Community > Posts By > dontbitemuch

dontbitemuch's photo
Thu 09/20/12 02:57 AM
Home Made Healthy Chicken Nuggets

Cut chicken breast into pieces, coat with natural yoghurt and then roll in crushed savoury crackers, cook in oven at medium heat until cooked through (cooking time will vary depending on how large your chicken pieces are).

------

'Make your own dinner how you want!'

Chop up many different raw vegies in thin easy to chew pieces, cook a variety of different meats (pork chop, lamb steak, pan fried chicken breast etc) and chop into bite sizes. Give a selection of breads - wholegrain/multigrrain/white/flat breads. Supply some cottage cheese, hommus, grated cheese and sauces and let kids serve their own foods in whatever quantity they like - this will allow them to try new foods without pressure and I find they end up eating a wider variety of foods in larger quantities than they would if I put it on seperate plates!

------

Quick Chicken Bacon Pasta

1 Packet Pasta cooked and drained
2 cups of milk
Pinch of nutmeg
A chicken breast cooked and chopped
3 rashes of bacon cooked and chopped
1 chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced/crushed
brocolli boiled/blanched and chopped
1/2 cup corn kernels
1 grated carrot
1/3 cup flour to thicken (stir with water to form a paste with no lumps)
A handful of grated cheese

Fry up onion and garlic along with the bacon until the onion becomes translucent. Add in chicken and all vegetables and stir to warm through. Add milk and flour mixture and slowly bring to the boil whilst stirring to thicken. Take off the heat and add in the cheese and nutmeg, stir through and serve!

---------------

Fried Rice

2 cups cooked brown rice
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 bbq broken into pieces
500g beef mince
500g pork mince
4 eggs mixed with a little milk
1 rasher of bacon chopped
handful of peas
a splash of soy sauce
a splash of ketcap manis (sweet soy)

In a large frying pan, fry the onion, garlic, bacon on medium heat until the onion is cooked to your liking. Add in the minces and break up whilst cooking through. Push to one side and cook the eggs like an omlette and when cooked through break up into pieces. Throw in the chicken and peas and rice. Splash in the sauces and stir through and serve!

These are some of our favourites - if anyone wants more ideas/recipes then let me know! - I have more!

dontbitemuch's photo
Tue 09/18/12 11:48 PM
Your profile picture is nice and clear and your writing seems straight to the point and you obviously know what you want and what does not appeal to you - this is good).

You mention that English is not your first language and I can see this in the style of your writing, maybe you could have someone help you with the flow of the writing so that nothing can be taken in an ambiguous way - you want to make sure that things are read in the way that you intended them to be.

I wish you luck in finding happiness, enjoy this site!

dontbitemuch's photo
Tue 09/18/12 11:17 PM
You are speaking about reactions of others towards you - what actions are you taking to provoke negativity from women?

If you are open, honest and love who you are then you will be showing everyone your best side - this should get you the reaction that you deserve.

....take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye....