Community > Posts By > baroosie

baroosie's photo
Fri 07/11/08 04:01 PM
All I know is if there is a 1/10000000th chance of there being a real hell, I wont be an atheist!laugh

baroosie's photo
Fri 07/11/08 12:17 PM
To make sure they didnt buy beer with my money, I'D go out and buy it for them! Ha!

baroosie's photo
Fri 07/11/08 11:15 AM
A 6'6" Saudi, hiding in that region of the world and he hasn't been "discovered" yet?! Come on! He must be hiding with the Easter Bunny!

Seriously, I think he loathes the "coercion" between the American and his own Saudi "regimes" and their lifestyle as well.

baroosie's photo
Fri 07/11/08 01:51 AM

It's 4:30am and I have to go to class at 4pm. Yet i am wide awake!
ohwell

4 words...

5 hour power shot
Hey, wait a minute! Thats 3 words and a number! You tricked us! Speaking of tricks, did you see the last Chriss Angel special? Do you think he's really special? He could be an angel, but we'd never know. Speaking of angels, do you think Jesus was an angel when he ascended to heaven? Would he be considered one? Do you ever do Christmas shopping early? ...Say July? noway

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 05:03 PM

I dont mean to sound like a do-good or reformist, but people are being evasive answering a direct question......

If you say "Yes, and i dont give a s**t about anyone else", that would be an answer at least..laugh

Foul! : Can't complain about people bringing up caveats to a slanted question & call it evasive because it doesn't adhere to a pre-disposed opinion.

indifferent yeess theeey aare bbeeeeing iinconsiddderrate...is the only non-evasive answer

...also a question of majority & propriety....if a person with allergies goes into a cigar bar and complains about smoke ,who is being inconsiderate?

a slanted example for a slanted question

So if a non-pot smoker went to a Phish concert, NO
I don't think the "majority" of concert goers are being inconsiderate. Specific? Evasive? Sorry.

The clean living guy would be inconsiderate for thinking different

...and sometimes you just gotta "deal"
I like to go to a pub every once in a while and have a few beers, but CAN'T STAND inconsiderate sloppy drunks.....it's a risk I run

Thanks... I appreciate that... perhaps i'm not being politically-correct...

.... and that sloppy drunk would REALLY be inconsiderate if he puked on anyone or if he poured some rancid beer in someone's yawning mouth as a joke...laugh (don't laugh...thats happened!)

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 04:58 PM

What do you think of people who openly smoke pot at concerts, amphitheaters, etc.... without regard to recovering alcoholics and drug addicts, in attendance, who should not be inhaling that smoke?
Maybe I should repeat the question.... maybe rephrase it to say "Do you think people who openly smoke pot at concerts are being considerate of others....?" (How's that?)frustrated

okay...then no, it is not considerate, to anyone, really. i think it was throwing in the recovering addict that threw this off. but, the guy puking all over himself next to ya at the concert is pretty inconsiderate as well...it's life, i've learned to deal. flowerforyou
I agree i should have phrased it differently... more generally (I did so later on... page 3?)

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 04:57 PM

a reformist will righteously judge and call reasons why "excuses and justifications"
A reformist tries to convert others... i dont.... Live and let live....

As a matter of fact, pot should probably be legalized, if for only the fact that it'll save the taxpayers millions....

My son (a pot smoker) said something that made sense.... he, as well as his friends, go to the edge of a venue to smoke during a concert... that way everyone's happy and having a good time...and there's no friction....

I used to look foward to geting high at concerts, but i didnt realize how it affected others til i matured.....

Is there any reason one cant get high just before a concert and abstain til the concert's over?

Kind of like wishing they wouldn't get drunk until after the festivities...
I also said "Before"

Would you rather they got drunk before?
I could care less if anyone is drunk on his a** or stoned out of his gourd.... that wasnt the topic

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 04:01 PM

a reformist will righteously judge and call reasons why "excuses and justifications"

As a matter of fact, pot should probably be legalized, if for only the fact that it'll save the taxpayers millions....

My son (a pot smoker) said something that made sense.... he, as well as his friends, go to the edge of a venue to smoke during a concert... that way everyone's happy and having a good time...and there's no friction....

I used to look foward to geting high at concerts, but i didnt realize how it affected others til i matured.....

Is there any reason one cant get high just before a concert and abstain til the concert's over?

Kind of like wishing they wouldn't get drunk until after the festivities...
I also said "Before"

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 04:00 PM
I dont mean to sound like a do-good or reformist, but people are being evasive answering a direct question......

If you say "Yes, and i dont give a s**t about anyone else", that would be an answer at least..laugh

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 03:53 PM

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 02:28 PM
A good friend of mine in recovery says out of all the people who do any type of intoxicants, potheads will minimize, deny or blame... and will try to justify everything...

A crackhead'll steal from you, a drunk'll run you over, a methhead'll kill you.... i realize that..... but they wont trivialize it and laugh about it...

BTW: My friend and I are former HD potheads, as well.... we're just looking back at the way we used to be...

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 02:20 PM

The question was NOT "what do you think people in recovery should do...."

BTW: What do you think of people who openly smoke pot at concerts? Are they being considerate to others?

Yeah if they pass the joint on down the line I think that's being considerate

laugh laugh laugh

and openly smoking where they SHOULD be...in a place where children and the recovering should not be

not wetlipping is also very considerate

laugh too funny MBD
"Openly smoking where they should be is a good answer", but where's that? (Please explain why people who mind that smoke should not be allowed to go)

Do you think concert venues should be...rated?

I do think the ;wetlipping" is a funny comment,thoughlaugh

Explain why people who smoke shouldnt be allowed to go..Im serious not being a smartass
I think everyone should be allowed to go....i also think everyone should be considerate to others...

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 02:17 PM

Have your freinds saw the roof off your car and paint it paisley and make a body billboard that says "recovering from weed" and go to burning man concert. They will respect your choice. Way fun!
I'll be at Burning Man in a van, not convertible.... hope to see you there!smokin

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 12:45 PM

BTW: What do you think of people who openly smoke pot at concerts? Are they being considerate to others?

Yeah if they pass the joint on down the line I think that's being considerate

laugh laugh laugh

and openly smoking where they SHOULD be...in a place where children and the recovering should not be

not wetlipping is also very considerate

laugh too funny MBD
"Openly smoking where they should be is a good answer", but where's that? (Please explain why people who mind that smoke should not be allowed to go)

Do you think concert venues should be...rated?

I do think the ;wetlipping" is a funny comment,thoughlaugh

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 12:01 PM

OK, I went back and re-read the question.
I don't give it too much thought at all.
There...thank you...... thats all i'm asking..."Yes" "No" "Dont give a flip" "Dont think about it", etc......laugh (Then if someone wants to give a reason or make a comment...fine):tongue:

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 11:51 AM

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 10:42 AM

What do you think of people who openly smoke pot at concerts, amphitheaters, etc.... without regard to recovering alcoholics and drug addicts, in attendance, who should not be inhaling that smoke?
Maybe I should repeat the question.... maybe rephrase it to say "Do you think people who openly smoke pot at concerts are being considerate of others....?" (How's that?)frustrated

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 10:37 AM

One of the benefits of being clean and sober is that I can go anywhere and not be afraid, provided I live by a few simple rules. I go to get togethers and parties,to clubs and bars too. But its my mind set and motivation for going thats important. I was at a bar last week to listen to a band and meet a lady friend there. I know three of the band members, as it turned out my friend didn't show. So after a about 90 mins, I left. I didn't have a reason to stay anymore. Last time I saw Eric Clapton, yeah there was some weed being smoked but not like in the 70's, its an older crowd now. But I am not going to go just because of that. If I can't deal with it, then it's my problem.

It was on a Thrus. Smoke-Free night, I had to go outside for a cig.laugh
Agreed... that's cool.....

Evidently, a lot of people misconstrue what i'm asking or are (trying to) justify something thats being done....

The first few responses were from people who thought that was a bad thing to do.... (thats fine... its a answer).... i don't hear anyone saying thats a good thing to do or those people have a right to do it....

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 10:31 AM

They can do whatever, I just move away
... and move..... and keep moving.... and keep moving....laugh

baroosie's photo
Wed 07/09/08 10:29 AM

Trying to change concert going culture in a decade?

Aren't recovering people not supposed to frequent the same patterns?

Now granted..it would be nice for them to enjoy music in an environment not of temptation, but if they were at the same venue a year or a couple of months back..."Partaking in the Party"....
....wouldn't it be just slightly hypocritical to come back righteous as a reformed whore?

Insanity - frequenting a place of known behaviour, expecting a different outcome.
This was a good answer.... unfortunately, not to the question.

Beach is dead on as far as answering your question. Are you refering to a concert that you attended recently? If so, was this your first concer ever? If not your first concert then you knew what sort of atmosphere you were exposing yourself to no? Now that you have "reformed" (congrats by the way) you think all of society should change because you have?
The question was and still is: "what do you think of the people..." and i'm not referring to any concert i attended.... and i'm not refferring to anything personal..... AND i will never expect society to change a thing....AND i never said i was exposing myself to anything.... I'm asking for input concerning"people,who...", not anyone's justification for doing what they do.....frustrated

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25