Community > Posts By > AkikoMoon

AkikoMoon's photo
Sat 02/16/13 09:00 PM

I don't seem to be getting anyone looking at it or interested so I was wondering if it was something in the profile?

Who knows.

AkikoMoon, maybe you should make an appointment with your favorite Doctor and ask him.

Nice Doctor Who reference. =)

AkikoMoon's photo
Sat 02/16/13 06:28 PM

You've been on here for less than a month. Give it time and get involved in the forums.

I started to and that's how I came across this topic.
Mostly, I am just curious. =)

AkikoMoon's photo
Sat 02/16/13 02:15 PM

If nobody's even looking, then it doesn't matter what's in your profile, as they'd have to look at it before hating the contents.

That said, you've got a really cute profile pic. If you were in my area and nearer my age, I'd totally look. I thought your description text was pretty good, too. One thing that stood out is where you said you wanted to not worry about what he thought about you, but that seems redundant to me. You shouldn't worry about what anybody thinks about you, but maybe that's just up in my head. Overall, you did a good job.

I think the best way to get looked at is to actively look at other people. I don't know your account settings, but I get notified whenever any woman checks my profile, and I even get an email notice if some woman nudges me. You could judge people too. It's free and doesn't hurt. If they didn't give a bogus email address when signing up for this site, then they'll know you checked them out, and as cute as you are, you'll definitely get a look back.

Good luck!

Thank you!
I get one or two people looking every once in a while but they are never in my area. =)

AkikoMoon's photo
Sat 02/16/13 01:02 PM
I met a guy on here and he seemed really awesome. We got to talking and EVERYTHING we liked was the same. He would ask me a question and I would answer and he would say, "OMG, me too!" At first I was thinking, okay that's a little creepy. But then it was nice to find someone who liked all the same things. He kept saying how weird it was that we liked the same things. We exchanged numbers and started talking on the phone. He then started talking about getting married and moving me out to another state where he owns a bunch of land and is building a house. He said it was not built yet and I could have my say in how it's built. He said he was going to buy me a car and buy me a new mattress (I had mentioned it gave me back pain). He is a truck driver and makes so much money, according to him. It started getting fishy so I told him I was busy and would call him later. I got a text message the next morning saying that I was a slut and a player because I added 3 new photos to my Mingle account. I added them all at the same time the first day I joined. I told him that I hadn't been on the site lately and he said that my profile said within the last day. I told him I might have but just to remove some winks. He said that he was going to do us both a favor and end this relationship now because he can't be with a woman who was a cheater. I was like, OMG! We aren't even in a relationship! I'd be so glad to get rid of your number!
Mind you, this all happened withing 2 days...

AkikoMoon's photo
Sat 02/16/13 12:51 PM
Just moved here to Arizona and looking for my other half. I am a bit of a nerd and I want to date a nerd. Simple as that.
Check out my profile.

AkikoMoon's photo
Sat 02/16/13 12:36 PM
For me, I use the online dating because I just moved here to Arizona and don't get many chances to get out. Also, I have had so much bad luck with meeting the wrong guys. It's easier to meet online, make sure they are decent, and then meet. I have met 3 people from a different site that I no longer have an account at (seems to be more about sex than relationships). One is still a friend of mine and the other two I had to block from my phone.

AkikoMoon's photo
Sat 02/16/13 12:21 PM

Its OK your direct and the person knows wat to expect but the sex thing you should leave out because now a guy could wait and play off that move. It should be removed so I guy can automatically be himself. Don't be sad or discourage all males think of sex as something the mean thing you want to reflect is that your the prise your worth having around your cool your willing to explore boundaries your needing to grow as a woman your willing to help a man grow. Its about comprismising differences most guys would love a woman who has everything together but most women who do look down on men who don't its the same with men who have everything together look down on women. Take away financial worth we should all do and put are worth on a person character define them to see if they fit as a friend, lover, spouse etc

Thanks. That's really helpful. I just hate when guys go immediately into asking what position I like, etc. I like all that stuff, but all in good time. Not right away. But I guess the right guy for me would know that and I wouldn't have to say it.

AkikoMoon's photo
Sat 02/16/13 12:20 PM
Edited by AkikoMoon on Sat 02/16/13 12:20 PM

you've got a great dentist

Thanks. Haha, I take care of my teeth.

AkikoMoon's photo
Sat 02/16/13 11:45 AM
What do y'all think of my profile or me in general I guess?
I don't seem to be getting anyone looking at it or interested so I was wondering if it was something in the profile?
Honest answers please and no disrespectful comments.