no photo
Sat 03/28/09 11:19 AM
Megadeth - Breadline

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:51 AM
Franz Ferdinand - Outsiders

no photo
Sun 03/15/09 04:59 AM
Here are most of the preparations I need to do before setting off.
I'd like to note that I am in a lucky position regarding traveling inside EU, as I am an european, inside EEA and to make it even easier, I don't think I'll even need luggage.

First, am I going to need a visa? As I live inside EU and EEA (european economic area), going to UK is easy for me. All I need is my passport. Note that as most european countries have signed the Schengen-treaty, GB isn't among them. The cool thing about Schengen treaty btw is that if you are..let's say American wanting to go around europe, if you get a visa to one treaty-country (being your main destination, or the country you'll land in first), you are good to go to any of them!

Checked that my phone will work in local network.

Got myself a travel insurance

I don't have a savings account, but those who are planning to use the money in one, check if there are restrictions about how fast you'll be able to get the money out, some banks have limitations about the time and amount of money you are able to withdraw.

Keep an eye on your foreign ministry's travel info, it'll keep you up to date with security risks, terrorist threats and such. There you will also find your embassy's contact info in your destination, and if you need a visa or not.
For US the url is this:
http://www.state.gov/

Some little, but important things to remember:
Electrical outlets. Plugs and voltage may be way different than yours, so adapters may (and US-EU will) be needed.

I can't remember ANY of the phonenumbers or emails of my friends, so I'll write them down and send the list to my email in case my phone gets stolen.
If you got/need any of these, scan and email them to yourself, and keep copies with you:
Passport, travel/health insurance, flight tickets, vaccination card, credit cards, membership cards and prescriptions.

I would also recommend to get a phrase book or dictionary, if you are not sure that locals will understand english.

Also, having some local currency in hand when you arrive is also recommended.

That's all I can think of now, I'll add more stuff if something comes to mind. If you got any questions, you know who to email.

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 01:06 PM
Stam1na - Peto rakasti sinua

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 12:58 PM
Brother Firetribe - Heart full of Fire

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 12:51 PM
Sepultura - Floaters in mud

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 12:46 PM
Megadeth - Countdown to extinction

no photo
Fri 03/13/09 06:41 AM
Ok, I feel kinda bad about choosing London instead of the original plan now, but what the hell, hotel's booked and all.

So, I will arrive to London 1st of july (midnight) and when I get there, I have 3 weeks without plans ahead.
If anyone has ideas less obvious than museums/galleries/tourist attractions, please post them here or mail straight to me, you'll help me out a lot ;)

Later,
J

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 12:09 PM
DJ Proteus - Sacred whip

no photo
Wed 03/11/09 11:38 AM
The Prodigy - Omen

no photo
Thu 02/26/09 08:04 AM
Time for an update, folks!

My summer holiday is four months away, and it's time to start making some firm decisions. Early? Well let me explain why.

1. When traveldates are locked and hotels and flights are booked there is nothing much to worry about. As slightly compulsive person as I am, this is something I need to prevent hesitating about where to go (as I want to go EVERYWHERE!) to the point when I have to go back to work and the summer's over.. This is also a good motivator for working longer hours/saving money for that trip in the near future.
2. Flights are still cheap. When you book your flights early (>1 month from departure) you can save big $/€!
3. You have a lot of time to search anything interesting happening in your destination at the time you'll be there.
4. Time to find bargain gear, travel partner(s) and so on.

I have now decided to go to London UK yey! And all there is left to choose is if I stay 2 or 3 weeks, and where to stay. Tomorrow is payday, so I'll look into that tomorrow. If anyone can recommend a cheap hotel, nice pub/bar/club or anything else in London, give me a shout =)

Oh, and to cut down the list of things-to-take-care-of, I ordered a continous travel-insurance. One thing less to worry/remember about as I can just go anytime and anywhere I want.

no photo
Sun 02/22/09 09:05 AM
In this point I have three plans for summer already, and maybe more to come if I find something interesting.
Maybe next month I'm in the situation to leave the decision to a quarter, and let a coin-toss guide me to my destiny..
Options right now are 3 weeks in London, 1 month in Ukraine or a festival-filled summer right here in Finland. I'm currently in favor of London but.. =/

no photo
Sun 02/08/09 12:59 PM
Queens of the stone age - Everybody knows that you're insane

no photo
Wed 12/31/08 12:14 PM
Sepultura - Kaiowas

no photo
Wed 12/31/08 11:50 AM
Allright, people. 2009 is coming and, thank god, I still have time for some hesitation about the destinations. I'm really starting to think about replacing Kosovo with London..

Anyways, happy new year to everyone, shall 2009 be the year that won't have anything you'd regret afterwards.
2009 for me will be the year to live more or less by a quote I heard in a song of Rinneradio: try whatever appeals to you.
And starting 2nd of january I'll beging training to gain some streght to practise parkour again in the summer, and to be more prepared to whatever suprising situation I may find myself.

I'm off to celebrate, later.
-J

no photo
Sun 12/21/08 02:17 AM
Jack:
Stop being desperate
Get visa
Buy flight tickets
Book hotel or hostel
Go

no photo
Fri 12/19/08 07:49 AM
Queens of the Stone Age - Everyobody knows that you're insane

no photo
Thu 12/18/08 09:18 AM
Moonsorrow - Tuulen tytär/Soturin tie
or
Moonsorrow - Daughter of the Wind/Warrior's way

no photo
Thu 12/18/08 09:05 AM
I'm more of a trash/speed/folkmetal person myself, but I live next to Norway..
And it's nice to see someone here agrees about the way metal is going nowadays.

no photo
Wed 12/17/08 04:19 AM
Tiny update about the vaccine for hepatitis a&b:
Time between the first and the second injection is one month, and six months between the second and third. Lifetime protection after them yey =)