Community > Posts By > SanneHan

SanneHan's photo
Sat 03/10/12 06:44 AM

I'd love to say kiss....... But at my age I don't like being slapped!!!

laugh laugh

Well, you MIGHT survive a careful smack on the cheek, guy...

THE OTHER KIND OF CHEEK! rofl rofl rofl

Kiss (cheek)!

SanneHan's photo
Sat 03/10/12 06:31 AM
A friendly one on the cheek :D

SanneHan's photo
Sat 03/10/12 04:10 AM

lol. My cell battery is dying. I can tell, cos it always flashes red when it's running low. Sorry to leave. Take care. Bye for now :p

BCnU! ;)

SanneHan's photo
Sat 03/10/12 03:58 AM
The problem remains - kind of hard to find out what doesn't kill you ;)

(OT: I would have pn'd you, but I'm not male... *sigh* and not even for you would I change that, lol!)

SanneHan's photo
Sat 03/10/12 03:52 AM
Well, to be honest, I have to admit going through that has definitely made me stronger... old German wisdom: What doesn#t kill you, makes you stronger ;)

SanneHan's photo
Sat 03/10/12 03:35 AM
Edited by SanneHan on Sat 03/10/12 03:36 AM
:) I see the picture, and I understand what your problem was...

Always helps to have the money for a taxi home in your handbag...

Worst experience for me was a night with some "guy" I met and went clubbing with... ended up in the local police station for me, and the hospital for him :-/

SanneHan's photo
Sat 03/10/12 03:27 AM
Please go on - this is very interesting for me, even though I haven't heard much yet that would be different here in Germany. I know life is much more public here, with places where you can meet without the "consumer" touch of a mall (for me, a mall is still a place where you go shopping and little else... malls american style do grow here, but are still rare)... cities here are much more open as a place to just stroll around and have a good time just windowshopping, having a coffee in a small café; for those of you who know Pier 49 or Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, even Cannery Row in Monterey, CA, or the riverfront in Savannah might have an impression of what I'm talking about...

Apart from that, I absolutely agree with pennyg's points, plus always and ever have other people know what you are doing and with whom, as good as you can describe... being able to take someone with me would probably be a confidence-builder, too. Still doesn't prevent you from bad experiences, but hey, whenever you play, you may lose - if you don't play, you already HAVE lost!

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 11:44 PM
I like Yiddish, even though I only know it from second hand experience... I like Klezmer, and the way the words tune in to that music...

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 08:57 PM
Don't go out of your way for that, magic... I have a LOT of people around me speaking german, about 80 million right now! I am kind of happy about the possibility to use English in an "ordinary" manner each mistake I make now will be spared from me when I meet people eye to eye ;)

But thank you so much for the flowers... wait, I will have to get a vase. Have a seat, while I get one and fix some... coffee? ;)

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 08:45 PM

danke..

Comparing running a redlight and vehicular homicide to sadistic rape torture and strangulation seems a bit strange to me.

He was suspected of committing murders from 1978, but they didn't have DNA testing, obviously and he wasn't admitting it.

He was sentenced to 12 years and served 5..

You don't administer capital punishment for every felony or even in this case.. 2nd degree murder..

But 5 years for killing a 17 yo in a brutal fashion is disturbing..

Okay, I just looked that up some - I become happier each day that I will not be working american law, let alone american CRIMINAL law...

Over here, you can get five years in said red light case, say if you panick and drive away... for a twelve year sentence, well, say you get into a bar brawl, and someone gets killed along the way...

To make myself clear, I might even consider a death penalty as just - but I would never admit that ANY judical system in the world could muster the required divine infallibility required to make absolutely sure you have the right person...

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 02:28 PM
:) Also würdest Du das nächste Mal jemanden, der wegen fahrlässiger Tötung verurteilt wird, hinrichten? Nach 5 Jahren auf Bewährung entlassen wäre hier 7, 8 Jahre Urteil - so viel bekommt man, wenn man eine rote Ampel überfährt und bei dem Unfall jemand getötet wird...

The guy was convicted of second degree murder - that's what you can blame on him. Where would you draw the line for a death sentence? Shoplifting?

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 02:12 PM

Colo. Authorities: Deceased serial killer Vincent Groves may have had up to 20 victims from 1970s - '80s..

Deceased serial killer Vincent Groves has now been linked to the deaths of four more women between 1979 and 1988. He may have been responsible for as many as 20 homicides, authorities said Wednesday.

Groves was originally convicted of second-degree murder in 1982 for killing 17-year-old Tammy Sue Woodrum and was released in 1987 on mandatory parole.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57392487-504083/colo-authorities-deceased-serial-killer-vincent-groves-may-have-had-up-to-20-victims-from-1970s-80s/

Guess this guy didn't get the rehab he needed..

So, next time, we send convicts of second degree murder, released after 5 years (don't know how much that originally was, here it would have been about 7, 8 years - might be a sentence here if you run over a red light, and cause an accident in which someone is killed) to get the injection?

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 01:55 PM

waving
We bite, slap, kick and throw tomatoes.

But for nice people, we refrain from using the ROTTEN tomatoes!?

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 01:51 PM
Well, as everybody seems to overlook this woman... I will not go out of my way to make the blind see... ;)

Hi, Leigh, hope you have a great time her! flowerforyou

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 01:36 PM
LOL, I agree... and always rememer, Persi: Some things are rendered worthless, if you have to ask for them... like the words "I love you".

Welcome here... it's a crazy place, but heartwarming!

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 11:34 AM

How do you get six versions from five people? o.O

One of them bi-polar? xD

All THAT takes is asking one of the people twice ;)

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 10:51 AM

Bushidobillyclub,

I'm just going to agree to disagree with you. I have a bit of a headache and I need to start lunch. I don't see anything in what you posted to believe that eyewitness evidence is the worst form of evidence.

:D Have you ever worked in that area?

Show five people a scene... wait ten minutes, and then ask for their description of what happened. You'll get six versions, and not one of them is exact (and you can be happy if you can build what happened from taking parts of all six).

That goes so far as clothing... built of the people that have been there... the memory of man is selective, has to be, and normally what happened and interests you later did not have the focus of the witness when it happened!

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 04:58 AM
Edited by SanneHan on Thu 03/08/12 04:58 AM

And that's just the pic ;-)

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 04:38 AM

Thanks for the advice snap. I am not new to forums or the sites.
Believe me I know all the lines. laugh

I bet you say that to all the girls... :-D

SanneHan's photo
Thu 03/08/12 12:46 AM
Well, then, welcome from me, too... Looks like a decent place here!