Community > Posts By > downhomechik

downhomechik's photo
Sun 04/27/08 06:19 AM
I'd confront them. They're getting off easy if you say nothing.

downhomechik's photo
Fri 04/25/08 06:50 AM
I'm so thrilled. I've been working out for 5 weeks and just got into a size smaller pants!!! I was really discouraged earlier in the week....miracles do happen!

downhomechik's photo
Fri 04/25/08 06:26 AM
My best friend runs a daycare and one of the little ones she watches is deaf.

When she asked me to help her one day, I was nervous about how to communicate with the toddler.

He was signing to me and I asked her what he was saying, She said he keeps saying to you.... "I need a hug..."

I melted....and dropped down on my knees, cried while I hugged him.

downhomechik's photo
Thu 04/24/08 10:20 AM
Very sad indeed. I've learned that their are wolves in sheeps clothing and sheep in wolves clothing. Need to look a little hard, search a little deeper, think a little longer.....be cautious...before throwing caution to the wind....(putting it alittle dramatically...)

downhomechik's photo
Thu 04/24/08 10:14 AM
I still maintain that amongst the men I've dated, the ones I respected and liked the most asked me to hold my hand or give me a hug...maybe its my boundary thing and the fact they didn't cross over without my ok was good for me. Maybe not good for everyone else. I don't mind a door being opened --that's something one would do for a complete stranger but you wouldn't, for instance, hold a strangers hand after meeting them for the first time. I would definitely pay for my own dinner....

downhomechik's photo
Thu 04/24/08 09:51 AM
what facts do you have to back that up?

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:50 PM
Sandy....You can't steer the boat by looking behind you. The past makes us who we are today but it doesn't keep us grounded in it unless we choose to be there...so steer your boat forward and be happy with who you are inside...the rest will come

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:45 PM
Try this. Tell him you are interested and if he is ever free (which he isn't) then look you up! It's morally and ethically wrong to get into a relationship without getting out of one...:cry:

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:36 PM
I recently dated a rattle snake who will eventually kill himself with his own poison....brokenheart

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:34 PM
i walked on the track and sweat down my back until it rained....down my back. i am a very, smelly & dirty girl...

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:32 PM
i immediately touched my toes...thank god i'm not cursed....huh

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:31 PM
i think people see a button and they have to click on it....even though it says "favorite"ohwell

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:29 PM
i was the quiet gal who never raised her hand but knew all the answers. i still know all the answers....laugh happy

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:26 PM
only if i get to throw the first punch....noway :tongue: blushing

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 06:20 AM
If they've decided "not to ever go there" then it works. I have a best friend that is a male. We know its in our best interest to say "friends only". But I sure have never let him spend the night either....not even on the couch.

downhomechik's photo
Wed 04/23/08 06:17 AM
I say, "that's ok" when I'm thinking..."that's NOT ok!!!!" Working on it.

downhomechik's photo
Tue 04/22/08 12:57 PM
Certainly alot of different views here but I know one thing....I personally think holding hands is intimate...not a casual thing especially when the guy brags that he has 3 or 4 meet & greets... after the one he is on.....so, is he holding hands with everyone??? Not my thing. He's looking for love anywhere he can get it. Holding hands to me is a non-verbal..."I think you are special...." and not something you do 5 minutes after meeting someone. Surely that wasn't a good match.

downhomechik's photo
Tue 04/22/08 04:38 AM
I believe a person should ask the person they want to hold hands with for the first time.

I think its a show of healthy respect for a persons boundaries.

Maybe I'm wrong...what do you think?

downhomechik's photo
Thu 04/17/08 06:58 AM
what I want and what I think I need r 2 very different things.
what I look for and what I get r 2 very different things.

patience is the key here.

your parents did the best they could with the tools they had to work with. they didn't know any better. they shoulda but maybe didn't. forgive them. forgive yourself for looking for that validation

downhomechik's photo
Thu 04/17/08 06:48 AM
that's a good one!