Community > Posts By > Moondark

Moondark's photo
Tue 08/04/09 10:56 PM

i cant believe they are remaking logans run and forbidden planet

They just remade Logan's Run a couple years ago......

No they haven't. The 2010 movie is the first remake of Logan's Run, the only other version of the '76 film is the short-lived 70's TV series.

The Island was pretty much Logan's Run.

Moondark's photo
Tue 08/04/09 10:55 PM
The movie was very goth. Not the drinks. Was that clear? Or vague and confusing?

Moondark's photo
Tue 08/04/09 10:54 PM
The movie was interesting, the music quite good. I'm not sure how good the movie was in reality. I had more to drink in the hour and a half before the movie than I would normally have in an enter night. It was very goth.

Moondark's photo
Tue 08/04/09 10:52 PM
They seem to do that in Nebraska a lot.

Moondark's photo
Tue 08/04/09 10:52 PM
This was going to be really really interesting, but my cat jumped on the keyboard and somehow, I lost it all. I'll try to recreate it tomorrow. But misanthropy plays a part of it. And late night conversations with good friends.

Moondark's photo
Tue 08/04/09 03:43 PM

i cant believe they are remaking logans run and forbidden planet

They just remade Logan's Run a couple years ago......

Moondark's photo
Tue 08/04/09 03:07 PM
This week it is Repo: The Genetic Opera. I encourage anyone who can to watch it tonight.

Moondark's photo
Tue 08/04/09 03:05 PM
You ask someone in grief if they want a few extra minutes, without telling them there will be a fee, then it's a scam. Because anyone in grief is going to say yes.

Moondark's photo
Mon 08/03/09 07:34 PM
Shiraz.

Moondark's photo
Sun 08/02/09 09:44 PM
While I would think that 7:00 pm is very early, I just don't think it is all that healthy to keep children that young out that late. If you are having a family outing, it should be timed better. Or else get a baby sitter. I'm guessing by the responses that I'm just old fashioned.

Moondark's photo
Sun 08/02/09 09:37 PM
Edited by Moondark on Sun 08/02/09 09:38 PM
I attract artists first, unstable people second. That explains a lot.....

Moondark's photo
Sun 08/02/09 09:31 PM
am I the only one that has a bit of a problem with parents out running around with their 6-8 year old children at 11:30 at night? Even if it is summer? Or it is old fashioned to think kids that age ought to be in bed at a more appropriate time?

Moondark's photo
Sun 08/02/09 05:59 PM
People still sent birthday cards and Christmas cards, at the very least. E-cards are just not the same.

But online bill pay is some thing I really like.

With my family half a continent away, I much prefer email over letters. Why wait a week to find out how a surgery went or how vacation was or what's new in their lives?

Moondark's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:18 PM

Yep. Firstly, I'm sorry you are hurt. Let her go. Clearly she's been doing things she should not have been until she ended things with you first. Focus on you, finding a job and a place to stay.

All of that is already taken care of. I now have 2 Full time jobs and my own appt. but i still cant help but think bout her. I kno she cheated... and i kno i shouldnt be worried bout her... but i still love her and i still care.

While I don't want to say negative things about someone I know nothing about. It looks like it just might be possible that she was holding you back. Look at the changes you were able to create once you no longer had to worry about the both of you and you were your only concern.

On the other hand, it could have been the incident to motivate you to get those changes pulled together.

If she was busy messing around with someone, you are better off to take care of yourself and when you have yourself in a good place, someone who can appreciate that can come into your life.

Sure, it makes a person feel sad and may take a long time to get over emotionally. But try to appreciate the positive situation you are now in.

Moondark's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:03 PM
Edited by Moondark on Fri 07/31/09 06:03 PM
My favorite artist for relaxational music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsoSyhJNnW4

I don't know how to make it a hotlink.

Moondark's photo
Fri 07/31/09 04:12 PM
I ought to do laundry today too.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/30/09 08:01 PM
Jack or Heath. They are IMPOSSIBLE to compare and chose a better one. They both portrayed very different types of Joker's with very different back stories and motivations. Well, we never knew for sure the back story and motivation for Heath's Joker. But that was part of what make the character so intensely creepy and haunting. It was the stuff of which nightmares are made.

But Jack pulled off the humor element of the Joker that was missing from Heath's version. Which makes me lean towards Jack as being the best Joker. Maybe the "truest" would be a better work. He grasped it more and fulfilled the character. Whereas Heath redefined it into something very different.

Moondark's photo
Wed 07/29/09 07:05 PM

Im not a lover of Scotch. It takes me about half a bottle of single malt before i can even start to appreciate it.

Well, if you keep up with it to reach that point, I'm guessing that for you, it is an acquired taste. And you seem to be working on trying to acquire it.

Sometimes, it's just a matter of finding the right one.

The ones i like cost too much to drink regularly.

I can only drink the cheap stuff if its mixed with coke and loads of ice.

Ice....ICE??? Sacrilege.

A little ice and a splash of water brings out the distillers art.

I prefer it neat.

Now I like my wine with ice.

Ice in wine???? Now that's sacrilegious.

Yes, I was expecting that. Just goes to show how tastes differ strongly.

Moondark's photo
Wed 07/29/09 07:02 PM

Im not a lover of Scotch. It takes me about half a bottle of single malt before i can even start to appreciate it.

Well, if you keep up with it to reach that point, I'm guessing that for you, it is an acquired taste. And you seem to be working on trying to acquire it.

Sometimes, it's just a matter of finding the right one.

The ones i like cost too much to drink regularly.

I can only drink the cheap stuff if its mixed with coke and loads of ice.

Ice....ICE??? Sacrilege.

A little ice and a splash of water brings out the distillers art.

I prefer it neat.

Now I like my wine with ice.

Moondark's photo
Wed 07/29/09 06:59 PM

Today is get my laundry done day, because I didn't get it done yesterday.

I won't be getting this done tonight. I'll be working on it tomorrow.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25