captainfantastek's photo
Thu 01/31/08 06:08 PM
Edited by captainfantastek on Thu 01/31/08 06:10 PM
Previously markecephus wrote:

Hi,

I had to delete your thread, which i was reluctant to do, I think the amber alert thing is a good idea, The problem is, it falls under spamming the boards for other sites. I do intend to see if we can get some kind of rule change, which might allow this for organizations designed to help people, in the meantime, what you could do, is repost about the Amber alert without naming the site, and simply say email me for more info.

sincerely,

Mark ~ Forum Moderator

TRULY SAD! AND I BELIEVE THAT YOU LET OUR CHILDREN DOWN BY DOING THIS. THIS WAS NOT SPAM!!! IT IS ENDORSED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

WHAT BETTER WAY TO SPREAD THE WORD TO PROTECT OUR KIDS THAN POSTING IT ON A HIGH TRAFFIC FORUM?

captainfantastek's photo
Thu 01/31/08 02:47 PM
HI ALL,

GO TO THIS SITE AND SIGN UP! IT'S FREE AND YOUR NUMBER WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT TO A 3RD PARTY. YOU CAN SET IT TO YOUR AREA.

YOU COULD BE THE NEXT ONE TO SAVE A CHILD'S LIFE FROM ALL THE SICK F*CKERS OUT THERE.

THANKS

https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

captainfantastek's photo
Thu 01/31/08 11:26 AM
moping

captainfantastek's photo
Wed 01/30/08 04:33 PM

hmmm thats a good idea but how would I approach someone at the grocery store?

Block him with your cart!!

captainfantastek's photo
Wed 01/30/08 04:16 PM
What is the point in getting another phone? Just let him know when you think is right you will give it to him. If he gives you any crap, then you will know he is not worth your time.

captainfantastek's photo
Wed 01/30/08 01:03 PM

I am a Dolphins fan; so I am rooting for the Giants.

I am a Dolphin fan as well GOOOOO GIANTS!!!!!

captainfantastek's photo
Wed 01/30/08 08:06 AM
Sorry to hear that! I'll be by the pool soaking up some rays.

hehe!

captainfantastek's photo
Wed 01/30/08 07:56 AM
NO, don't drop it. If you are legally separated and you are in the process of divorce it is worth laying out on the table from the beginning. But I think you should be fully divorced before you involve someone else. Just my advice and opinion.

Good Luck!

captainfantastek's photo
Wed 01/30/08 07:52 AM
Here is some advice:

Guy 1: Forget him. No future being with a convict.

Guy 2: Forget him too. He is not interested. If he does not bother to contact you just to see how you are doing then he is not worth your time.

Guy 3: Age is just a number. If things are ok so far then it's worth a shot.

Good luck!!

captainfantastek's photo
Mon 01/21/08 06:42 PM
Fort Liquordale!!!

captainfantastek's photo
Mon 01/21/08 06:40 PM
Classic Counterstrike Source!!

captainfantastek's photo
Sat 01/12/08 07:34 AM
What is the difference between a blonde and a 747?

No many people have been in a 747.

captainfantastek's photo
Fri 01/11/08 08:52 PM
I have been 30 for 8 years now!!!! wooohoooo HELLO!!

captainfantastek's photo
Fri 01/11/08 08:41 PM

The pheeomnnal pweor of the hmuan mnid.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is that the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the human mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Smiply amzanig huh?
:smile:

Oh my! That one kinda scared me! I read it really fast and it looked correct!!

noway

captainfantastek's photo
Fri 01/11/08 11:44 AM
I thawt yoo plaid scrable by shacking the bocks and maik wurds when yoo poor tha letrs on tha florr.

captainfantastek's photo
Fri 01/11/08 11:10 AM
Edited by captainfantastek on Fri 01/11/08 11:12 AM

so are you arguing that we haven't lost rights?

Show me your evidence that we have.

No prison camps, no US citizen held without habeus corpus, no US phone lines have been illegally tapped (tapped communiation between a US and a non-US entity is not illegal), Muslims have not been rounded up, people are still free to assemble so much so they are allowed to disrupt Congressional hearings and get a slap on the wrist. We have not been limited the rights to bear arms since 9/11. Freedom of the press is greater than ever.

No US phonelines illegaly tapped? You sure about that? You have the data to prove it? So you are saying if I have relatives in the middle east and I call them I can have my line tapped without just cause?

The argument was if those lines were tapped without just cause or a warrant. Presidential powers are provided in our constitution and are not to be bypassed nor ignored by any president.

This administration fuels itself by fear campaigns and legal corruption. In Desert Storm we liberated Kuwait, the most oil rich region in the world.Yet our oil has reached 100 a barrel. NOw we liberate Iraq and no change. Oil companies are making record profits with our oil man in the white house.

You barely even refutted anything I said.

Do you have any evidence that US phonelines have been tapped between US citizen and US citizen without a warrant? Unless you have the evidence, proven in a court of law, then you have nothing to stand on besides fear rhetoric. And yes, legally, when one end of the phone conversation is with a non-US citizen the government is legally able to listen in on that conversation. Unless you are talking about conspiratorial stuff they aren't going to listen in on you, that is if they are even there at all.

If ONE end of the phone conversation is a NON-US citizen, there is nothing unconstitutional about that.

Your argument on oil is ridiculous as well. The oil companies have NO control over the cost for a barrel of oil. OPEC sets the price directly.

In order to shut you down with the oil argument, I am going to use the incredibly liberal MSNBC report.

"Even as their overall profits have soared, major oil companies are earning a relatively modest 8.7 percent profit margin -- the portion of the sale of each barrel that hits the bottom line." - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8646744/

Oil companies make, at most for I have seen lower figures as well, a rounded NINE PERCENT profit margin. I suppose a NINE PERCENT profit is far too much for you though?

You have no evidence that they have not been tapped so I guess we are at a tie there. I realize OPEC sets the price, I am not an idiot. Who do you think is in the membership? SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT, UAE. I would figure they would have influence based on what sacrifices we have made to those a-holes.

MSNBC:

"Exxon Mobil posts record profit of $10.7 billion"

"Exxon’s profit for the year was also the largest annual reported net income in U.S. history, according to Howard Silverblatt, a senior index analyst for Standard & Poor’s. He said the previous high was Exxon’s $25.3 billion profit in 2004."

Pretty bold statement on a mere profit.

Not getting the point of what you are saying, however I can come up with a very interesting conclusion. Are you saying we should order these countries we support and assist to give us cheaper oil or we will remove support? We are the ones at the short end, they have what we need, we can't screw with them. It's what they have over us.

Don't see how you can point the finger at US oil companies though. It's not their fault that the price for a barrel of oil is so high or it costs so much to refine oil or the HUGE amount of taxes they pay the federal and state government on it. They make a small sliver of profits on the oil they sell per year, a NINE percent profit. The cost of crude oil, the cost to refine it in the few out of date refineries we have, the transportation costs, employee pay, and the huge amount of taxes they pay are why gas prices are where there are.

Saying how darn PRIVATE oil companies much such a profit, when in fact it is an incredibly small amount to what they should be making, is very callous and extremely anti-capitalist.

Don't get me started on Pay but since you brought it up...

In its financial reports submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission this week, ExxonMobil detailed the payout to Raymond and other executives at the company in 2005. Raymond retired on December 31 after 43 years of service. He oversaw the transformation of the company into the largest, and perhaps the most ruthless, privately held energy company in the world.

Raymond’s compensation package for 2005 was about $70 million. This includes $4 million in base salary, $4.9 million in bonuses, $32.1 million in restricted stock allocations, $7.5 million as part of a long-term incentive plan, and $21.2 million in exercised stock options.

On top of this, Raymond walked away from the company with a lump sum pension payout of $98 million (he elected to receive the sum up front rather than distributed over the remainder of his life). The company filing also reported that Raymond owns in total about $183 million in restricted stock (including what he received in 2005) and stock options valued at another $70 million.

All together: $400 million, give or take a million dollars or two. This is on the order of 10,000 times what an average American worker can hope to earn in a year.

As for OPEC, I would say a break would be nice as a token of appreciation for all of out efforts. But I guess not.

Enjoy your day!

captainfantastek's photo
Fri 01/11/08 11:08 AM

No prison camps, no US citizen held without habeus corpus, no US phone lines have been illegally tapped (tapped communiation between a US and a non-US entity is not illegal), Muslims have not been rounded up, people are still free to assemble so much so they are allowed to disrupt Congressional hearings and get a slap on the wrist. We have not been limited the rights to bear arms since 9/11. Freedom of the press is greater than ever.

No US phonelines illegaly tapped? You sure about that? You have the data to prove it? So you are saying if I have relatives in the middle east and I call them I can have my line tapped without just cause?

The argument was if those lines were tapped without just cause or a warrant. Presidential powers are provided in our constitution and are not to be bypassed nor ignored by any president.

This administration fuels itself by fear campaigns and legal corruption. In Desert Storm we liberated Kuwait, the most oil rich region in the world.Yet our oil has reached 100 a barrel. NOw we liberate Iraq and no change. Oil companies are making record profits with our oil man in the white house.

Do you have any evidence that US phonelines have been tapped between US citizen and US citizen without a warrant? Unless you have the evidence, proven in a court of law, then you have nothing to stand on besides fear rhetoric. And yes, legally, when one end of the phone conversation is with a non-US citizen the government is legally able to listen in on that conversation. Unless you are talking about conspiratorial stuff they aren't going to listen in on you, that is if they are even there at all.

If ONE end of the phone conversation is a NON-US citizen, there is nothing unconstitutional about that.

Your argument on oil is ridiculous as well. The oil companies have NO control over the cost for a barrel of oil. OPEC sets the price directly.

In order to shut you down with the oil argument, I am going to use the incredibly liberal MSNBC report.

"Even as their overall profits have soared, major oil companies are earning a relatively modest 8.7 percent profit margin -- the portion of the sale of each barrel that hits the bottom line." - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8646744/

Oil companies make, at most for I have seen lower figures as well, a rounded NINE PERCENT profit margin. I suppose a NINE PERCENT profit is far too much for you though?

You have no evidence that they have not been tapped so I guess we are at a tie there. I realize OPEC sets the price, I am not an idiot. Who do you think is in the membership? SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT, UAE. I would figure they would have influence based on what sacrifices we have made to those a-holes.

MSNBC:

"Exxon’s profit for the year was also the largest annual reported net income in U.S. history, according to Howard Silverblatt, a senior index analyst for Standard & Poor’s. He said the previous high was Exxon’s $25.3 billion profit in 2004."

Not getting the point of what you are saying, however I can come up with a very interesting conclusion. Are you saying we should order these countries we support and assist to give us cheaper oil or we will remove support? We are the ones at the short end, they have what we need, we can't screw with them. It's what they have over us.

Don't see how you can point the finger at US oil companies though. It's not their fault that the price for a barrel of oil is so high or it costs so much to refine oil or the HUGE amount of taxes they pay the federal and state government on it. They make a small sliver of profits on the oil they sell per year, a NINE percent profit. The cost of crude oil, the cost to refine it in the few out of date refineries we have, the transportation costs, employee pay, and the huge amount of taxes they pay are why gas prices are where there are.

Saying how darn PRIVATE oil companies much such a profit, when in fact it is an incredibly small amount to what they should be making, is very callous and extremely anti-capitalist.

captainfantastek's photo
Fri 01/11/08 11:08 AM

MSNBC:

captainfantastek's photo
Fri 01/11/08 08:55 AM
Edited by captainfantastek on Fri 01/11/08 08:56 AM

MSNBC:

captainfantastek's photo
Fri 01/11/08 08:44 AM

Hey all. I am new to the site. I just wanted to get my face out there and tell you to take a look at my profile if you're interested!

Welcome and it is very attractive that you set goals for yourself.
Nice profile!!!