacity magazines and semi-auto assault rifles. This means, that a ban on these will merely create a black market for them. It may HELP deter Joe Blow from buying these weapons, but often times these antagonists are not Joe Blow. At the same rate, you are now making a few previously innocent people criminals, and you are making career criminals wealthier. Banning high cap magazines, for instance, would make purchasing them similar to buying a few ounces of marijuana on the street corner. Again, honest people would not have them, but dishonest ones would. It would waste time, resources and manpower enforcing this. This manpower would be better spent elsewhere.

Heck, on the flip side, I can't help but wonder if this assailant were an amateur, and had a full auto weapon, lives may actually have been saved as he would burn through his ammo faster, and his shots would be less precise.

All too often I find the public crying for more rules and regs thereby relieving themselves of responsibility. But, Perhaps the government should have stepped in. Rather that take responsibility away from people, maybe we shouldn't give mass shooters infamy by pasting their pictures all over the media, giving them infamy. Perhaps if we hadn't show the world that we were weak, and ISIS were strong, they would have less lone-wolf followers.

I understand the disparity in which we want to keep OUR guns. I get what you are thinking about rate of fire and capacity. The error is the difference between rate of fire and cyclic rate. Sure if a gun can spit out 50 rounds in 12.5 seconds (rough estimate) that's about 4 per second. 10 of them might hit A target(s) and 40 would miss. That's 20% efficient. The same weapon with 4 30 round mags is CAPABLE of firing at the same cyclic rate but it takes time to drop a mag, access another, orient load and seat the mag and charge if necessary and possibly resight. Pros obviously are much better at this but even if they take 1.5 seconds between the last shot from the first mag and the first shot from the second, that's 1.5 seconds and 20 less shots before an opportunity to physically take down, distract, find cover, lay flat, is any of this sounding familiar? Split seconds can mean life or death which was tragically proven in the Fort Hood shooting in 09. If you heard the numbers of shots fired and number of wounded and dead you would assume it was a high cap assault rifle mag drum or box or there had to be more than one shooter. I did, sick, shocked hurt and was even more sick when one of my doctors and the only civilian victim died. So this **** is personal to me. Hassan was extremely skilled with one pistol. Imagine if that level of skill accuracy was 100 rounds instead of 20 per mag. When you're in a place so overwhelmingly crowded and you don't care which blob you blow a hole in you don't have to be accurate, all you have to do is keep pulling the trigger and control the weapon.

Even if you stay engaged on the rear sight never blink and don't fumble the mag the empty has to clear the well and the full mag has to replace it. That takes time, a second, 3 seconds maybe 5 if the shooter is nervous or drops it, it could be the difference of life or deaths.

That church... Should stay where they are and RESPECT THE DEAD.

I am sorry to hear about your doctor.

Agreed. Takes time to reload leaving openings for retaliation. This is why I wondered if we'd been better off had the assailant been using a full auto rifle instead of a semi-auto (again utilizing the same logic) .

The plan of banning high cap magazines may seem effective at first, but this is under the assumption that criminals can no longer get their hands of them. Problem is, as I explained earlier, that even when made illegal, they will be relatively easy to obtain on a black market since there are so many in distribution now. I also worry about "blowback" when it becomes more profitable for illegal sales.

In fact, I know a police officer who deliberately bought 10 AR-15's when the government was pushing to ban assault rifles. He was banking on the idea that when illegal, he could make his money back several fold. This occurred nation wide with high cap magazines, ammunition, and accessories which were brought into question.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sat 07/18/15 11:31 AM

terrorist isil wannabe can buy them too. That, neighbors, Americans, is the point

That same terrorist can go to Mexico and buy whatever they want.

It is a brilliant idea to limit the targets capacity to fight back by limiting their options.

Looks like you want flintlocks for the targets and fully auto assault rifles from Mexico for the jihadists..

Great plan.

No, our police and military have theirs and the Chattanooga PD proved their efficiency. This was a moving hostile target firing on them and they limited the number of casualties ending THIS threat. Great job Chattanooga PD. Look at what a static Major Nadal did with a handgun13 dead and 32 wounded. This proves that you don't need a 100 round drum if you are proficient with your weapon. This guy wasn't accustomed to placing his shots or target selection or there would have been more casualties. 4 dead one wounded is no where near the hit miss ratio Nadal did. This is bad but it could have been much worse.
My plan makes too much sense, it'll never work.

I see your point and respectfully disagree. You are not taking into consideration the fact that the market is already flooded with high capacity magazines and semi-auto assault rifles. This means, that a ban on these will merely create a black market for them. It may HELP deter Joe Blow from buying these weapons, but often times these antagonists are not Joe Blow. At the same rate, you are now making a few previously innocent people criminals, and you are making career criminals wealthier. Banning high cap magazines, for instance, would make purchasing them similar to buying a few ounces of marijuana on the street corner. Again, honest people would not have them, but dishonest ones would. It would waste time, resources and manpower enforcing this. This manpower would be better spent elsewhere.

Heck, on the flip side, I can't help but wonder if this assailant were an amateur, and had a full auto weapon, lives may actually have been saved as he would burn through his ammo faster, and his shots would be less precise.

All too often I find the public crying for more rules and regs thereby relieving themselves of responsibility. But, Perhaps the government should have stepped in. Rather that take responsibility away from people, maybe we shouldn't give mass shooters infamy by pasting their pictures all over the media, giving them infamy. Perhaps if we hadn't show the world that we were weak, and ISIS were strong, they would have less lone-wolf followers.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 06/29/15 02:10 PM

so theoretically if i work a job making say 15$ an hour, and i bust my balls at work. i was under the impression i got paid more than fast food workers because i have a harder job. so now if they are going to get paid 15$ an hour, is my pay going to be adjusted accordingly? after all my job is harder and requires more brain power and responsibility. so im going to have a job that is 10 times harder than flipping burgers, but yet my pay still stay the same, but these people will be getting 15$ an hour to flip burgers?

Short term, No. Long term, maybe. Problem is, in the long term, it also makes it more difficult for smaller businesses to compete with the big ones. It also further encourages the industrial complex to move production jobs (The non-minimum wage jobs we should be striving for) to China, where they have no labor laws, and we refuse to charge tariffs to make up the difference.

Nevertheless you just acknowledged the one thing everyone seems to overlook. Minimum wage was never intended to be a "living wage". These jobs are for highschool/college students, retirees, and for those who just want a little side-income or hobby.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 06/23/15 02:39 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Tue 06/23/15 02:40 PM

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 06/23/15 02:32 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Tue 06/23/15 02:40 PM

the bible, the constitution, the declaration of independence

Answer: What are , documents written in another time and culture that people will always debate the meaning of,,,,,,?

May be another time, but it's quite ignorant to think the philosophies of all are obsolete due to the development of technology. Human nature, the movement of power, the dynamics of government and the governed have not changed.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25