Community > Posts By > refuseresist

no photo
Sun 12/14/08 11:37 AM
Edited by refuseresist on Sun 12/14/08 11:38 AM
As close as 100 metres of reactor 4:s tomb they say, about 109 yards.
It is ensured that levels of radioactivity are not harmful.

And come on, I drink and smoke. I live dangerously =P

no photo
Sun 12/14/08 10:35 AM
Some update:

I suppose I need to face my fobia on needles, and take hepatitis A+B vaccine. Gladly, I'll have plenty of time to gather my courage.
3 shots for lifetime protection, first at minimum 2 weeks before setting off.

Foreign ministry says it's ok to go both Ukraine and Kosovo. Although northern Serbian territories should be avoided.

I think I choose "Ukraine Hotel" to be my HQ while in Kiev, ok rates and excellent location. Also has nudity and opportunism in their "Virtual tour"-video =D

The budget still needs a lot of research, but wikipedia's GDP-list gives some help,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

And this one's IMPORTANT: I had my teeth checked at the dentists, and what do you know? I have holes and a wisdom tooth that needs to be fixed BEFORE I go.

no photo
Thu 12/11/08 08:08 AM
Children of Bodom - Red light in my eyes pt.2

no photo
Thu 12/11/08 08:03 AM
Children of Bodom - Red light in my eyes pt.1

no photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:53 AM
Ubuntu user here, couldn't resist the looks of Compiz, Emerald themes and the Desktop cube =)
Oh, and Vista for gaming.

no photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:36 AM
Desire to go - check
Will to work for it - check
Destination - ???

This is a question everyone has to consider.
Where, and for how long?

For me, it will be max. one month, as that is the time I'll get off of work. Time is a limiting factor, I remember how I last year thought to travel through ALL the biggest cities in the whole europe in that time..
The truth is, that if you take more than 4 destinations in a month, you won't remember much from your vacation because of the rush you went through places. How can anyone call that a vacation?

So I'll chilax (chill + relax, a term I heard from Madventures TV-show, and what I will use in later posts) already now.

There are these two places that have been on my mind for a long time now:
Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant
Newly independent Kosovo
And maybe London/Cheddar, where a friend of mine is au-pair..ing?

That would make 3 destinations, so I think I'll go with those, unless cold and dark Finnish winter makes me desire warm places, like Kingdom of Tonga, when I'm ready to reserve flight tickets..

no photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:18 AM
I thought I'll do a simple travel diary regarding my plans for next year.
I don't have a "blog" account anywhere, and I hate even the word "blog" anyways, so I thought I'll do this in here, my favourite multi-national community on the whole internet yey!

Hopefully this will also work as an encouragement for those who are interested about traveling, but haven't had that spark to ignite the desire to "get lost".

I'm not a travel/backpacker guru, I have only been to Venice and Dublin so far, but that was intentional - that was training to be prepared on basic things that I will need when going farther and longer, in relatively safe environment.

So, in this thread I will tell you how I plan things, how I prepare, and eventually, things about the places I will be in.

I will update pictures in here:
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/Jaakko3000/Travel%202009/
It is still empty =(
Last years photos are in "Travel" folder, Bremen - Venice - Dublin.

I will update videos in here:
http://www.youtube.com/Jaakko3000
This is empty aswell, but I can't wait to get some material!

I will start this thing from the very beginning of every journey:

Where to go?

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 03:33 PM
Rammstein - Zwitter

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 03:29 PM
Children of Bodom - Hellion

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 03:25 PM
Anathema - Empty

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 01:22 PM
My gaming history goes back to the age when Commodore 64 with cassette drive was the hottest sh** anywhere. I recall Giana Sisters and Pacman were some of my favourites.
Next upgrade was 486 SX 66MHz, that gave me the introduction on FPS's. Doom, Hexen, ROTT etc.
But what really triggered the strange passion on me to actually WAIT a game release, and saving money like crazy to upgrade my computer to make sure I can play the game with everything maxed out, was S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky.
God, 600$ for the video card, and 120$ for a power unit to cope with the need for watts just to play a 50$ game?
It wasn't crazy then, for some reason..

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 01:13 PM
Queens of the Stone Age - Make it wit chu

no photo
Sat 12/06/08 06:30 AM
Sepultura - Kaiowas (live in London)

no photo
Wed 12/03/08 04:32 AM

as is your right drinker

science and evidence is god's way of testing faith... and hell is uncomfy i hear

I saw this quote on bash.org:
<@amz> the christian hell is also pretty cold, compared to its heaven
<@amz> it has liquid sulfur in it, so it can't be over 400 celsius... on the other hand, the bible describes the sun in heaven shining like 7 suns, each 7 times as bright
<@amz> which gives an estimate of 2000-3000 celsius

what

no photo
Sat 11/29/08 12:22 PM
Here's the deal. I have been on our company's emergency service for five weeks straight, and now after being those five weeks ready to go to work at any given time (no drinking), I now find it extremely hard to get on the mood of binge drinking in dark metal bars with strange people to the morning.
I have tried cranking up Slayer and Sepultura.
I suppose I don't have to mention the drinking.
I've been smoking like it's 1950's.

I don't get it? All of the elements of starting the night are here?
I still feel like being on my computer, or playing Mirror's edge on ps3.
What's happening to me? And what to do?

no photo
Sat 11/29/08 11:47 AM
Slayer - Raining blood

no photo
Sat 11/29/08 11:41 AM
View no. 100 w00!!

It's cold and dark.

I'm so drunk.

Bye bye now.

no photo
Tue 11/04/08 09:55 AM
Isn't Goth(ic) a style of architecture? Or a long gone barbaric tribe that fought the romans?

Man, metal has gone so wrong these days.
Back in my days..
- black t-shirt and black jeans was all the clothes you needed.
- love and metal didn't mix.
- people didn't whine about their "feelings" unless they were pissed off.
- men didn't use mascara.
- it wasn't "trendy".

Ah..good times.

no photo
Sat 10/25/08 02:52 AM
Queens of the stone age - Make it with chu

no photo
Sat 10/18/08 05:46 AM
Yes, I would.
But I just might go anyways, my determined plans about Chernobyl NPP and Kosovo next summer are again under reconsideration..