Community > Posts By > bookworm1889

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 08:19 PM
ya I might have to order myself some. I've been doing tons of cryptograms but I love the really complicated ones that take hours to solve specifically those that require no outside knowledge. :D I've only done the little sudokus lol. 16*16 sounds fun O.o;
-Lori

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:57 PM
I've come to the unfortunate realization that I do not possess enough knowledge to successfully do crosswords though I love cryptograms and logic puzzles(particularly crosshatch diagrams). It's hard as hellfire to find books of logic puzzles...it's all Sudoku and Word Searches. Even the variety puzzles don't have em

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:47 PM
I work at a company that makes banking software primarily with vb.net and cobol. What about the rest of the technological population of this site? :)

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:43 PM
What an awe-inspiring aura of alliteration that astounds and bestirs my blushing countenance to congratulatory conniptions of clapping :P it is far easier to avoid the hidden serpent's strike when the venom already pulses in thy veins then when he lies silent beneath the stones aka hind sight is 20 20. Fate if it does exist is beyond our control.

What tomes of forgotten lore hold your fascination and your future in their dusty grasp and what dreams for the days to come doth they bestir in your steadily beating heart?

-Lori

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:31 PM
:P The pleasure is mutual I assure you. I'm always willing to engage in the delightful elegant tight rope that is a good conversation.

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:26 PM
Who would like to exchange pleasantries and potentially meaningful dialogue with me? :P
-Lori

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:22 PM

Age is but a number. With enough mathematical manipulation we shall be young forever XD

your not a real worm are you?

how do you type?

welcome to mingle

enjoy

I still don't believe your a worm

I'm a highly evolved literary worm. My tribe feed on the written and spoken word. We can eat regular food, but a lack of our true diet fills us with unquenchable hunger. We hide among your people feeding on your imagination and silently waiting as we grow stronger.
-Lori

I want one!

Santa, can I adopt her please?

aw Nicholas. He was one of the first of us to obtain immortality. I have already obtained adulthood so am slightly beyond adoptive age. :P

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:18 PM
Perhaps it is indeed a serendipitous occasion written and orchestrated before the first star was born in the inky depths of the universe. I have not before dared to believe in the miry depths the paths of fate are sure to lead but if this be what is in store for me I go forth with a grateful and open mind.

As for my death defying adventures on this most precious of nights, I could claim a thousand exploits but the reality is far more tepid tragically. However, I'm quite astir with energy due to my return to the grindstone of the working world after a week long vacation. I did such exciting things as fixing stock checks from printing twice and making sure ap history showed up correctly when an ap check has multiple vouchers today. ;)

-Lori

- an apt metaphor yes? :P

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:12 PM

:thumbsup: Very nice you two; a joy to read.:wink:
Welcome Lori

Thank you ever so much :D Few things are more fun than playing with words in all their glorious shades of meaning and connotation.

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:09 PM
I have a friend whose son has epilepsy. They went on a vegan diet, and it seems to be helping. ^ ^ I don't know anything about medicinal advice though.
-Lori

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:04 PM
You'll find no disagreements from this particular corner of the sparring ring. Sooooo what do you do you guys do for a living? I'm a programmer myself. ^ ^
-Lori

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:00 PM
Wonderfully written my good fellow. ^ ^ It left an array of questions and was very thought provoking.

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 06:58 PM
I'm filled with a marked tendency for silliness ^ ^

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 06:56 PM
Aw what joy that my words alight upon such ready ears and are welcomed in the bosom of such a poetic soul. The glory of this moment fills my heart with an array of resplendent shades more varied than any crayon box could hope to contain. What exciting activities are thoust filling thine time with this glorious eve? :P
-Lori

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 06:51 PM

Age is but a number. With enough mathematical manipulation we shall be young forever XD

your not a real worm are you?

how do you type?

welcome to mingle

enjoy

I still don't believe your a worm

I'm a highly evolved literary worm. My tribe feed on the written and spoken word. We can eat regular food, but a lack of our true diet fills us with unquenchable hunger. We hide among your people feeding on your imagination and silently waiting as we grow stronger.
-Lori

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 06:49 PM
Work clothes (teal blouse and black slacks) and a blanket due to the encroaching cold that surrounds me slowly sucking away my carefully guarded scraps of warmth, silently it creeps about the edges of my shield. But yes that's what I'm wearing :) Drama....

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 06:44 PM
Thank you very much. :) It's funny how much brighter the world looks with a little positive thinking.
-Lori

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 06:40 PM
and thank you very much Vivian :D

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 06:40 PM

amarillo? are you sure? what happened to the "howdy y'all"

lol well I'm a bit of an odd duck I suppose. I moved here in second grade from Pennsylvania. :P

bookworm1889's photo
Mon 11/28/11 06:39 PM

I'm from Amarillo. Hullo there :D
-Lori

Hi, Lori! Come play anytime...we are a little wacky, but lots of fun and essentially harmless.

Welcome!flowerforyou

Thank you very much :) I might be wacky occasionally myself. I'm definitely friendly XD

Previous 1