Community > Posts By > mrtxstar

mrtxstar's photo
Fri 01/04/08 10:37 PM
and being behind bars.

mrtxstar's photo
Fri 01/04/08 10:26 PM
John Dean? Do you mean Nixon's John Dean the master manipulator of watergate?

mrtxstar's photo
Fri 01/04/08 09:05 PM
Edited by mrtxstar on Fri 01/04/08 09:06 PM
mnhiker.. don't put words in my mouth. Presidents aren't the only officials we elect. I think WE THE PEOPLE did just fine in 2000 and 2004. It was 2006 where the elections went astray.

mrtxstar's photo
Fri 01/04/08 08:45 PM
Edited by mrtxstar on Fri 01/04/08 08:51 PM

Senators do not get elected president. Give me a Governor or a Mayor over a Senator any day.

Hmmm.. I guess the history books are wrong then.

James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Benjamin Harrison, Warren G. Harding, Harry S. Truman, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.

Just to be the devil's advocate here...

So.. the Republican Front Runner is a former Governor.. That's good.. Who failed to report campaign funds: Not so good.

Who is an ordained Southern Baptist Pastor.. and who's site.. and slogan has the first word you see is "Faith". Which comes before family and freedom.

How exactly is that a political attribute?

Yes in America's history senators have been elected president. However, in this day of modern politics, the trend is not in favor of Senators being elected to presidential office. Next, how is faith a political attribute? I would hope that whom ever is president is guided by the will of God. If not, we will all be damned by their actions. Our country was founded on Christian values. The leader of this country should have the moral compass to make decisions based on those values. All the current canidates, (even Obama) claim to be christian so there must be something positive to be said for that attribute. Noone has answered my original question which is on topic... What are Obama's qualifications to be president?

mrtxstar's photo
Fri 01/04/08 08:03 PM
Woman love the thought of them being able to distract a professional football player to the point that it effects his performance on the field. You just don't get it. Jessica, it's okay if you come to the game. Your man will play good with or without you. Go Cowboys!!!!

mrtxstar's photo
Fri 01/04/08 07:37 PM
Edited by mrtxstar on Fri 01/04/08 07:38 PM

And yet another thread which has Nothing to do with U.S. has been turned into a thread about nothing but the U.S.

mrtxstar, it is not so much that Canada mourns Benazir Bhutto but that there are other things, other countries, other people outside the U.S. and unfortunately some Americans can't see past their own borders. But then I guess some things never change.

Is that what this thread is about? I am an American, so you are going to get my American point of view. If you don't like it then bann Americans from the discussion. Intolerence is the seed of totalitarianism. If more non-Americans want to get in on the discussion then I'm all for it. Until then don't blame me for the American slant of this thread. Anyone else want to comment on Bhutto's murder?

mrtxstar's photo
Fri 01/04/08 07:20 PM
What qualifies Obama to be president? He's a good guy, so what. What are his tangible qualifications? Senators do not get elected president. Give me a Governor or a Mayor over a Senator any day. Someone with real experience with governing. Is that the best the Dems can do? When we elect incompetent officials it is WE THE PEOPLE that bare the blame when things go wrong. Be responsible with your vote. A black, a woman, a morman.... those are not qualifications but those are the reasons some people vote the way they do.

mrtxstar's photo
Fri 01/04/08 06:42 PM
When we elect incompetent officials, it is our own fault. WE THE PEOPLE need to do a better job of electing.

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 11:51 PM
Spoken like true chargers fan... good job.

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 11:28 PM

Nice try ....We have homefield advantage thru the playoffs and as usual peyton will have a hissy fit when he makes a few mistakes and Mr. cool Tom Brady will keep his composure and lead his team to a win over the Colts...no doubt about it...
TOM BRADY IS THE MOST OERRATED QB THERE IS
IF CHARLIE FRYE HAD THE PATRIOTS WIDE RECIEVERS HE WOULD'VE LOOKED LIKE A FOOTBALL GOD

Actually - Brady is the most UNDERATED quarterback in NFL history. Pick #199 - in the 6th round! And he's a lock 1st round hall-of-famer. Name another QB who is more underated!

Tony Romo...undrafted
Just give him time and he too will be a 1st round hall-of-famer.

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 11:23 PM

i dont care what team you like. rivalry is fun when done in a respectful manner. see knoxman's posts. i can take some good hearted bashing and can dish it out too. i just do not tolerate personal attacks on me. i have had some really nasty things said on here simply b/c i love the eagles and have fun with the whole rivalry thing.

I'm very sorry you had some really nasty things said to you on here. Football is a game for goodness sakes... entertainment. Regardless of the team you like, the fun ends when the disrespect starts. May you cheer for your eagles to your hearts content.

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 11:13 PM

The higher the dream
the harder the fall.

And that about sums it up. Aim High!!!!

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 11:08 PM
Edited by mrtxstar on Thu 01/03/08 11:09 PM
I couldn't agree more. Shame on all you self-absorbed Americans. Don't you know Canada is in mourning for Bhutto.

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 10:30 PM
And yet here I am, living the American dream.:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 10:27 PM
Edited by mrtxstar on Thu 01/03/08 10:27 PM
mnhiker, You don't speak for anyone one but yourself. Not even most people, only you. Do you understand that?

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 10:17 PM
Mnhiker...
If life has kicked you in the nadds, I'm sorry bro. But don't blame America. I am living the American dream and my children are living the American dream. You only speak for yourself so don't make absolute statements like "the American Dream is dead". It may be dead for you but don't include others in that statement.

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 09:56 PM
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Careful Winnie, you might find I'm not such a bad guy despite my horrible love of the Cowboys. I really do like all the teams in the NFC east, even your eagles.
I just like some more than others. Life is too short to be hating.

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 09:47 PM
Wildcard Round winners:
Giants, Redskins, Steelers, Chargers

Divisional Round winners:
Cowboys, Packers, Colts, Patriots

Conference Champions:
Cowboys, Patriots

Super Bowl:
Cowboys 35-31

Mark it down.

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 09:37 PM
I think both NFC east teams playing this weekend will win. Having 3 of the 4 teams playing in the divisional round will be testiment to how superior that division is in the NFC.

mrtxstar's photo
Thu 01/03/08 09:09 PM
Edited by mrtxstar on Thu 01/03/08 09:12 PM
mnhiker...
You paint a dreary picture of America. Noone is forced to dedicate 10, 20, 30 years to a company only to get canned. They chose to do that. They could have made different choices and had different results. What matters is in America we have those choices to make. The "American Dream" is still alive and well. If you disagree then it is because of your own bad decisions.