Community > Posts By > canaryrx8

canaryrx8's photo
Fri 04/03/09 09:19 PM
Edited by canaryrx8 on Fri 04/03/09 09:20 PM

I think he's a very lucky man, Denver's going to be hurtin' for a while being idiots and firing shanahan, he got out before it gets any worse and has a chance to start over somewhere, could always be worse too, he could have landed in Detroit. Can antone else count how many college badasses decided to stay in school after last season so they wouldn't wind up there? I can think of at least 3-4.
laugh

Name them.

Tim Tebow,Colt McCoy,Sam Bradford,Jordan Shipley, just to name a few offesnive guys, all potential 1st rd or 1st pick people, I know there's more too. The only big name underclass guy I can think of who's leaving is Mark Sanchez from USC, and even so, everyone's wanting him to come back as a lot of experts feel he's not ready. There's some defensive underclassmen standouts as well but I can't think of their names right this second, I just remember a few months back a lot of them passing up the draft etc., and I'm almost positive if Detroit didn't have the first pick a lot of those dudes would jump to the money no question. I like the Lions, hate to see a team so down, but it's a crappy situation for them right now and nobody wants to start a career there.

So Tim Tebow and Sam Bradford stayed in college JUST so they wouldn't get drafted by the Lions??

Do you have ANY idea how laughable that idea is??

It doesn't have anything at all to do with them wanting to take another shot at a national championship? It doesn't have anything at all to do with the fact that they are enjoying the experience of being top stars at big schools?

If those guys wanted to come out, they would have. Keep in mind that there is going to be no salary cap next season unless the owners and the players union get together to hammer out a new deal. When they do get together, there is going to be a severe restriction on how much money rookies get paid. The players and the owners both feel that paying a #1 draft pick far more than any other players out of the top 5% ( pay wise ) in the league is absurd.

Those guys that stayed in school did so because they wanted to.

Think about it. If they are going to wind up losing a lot of money in a new contract, they would have HAD to want to stay in school. After all, the Lions may be terrible, but they're gonna wind up paying Stafford, or whoever it is that they take with the number 1 pick, around 30 million in guaranteed money.

Oh. Another thing. Remember when Eli manning didn't want to play with the Chargers?? He simply told them he wouldn't sign with them even if they took him with their number 1 pick. It forced the Chargers to trade their pick, after negotiating a trade with the Giants, for Phillip Rivers.

Any one of those guys you named could have done the same thing and still wound up in the NFL.

I'm saying it is a factor, not the ONLY reason, where in what I said did I say it was the ONLY reason? What I was trying to say is it was one of the reasons if anything, and that if a different team had first pick they'd probably bail, read PROBABLY, do you understand PROBABLY as compared to ONLY? Here's some help:

here's only-
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/only

oh, and look, here's probably-
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/probably

see the difference? good! slaphead

Detroit having #1 pick is a factor, maybe not the deciding one, but it is a factor.

/done.

canaryrx8's photo
Fri 04/03/09 08:41 PM

Not intimidated at all, but pretty annoyed at how SOME of them make such a huge deal about it. Honestly, I liked it better when people didn't have such a huge chip on their shoulder, there's no shame in just being a woman, there's no reason to make sure the whole world knows how "independent" a person is, we all get it, and we're all sooooooooo impressed. whoa

I surely dont think we should be condemned for it. Im a single mom. Left my sons father when he was 2 as he wouldnt stop the drinking and drugging life style. He never did the child support thing. No i dont want sympathy! I did it.. i did it myself.. ive put myself through college, ive bought a place to call home, I drive a decent vehicle. My son never went without, but yes we did struggle. I am rather proud of myself for that.

I could have sat back, went on state aid... and did nothing my entire life... so ya... im kinda proud of me...who I am... and what I represent... thank you very much

there's a difference between being proud of what you accomplished and who you are, and being an attention whore who walks around screaming "look at me look at me, look at how independent I am!!!!!11" I'm not condemning women who TRULY are independent, I'm just tired of the ones who put on a show because of it, some of these women have an arrogance that comes along with it as well, which is a huge turn off. Congrats on getting through all that, you have a lot to be proud of, good luck with everything.

canaryrx8's photo
Fri 04/03/09 04:16 PM

I can't believe this story in now on NPR.
And I thought NPR only discussed real news.

pffffffffffffttt, this is by far the funniest thing I've read in months, thanks for cheering me up! bigsmile rofl

canaryrx8's photo
Fri 04/03/09 03:49 PM

I think he's a very lucky man, Denver's going to be hurtin' for a while being idiots and firing shanahan, he got out before it gets any worse and has a chance to start over somewhere, could always be worse too, he could have landed in Detroit. Can antone else count how many college badasses decided to stay in school after last season so they wouldn't wind up there? I can think of at least 3-4.
laugh

Name them.

Tim Tebow,Colt McCoy,Sam Bradford,Jordan Shipley, just to name a few offesnive guys, all potential 1st rd or 1st pick people, I know there's more too. The only big name underclass guy I can think of who's leaving is Mark Sanchez from USC, and even so, everyone's wanting him to come back as a lot of experts feel he's not ready. There's some defensive underclassmen standouts as well but I can't think of their names right this second, I just remember a few months back a lot of them passing up the draft etc., and I'm almost positive if Detroit didn't have the first pick a lot of those dudes would jump to the money no question. I like the Lions, hate to see a team so down, but it's a crappy situation for them right now and nobody wants to start a career there.

canaryrx8's photo
Fri 04/03/09 03:39 PM
Not intimidated at all, but pretty annoyed at how SOME of them make such a huge deal about it. Honestly, I liked it better when people didn't have such a huge chip on their shoulder, there's no shame in just being a woman, there's no reason to make sure the whole world knows how "independent" a person is, we all get it, and we're all sooooooooo impressed. whoa

canaryrx8's photo
Fri 04/03/09 08:25 AM

It's not really tradition anymore. I'd say my last girlfriend probably left me because I was too good to her and she lost interest. Society is really advocating selfish, greedy, and inconsiderate behavior.

Don't forget instant gratification as well, does anyone ever "save up" for anything anymore?

canaryrx8's photo
Thu 04/02/09 11:58 PM

It all fell apart for Denver after Shanahan left.tears

fixed that for you bigsmile

canaryrx8's photo
Thu 04/02/09 05:17 PM
cliques man, it's all about the cliques.

canaryrx8's photo
Thu 04/02/09 05:16 PM

A race that most women don't enter in to until after a few bad relationships with "bad boys".

wrong, and I still say that "nice guys finish last" crap is complete and total bs and an excuse/scapegoat and nothing more. If you go around saying that and keeping that mindset and believing in it, then you will "finish last", but it will have nothing to do with being a "nice guy".

canaryrx8's photo
Thu 04/02/09 05:05 PM
laugh

canaryrx8's photo
Wed 04/01/09 05:59 PM
I forgot about the "Smug" episode, "good forrr you!" "...thannnnks"

laugh

canaryrx8's photo
Wed 04/01/09 05:50 PM
DD = designated driver. scary nobody knew that, be careful out there. :wink:

canaryrx8's photo
Wed 04/01/09 05:32 PM
I don't drink, anyone need a DD?

canaryrx8's photo
Wed 04/01/09 05:22 PM
Hearing Chef Sing 'Suck on my Chocolate Salty Balls" at the Movie Festival was Pretty Funny Too.

"fudge 'ems!" followed by "I just went and fudged your mama"" bigsmile rofl

canaryrx8's photo
Wed 04/01/09 05:16 PM
tough question, last season was rad, especially them poking fun at the election and the Emo/Goth thing, definitely my 2 faves are the anal probe and warcraft ones, I also was in tears when cartman gets a million bucks and buys the amusement park all for himself, only to have to let people in laugh "lines the lines!!!!!..." laugh

canaryrx8's photo
Tue 03/31/09 02:07 PM

Haven't you ever heard of the phrase, " men don't know what they want?" It's true, we don't. I'm not actually talking about myself, but men in general. Every man wants that one night stand, that challenge, so don't let them fool you. We can be one of the nicest guys in the world and still 80 percent of the time we're thinking about sex. The problem with some women is that they think the longer they hold out on sex, the more the man is going to love them in the long run. Trust me when I say that it doesn't matter, because the outcome is going to be the same. Either we like it or we don't. More importantly, I think it comes down to how sex was, what did she look like with out makeup, does she have a nice personality, and is she going to hound me once it's over. My advice is to just be your self and don't come off like you like him to much. This way if he doesn't like you for you, then he's not worth your time. btw, of course men are going to write that in thier profiles, " serious relationships", b/c we don't want to attract the wrong type of girls.

Thanks for being honest guess better to just give up and stay a single mom !!

pffft, you have absolutely no reason to give up, and this guy doesn't speak for every single other guy (or girl) out there, there are a lot of people (women and men alike) out there that know exactly what they want, sometimes that means they only are out for sex, sometimes that means they've passed puberty/adolescence and understand there is more to life than getting laid, just be careful, be patient, be positive, but above all, there's no reason for you to be a quitter.

canaryrx8's photo
Tue 03/31/09 10:25 AM
Actually, I totally forgot to mention Freestyle MX, those guys doing backflips on motorcycles and whatever, definitely takes balls and is not easy by any means, do a google search on travis pastrana's injuries, it's almost terrifying. laugh

canaryrx8's photo
Tue 03/31/09 10:21 AM
heh, my practice wedding was on V-day, my idea too, talk about getting the double whammy every year on that day. laugh bigsmile

canaryrx8's photo
Tue 03/31/09 06:48 AM

Although I was too young at the time, I've watched films and games from the 80's and thought Walter Payton was just a beast on the field! Alot of those hardcore defensive guys from past Bears defenses are also on my list. Butkus, Singletary, Fencik...those boys hit as hard as the best of them, not sure many nowadays hit even close to the pain those guys caused!

heck yeah, "sweetness" was awesome, still have his football cards happy

canaryrx8's photo
Mon 03/30/09 11:42 PM
I'd say Tiger has to be up there, Jordan, Ali, Armstrong, I guess it really depends on how you define best, like who won the most championships or? I don't really think there is one single best ever period, there's to many sports and to many amazing athletes.

race car driving is a sport, believe it or not it does take a lot more than just sitting behind the wheel, those guys are driving at 3 times the normal highway speeds, for hours at a time in 100 degree plus temps w/o a/c or a big gulp for that matter. Those guys train insanely hard, it's just not as well known, just look at rally racing or some of these huge distance type races like baja and tell me they're not athletes. Now playing cards, yeah, no sport there, still don't know why poker is on a sports channel, every time I see that I get pissed and think about how they could be broadcasting a REAL sport instead, espn used to have all kinds of different things from all over the world, now it's mostly domestic sports and movies or some other garbage.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18